[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Episode 4 and the revenge starts!  What an amazing episode from the aftermath of Mr Hong's death to the wonderfully executed revenge at the end. The reveal that the Jipuragi trio were behind the fire, then that the families of the victims were involved with the revenge and they burnt the drugs down just like Mr Hong wanted.  And the final "I will win" monologue by Vincenzo as Nessun Dorma plays and the factory completely blows up.  Just perfect:astonished:

12 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Episode 4 hit the spot! Sad that HYC passed but it was expected as the catalyst for Vincenzo and HCY to join hands. Vincenzo also now has a purpose to prolong his stay in Korea. The pace and events of this episode was exactly what I’ve been waiting for. It was so good! Loving the Vincenzo + HCY tandem. They’re so cool and I had a couple of good laughs from the schemes they pulled. Simply brilliant *chef’s kiss* That other lawyer also came in handy lol. 

The revelation of the actual villain was not shocking but shocking that it happened sooner than I expected. Whatever the case, I hope the writer have a good story behind why he’s wasting his time as an undercover intern at wuisang. Also are his feelings for HCY genuine? As the villain, can Taecyeon comb his hair back? Would be more intriguing and separate him from the puppy image we’ve already created of him. 

Yes!  It was an amazing episode.  I'm glad I had patience because Episode 4 gave us everything:D I was so saddened by Papa Hong's death:bawling:  The way the drama portrayed it was so heartbreaking with the music in the background, HCY's grief (NGL I might have shed a few tears when she was looking at the old pictures with her father :tears:), the news reports, time passing, Vincenzo in hospital and the post-its and flowers from all the many, many people he helped over the years.  He was truly a good person who made a difference to so many lives.

As I said before the first few episodes were a prelude and Mr Hong's death was the catalyst needed to motivate both Vincenzo and Che Young and bring them together for a common cause of revenge and justice on their own terms. I love their team-up and their chemistry.  They really complement each other.  I'm so happy Jeon Yeo Been finally had some serious and emotional scenes and we really had a chance to see her act this week.  Wasn't expecting Mr Nam (and his skills:P) to be part of the Jipuragi revenge team but I'm glad he is!

22 hours ago, rita96 said:

@raziela I know right Taecyeon's character at this stage is really adorable and it's a shame that his role as an antagonist was revealed. I really like his cute and not-so-subtle ways of expressing that he likes HCY. However if he really is the evil guy then given what he did to all those researchers at his villa it's also a little creepy to have him flirt with her. Would have been even creepier if he was the one who ordered her father's death. I would honestly like to see more of both Kwak Dong-yeon and TC over say the other tenants honestly.

Well, the reveal came at the end of episode 4 so now everyone in the audience can side-eye cutie JJW<_<  I wonder if the reveal was always supposed to be this early or if they moved it up because of the casting leak?  It was a very thrilling reveal though.  I agree with @shinystar1985 it would be nice if "evil" JJW wore his hair pushed back:lol:  I want to see more scenes of the brothers rather than those ungrateful tenants too.

16 hours ago, shinkeru said:

You know a show is good when the scene you’re expecting to happen still hits you in the gut when it does happen onscreen. Despite bracing myself for impact when the next scene showed them sitting down for drinks at a shop with glass windows, that scene still made me jump. 

The show did really well in laying down the characters and their motives. They make you want to cheer for the underdog and the good side. Mr Hong is such an all too-good character whose philosophical viewpoints tugs at the heartstrings. In such a short time, he has managed to make an impact on Vincenzo whose views and Italian upbringing are presumably less principled and ethical. The bad guys maneuvering behind Babel Pharma and Geumga Plaza are obviously ruthless. And I’d love to see Vincenzo outmaneuver them all. If there’s anyone who would know how to fight against these “monsters”, it would be him. Because really, his upbringing coming from a Mafia family dealing with the Italian cartel, dealing with this Babel Pharma Group should be like a walk in the park for Signore Cassano.

This is so true!  I was expecting Mr Hong's death before the drama started but it says a lot for the drama and the actor that the character made such an impact in just 3 episodes and his death and the aftermath were so genuinely moving.

16 hours ago, rocher22 said:

That whispering scene at the party made me laugh.

This time Cha Young was like ''what was that''.  :D

I love the umbrella scene.

That was a beautiful shot with  the umbrella turning from above.

It reminded me of the cult scene from the movie ''Singin' in the Rain''.

Vincenzo is so sexy and such a gentleman:wub:  That shot with the umbrella and HCY was so pretty.

9 hours ago, agenth said:

I still don't like the building tenants, except the newbie, the NIS guy. But everyone else is annoying. Vincenzo just came out of the hospital and wants to recuperate, yet they annoy him. Besides, he wasn't that exhausted, just sprang out of bed. Let me tell you as someone who was 1 day in surgery and pumped up with pain meds: that's not possible. After 3 days of not eating much, every muscle hurt and it was very hard to move. But Vincenzo just looked fine. Lol. 

The building tenants were so rude and demanding especially considering Vincenzo had just come back from hospital.  Good he lost his patience and told them off.  The NIS guy is so cute.  He went from suspicious of Vincenzo to being his biggest fan:lol:

I wonder who the Myung Hee's Crystal Ball is? Jang Joon Woo or someone else?  Also I think the other senior Wusang lawyer will try to backstab her some point.  He is slimy and definitely noticed how the Chairman shook her hand but ignored his.  He won't like losing ground to the newbie he brought in.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel SJK  is giving a masterful performance and look forward to the next twelve episodes.  So sad to see the loveable JYM die in this episode as I enjoyed the bromance he had with Vincenzo.  Taecyeon as a baddy, well let's see how he erases his cute puppy image from eps. 1-4.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Maracarrero said:

I feel SJK  is giving a masterful performance and look forward to the next twelve episodes.  So sad to see the loveable JYM die in this episode as I enjoyed the bromance he had with Vincenzo.  Taecyeon as a baddy, well let's see how he erases his cute puppy image from eps. 1-4.

It’s actually 16 more episodes and I’m so glad! Honestly can’t get enough of the bad RickRoll'D duo! Going to miss HYC but can’t deny I’m excited for the SJK+JYB scenes. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Ah! so episode 4 revealed that Mr. Jang joon-Woo(Wusang law firm assistant) is the mystery person controlling
Babel corp in the shadow?.
Now this just open up for a boat load of new questions.
If Mr. Jang's this powerful character as the show suggested, why is he working for Wusang law firm?.
Why is he obsess in buying Geumga Plaza to destroy it?.
Does he know that there's a treasure hidden underneath Geumga Plaza?.
Who really is Mr. Jang?. Is he one of the treasure burial crews that somehow survived the slaughter
after they had buried it?
Hopefully, the show will reveal more of Mr. Jang character in the next up coming episodes.
I'm looking forward to next week episodes. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Okay. Okaaay. 

Episode four was awesome. It takes you from deep despair over the loss of a loved one to the thrill of revenge to the well executed reveal of the big bad (I suspected him mainly because he was just too darn goofy). 

As someone mentioned, the burning building juxtaposed with our lead repeating "I will win" with the opera as our soundtrack - magnificent. 

Just 10/10 for me. I'll say it again - I love this show!

Edited by Marla B
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Yes!  It was an amazing episode.  I'm glad I had patience because Episode 4 gave us everything:D I was so saddened by Papa Hong's death:bawling:  The way the drama portrayed it was so heartbreaking with the music in the background, HCY's grief (NGL I might have shed a few tears when she was looking at the old pictures with her father :tears:), the news reports, time passing, Vincenzo in hospital and the post-its and flowers from all the many, many people he helped over the years.  He was truly a good person who made a difference to so many lives.

As I said before the first few episodes were a prelude and Mr Hong's death was the catalyst needed to motivate both Vincenzo and Che Young and bring them together for a common cause of revenge and justice on their own terms. I love their team-up and their chemistry.  They really complement each other.  I'm so happy Jeon Yeo Been finally had some serious and emotional scenes and we really had a chance to see her act this week.  Wasn't expecting Mr Nam (and his skills:P) to be part of the Jipuragi revenge team but I'm glad he is!

Just wanted to highlight this!! I am so glad too that JYB finally had some scenes to show her acting chops. She is a complete scene stealer when it comes to potraying grief. So so good. This episode also had just the right amount of humour you know- something we found a bit overdone in the first 2 episodes. I hope this is the tone the drama maintains making just enough space for romanceeeee.

Speaking of romance, gosh it hasn't even started but SJK-JYB scenes are already overflowing with chemistryyyy. I want to scream when they are on screen together seriously, even the comedic scenes with SJK smiling to JYB's antics are heart fluttering. The scene where he was forcing himself to not think of her upon hearing of her arrest was so well done. We can already see how are leads have started caring for each other and it's adorable!--- and wait we are going to get a hand holding scene next week!!! How is this week going to passs????

This show was like a sleeping giant that has finally woken up and I am so happy that it has. Episode 4 has given us many things to look forward to: fighting evil with evil with our Jipuragi trio, SJK-JYB chemistry, Babel's and Wusang's unravelling, the dynamic between Myung-hee and the boss of Wusang, TC's play, the fate of the tenants, Geumga plaza gold recovery, Vincenzo's mother, etc. Hope the show does well to handle these developments.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Maliah said:

My stupid self just now realized that the fake Babel CEO is the guard from Love in the Moonlight. He’s still doing supporting roles? Someone give the man a lead role already. 

he already got one in MBC mid lenght drama with park se wan called never twice. good drama too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Ah! so episode 4 revealed that Mr. Jang joon-Woo(Wusang law firm assistant) is the mystery person controlling
Babel corp in the shadow?.
Why is he obsess in buying Geumga Plaza to destroy it?.
Hopefully, the show will reveal more of Mr. Jang character in the next up coming episodes.
I'm looking forward to next week episodes. 

Sorry to delete almost all your questions I left only one bcs I know the answer. In first 2 ep. it was stating that Babel bought all buildings around Geumga plaza so they need it to simply destroyed it and build something very profitable on this piece of land (mb for other proposes and I missed it). In last 4 years prices for apartments in Seoul hit the mountain high... Decent new apartment price begin from 1.5 mln dol (no I didn't exaggerate).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Spoiler

Taec's nerdy newbie character was off and doesn't suit Taec at all. BUT holy crap, I did not expect him to be the real boss of BABEL. 

idgi Choi Myunghee felt injustice when her senior/superior asked her to clean their mess but she helps BABEL, orders people to kill someone then she got scared by bloody clothes? She act all tough and scary yet get scared easily. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

Ending ep3 soon.. 

The tenants of the building seemed annoying... sorry..

Lawyer Hong seemed unreasonable because of his wish to win against Babel.. if it is a big and ruthless company, he should know he wouldnt last long... 

And damn it.. i was just shocked by the truck of doom!...

is it really done by that ex senior prosector! I have a feeling she is one of the good guys despite what she said on the phone!... 

I can see why ep4 has an incrase ratings.. 

Gonna watch it next!

• Like 5

Hi  everyone  finally I catch all the 4 episodes  of vincenzo . oh this month dramas  really kill me I cant even catch everything  or write  about all of them and I am so enjoying   all of them to let some side to watch later ( I was catch in storm  of dramas) 

I have to write  it start a little  funny  and not my tybe of the Korean dark humor  but it did a good balance of everything  to keep me around and it was more great then I thought  

In ep 4 it was the show of the good acting  from everyone  , like everyone  show their ability  to show different  sides and emotions and it was great 

Making the father  death break my heart but treating  him with respect  showing how many people  respect and trust him was so emotional  that made me cry more then his death( that the meaning  of  real living when the world  can say whatever  they want but you still in people heart untouchable and living)   

HCY and vincenzo  joins  hand was brilliant  and super crazy but right, this what happen  when two wild , crazy and brazen  people  join hand so fun to watch and so great to see their payback 

What  I like the most making HCY this kind of crazy between  good and evil  and not making her so rightfully or innocent  , the world need someone  like her she can play in both side comfortable,  it her play zoon  and they made mistakes  losing her  

I like how she officially  ask for the driver  death, but wasn't  happy  about it and  wasn't  regret  it in the same time , she simply  know it right he deserve it but it dont help her and didn't  make her feel right  so let not do it again 

Vincenzo sure   did cross more then her into  the dark parts of life but still has yearning  to the good things  that why  HCY father touch him, and that why HCY so fitting  him  

Watching  HCY making me impressed how it make vincenzo  feel, she so unexpected

And finally  the fact that vincenzo  can't  resist bricking  with HCY even when act as unconscious :joy: and the fact  that he burn  everything just cause HCY  father said that once , and the fact that his name meaning  itself is a red warning  to anyone  who dare to make him enemy 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Ah... i was wrong... Ms Choi was evil..  

While Teac is the owner of Babel.... oh can he just put his hair up, it would look better on him, being the evil and handsome villian that he should be :D

Lets hope Vincenzo will live at the end of the drama... we cant really predict with this type of drama, we want it to be happy of course...:lol:

And yeah, the tenants of the building are still annoying... im sure they will help Vincenzo later on, if they are not killed one by one, but we should expect that right... 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

is it really done by that ex senior prosector! I have a feeling she is one of the good guys despite what she said on the phone!... 

I also have a tiny piece of me thinking the same thing.  Is she undercover?  Is she trying to get to the real power behind Babel?  Did she stage the deaths of Hong and the researcher to protect them?  Same with Cha-Young, replacing her as the lawyer for Babel.  After the big reveal, I think anything is possible.

While we're at it, let's talk about that psychopathic villain.  Unfortunately, I don't think his feelings for Cha-Young are true.  He's just using her, first to get to Hong, now to get to Vincenzo.  If he can treat his brother so cruelly, he is capable of much worse.

BTW kudos to Taecyeon.  I got chills up my spine watching him channel being bad.  Hope he harnesses that energy and delivers for the next 16 episodes.  This director seems to understand how to do both slapstick and subtle delivery.  

• Like 7

I forgot to mention that he just deliberately threw his lighter away when lighting up the place. That lighter had a carving, family crest, on it. It is a good lead to find him and his people, especially when HCY also discarded her mask as soon as she was in the car, and such places usually have CCTV.

In any case, he keeps abandoning his lighter. Like when he blew up that vineyard, too. 

How many lighters of the same calibre does he own?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1