Winter Garden Detective Agency 2.0

kokodus

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

YYS is the biggest wintergarden shipper out there.... he really goes out of his way to promote his ship. he is sooo cute and clever. hehehehe

True ... that is why i hate those fg i mean not as a person but the way they write its like they make the general public dumb as in!!! Grrr...huhu but I will make a rant about it tonight or tomorrow 

17 hours ago, Jan Dee said:

True ... that is why i hate those fg i mean not as a person but the way they write its like they make the general public dumb as in!!! Grrr...huhu but I will make a rant about it tonight or tomorrow 

Don't take them seriously. They are also doing it for fun. Lets just avoid them and stay in our turf. Our ship is already sailed and its been confirmed by the scriptwriter, director and the actors involved, there is no need for us to defend it now. To expect the FG ers to acknowledge that our ship is sailed will not happen in a million years. Even after WG gets married and the show ends, they will still say that they changed the script midway. So for your own peace of mind I'm requesting you guys to not go to their thread and read their theories which might trigger you. Let them say whatever they want in their space. Why to disturb them when they are not disturbing us? Let's just talk about and enjoy the precious wintergarden moments here. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFRfuP_P8aPFpKW4Ajdha

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

So here's my rant! and, I'm sorry if it's going to be a long post :crybaby:

But, to clarify I am not hating them as a person, because who am I to judge or who are we to judge? Right? and, also, I've read some of BOD's write -ups on other dramas, and, it's fine. I just don't know what happened to Hospital Playlist. I just felt uncomfortable reading it and, I just don't like how they are pushing Flower Garden --- BIG TIME 

I know ... I know they will say it's not yet ending and, as Chilbong once said 

Yes CHILBONG, it's not over yet 8 episods more to go Fighting :) | Korean  drama, Yoo yeon seok, Kim sang

But I would like to make this post by points

POINT no.1.: The Below The Belt Insult 

Attacking the artist because you don't like the ending is really below the belt and, that's where I don't like the FG - Shippers. I am not a fangirl of a certain artist it's just that they are plainly rude on saying this 

here's a post from [note: I won't be saying who posted that in the comment box, for privacy purposes]  (June 20, 2020)  I was thinking exactly the same thing! Her acting skill is quite good tbh but after reading a few of her interview, I've concluded that it's the brain that she's missing leading to her not as bright career as others from her batch 

Yes that was last year, but then the point is , it is okay to be "b$%^" on your theories but, leave the artist alone, unless otherwise , that artist had a scandal and, proven true then, bash her all day or night, no one will disagree. 

Just don't bash or have a personal attack on the artist!  

POINT n.2.: On Reply Optics 

I admit, I was shocked on how they find parallelism on reply and hospital playlist. 

On there recent post 4 years were taken to write hospital playlist... There have to be a reason, for such effort made. Troll could not be it, don't you think? 

But sorry to burst your bubble, by asking this question... If it's the same as reply then how come, it took them 4 years to write and why didn't they make it as Reply 1999 instead of Hospital Playlist? 

Pin by Percie p.c on Random | Animated emoticons, Animated smiley faces,  Cool gifs

Because the two are different entities... THEY ARE SEPARATE SERIES, IT IS NOT REPLY INSTALLMENT!!! Even Song-Hwa said that 

4edb992d37f1b16a6556d6a25d777366.jpg

d56277361bcb29ebb102f0fd35cd3bff.jpg

Yes, it may feel Reply and Prison Playbook [ note: I won't deep dive with Prison Playbook because I haven't watched it] because it's a SLICE OF LIFE SERIES. The duo wanted to make the viewers feel feel that the characters are like normal person   

But, I know you will ask, what's with reply optics? Well, it's just like a signature but, it doesn't represent the whole story. It's like a document, you affixed your signature to know that it's you created it but it doesn't mean that the document 1 has same content with document 2.. It's like reply and hospital playlist, it has parallelism with reply but, it doesn't mean that it is same with reply, 'cause if it's reply, then they should've said Reply 1999 not Hospital Playlist. 

Also, Hospital Playlist is not a show about Jeong Won!!!! and Shin Lee doesn't feel bad about Chilbong! that's why they created Hospital Playlist. 

Shin Won Ho shared the message he wanted to convey through “Hospital Playlist.” He commented, “I have never once thought about that while working on a project. I’ve tried to let go of any ambition about preparing and conveying a certain message.”

He continued, “Rather than sharing a message, I worked hard to create a relatable story. Overall, I think comfort is knowing ‘You feel the way I feel.’ We prepared a story that will make many viewers cry, applaud, and feel touched.” (source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

They created Hospital Playlist, so that they could have a relatable series for people! and not a redemption arc for Chilbong! 

And speaking or relatable-ness... if they will make it Jeong Won x Song Hwa do you think it's relatable? NO!!!! NO!!! For pete's sake! Jeongwon and Songhwa had been friends for 20+ years and damn it! he didn't made any move. Don't tell me it's because of Seokhyeong or Ikjun ... they got married for sometime, so why didn't he made a move and if it is really him for Song Hwa then, he knew Songhwa got sick but he didn't went there.

Who did we saw? ... IK-JUN 

ae1a95deb9c96b5c5c89dd839461d8bf.jpg 

Who cares about that Pink Run if in actuality he didn't made an effort like Ik-Jun. 

Also, whom did he kissed in the end? 

Screenshotter--Netflix-HospitalPlaylistS1E12Episode12-108%25E2%2580%259959%25E2%2580%259D.jpg

Yeah! they are claiming it's a dream but let me ask you? why would song-hwa be included on that dream? as in seriously why would Gyeo-Ul care about Song Hwa and Jeong Won talking? If that's the dream! then song hwa should be excluded, cause she doesn't have any relationship with Jang 

Now with the MV of Sechkies, it's just a project! and, it's not an easter egg! and if it was!  the ending will be death! so yah! it only signfies that Romantic Winter will die!! and death means non-existent so yeah! 

Last and Most Important Point: STOP MAKING THE MAJORITY FEEL LIKE THEY ARE FOOLS 

On one of the post they said If they took all that time to build in all these clues. It's highly unlikely that they will toss all that aside to please the general masses. 

Also they always make the crowd feel that SHINLEE are trolls! 

Which is kind of annoying! you know why? If you are going to take in consideration what PD Shin said on one of his interview he wants HP to be relatable but how can you make it relatable if only few could appreciate. 

Look they don't say directly that we are fools  but, then the tone of their writing feels superior!!! It's as if they are the MOST SUPERIOR PERSON IN TERMS OF GIVING DRAMA REVIEW THAT WHATEVER THEY SAY IS RIGHT. 

I've been on HP since day 1 and I've been on twitter for (HP) for more than a year! and, WG's don't feel superior, we accepted being clowned! and, we accepted the possibility that Jeong Won is not interested to her and, TBH, personally (IDK if you will agree) but then, I still have a feeling that WG will not be the end, but it's not because Jeong Won suddenly wants Song-Hwa but it is because he is still called to become a priest and, there is nothing we could do about it! and, that's the most logical reason why they won't end up. Not because of Song-Hwa 

We are living now in the world where if you are in minority;  people think you are being intellectual or critical thinker and that, because you are supporting the majority means you don't think and, you just follow the crowd . But, I don't think that's the case. I am a WG and Iksong because, that's the flow of the story!! and If ever I am wrong, then, I would comment why I think it's not a good drama and, why the clues and the story line doesn't match 

So yeah! That's it 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Don't take them seriously. They are also doing it for fun. Lets just avoid them and stay in our turf. Our ship is already sailed and its been confirmed by the scriptwriter, director and the actors involved, there is no need for us to defend it now. To expect the FG ers to acknowledge that our ship is sailed will not happen in a million years. Even after WG gets married and the show ends, they will still say that they changed the script midway. So for your own peace of mind I'm requesting you guys to not go to their thread and read their theories which might trigger you. Let them say whatever they want in their space. Why to disturb them when they are not disturbing us? Let's just talk about and enjoy the precious wintergarden moments here. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFRfuP_P8aPFpKW4Ajdha

yah! that's true, that's why I don't evade there space, I mean ... I don't post or react on there lane. 

:omg: Thanks for the comfort 

2 minutes ago, Jan Dee said:

So here's my rant! and, I'm sorry if it's going to be a long post :crybaby:

But, to clarify I am not hating them as a person, because who am I to judge or who are we to judge? Right? and, also, I've read some of BOD's write -ups on other dramas, and, it's fine. I just don't know what happened to Hospital Playlist. I just felt uncomfortable reading it and, I just don't like how they are pushing Flower Garden --- BIG TIME 

I know ... I know they will say it's not yet ending and, as Chilbong once said 

Yes CHILBONG, it's not over yet 8 episods more to go Fighting :) | Korean  drama, Yoo yeon seok, Kim sang

But I would like to make this post by points

POINT no.1.: The Below The Belt Insult 

Attacking the artist because you don't like the ending is really below the belt and, that's where I don't like the FG - Shippers. I am not a fangirl of a certain artist it's just that they are plainly rude on saying this 

here's a post from [note: I won't be saying who posted that in the comment box, for privacy purposes]  (June 20, 2020)  I was thinking exactly the same thing! Her acting skill is quite good tbh but after reading a few of her interview, I've concluded that it's the brain that she's missing leading to her not as bright career as others from her batch 

Yes that was last year, but then the point is , it is okay to be "b$%^" on your theories but, leave the artist alone, unless otherwise , that artist had a scandal and, proven true then, bash her all day or night, no one will disagree. 

Just don't bash or have a personal attack on the artist!  

POINT n.2.: On Reply Optics 

I admit, I was shocked on how they find parallelism on reply and hospital playlist. 

On there recent post 4 years were taken to write hospital playlist... There have to be a reason, for such effort made. Troll could not be it, don't you think? 

But sorry to burst your bubble, by asking this question... If it's the same as reply then how come, it took them 4 years to write and why didn't they make it as Reply 1999 instead of Hospital Playlist? 

Pin by Percie p.c on Random | Animated emoticons, Animated smiley faces,  Cool gifs

Because the two are different entities... THEY ARE SEPARATE SERIES, IT IS NOT REPLY INSTALLMENT!!! Even Song-Hwa said that 

4edb992d37f1b16a6556d6a25d777366.jpg

d56277361bcb29ebb102f0fd35cd3bff.jpg

Yes, it may feel Reply and Prison Playbook [ note: I won't deep dive with Prison Playbook because I haven't watched it] because it's a SLICE OF LIFE SERIES. The duo wanted to make the viewers feel feel that the characters are like normal person   

But, I know you will ask, what's with reply optics? Well, it's just like a signature but, it doesn't represent the whole story. It's like a document, you affixed your signature to know that it's you created it but it doesn't mean that the document 1 has same content with document 2.. It's like reply and hospital playlist, it has parallelism with reply but, it doesn't mean that it is same with reply, 'cause if it's reply, then they should've said Reply 1999 not Hospital Playlist. 

Also, Hospital Playlist is not a show about Jeong Won!!!! and Shin Lee doesn't feel bad about Chilbong! that's why they created Hospital Playlist. 

Shin Won Ho shared the message he wanted to convey through “Hospital Playlist.” He commented, “I have never once thought about that while working on a project. I’ve tried to let go of any ambition about preparing and conveying a certain message.”

He continued, “Rather than sharing a message, I worked hard to create a relatable story. Overall, I think comfort is knowing ‘You feel the way I feel.’ We prepared a story that will make many viewers cry, applaud, and feel touched.” (source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

They created Hospital Playlist, so that they could have a relatable series for people! and not a redemption arc for Chilbong! 

And speaking or relatable-ness... if they will make it Jeong Won x Song Hwa do you think it's relatable? NO!!!! NO!!! For pete's sake! Jeongwon and Songhwa had been friends for 20+ years and damn it! he didn't made any move. Don't tell me it's because of Seokhyeong or Ikjun ... they got married for sometime, so why didn't he made a move and if it is really him for Song Hwa then, he knew Songhwa got sick but he didn't went there.

Who did we saw? ... IK-JUN 

ae1a95deb9c96b5c5c89dd839461d8bf.jpg 

Who cares about that Pink Run if in actuality he didn't made an effort like Ik-Jun. 

Also, whom did he kissed in the end? 

Screenshotter--Netflix-HospitalPlaylistS1E12Episode12-108%25E2%2580%259959%25E2%2580%259D.jpg

Yeah! they are claiming it's a dream but let me ask you? why would song-hwa be included on that dream? as in seriously why would Gyeo-Ul care about Song Hwa and Jeong Won talking? If that's the dream! then song hwa should be excluded, cause she doesn't have any relationship with Jang 

Now with the MV of Sechkies, it's just a project! and, it's not an easter egg! and if it was!  the ending will be death! so yah! it only signfies that Romantic Winter will die!! and death means non-existent so yeah! 

Last and Most Important Point: STOP MAKING THE MAJORITY FEEL LIKE THEY ARE FOOLS 

On one of the post they said If they took all that time to build in all these clues. It's highly unlikely that they will toss all that aside to please the general masses. 

Which is kind of annoying! you know why? If you are going to take in consideration what PD Shin said on one of his interview he wants HP to be relatable but how can you make it relatable if only few could appreciate. 

Look they don't say directly that we are fools  but, then the tone of their writing feels superior!!! It's as if they are the MOST SUPERIOR PERSON IN TERMS OF GIVING DRAMA REVIEW THAT WHATEVER THEY SAY IS RIGHT. 

I've been on HP since day 1 and I've been on twitter for (HP) for more than a year! and, WG's don't feel superior, we accepted being clowned! and, we accepted the possibility that Jeong Won is not interested to her and, TBH, personally (IDK if you will agree) but then, I still have a feeling that WG will not be the end, but it's not because Jeong Won suddenly wants Song-Hwa but it is because he is still called to become a priest and, there is nothing we could do about it! and, that's the most logical reason why they won't end up. Not because of Song-Hwa 

We are living now in the world where if you are in minority;  people think you are being intellectual or critical thinker and that, because you are supporting the majority means you don't think and, you just follow the crowd . But, I don't think that's the case. I am a WG and Iksong because, that's the flow of the story!! and If ever I am wrong, then, I would comment why I think it's not a good drama and, why the clues and the story line doesn't match 

So yeah! That's it 

yah! that's true, that's why I don't evade there space, I mean ... I don't post or react on there lane. 

:omg: Thanks for the comfort 

Yah! that's true, they will say that it had been changed :) huhuhu thank you for the comfort ... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Woahhh Yeon seok seems like he can't stop himself from mentioning gyeoul's name. Rest of Lacking five, especially JJS should learn from YYS on how to promote their ship. Tbh I wanted to keep my expectations lower for S2 in regards to wintergarden, as the ship is already sailed, I don't expect them to have much screen time(In S1 also they didn't have many) and there are lots of other ships to concentrate on.......but the way YYS keep dropping Gyeo ul's name everywhere he goes, I'm starting to think that wintergarden will still have more focus and importance as in S1. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

but the way YYS keep dropping Gyeo ul's name everywhere he goes, I'm starting to think that wintergarden will still have more focus and importance as in S1. 

From the script reading seating arrangement, the way Hyunbeen sat next to Daemyung (main lead) I think she still takes a significant part just like in season 1. They could make Eunjin sat next to him just like Sunyong was not being hidden anymore and sat with Kyungho but they did not.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Woahhh Yeon seok seems like he can't stop himself from mentioning gyeoul's name. Rest of Lacking five, especially JJS should learn from YYS on how to promote their ship. Tbh I wanted to keep my expectations lower for S2 in regards to wintergarden, as the ship is already sailed, I don't expect them to have much screen time(In S1 also they didn't have many) and there are lots of other ships to concentrate on.......but the way YYS keep dropping Gyeo ul's name everywhere he goes, I'm starting to think that wintergarden will still have more focus and importance as in S1. 

True, I really wish that IKSONG would have more screen time huhuhu 

:selfie2:but, YYS is really promoting WG biiiggg time and loving it !!!

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

But, are you going to have a re-watch on May? hopefully we have a re-watch to refresh us! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Jan Dee said:

But, are you going to have a re-watch on May? hopefully we have a re-watch to refresh us! 

Yes dear!!! The event organizers are planning for a HP rewatch in early May. I definitely need to refresh my memory before starting on S2

• Love 1

On 4/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, Jan Dee said:

Hi~ I really understand your frustration as I do feel the same when I found the thread and even when Ep. 12, interviews, YYS feeding the shippers and special videos on Channel 15ya, they still believe JW will suddenly end up with SH.

It is true that we see parallelism in HosPlay with Reply series, but I think it is because Lee Woojung has a thing with nostalgia, classic old songs and countryside characters. All the characters in Reply series has those elements. But at the same time, the reason why it is called Reply series is because the main trigger of the plot is to guess who is the husband, although for Reply 1994 it is alrd obvious. I think some people has pointed this out, it is called Wise Doctor Life in literal translation, saying ShinLee are trolls for this is quite impolite, when as we all know they write this to make relatable story which revolves more how doctors in their 40s live their life and the surrounding around them with relatable stories everyone can sympathize or even emphatize with; not to troll people. Hospital Playlist is already many people favourite drama and perhaps their comfort drama, to think they are trolling is underestimating their 4-years of effort making this excellence drama.

Now, I also want to give my rant here.

As we all know, Jeongwon was introduced as a chaebol who doesn't have worldly desire and he dreams to be a priest. He is kind to EVERYONE, he can even go watching film with a nurse outside the duty because he believes he is immune to see them as 'woman'. Therefore, his attitude towards Songhwa is just naturally sweet because different with other women around him, Songhwa IS his best friend for almost 20 years. Throughout the S1, we were introduced to Jang Gyeoul who likes JW and as someone who slowly enters his life. Even in SHB interview, it's already crystal clear the relationship that ShinLee wanted to establish.

Then, there's theory at the first script reading of 99z for S1, Shin PD had a separate meeting with YYS and it could be about the possibility of unexpected turning event of the plot in this case the relationship between Jeongwon and Songhwa. Well, if you watched the special BTS of Hospital Playlist S2 you might notice YYS and Shin PD appeared together to the script reading room like they had a talk....

However, my question in this kind of theory is if Winter Garden will sink on later episode, why does YYS love to feed the ship? In the new interview video for S2, YYS said he anticipates his chemistry with GU. Jeon Mido answered she anticipates her chemistry with Ikjun in S2, although as always JJS plays his fool character in the interview :lol:

So you know, if I were ShinLee and Winter Garden was not the end game, I would scold YYS and ask him to never feed the ship. If I were the writer, and I am gonna make the ship that is introduced first sinking, at least I need to give a solid background story to lead on the possibility of changing love line. But here, in S1 Ikjun and Seokhyeong were introduced as those who liked Songhwa back in uni days. We know Seokhyung moved on already and Ikjun is the one who regains the feeling towards her, although we have no idea yet Songhwa's true feeling. As we were introduced this background story in S1 already, so if it it suddenly changes drastically in S2, can people see this story as a relatable and touching story? :pensive:

Let's stick to our beliefs and stay to the facts we discover from the interviews and the special behind the scene episodes. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, Ima Imo said:

Hi~ I really understand your frustration as I do feel the same when I found the thread and even when Ep. 12, interviews, YYS feeding the shippers and special videos on Channel 15ya, they still believe JW will suddenly end up with SH.

It is true that we see parallelism in HosPlay with Reply series, but I think it is because Lee Woojung has a thing with nostalgia, classic old songs and countryside characters. All the characters in Reply series has those elements. But at the same time, the reason why it is called Reply series is because the main trigger of the plot is to guess who is the husband, although for Reply 1994 it is alrd obvious. I think some people has pointed this out, it is called Wise Doctor Life in literal translation, saying ShinLee are trolls for this is quite impolite, when as we all know they write this to make relatable story which revolves more how doctors in their 40s live their life and the surrounding around them with relatable stories everyone can sympathize or even emphatize with; not to troll people. Hospital Playlist is already many people favourite drama and perhaps their comfort drama, to think they are trolling is underestimating their 4-years of effort making this excellence drama.

Now, I also want to give my rant here.

As we all know, Jeongwon was introduced as a chaebol who doesn't have worldly desire and he dreams to be a priest. He is kind to EVERYONE, he can even go watching film with a nurse outside the duty because he believes he is immune to see them as 'woman'. Therefore, his attitude towards Songhwa is just naturally sweet because different with other women around him, Songhwa IS his best friend for almost 20 years. Throughout the S1, we were introduced to Jang Gyeoul who likes JW and as someone who slowly enters his life. Even in SHB interview, it's already crystal clear the relationship that ShinLee wanted to establish.

Then, there's theory at the first script reading of 99z for S1, Shin PD had a separate meeting with YYS and it could be about the possibility of unexpected turning event of the plot in this case the relationship between Jeongwon and Songhwa. Well, if you watched the special BTS of Hospital Playlist S2 you might notice YYS and Shin PD appeared together to the script reading room like they had a talk....

However, my question in this kind of theory is if Winter Garden will sink on later episode, why does YYS love to feed the ship? In the new interview video for S2, YYS said he anticipates his chemistry with GU. Jeon Mido answered she anticipates her chemistry with Ikjun in S2, although as always JJS plays his fool character in the interview :lol:

So you know, if I were ShinLee and Winter Garden was not the end game, I would scold YYS and ask him to never feed the ship. If I were the writer, and I am gonna make the ship that is introduced first sinking, at least I need to give a solid background story to lead on the possibility of changing love line. But here, in S1 Ikjun and Seokhyeong were introduced as those who liked Songhwa back in uni days. We know Seokhyung moved on already and Ikjun is the one who regains the feeling towards her, although we have no idea yet Songhwa's true feeling. As we were introduced this background story in S1 already, so if it it suddenly changes drastically in S2, can people see this story as a relatable and touching story? :pensive:

Let's stick to our beliefs and stay to the facts we discover from the interviews and the special behind the scene episodes. :thumbsup:

Yeah right! Stay true to the facts!! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ima Imo said:

I think some people has pointed this out, it is called Wise Doctor Life in literal translation, saying ShinLee are trolls for this is quite impolite, when as we all know they write this to make relatable story which revolves more how doctors in their 40s live their life and the surrounding around them with relatable stories everyone can sympathize or even emphatize with; not to troll people.

Some people indeed make ShinLee looks like as a bunch of trolls. Same thing with YYS, they make him as if he's deceiver. Such an effort to organize all the teams to participate, including netflix, tvn, even the agencies. Or ShinLee are trolling them as well? Lmao I won't be surprised then if the duo get dragged into the blue house later. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a couple of months, but finally decided to join this thread as I am overflowing with my love for WG.

Few things I wanted to add is that people can read JW because he can be so obvious, but for some reason people do not want to spoonfeed it to him (e.g. SHwa figured out JW's decision to stay since he unconsciously left clues: saying he is relieving her of managing the DLL given her herniated disc issue, and saying that he will visit her in Sokcho [how can he visit her if he will stay in Italy?]). It's somewhat entertaining, but I hope GW's bluntness will give him that kind of spoonfeeding, which I believe he sometimes needs.

I am looking forward for lovey-dovey scenes in S2 (i.e. JW can't get enough of GW, and it's making his soulmate JWan jealous), and perhaps a Reply 1988 wedding-eque by the end of S2? I'm a clown for these 2. :grimace:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, leftphalange said:

Some people indeed make ShinLee looks like as a bunch of trolls. Same thing with YYS, they make him as if he's deceiver. Such an effort to organize all the teams to participate, including netflix, tvn, even the agencies. Or ShinLee are trolling them as well? Lmao I won't be surprised then if the duo get dragged into the blue house later. 

@Ima Imo @leftphalange Well, my sister just finished watching Hospital Playlist S1 and, her perspective allows me to be certain about the 4-ships, look, in s1, there are a lot of questions left unanswered and, even in the case of WG, we haven't seen how Jwon developed his feelings to Gyeo-ul, but, we knew that they'll be together and they are an item now, the thing is for WG I think S2 will focus, and, should focus on how JeongWon developed feelings for Gyeo-ul and, it the series will be such a trash if suddenly he will developed feelings to Shwa, for it will be like going back to square 1...

Right now, what we wanted to see are developments of the ships! not shuffling. 

Shuffling will only complicate things and, make the story messy. Also, to compare it in reply; 

REPLY has a visible love triangle unlike with this one, that the only visible love triangle here [for Shwa] are as follows 

past: SEOKHYEONG x Song Hwa x IKJUN 

present: CHIHONG x Song Hwa x IKJUN

for Junwan and Jeong won, the writer already gave them the love story and, it's actually a redemption arc for Jung-Pal and Chilbong 'cause this time they got the girls, they don't need to be in the love triangle just to get the girls. 

Let's start with Junwan, in R-88, Jung-Pal hesitated so the ending, he doesn't get Deoksun but, here Jun-wan was speed , no second thoughts, he just grabbed the opportunity and, tell his feelings to Iksun and yeah! she got the girl. 

For, Jeongwon, in R-94, Chilbong needs to please (beg) Na-Jung and be in "love triangle" with ssseurekki but this time, he was not in love triangle arc and the Gyeo-Ul was the one (begging / pleasing) for love so if you come to think of it, it's actually a refreshing sight to see and, actually a treat for chilbong fans. 

The point is, redemption arc doesn't have to be ending to Song- Hwa, it can be in another character.

Also,  it doesn't make him [Jeong Won or even Jun Wan] a lesser of a lead because they're not "romantically related" to Songhwa. 

All characters and, ships have story to tell, and, that what makes Hospital Playlist interesting. 

In reply, the focus is only on one couple but, for this, we have 4 couple to focus on and, protect on. 

Also, as PD SHIN said, 

“I also wonder whether love in your forties is like this. It’s been 20 years since they were in their twenties. During that time, they would have met many people and formed many relationships, and they’re at an age where old memories alone are not enough to live each day with passion. They’re no longer at the age to passionately fall in love at first sight or where emotions of love overtake your everyday life. I wonder whether the difference in writing from today’s typical romance or the speed of the relationship is the biggest reason.”   (soompi.com)

and my take about that statement.  we could say that 40s is more stable compared  to 40s unlike, your 20s, where all you could think about is love, here, there are a lot of factors that you need to consider which is why song-hwa doesn't answer Ikjun immediately, she is really thinking hard, another relationship may mean another heartbreak and, she's not getting any younger so, she really needs to think because being in a relationship now may mean being with him for a lifetime.

Jeong won, though it's his first, he really has a parallel dilemma to Song- Hwa, if he'll choose to fall in love and, be in a relationship, it may also mean permanency ('cause like song - hwa he's not getting any younger- and one of his dilemma in priesthood is age remember why he said that he will go to Italy) So that Kiss to Jang is not just a simple spur of the moment it was actually build - up, through moments of silent contemplations! and, that's what I really wanted to see in the next season, the build up of those moments. 

1 hour ago, doja said:

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a couple of months, but finally decided to join this thread as I am overflowing with my love for WG.

Few things I wanted to add is that people can read JW because he can be so obvious, but for some reason people do not want to spoonfeed it to him (e.g. SHwa figured out JW's decision to stay since he unconsciously left clues: saying he is relieving her of managing the DLL given her herniated disc issue, and saying that he will visit her in Sokcho [how can he visit her if he will stay in Italy?]). It's somewhat entertaining, but I hope GW's bluntness will give him that kind of spoonfeeding, which I believe he sometimes needs.

I am looking forward for lovey-dovey scenes in S2 (i.e. JW can't get enough of GW, and it's making his soulmate JWan jealous), and perhaps a Reply 1988 wedding-eque by the end of S2? I'm a clown for these 2. :grimace:

Nice catch! yes! he he's always obvious! and, that's the reason why, people could actually see it, and, if he has a thing with Shwa, it will TOO OBVIOUS FOR THE AUDIENCE, yes he has a gesture of affections (like my sis said) but almost all of them has / done that too Song-hwa at some point and, besides, he can't hide his feelings, if he has that, then it'll work out between them. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jan Dee said:

The point is, redemption arc doesn't have to be ending to Song- Hwa, it can be in another character.

Also,  it doesn't make him [Jeong Won or even Jun Wan] a lesser of a lead because they're not "romantically related" to Songhwa. 

This is their problem from Day 1. They want their oppa to get the girl, not just any girl, only the main lead.  How can their oppa be paired with a mere secondary character? They just can't stand that thought of their oppa not pairing up with song Hwa "the main lead". And they totally don't see everyone as equals even within the lacking five. In their mind Ikjun is not worthy of getting the main girl. It just has to be Jeong won and Song Hwa. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think they wanted to build up JW with SHwa in the first few episodes (Dr. Bong not answering if JW ever dated anyone in med school) similar to how the writer initially lured us in believing that it might be JWan who is the main interest of SHwa (with the Dr. Jang CS infidelity issue). But, alas, our soulmates found their respective partners.

It can't be Spring-Spring, it has to be Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall for the Lacking 5. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

This is their problem from Day 1. They want their oppa to get the girl, not just any girl, only the main lead.  How can their oppa be paired with a mere secondary character? They just can't stand that thought of their oppa not pairing up with song Hwa "the main lead". And they totally don't see everyone as equals even within the lacking five. In their mind Ikjun is not worthy of getting the main girl. It just has to be Jeong won and Song Hwa. 

I agree with that, DAY 1 they are thinking that their oppa is the lead and, if you analyze the theories they rejected everyone on day 1 expect of course for their oppa!  :bawling: that is why when that sudden twist happens they can't let it go! and still push it 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, doja said:

Same!! The wedding in Reply 1988 really makes me have a high hope of WG wedding. Actually all ShinLee works have weddings on it.

I read somewhere but I can't remember the source. ShinLee have certain pattern in their works. First that must happen is a wedding, either a wedding party, wedding planning, or already married like Shiwon and Yoonjae in Reply 1997. Then, those who are romantically connected somehow always end up together, even though they parted halfway in the end they must get back together. Even ShinLee did justice to Jungbong and Miok in Reply 1988. Another one is love triangle, in Hospital Playlist it's done; Ikjun - Songhwa - Seokhyung and Ikjun - Songhwa - Chihong. I think these are quite accurate rather than parallelism in a form of objects.

PS: if anyone here wrote this ShinLee's pattern please let me know so I can give a proper credit. I'm sorry I can't recall from where I got this.

7 hours ago, Jan Dee said:

Nice catch! yes! he he's always obvious! and, that's the reason why, people could actually see it, and, if he has a thing with Shwa, it will TOO OBVIOUS FOR THE AUDIENCE, yes he has a gesture of affections (like my sis said) but almost all of them has / done that too Song-hwa at some point and, besides, he can't hide his feelings, if he has that, then it'll work out between them. 

Not only all of them done that to Songhwa but Jeongwon himself done that to everyone in the group. He is an attentive person. Just like when he took care of Junwan's lunch and Seokhyung's personal needs. He entrusted his DLL to Songhwa because Songhwa is indeed a reliable person, like Seokhyung only listened to Songhwa's words. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, leftphalange said:
I read somewhere but I can't remember the source. ShinLee have certain pattern in their works. First that must happen is a wedding, either a wedding party, wedding planning, or already married like Shiwon and Yoonjae in Reply 1997. Then, those who are romantically connected somehow always end up together, even though they parted halfway in the end they must get back together. Even ShinLee did justice to Jungbong and Miok in Reply 1988. Another one is love triangle, in Hospital Playlist it's done; Ikjun - Songhwa - Seokhyung and Ikjun - Songhwa - Chihong. I think these are quite accurate rather than parallelism in a form of objects.

Agree. I think the parallelism in objects does not necessarily pertain to pairing endgame since (1) HP is pretty much straightfoward and consistent in its foreshadowing on how things will unfold/be resolved (not only to love lines, but also to other matters, e.g. Dr. Do Jae Hak's lease scam issue) and (2) I would like to believe that HP is not a husband hunt series and is a way for writer ShinLee to move on from that (SHwa said so herself that Reply 1988 is such an old trick lol). The object parallelisms stay not to establish love line but only because that's signature ShinLee fixation (similar to how you just know Christopher Nolan or Cary Joji Fukunaga made the film while watching).

I saw on twitter that KOFIC released 100 Korean actors/actresses who contributed to the Korean film industry, and the HP casts were released at the same time. :heart:

Edited by doja
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2