Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라

On 12/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, maribella said:

I wonder why CMJ is against HR to use her in his revenge. It must be her exposé that got his sister in public eye. 
We are going to see him regretting his actions now she is in coma- very sure.

The problem is that the flashbacks seem to be disjointed. I think he has a grudge against He Ra because of the expose but it seems to me that He Ra has her own grievance. For example, CMJ was told that his sister helped He Ra into her position as reporter. However, He Ra said nobody ever helped her and CMJ was mad when she said that. But, there was a flashback showing another staff at the news organization saying to a lady if she believed the sister really helped He Ra which suggested that there was more to the situation. Then there was a scene where it looks like He Ra’s future husband was sexually assaulting her in a private room where business people go for drinks. He was also affiliated with or worked for the news corporation. So, I’m wondering what exactly happened in He Ra’s past. She says nothing to anybody and keep all of it inside.

I actually think she knows how to endure and that’s why she can pass through so many bad things. Just like when she was taking care of her sick mom while attending school and got kicked out of their room. When I saw her as a young girl carrying her sick mom on her back through the streets, I wondered how she came this far. There was also that time that the owner of the restaurant wanted to sexually assault her and she got away and called the police. I don’t know why she put up with the scumbag husband but I would really like to know what she’s been through in a consecutive sequence. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clips for episode 1.       Preview for episode 2.  

It seems like Hae Ra has a connection with what happened to Min Joon's family in the past. Hae Ra was there staring at Mi Yeon, Min Joon's sister while the house is burning. I think Min Joon has lost

@larus, thank you for starting the thread. Waives also to @jongski  @Jillia,  @rocher22 I am here for the cast. I loved Kim Sa-Rang in "My Love Eun Dong." I liked Yoon Hyun-Min mostly in "Tunne

11 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

came this far. There was also that time that the owner of the restaurant wanted to sexually assault her and she got away and called the police. I don’t know why she put up with the scumbag husband but I would really like to know what she’s been through in a consecutive sequence. 

That may explain how she could put up with an abusive husband for 12 years, but she is also proactive in dealing with the announcer at her old station, the way she reacted to injustice. So it is bad story line for the writer to make her passive in the face of domestic violence. In real life, women who have been physically abused are also psychologically damaged. But of course, this is kdrama. It's difficult to guess what's in the writer's head. I hope it won't be too unbelievable in the coming episodes. We are already halfway.

• Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Get Revenge, 복수해라 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

“The Uncanny Counter” And Other Shows To Not Air This Weekend

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” will be taking a break this weekend.

OCN has announced that their popular drama will not be airing on December 26 and 27 because the channel is airing special broadcasts of movies for the holiday season. Instead, viewers will be able to rewatch episodes 1-8 on December 27 starting at 11 a.m. KST, while special videos for the drama will be uploaded on OCN’s official social media channels around the time of the drama’s usual broadcast.

Jo Byeong Gyu shared a photo of himself in character, holding up a sign that reads, “Let’s meet again on January 2, 2021. Please don’t forget So Moon!”

jo-byeong-gyu.jpg

Other shows will also not be airing this weekend due to the recent spread of COVID-19 in South Korea. The TV Chosun drama “The Goddess of Revenge” has changed its production schedule in order to ensure compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols, and therefore will not air on December 27.

MBC’s “The Manager” will not air on December 26, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on December 22. “Bae Chul Soo’s Music Camp 30th Anniversary” will air instead.

MBC’s “Where Is My Home” will also not be airing on December 27, and the Ha Jung Woo film “PMC: The Bunker” will air in its stead. Several MBC programs canceled broadcasts last week due to a number of positive cases at the broadcasting station.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445439wpp/the-uncanny-counter-and-other-shows-to-not-air-this-weekend

Can someone just explain to me what is happening and where is this story heading? I am slowly losing my ability to understand anything because some parts are moving soooooo slowly and some parts were just rushed out of nowhere.This included both EP 9 and 10 because I was a lost cause after watching last week's episode that I don't feel like posting anything.

First of all, how in the world that the package from 11 years ago that was supposed to be thrown away actually stowed away somewhere that it manages to resurface again NOW

Then, how Chairman Kim managed to find Gaon with ONLY the original birth certificate which I thought should be void by now because Gaon should have been registered with new identity under Hera and her ex-husband as their son. I doubt that he knows about Hera and Yi Hyeon's connection. Even Hera ex-husband couldn't find where Gaon is and he is supposedly his father. And now it seems like EVERYONE accepting everything so easily and it really made me feel sick watching. We are talking about a child right now but even Hera doesn't seem so desperate trying to keep Gaon especially after reading what Gaon wrote in his diary and fully knowing that the Chairman is keeping him captive rather than being really concern about Gaon's wellbeing. I can understand now why it was always Gaon is the one calling Hera asking about her and not the other way around and I am just feeling really sad for Gaon.

How is it possible for Cha Min Joon to cope so well when he just got bombed at? His identity as Yi Hyeon's brother just got exposed, learning that his sister gave birth to a child and the child biological father is Chairman Kim, and the child now is Hera's son? Get into a the earliest flight to Canada to bring back Gaon without mentioning anything to Hera. Not to mention that it took more than 12 hours flight but Hera got to the airport just in time of their arrival when the caretaker must called her right after Min Joon left. And now Min Joon tracing Yi Hyeon's movement after giving birth without taking any break. Is he that emotionally detached that he just moving along without any scene how emotionally affected he is with everything that happened to his sister that he spent YEARS trying to find/seek revenge for.

I have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

• LOL 1

“Mr. Queen” Soars To New All-Time Ratings High + “The Goddess Of Revenge” Sees Rise

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” shows no signs of slowing down!

On December 26, the hit historical fantasy-comedy drama starring Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun continued its streak of reaching new heights with every episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of “Mr. Queen” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.3 percent and a peak of 13.8 percent, marking its highest viewership ratings to date.

“Mr. Queen” also continued to take first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 6.3 percent and a peak of 7.8 percent nationwide.

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” enjoyed a modest rise in viewership, scoring an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent and a peak of 3.4 percent for its latest episode.

JTBC’s “Hush” saw a slight decline, scoring an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent for the night.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” successfully defended its position as the most-watched drama of Saturday evening, scoring average nationwide ratings of 25.4 percent and 30.8 percent for its two parts.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Mr. Queen”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445504wpp/mr-queen-soars-to-new-all-time-ratings-high-the-goddess-of-revenge-sees-rise

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

Can someone just explain to me what is happening and where is this story heading? I am slowly losing my ability to understand anything because some parts are moving soooooo slowly and some parts were just rushed out of nowhere.This included both EP 9 and 10 because I was a lost cause after watching last week's episode that I don't feel like posting anything.

First of all, how in the world that the package from 11 years ago that was supposed to be thrown away actually stowed away somewhere that it manages to resurface again NOW

Then, how Chairman Kim managed to find Gaon with ONLY the original birth certificate which I thought should be void by now because Gaon should have been registered with new identity under Hera and her ex-husband as their son. I doubt that he knows about Hera and Yi Hyeon's connection. Even Hera ex-husband couldn't find where Gaon is and he is supposedly his father. And now it seems like EVERYONE accepting everything so easily and it really made me feel sick watching. We are talking about a child right now but even Hera doesn't seem so desperate trying to keep Gaon especially after reading what Gaon wrote in his diary and fully knowing that the Chairman is keeping him captive rather than being really concern about Gaon's wellbeing. I can understand now why it was always Gaon is the one calling Hera asking about her and not the other way around and I am just feeling really sad for Gaon.

How is it possible for Cha Min Joon to cope so well when he just got bombed at? His identity as Yi Hyeon's brother just got exposed, learning that his sister gave birth to a child and the child biological father is Chairman Kim, and the child now is Hera's son? Get into a the earliest flight to Canada to bring back Gaon without mentioning anything to Hera. Not to mention that it took more than 12 hours flight but Hera got to the airport just in time of their arrival when the caretaker must called her right after Min Joon left. And now Min Joon tracing Yi Hyeon's movement after giving birth without taking any break. Is he that emotionally detached that he just moving along without any scene how emotionally affected he is with everything that happened to his sister that he spent YEARS trying to find/seek revenge for.

I have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

Agree... how does a 11 yo package remains when the chairman ask for it to be disposed? And how did a recent pic of GaOn get included?  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

I am quite enjoying this show because both FL and ML are likeable, smart and good looking, despite the inconsistencies in the storyline. The antagonist is also very well dressed and looks like she does not have an ounce of extra fat on her ... grrrr.

Of course, it helps that I am also following another show 'The man in veil', with idiots galore and an antagonist who is utterly hateful with a bad wardrobe.

• LOL 2

Ep 10 was badly edited and frankly made very little sense. And I didn’t see how one chairman could change the whole company structure without getting board approval and then regulatory approval first. RickRoll'D?

Kim Sa Rang And Yoon Hyun Min Face A Deadly Situation In “The Goddess Of Revenge”

d35582cc477d4bada4241566d80869f5.jpeg?s=

Jan 3, 2021
by S. P

TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a revenge drama about Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang), a woman who married into power and influence but whose reputation plummeted after an unfounded scandal, and Cha Min Joon (Yoon Hyun Min), a lawyer with a heart of ice who wants revenge on those who ruined his family.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Hae Ra found out that Goo Eun Hye’s (Yoon Soy‘s) family was ruined in an instant after her request to help find the missing Cha Yi Hyun (Park Eun Hye) 11 years prior. Furthermore, Goo Eun Hye’s father even signed a physical rights waiver in order to repay his debt as President Kang (Choi Young Woo) claimed his right to indemnity regarding the warehouse that had caught fire. After Kang Hae Ra confessed to Goo Eun Hye that she was the client who had made the request all those years ago, their once-unshakable “revenge alliance” began to waver.

New stills show Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon trapped inside a café. They stand just inside the glass doors, and Kang Hae Ra shouts in desperation as she grasps the door handle. What’s worse, they are left with nothing to do but stand and watch as the person who locked them in threatens them with death as they prepare to start a fire. Viewers are wondering how they came to be imprisoned in a café, as well as how they will escape the dire situation.

Kim-Sa-Rang-Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpg

Kim Sa Rang and Yoon Hyun Min are said to have created endless laughter on set as they made up ad-libs for wild scenarios and rehearsed their lines in a cute manner. However, the moment the cameras began rolling, the pair brought the critical scene to life with their utmost concentration and emotive acting skills.

The production team commented, “Kang Hae Ra and Yoon Hyun Min’s ‘revenge alliance’ will undergo numerous unexpected twists. Keep watching to find out if the two individuals will escape death and finally carry out their revenge against FB Group 12 years after Cha Yi Hyun’s disappearance.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446647wpp/kim-sa-rang-and-yoon-hyun-min-face-a-deadly-situation-in-the-goddess-of-revenge

• Like 1

Interesting to see how Cha gets out of the trap set by Chairman Kim.

Somehow I think the sister will be coming out of her hiding to save him or save the old daddy of her son. Either one will be caught.

• Like 1

This chairman is so self-centered.  He thinks his daughter is just jealous, when we know from flashbacks she is furious at how he treated her and her dying mother: like they were just there to serve him, stealing the mother's business that the mother built up, defrauding people to get dirty money to steal stocks from the mother and now trying to do the same from the daughter, and saying the daughter will just let any husband run the business instead of doing it herself, which is just another excuse for his lousy sexism.  His jealousy comment is just more toxic male verbal abuse stoking more female rage.  

Frankly, with all the hitmen this woman knows, I'm amazed she hasn't taken a hit out on her father all this time. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

This chairman is so self-centered.  He thinks his daughter is just jealous, when we know from flashbacks she is furious at how he treated her and her dying mother: like they were just there to serve him, stealing the mother's business that the mother built up, defrauding people to get dirty money to steal stocks from the mother and now trying to do the same from the daughter, and saying the daughter will just let any husband run the business instead of doing it herself, which is just another excuse for his lousy sexism.  His jealousy comment is just more toxic male verbal abuse stoking more female rage.  

Frankly, with all the hitmen this woman knows, I'm amazed she hasn't taken a hit out on her father all this time. 

I can’t stand both the father and her. It would be nice if they destroy each other. I sympathize with her past but she’s a murderer and no better than her equally disgusting father. She was sleeping with someone else’s husband then had that dirtbag husband murdered. But, considering this is a Kdrama, I suppose she might go to jail for a year and then get out. Triple disgusting is her male cousin who were raping women in that secret room. Quite a sleazy family overall. I don’t care about their equally sleazy company and the way it destroys the lives of other people. I guess the board should get rid of the family’s active management and get an outside managing director. 

I hope in the end He Ra gets to raise the little boy and this time in a healthy home.

• Like 1

Soompi Awards: Best dramas of 2020

Here is your chance to vote for the prime time k-dramas you enjoyed the most last year.

Which dramas will win our prestigious award? Please vote! :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers ( @Lmangla and @partyon)

• Blob 1

Kim Sa Rang Breaks Down Crying In Jail In “The Goddess Of Revenge”

TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” has shared a heartbreaking sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a suspenseful revenge drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a woman who married into power and influence, but whose life was ruined in an instant when she was framed in a false scandal. She eventually joins forces with Cha Min Joon (played by Yoon Hyun Min), a brilliant but cold-hearted lawyer who is determined to avenge his family, in order to exact revenge on those who prey on the weak and vulnerable.

Spoilers

Previously on “The Goddess of Revenge,” Kang Hae Ra warned Kim Tae On to leave Lee Ga On alone, threatening that she knew all about how Kim Tae On had tried to get rid of Cha Yi Hyun. In response, Kim Tae On shocked Kang Hae Ra by revealing that Cha Min Joon was Cha Yi Hyun’s younger brother and that he was using Kang Hae Ra as part of his revenge.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Kang Hae Ra is unable to hold back her tears as she breaks down crying inside a holding cell. Leaning against a wall of the cell and contemplating her own life, the miserable Kang Hae Ra curls into herself as she stares down at the ring on her finger.

Praising Kim Sa Rang’s acting in the scene, the producers of “The Goddess of Revenge” commented, “By pouring all of her effort and energy into every scene, Kim Sa Rang is bringing the character of Kang Hae Ra to life. Please keep an eye on [the drama] to find out whether Kang Hae Ra, who grows stronger in the face of danger, will be able to overcome the countless hardships thrown her way and succeed in taking sweet revenge.”

KIm-Sa-Rang-2.jpgKim-Sa-Rang-3.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Sa-Rang-4.jpg

To find out why Kang Hae Ra finds herself locked up in jail—and why she ends up bursting into tears—tune in to the next episode of “The Goddess of Revenge” on January 9 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447773wpp/kim-sa-rang-breaks-down-crying-in-jail-in-the-goddess-of-revenge

:highonflowers: that was a great slap. Let's hope she has something major up her sleeve. Just little bits of scandal are not going to defeat Ms Kim, master mind, murder plots and now parricide, attempted.

Yoon Hyun Min And Kim Sa Rang Throw Themselves In Danger On Final Episodes Of “The Goddess Of Revenge”

With just two episodes left in its run, TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” has unveiled a suspenseful sneak peek of its upcoming penultimate episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “The Goddess of Revenge,” Kang Hae Ra (played by Kim Sa Rang) raced to the police station after hearing the news that one of Cha Yi Hyun’s belongings had been found. After breaking down crying in the hallway, Kang Hae Ra came face-to-face with Cha Min Joon (played by Yoon Hyun Min), and she tearfully apologized to him for having reported on Cha Yi Hyun’s scandal 12 years ago even though the facts hadn’t been confirmed.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon dive headfirst into danger as they recklessly throw themselves in harm’s way in the name of revenge. In the hopes of obtaining decisive evidence that will allow them to take their revenge on Kim Tae On (played by Yoo Sun), the two characters venture into the lion’s den: an abandoned factory that is eerily dark, even during the daytime.

The photos show Cha Min Joon and Kang Hae Ra cautiously entering the factory to search for something, then both stopping in their tracks at the same time as they yell into the emptiness ahead of them. As the two put their lives on the line for the sake of revenge, the stills raise the intriguing question of why the duo has come all the way to this deserted factory—and whether they will be able to safely escape with the evidence they seek.

Yoon-Hyun-Min-Kim-Sa-Rang-2.jpgKim-Sa-Rang1.jpg

Spoiler

Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpgKim-Sa-Rang-21.jpgYoon-Hyun-Min-2.jpg

The producers of “The Goddess of Revenge” teased, “In the remaining two episodes, Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon’s awe-inspiring revenge plots will fully kick into gear. Please stay tuned until the very end to find out whether the ‘revenge alliance’ will be able to successfully take sweet revenge on Kim Tae On and Kim Sang Goo.”

The final two episodes of “The Goddess of Revenge” will air on January 16 and 17 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448773wpp/yoon-hyun-min-and-kim-sa-rang-throw-themselves-in-danger-on-final-episodes-of-the-goddess-of-revenge

“The Goddess Of Revenge” Cast Selects Most Memorable Scenes From The Drama

With only the final episode remaining, the main cast of TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” have named their most memorable scenes in the drama!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a suspenseful revenge drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a woman who married into power and influence, but whose life was ruined in an instant when she was framed in a false scandal. She eventually joins forces with Cha Min Joon (Yoon Hyun Min), a brilliant but cold-hearted lawyer who is determined to avenge his family, in order to exact revenge on those who prey on the weak and vulnerable.

Spoilers

First, Kim Sa Rang chose the scene from the 10th episode where her character Kang Hae Ra faces her son Lee Ga On (Jung Hyun Joon) in Kim Sang Goo’s (Jung Man Sik’s) house after he returns from Canada. In the scene, mother and son share a tearful hug, and afterwards Kang Hae Ra explains to him why he has to stay at his father’s house. Kim Sa Rang explained, “While filming the scene, I became choked up with emotions because all of the pain and longing that the pair felt during their time apart came crashing down at once. I felt sadness and pity when I thought of Lee Ga On’s maturity.”

Yoon Hyun Min selected the scene in episode 9 where his character drops everything and rushes to the hospital after hearing news of Kang Hae Ra’s car accident, growing relieved once he makes sure that she’s okay. Yoon Hyun Min shared, “I worried a lot about how to express Cha Min Joon’s complicated emotions as he looks at Kang Hae Ra lying in the hospital bed and wavers between revenge and sympathy. I chose this scene since I think I was able to express well his confused feelings for Kang Hae Ra as well as his anger and sadness.”

Kim-Sa-Rang-Yoon-Hyun-Min-Jung-Man-Sik-Y

Next, Yoo Sun named a tense scene from episode 11 where her character grasps Lee Ga On by the shoulders and tacitly warns Kang Hae Ra that he would be hurt if she tries to attack her when Cha Min Joon and Kim Sang Goo walk in, prompting her to let out a dark and strange laugh. Yoo Sun explained, “I think it’s a scene where all of the tension from each character’s hidden intentions clashes together. Since the scene ends with Kim Tae On’s laugh, the director asked me to draw it out, so I worried about how it would turn out. Thankfully, the ending was edited well and many people got chills from the scene, so I knew that what the director had requested was right.”

Jung Man Sik selected the scene in episode 10 where Cha Min Joon asks his character Kim Sang Goo why he only just found out that he was the father to Cha Yi Hyun’s (Park Eun Hye‘s) son. Describing the hidden intention of the scene, Jung Man Sik said, “Kim Sang Goo wanted to fool the viewers into thinking that what he had with Cha Yi Hyun was romance and not a sponsor scandal. Although the lines weren’t very melodramatic, I wanted to convey them with that nuance.”

Finally, Yoon Soy chose a scene from the beginning of the drama where her character Goo Eun Hye sets out to complete Kang Hae Ra’s request by installing spy cameras in her husband’s hotel and revealing the truth behind his secret mistress Kim Tae On. Yoon Soy shared, “Goo Eun Hye is a quick thinker and full of wit, so I worked hard to show that irresistible side of her in a visual way. I selected these scenes since I think they show Goo Eun Hye’s charm to its fullest extent.”

The drama’s production team commented, “Every scene in the drama could be considered as a memorable one, and we want to extend our gratitude to the actors who gave their all to the production with their extraordinary passion and tremendous acting skills. We ask for your continued interest in ‘The Goddess of Revenge,’ which will be unpredictable to the very end.”

The final episode of “The Goddess of Revenge” airs on January 17 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449102wpp/the-goddess-of-revenge-cast-selects-most-memorable-scenes-from-the-drama

• Insightful 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라