[Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라

larus

Kim Sa Rang And Yoon Hyun Min Face A Deadly Situation In “The Goddess Of Revenge”

d35582cc477d4bada4241566d80869f5.jpeg?s=

Jan 3, 2021
by S. P

TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a revenge drama about Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang), a woman who married into power and influence but whose reputation plummeted after an unfounded scandal, and Cha Min Joon (Yoon Hyun Min), a lawyer with a heart of ice who wants revenge on those who ruined his family.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Hae Ra found out that Goo Eun Hye’s (Yoon Soy‘s) family was ruined in an instant after her request to help find the missing Cha Yi Hyun (Park Eun Hye) 11 years prior. Furthermore, Goo Eun Hye’s father even signed a physical rights waiver in order to repay his debt as President Kang (Choi Young Woo) claimed his right to indemnity regarding the warehouse that had caught fire. After Kang Hae Ra confessed to Goo Eun Hye that she was the client who had made the request all those years ago, their once-unshakable “revenge alliance” began to waver.

New stills show Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon trapped inside a café. They stand just inside the glass doors, and Kang Hae Ra shouts in desperation as she grasps the door handle. What’s worse, they are left with nothing to do but stand and watch as the person who locked them in threatens them with death as they prepare to start a fire. Viewers are wondering how they came to be imprisoned in a café, as well as how they will escape the dire situation.

Kim-Sa-Rang-Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpg

Kim Sa Rang and Yoon Hyun Min are said to have created endless laughter on set as they made up ad-libs for wild scenarios and rehearsed their lines in a cute manner. However, the moment the cameras began rolling, the pair brought the critical scene to life with their utmost concentration and emotive acting skills.

The production team commented, “Kang Hae Ra and Yoon Hyun Min’s ‘revenge alliance’ will undergo numerous unexpected twists. Keep watching to find out if the two individuals will escape death and finally carry out their revenge against FB Group 12 years after Cha Yi Hyun’s disappearance.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446647wpp/kim-sa-rang-and-yoon-hyun-min-face-a-deadly-situation-in-the-goddess-of-revenge

This chairman is so self-centered.  He thinks his daughter is just jealous, when we know from flashbacks she is furious at how he treated her and her dying mother: like they were just there to serve him, stealing the mother's business that the mother built up, defrauding people to get dirty money to steal stocks from the mother and now trying to do the same from the daughter, and saying the daughter will just let any husband run the business instead of doing it herself, which is just another excuse for his lousy sexism.  His jealousy comment is just more toxic male verbal abuse stoking more female rage.  

Frankly, with all the hitmen this woman knows, I'm amazed she hasn't taken a hit out on her father all this time. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

This chairman is so self-centered.  He thinks his daughter is just jealous, when we know from flashbacks she is furious at how he treated her and her dying mother: like they were just there to serve him, stealing the mother's business that the mother built up, defrauding people to get dirty money to steal stocks from the mother and now trying to do the same from the daughter, and saying the daughter will just let any husband run the business instead of doing it herself, which is just another excuse for his lousy sexism.  His jealousy comment is just more toxic male verbal abuse stoking more female rage.  

Frankly, with all the hitmen this woman knows, I'm amazed she hasn't taken a hit out on her father all this time. 

I can’t stand both the father and her. It would be nice if they destroy each other. I sympathize with her past but she’s a murderer and no better than her equally disgusting father. She was sleeping with someone else’s husband then had that dirtbag husband murdered. But, considering this is a Kdrama, I suppose she might go to jail for a year and then get out. Triple disgusting is her male cousin who were raping women in that secret room. Quite a sleazy family overall. I don’t care about their equally sleazy company and the way it destroys the lives of other people. I guess the board should get rid of the family’s active management and get an outside managing director. 

I hope in the end He Ra gets to raise the little boy and this time in a healthy home.

If what Kang He Ra or the actress who plays the character does is acting worth praising, I could be an actress as well. :hwaiting2: She shows just a single expression whether she's thinking, feeling sad, happy or angry. My goodness... A weak person who goes to an enemy's turf armed only with a cellphone. Brilliant! She's got a too-high opinion of herself. She cannot even defend herself from an insect, in my opinion. At least learn some kind of self defense, although it's too late for that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라
6 hours ago, reddragon said:

A weak person who goes to an enemy's turf armed only with a cellphone. Brilliant! She's got a too-high opinion of herself.

Funny but true.

I have not watched the last episode yet but I am not eager to finish either. I don`t know exactly why but I did not like this drama. I`ve struggled to finish this drama and I fast forward a lot to do it. I thought that after the disappointing Men are Men I will enjoy watching Yoon Hyun Min in another drama.  Nope. Not this one.

I admit that I am not a big fan of revenge dramas but this one felt so flat to me.

• Like 1

“Mr. Queen” Ratings Soar To New All-Time Highs + “The Goddess Of Revenge” Rises For Finale

Jan 18, 2021
by E. Cha

ed99d293b3304022926bd4939bfa9822.jpeg?s=

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” enjoyed a rise in viewership for its series finale, scoring an average nationwide rating of 2.9 percent for its final episode last night.

And the drama ends..ppfffffttttt. It's just a domestic, ascension fight between father and daughter that victimized and sacrificed a lot of people who do not have anything to do with their personal war. They should have placed the father and daughter in an arena and let them throw darts, arrows, bullets or whatever and see who will survive.

Of course we know that things like that - corruption, bribery and abuse of power is common in the corporate and business world, but I guess the repetitive scenarios made the show boring. Japanese dramas can tell the story in 9 or 11 episodes yet you feel satisfied.

Anyway, I have another observation. You can portray a villain just by lowering or raising your head hahahaha, wear micro mini skirts and chew on your glittery fake nails. Tae On must have a far reaching network of villains and spies. Her secretary knows every underground character. She's a one-woman intelligence network as she has access to all the right information and contact. I wonder how much Tae On pays her secretary.

I was rather sad to see Cha's sister dying, though I am glad they did not resurrect her with some fisherman-pick-her-up-amnesia story. I liked the drama except for the last two episodes. Sloppy ending , I thought.

The nurse who went around killing people will probably be resurrected in other dramas. Does it make sense that the Chairman of a corporation did not have even a panic button in his hospital room? After an attempt on his life had been made? He died knowing his daughter killed him, I hope. For his swindling and fraud, he really should be humiliated by being brought to trial but then he might bribe and blackmail his way out. So death would tie up his story. She is incarcerated while she had caused the deaths of dozens of innocent people?

But I thought the most ridiculous part was HR just standing and watching TO coming at her with a shard of glass. What was the purpose of that scene? The most she will get in kdrama justice is 3 years.

edit: with the subs, it says the chairman is in a coma. Almost dead.

“The Goddess Of Revenge” Cast Bids Farewell To Drama With Closing Remarks

013c5a840b2848f78effe60d1125e93f.jpeg?s=

Jan 18, 2021
by M. Kang

The suspense-ridden story of “The Goddess of Revenge” has come to an end!

The finale of the revenge drama featuring Kim Sa Rang, Yoon Hyun Min, Jung Man Sik, Yoo Sun, and Yoon Soy aired January 17. In light of the riveting journey to revenge coming to a close, the cast members shared their final remarks.

the-goddess-of-revenge1.jpg

First, the five expressed their gratitude towards the director, writer, staff members, and of course the viewers that stuck with them.

Kim Sa Rang took on the role of Kang Hae Ra, a character that delivered a refreshing revenge to those that prey on the weak. She commented, “I feel very attached to this piece because of the director and staff members that endured through seven months of COVID-19 and the severe weather conditions of summer and winter. We all stuck together and depended on one another. I hope that our drama was able to energize everyone going through a tough time. Although we couldn’t touch upon all issues, I hope that Kang Hae Ra’s revenge was a refreshing one for viewers. I will continue to work on being an actress who serves as a source of strength for viewers. Thank you so much.”

Yoon Hyun Min, who played a cold-hearted lawyer with a hidden soft side named Cha Min Joon, shared, “It was a happy experience because I got to work with good people during hard times. I want to say thank you to the director and writer for gifting me the character of Cha Min Joon, to the staff members for staying dedicated despite the cold and tough environment, and to the fellow actors for working hard on making this piece a good one. Above all, I want to thank all of you for supporting us with encouragement. I will repay the love by working on my craft as an actor.”

Yoo Sun, who played the ambitious Kim Tae On, remarked, “I am thankful that all of our team members completed the project safely amidst the restrictions due to COVID-19. I want to thank our viewers for supporting us to the end.”

Jung Man Sik, who played Kim Tae On’s father Kim Sang Goo, stated, “There’s always a sense of regret that follows the closure of a project. This is especially the case with ‘The Goddess of Revenge’ because it was my first time putting forth an elderly role. I feel that I could have been more expressive in the intricate details. I want to send my genuine gratitude and commendation to the director, writer, film crew, and especially the special effects team that spent two hours on transforming me into Kim Sang Goo every time.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449258wpp/the-goddess-of-revenge-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-with-closing-remarks

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Just done watching this series
It is good from beginning to end
Sadly there are frustration here and there as in Ep 16... how come the investigators with the Prosecutor just stand still when Kim Tae-On take the broken glass pc and walk towards Hera... Shouldn't they just stop her... Hey...don't they carry guns or something...

I salute those who stay close to Hera no matter what happens...Eun-Hye...Hyun-Sung... this 2 makes a good team
Am so happy when Do Yoon tells all to Hyun-Sung about their main purpose moving over to the same building
Also admire how Hyun-Sung calls Do-Yoon "Hyung" and also very close with him and actually both of them looks out for each other... indeed a bromance

Wow...i like how the series progress and the ending is Daebak...
Would be great if there's a Season 2 but guessing what needs be done is done and those needs put away are put away
I was hoping to see Choi released on parole and he ends up in Goshan Agency helping them out 

was hoping to see Lawyer Min-joon propose to Hera...but am guessing indirectly he did when he says "i will be watching your back" sounds like i will always be there for you...

Am glad I ride on this series