[Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라

larus

So I saw Episode 1. 

The cold-hearted lawyer who isn't so ... cold-hearted after all. Actually, he seems rather like a marshmellow, just hiding his soft heart. And he buys all her books? Hmmm what is the connection there? He has her followed and all. Childhood friends? Ex-lovers? His family was ruined by her husband? The big question is: WHY?

The junior who seems like a puppy buying Haera shoes...It looks like a crush, but from the subway encounter on I had a bad feeling, even though he has a cute and friendly face that looks innocent, the way he kept following her, and pushing just left a bad taste in my mouth, even before the reveal.

BUT: I want those shoes he bought her haha!! They really do look awfully comfy. 

Also I love the PI!! Shes so spunky. And as she said, "have your senses dulled, why would they be together?" hahaha. Totally true. 

But the end of the episode (flashback) brought back the fire in Haera. Looking forward to it! 

• Like 5

I am done with EP 1 & 2. Got to be honest, at first I feel like Hera is too stoic and KSR's acting a tad bit bland. But everything changed once she sets her mind to get revenge. YSY as Eun Hye is a total opposite as her action and expression feel a little bit exaggerated but it gives the right balance when she is with Hera. They are definitely a great duo to look out for. 

YHM's project can be a hit or miss for me. I always looks forward to him but the storyline can't hold my interest much I ended up dropping it. It seems like his character here to be very layered and by the end of EP 2, I am all for it. That turn of event really makes me curious with his actual plan and why exactly he approaches Hera. 

What happened to Hera seems like the starting point for a whole detailed plan to bring someone down. I wonder who sent her the initial message that lead her to Gusan Agency and is someone deliberately lead her to Kim Tae On.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joccu said:

How was the first episode? Good or bad? 

For me it held my interest enough to look forward to Episode 2. Episode 1  introduced the characters. It was not mindblowing but nevertheless enjoyable. I started watching this because of YHM, KSR is unknown to me. It is YHM's lawyer character that did well to build the story, even though this is about KSR's life. But his involvement shows that there is something like a grander thing than just her scandal. 

1 hour ago, kdramagrandma said:

I am done with EP 1 & 2. Got to be honest, at first I feel like Hera is too stoic and KSR's acting a tad bit bland. But everything changed once she sets her mind to get revenge. Y.

Although I also agree that I thought Hera was quite boring, at least until that part at the end occurred at Episode 1, as for the whole part of Episode 1 she was quite helpless and one wonders why she didn't ask for others help before the papers were  served to her etc

. I haven't seen Episode 2 yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Homemade Love Story” Ratings Break 30 Percent For New All-Time High; “The Goddess Of Revenge” Rises For 2nd Episode

5acad075aedf477db84e3c39815cb0bd.jpeg?s=

Nov 23, 2020
by E. Cha

Both KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” and TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” soared to new heights last night!

Meanwhile, Kim Sa Rang and Yoon Hyun Min‘s new mystery-revenge drama “The Goddess of Revenge” enjoyed an increase in viewership for its second episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent and a peak of 4.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439443wpp/homemade-love-story-ratings-break-30-percent-for-new-all-time-high-the-goddess-of-revenge-rises-for-2nd-episode

• Like 2

I will watch. Watching episode one I had some doubts that I will continue to watch but there are some good points for me. I like the women friendship/ how they team up and I am intrigued by Yoon Hyun Min`s character. Let see how things will go from here.

• Like 3

Hey all, thanks for the previews. Didn't realize this is premiered already. 

I finished the ep 1 and 2. It was okay.  I wasn't sure where the direction of the drama was going until the plan to use Haeara to exact revenge and using her influence as a"vtuber'. 

So the future of investigative reporting lies on influencer ..so it seems in this drama.  I mean, she regained back her followers. She was able to turned around and expose the fraud malicious infidelity of the husband.  After falling from grace from her position, she was able to bounce back with the help of the other girl (forgot the name). With some sleuthing, quick improvisation on the friend's part, the husband was exposed. Revenge is sweet. The husband's downfall amount to cancelled show and  exposed as cheating husband. Domestic abuse was left out though.  To protect the son I think.

Well Haera used to be reporter before becoming  an inluencer. So while she can't go back to to being famous reporter that she was, maybe the alternative is to use a different platform. 

I'm not sure about what is the connection of between the Minjoon and Haera. Maybe he knows her before. Could  the baby that survive the fire ( the first scene.).

After watching the episodes, I teeny weeny kind of want that foldable  galaxy phone. That  its mostly on every scene.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jongski said:

After watching the episodes, I teeny weeny kind of want that foldable  galaxy phone. That  its mostly on every scene.

I see it on every current dramas. :lol:

It is easier to watch than I thought. I guess they will start the revenge for people who were wronged. There will be these little cases in each episode but we`ll find out more about Min joon and Haera. Of course, there are the ex and the rich woman. I am not loving this drama but it is watchable.

• Like 3

OK .... so he bought all those books to use them for fire wood? And he just moved his office into the building of the PI office? 

:surprisedwut:

Well, episode 2 remains as episode 1. The female heroine is not as kickass as her friend. I understand she is reticent, but it seems like she lost all her investigative journalism skills. All she did was upload the video on her channel, all the work was actually done by her friend. 

That husband is a POS, abusing his family. I wonder why she simply stayed, when she let her son go abroad for school. Really, for appearance's sake and to stay popular, I suppose. 

• Like 4

It seems like Hae Ra has a connection with what happened to Min Joon's family in the past. Hae Ra was there staring at Mi Yeon, Min Joon's sister while the house is burning. I think Min Joon has lost touch with his sister and is trying to find her.

From the character description, Min Joon will be avenging what happened to his family. Is Hae Ra's family connected with it? She doesn't seem to know him.

However, I have a feeling that he's supporting Hae Ra today to set her up for his revenge in the end.

The story's interesting so I'll continue watching.

By the way, Yoon Hyun Min's eyebrows were thinner in the first episode. In the second episode it was made thicker, hahaha. You'll notice it when you he has his face against the other lawyer at the police station and the rest of his screen time.

• Like 6

I love mysteries and revenge dramas too. 

I have a feeling Hae Ra will get her revenge but I'm not sure about Min Joon. It appears he has been stalking Hae Ra. She is his target for revenge. But like most dramas go, he will fall for her at some point.

@agenth I did notice the book thing. He spent a lot of money to have the satisfaction of burning them. A nefarious plan of course. What did she write about?

@larus, @jongski  I've always loved flip phones and I'm due for a new phone and as I see in this drama, they are back and cuter.

Still not sure who is who yet. I didn't recognize the actress playing the short hair lady. Now that I know, she usually plays the meek doormat housewife. Is that old guy her husband or her father? A woman abuser is an abuser even if she's gone. I have a feeling he was abusing both of them; the wife and the kid. That's why she sent him abroad. And her son worries about her thinking dad is still beating up mom.

@reddragon I usually look at details like that, eyebrows, lip gloss on the guys, the actors walk, but I didn't look at the eyebrow difference this time. Maybe whoever was styling(plucking) the eye brows got carried away and in the end the result was thinner eyebrows. Or it could have been a request by the actor. ?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, brooksmom said:

I love mysteries and revenge dramas too. 

I have a feeling Hae Ra will get her revenge but I'm not sure about Min Joon. It appears he has been stalking Hae Ra. She is his target for revenge. But like most dramas go, he will fall for her at some point.

@agenth I did notice the book thing. He spent a lot of money to have the satisfaction of burning them. A nefarious plan of course. What did she write about?

You're right. Something of an ill-fated relationship. But my heart hurts for all those books. Couldn't he have just bought ONE to burn? No, he had to buy the entire bulk of the bookstore that led me to think At first he had some sort of secret crush on her.

The dramatic optics. 

/edit: I think it was some kind of life-advice / autobiography book of hers.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@brooksmom @reddragon He knows  (or knew of ) her from the past. calculating move deliberate set up accidental meeting, trying to win her over representing as her lawyer ( the charges were drop against HR, right, thanks to MJ). Asking her to make  avenge all the wrongs for other using her vtube influencer status

The last scene on ep 2. Burning the  many books..her books. He wants revenge (But what and why?). But then he will fall in love.   It's sort of like Money Flower drama.. at least with knowing and trying to set up then falling in love.

• Like 3

Get Revenge: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

Revenge0102_1.jpg

This is what I’m talking about! Revenge plots with secret and complicated relationships are my jam, and Get Revenge is just that. The TV Chosun drama hit an impressive 4% after its opening week, and I guess that means I wasn’t the only one that found this drama not only entertaining, but a delicious expression of the genre.

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

Revenge0102_2.jpg

Like many a revenge story before it, Get Revenge opens with a confrontation scene that’s full of fury and flames (literally). It means nothing to us now, but I’m sure it will later, after we’ve watched the plot play out over the course of the drama. Why do dramas do this anyway? These no-context climax scenes are meant to hint to us just how high the stakes are, and just how crazy it’s going to get — and then, theoretically, the calm waters of a story’s beginning hold even more of a contrast.

That’s exactly what happens in Get Revenge, because after its fiery intro, we start at the beginning of our story. Our heroine in KANG HAE-RA (Kim Sa-rang) is a top influencer and celebrity. In the past we’re told she was a hard-working investigative reporter, but she left her position when she married top celebrity LEE HOON-SUK (Jung Wook). They’re society’s golden couple.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/get-revenge-episodes-1-2-review/

• Thanks 2

On 11/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, agenth said:

I'm disappointed with the choice of FL with the dynamic ML. I tried and I'll give it another episode or two but her acting...dry as toast.

I

For me it held my interest enough to look forward to Episode 2. Episode 1  introduced the characters. It was not mindblowing but nevertheless enjoyable. I started watching this because of YHM, KSR is unknown to me. It is YHM's lawyer character that did well to build the story, even though this is about KSR's life. But his involvement shows that there is something like a grander thing than just her scandal. 

I'm disappointed so far in the FL. She bores me to tears. But I'll give it time. Love the ML in everything I've seen him in. He's fun to watch.

Although I also agree that I thought Hera was quite boring, at least until that part at the end occurred at Episode 1, as for the whole part of Episode 1 she was quite helpless and one wonders why she didn't ask for others help before the papers were  served to her etc

. I haven't seen Episode 2 yet. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:41 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

In ep. 3 , Yura is despicable. When she learns that Juseok is poor, she throws him away. I really dislike her so much :rage:

On 10/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, slpamngtrs said:

What the what. That was probably the worst, most nonsensical ending possible for this story. Did the writer realize the story didn’t make sense up to this point anyway and just gave up? And just gave us some sappy happy ending? With a sprinkle of incest as a cherry on top??

Biggest plot hole for me: shouldn’t all JYs have disappeared when he killed himself? Wasn’t that the point of why his mom was trying so hard to protect him? If he was only going to disappear in one world, why would any of this matter? And in how many worlds did JG’s mom already die? Wouldn’t that have set all the things into motion and created lots of JGs chasing the killer(s)? Was there something special about the JG we were watching? 

I guess these questions assume some level of consistency and logic. 

Grade: F

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote reaction gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 1

Sorry that dry as toast is for Revenge. Oops Posted it in wrong area

What I meant to post in this Revenge topic *fingers crossed doing it right this time* is, I'm disappointed with the choice of FL for the dynamic ML.  He is so good in everything I've seen him in.  I tried and I'll give it another episode or two but her acting...ahem...dry as unbuttered toast.

• Like 2

As many of you have already noted, the FL is a bit dry. Perhaps however, that is intentional.

Currently the Private Eye is outshining in her almost every facet - Maybe she teaches the FL the tricks of the trade, and soon she transforms into a true film noir femme fatale

The story is okay, and I'm loving the Private Eye so I'll keep watching :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1