Remote Learning

Black Star

For those of us whose classes have switched to all online, what are your professors/teachers doing for class and how are they handling it? What problems is this causing that you wouldn't have thought of? Considering the circumstances, can you think of any better ways to conduct classes and modes of learning/teaching.

(I'm writing this as I'm "in class", which is something I could never have done in the classroom) 

My school just cancelled all in-person classes for the rest of the semester. I'd say the switch has been pretty hectic because the classes were all designed on lectures and discussions rather than heavy homework-based learning. Since campus was also closed, we are being forced to move out of our dorms with some exceptions, and that has honestly been the hardest part for me. My parents' house isn't a good learning environment, so I can feel myself falling behind already 

I'm hoping to talk to some administrators to see if I can move back for the remainder of the semester, but I'm not sure my situation warrants an exception to the rules.

For the circumstances, I feel teachers are trying their best, but it shouldn't be the time to ramp up the busy-work, you know?

• 7 months later...

I think that now remote learning is a good, because of the virus. But it has also dissadvantages. There is no live contact between students, they spend too much time on computer. But I don't see any options how it can be changed. Health is the most important thing.

• SC2019 locked this topic

Archived