variety show quiz!

Lmangla

hi ya chingus, how many of you watch variety shows? what is your favourite? were you a big fan of one show like WGM but then didn't watch later? here's your chance to try your variety show knowledge in a little quiz organized by quiz master @Lawyerh. there are three difficulty levels -- easy, medium, hard! post your answers in a spoiler. all participants get 250 points while those who get 5 or more correct will get 500 points. if you get all correct, you get 1000 points.

so what do you do with those points? well you shop! if you haven't checked it out, our members shop has tons of badges you can collect as a memento of your time in soompi. it is fun to show off those cute little icons underneath your name. you will see bigger versions under the trophy section of your profile page. you can even donate points to each other to encourage one and another -- there are happy birthday and cheer up badges! the price of the badges have been cut and there are now badges ranging from 500 points to 2000 points. check it out!

in addition to the quiz, let us know about your favourite variety show or moment. what would you like other chingus to watch besides dramas? are these good to watch during a drama slump? share your love for variety by tagging your chingus and let us know!

re: @partyon @snowlou

inspired from event idea suggestions: @phikyl and @Alice Wonderland

the variety quiz!

Who is the Actors & Which VS ?

Quiz 1. Level Easy

He's awkward with small kids. But he managed to charm them with his handsome face and small magics tricks with flower & fire. 

Quiz 2. Level Difficult

He's a humble actor who's good at carpentry. He named his invention in this variety show similar to European's furniture brand. 

Quiz 3. Level Medium

He always cook beef steak almost all the time. Very manly guy but softies to dog & cow that came to visit him. 

Who is the Couple & Which VS?

Quiz 4. Level Medium

It's icy. It's cold. And they kissed. They fight a lot on & offscreen. They both can sing well. The girl can't live without her eyeliner. 

Quiz 5. Easy - Medium

Language is not a barrier for a guy & girl. The girl never dating anyone before. The girl write letter to the guy. She cook longetivity noodle for him. 

Who is the cooker and which VS from this Meal come from?

Quiz 6. Level - God help them!

Cue :

Is this nice? Maybe yes, maybe no. 

1h2bX3U.jpg

Quiz 7. Medium

What's so special about this Bimbimbap? Foreigner like it.

YXQ5SmT.jpg

More hint, the rabbit cooking together.

CFHKokP.jpg

Exercise, Sweating - Which Actors & Which VS?

Quiz 8. Difficult

He win 5$ for jumping rope 20x. Noona and dongsaeng cheering for him

Quiz 9. Difficult

He's a young actor and a boyband. Sweating looks good for him. His uniform yellow color. This game played in a 2 teams. His player number is 97.

Quiz 10. Easy maybe if you can answer no 9 lols

Same as no 9 questions. But his player number is 7 and he's the boss!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Who is the Actors & Which VS ?

Quiz 1. Level Easy

He's awkward with small kids. But he managed to charm them with his handsome face and small magics tricks with flower & fire. 

Let me gamble on the only variety Show  I watched :joy:

Spoiler

little forest - LSG 

@Lawyerh make it hard :tightdeadline:

a daycare variety show? @Lawyerh -- kindergarten teachers must be wondering why no one interviews them! hahahha.. so does this show take place in an actual forest setting? is that why it is called little forest? and here I am thinking it is some sort of geography / environmental type show! :lol:

NOTE: chingus, feel free to try your hand in stages. you can post the answers as you think of them. we will close the event thursday night -- korea time 10 PM.

re: @YongZura⁷ @alleram95

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.... don't worry @Ameera Ali, even I fail the variety quiz! hahaha... I had no answers to all of the questions from our quiz master @Lawyerh LOL. so what is little forest about? is there a big forest too?

adult oppa was like child too @Lmangla so no need for  big forest :mrgreen:
5f17cf2319f53475785211.jpg?download

5f17cf7c701cd834000073.jpg?download

I’m not sure if we’re supposed to try and answer all the questions, but here are my guesses:

Spoiler

1. Lee Seung Gi - Little Forest

2. Yoo Hae Jin - 3 Meals A Day

3. So Ji Sub :wub: - Little House in the Forest 

4 & 5. (no idea though probably from WGM or something:D)

6. (again, dunno lol)

7. The bibimbap from Youn’s Kitchen? (prepared by YYJ, LSJ & JYM and maybe part-timer Park Seo Joon lol)

8. (no idea)

9. Cha Eun Woo - Handsome Tigers

10. Lee Sang Yoon - Handsome Tigers

I hope I at least passed the quiz! Lol.

If I were to pick a favourite variety show, it miiiight be Family Outing. And also Infinity Challenge. They just make me laugh so much and make me forget my worries for the time that I’m watching the show. And when they get a great guest they can banter with... *air kisses* it’s perfect!

tagging chingus @wallflowersforjane @snowlou @alleram95 @kokodus 

My answers (I will edit my post later to fill in the empty questions that I have yet to find. )

Spoiler

1. Lee Seung Gi - Little Forest

2. Yoo Hae Jin - Three Meals a Day, Hostel in Spain (this is where he patent his works with brand IKEYO, he has made lots of furniture in Three Meals a Day but no brand yet)

3. Lee Seo Jin - Three Meals a Day

4. Adam Couple (Jo Kwon and Gain) WGM season 2

5. Khuntoria (Nichkhun and Victoria) WGM season 2 - 3

6. (will edit later, although there's a chance I couldn't answer this haha)

7. Yoon Yeo Jung - Youn's Kitchen Season 2

8. Park Seo Joon - Three Meals a Day mountain village 

9. Cha Eun Woo - Handsome Tiger

10. Lee Sang Yoon - Handsome Tiger

@im0202 Family Outing Season 1! My first ever variety shows. I have watched it at least twice and several times for some episodes hahaha

edit @Lawyerh @Lmangla can you give us more hints ? Especially for no 6?

21 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I admit defeat already 

:sweats: since I am so out of the variety show loop! @YongZura⁷ you know I only watch 1 show and good luck everyone. It is amazing. I will just cheer on the side.

Thanks for responding.  I look at the questions again and realised that I've been focusing more on BTS and a few KDramas that my touch on VS has loosened its grip. 

Well, just for these two days  B)  The more the merrier ... he he

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Oh my favourite VS at the moment is Run BTS - Every Tuesday night and anyone can watch it on Weverse and Vlive.

Here goes:

May return to edit...

Spoiler

Q1 - Lee Seung Gi (Little Forest)
Q2 - Yoo Hae Jin. Ikea to Ikeyo? (Korean Hostel in Spain*)
Q3 - So Ji Sub (Little House in the Forest)

*How did I miss a Na PD's VS?!

Q4 - Key & Arisa (We Got Married) [I guessed this - too many singers in WGM!!!]
Q5 - Gui Gui & Taecyeon (We Got Married) [I guessed this]

Q6 - Lee Seo Jin (Little Forest) - APPLE PIE!!! Yummm!
Q7 - Youn Yuh Jung & Jung Yumi (Youn's Kitchen)

Q8 - Park Seo Joon jumped 24 times (3 Meals A Day)
Q9 - Cha Eun Woo (Handsome Tigers)
Q10 - Lee Sang Yoon (Handsome Tigers)

I haven't watched any variety since WGM got cancelled. yea, station ajusshi thanks for breaking my heart and cancelling a fun show. those were the fun days when you watch every week, dissect the couples and get excited like a matchmaker aunty on any potential shipping possibility. the fun!

so chingus @im0202 @alleram95 @YongZura⁷ -- what exactly are these shows that you mentioned about? am guessing family outing is where a family goes for a picnic? or something? and infinity challenge is what exactly? some sort of physical activity where they hike a mountain maybe and talk about life? and run BTS -- the kpop run marathons together? why do I feel like my guesses are most likely really far off? hahahaha... ^_^

52 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what exactly are these shows that you mentioned about? am guessing family outing is where a family goes for a picnic? or something?

Hahha Family Outing is where the main cast (the ‘family’) goes to different parts of S.Korea (usually villages) and help to take care of the house of an elderly family who go on vacation. The cast then has to complete a set of tasks left behind by the homeowners.

So most of the time they will be doing these jobs, preparing meals (a bit like 3 Meals A Day), and playing games (which are the best parts lol).

Also a lot of nicknames, duos and lovelines that were created in the show that I remember till now. Was so sad when they ended the show.:cries:

Some names off the top of my head:

Nation’s siblings

Dumb & Dumber bros

The pathetic elder

Chunderella and his Stepmother (etc etc there are so many:D)
A small taste of what it’s like:

Spoiler

I came here to conquer the VS quiz!!!!

Anybody would like to have the answer key, feel free to read my answers below. Hahaha

:happyshakes:

As far as my brain can process and think of, here are my answers, rather the answer key:

Spoiler

2. Yoo Hae Jin - Korean Hostel in Spain

3. So Ji Sub - Little House

4. TBD

5. TBD

6. Lee Seo Jin- 3 Meals A Day

7. Youn Yuh Jung & Jung Yumi - Yumi's Kitchen

8. Park Seo Joon - 3 Meals A Day

9. Cha Eun Woo - Handsome Tigers

10. Lee Sang Yoon - Handsome Tigers

Still incomplete. Will edit it before deadline.

I would like to thank my sponsors: @mademoisellesia & @katakwasabi

And to my partner in crime @snowlou

:bashful:

Archived