Quantcast

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ooh, this is really interesting and now I want to check out the drama. normally, just the tag 'based on real life events' means we are in for a ride of tears even if it is supposed to be uplifting. so

so got around to watching ep 1 and I like it! PDnim has been very serious about putting together a plucky, uplifting drama even as it centers around rather depressing themes. what I liked about the ch

Note: the woman Tae-Yong is living with is his younger sister Seon-Min who is a widow with two young children. Her husband died in an accident.   Just wanted to point out, regarding the Samj

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ving hello to @jadecloud; hello old friend! am not surprised in some way that this drama is underrated. the sob stories have been too much that I am dragging my feet to watch ep 6 and 7. perhaps other viewers like me are looking for a little escape and not necessarily something so heavy.

:waves:The draggy and sob bits are true. Probably big hurdles for attracting viewers, esp. during this pandemic.

I like the inspirational parts of the plot:

1. An attorney who didn't go to college, who was "adopted" and "raised/helped" by a non-related woman, is now rising in fame and paying it forward. Hoping he will be rewarded with his bucket of monetary returns cos his "adoptive" fam needs his support. Will its literal title, Fly from Rags to Riches, ring true for PTY in the monetary sense, eventually? It could also be "riches" in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - Self-Actualization. 
  2. A discriminated and shunned reporter who found his flair in writing through his painful past.
  3. A rookie reporter with a silver spoon does not take her life's blessings for granted. Instead, she tries (together with PTY and PSS) her best to help the disadvantaged (poorer, older, less educated, etc.) folks get their day in court for retrials, or the so-called drama title, Delayed Justice. 
  4. I like the brilliance in some parts of the script. For instance:

ep9-invisible.pngep9-invisiblewalls.pngep9-invisiblewalls1.png

And...

Spoiler

ep9-innocent1.pngep9-innocent.png

And...

Spoiler

ep9-money.png

There are more (from Ep 8), but I'll stop here. This drama may not have many pretty gals or pretty boys with absolute abs lol (though I bet if KSW, still looking good, shows his, it should still be darn awesome lol), nor a sweet romance, though there's a hint of attraction (PTY and LYK) and a mature romance (PSS and gf), the (selective) script and the overall portrayal are the pull factors, not forgetting KSW hehe, at least for me.

The other amazing factor, apart from the inspirational ones, in this drama (and many other dramas) is the emotive essence that makes a viewer reflect within and without. I thought it's JJANG! 

Lastly, just to lighten up and err... hopefully am making sense of it all:

Spoiler

ep9-speaknonsense.png

:elated::gangnamstyle:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Delayed Justice, 날아라 개천용 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

This is so unfortunate. :(

Bae Sung Woo To Be Removed From His Drama “Delayed Justice” Following Drunk Driving Incident

Bae Sung Woo will be leaving the cast of “Delayed Justice.”

On December 10, it was revealed that the actor was booked for a DUI (driving under the influence) last month, and his driver’s license has been suspended.

He stated via his agency, “I fully realize the responsibility I hold for what I did wrong with no room for excuses. I accept all of the criticism and am deeply regretful. I will be cautious in all ways in order for something like this to never happen again, and I will take time to self-reflect.”

Following calls for the actor to be removed from his current drama “Delayed Justice,” which he is leading along with Kwon Sang Woo, the drama’s production team released the following statement on December 11:

"First of all, we express apologies for causing concern to viewers due to the drunk driving of Bae Sung Woo, who is currently starring in “Delayed Justice.” This is the production team’s statement regarding the matter.

After hearing the news of the leading actor’s drunk driving, the production team and broadcasting station SBS discussed the best possible way to resolve the situation, and the conclusion we have come to so far is that it is inevitable for the actor to leave the drama. As a result, Bae Sung Woo will no longer participate in filming, and the drama’s future plot is currently under discussion.

Following the broadcast of episode 12 on December 12, “Delayed Justice” will take three weeks off to reorganize and then resume broadcasts next year. As filming is complete through episode 16, these episodes will air with Bae Sung Woo edited out as much as possible, and episodes 17 through 20 will be filmed without this actor. We will prepare to air the broadcasts without any issues. We ask for your understanding as this is a decision made in consideration of the program flow experienced by the viewers and the potential harm that could be caused to the other actors and staff.

We once again sincerely apologize for causing an inconvenience in watching “Delayed Justice.”

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442918wpp/bae-sung-woo-to-be-removed-from-his-drama-delayed-justice-following-drunk-driving-incident

• Insightful 1
48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

As filming is complete through episode 16, these episodes will air with Bae Sung Woo edited out as much as possible, and episodes 17 through 20 will be filmed without this actor. We will prepare to air the broadcasts without any issues.

woah! haven't been watching the series but hope it doesn't affect the story telling.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

woah! haven't been watching the series but hope it doesn't affect the story telling.

I hope so as well. From what I heard the story is interesting and compelling. And since they're almost halfway-through it will be complicated to make the plot consistent when removing one of the main characters.

:rubchin:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I hope so as well. From what I heard the story is interesting and compelling. And since they're almost halfway-through it will be complicated to make the plot consistent when removing one of the main characters.

yea, it would require quite a bit of re-write. so it makes sense they are taking 3 weeks off to figure out how to do this. there is another reporter character but she is a rookie. guess, they will have her step up and do more in the story...

• Insightful 1
3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, it would require quite a bit of re-write. so it makes sense they are taking 3 weeks off to figure out how to do this. there is another reporter character but she is a rookie. guess, they will have her step up and do more in the story...

Either that or they focus on the veteran cast. They have a lot of fun characters to work with and in the end I think they have those cases they work on. So shifting the focus a bit wouldn't be so wrong. :D But you're right. It's a good decision for them to take 3 weeks off.

• Like 1

I am enjoying this drama. it's a pity about Bae Sung Woo - he played his role well.  But glad to hear that Korea doesn't treat their celebrities like demi Gods.  Look at that drama around wife-beater Johnny Depp.  His cuckoo fans demand that his ex-wife, the person he beat up be fired from her movie!  And Dior is standing by him.  So they are saying it's okay to be a wife beater.  I will not purchase anything from dior ever again!

@Jillia it's suprising isn't it? Jung Woo Sung has not played in any drama almost 9 years and now he'll be here. Just wow!! I am wondering what makes him want to do it.

I love Bae Sung Woo, but I think it's a good decision. I hope all the best for Delayed Justice. This drama is so heartwarming.

• Like 3
On 12/21/2020 at 4:27 PM, ayamom said:

@Jillia it's suprising isn't it? Jung Woo Sung has not played in any drama almost 9 years and now he'll be here. Just wow!! I am wondering what makes him want to do it.

I love Bae Sung Woo, but I think it's a good decision. I hope all the best for Delayed Justice. This drama is so heartwarming.

I think Jeong Wu-Seong and Lee Jeong-Jae own a talent agency together and Bae Seong-Wu is one of their clients. So I think this is an attempt by them to try and protect one of their own and try to save the project and the other actors and staff members.

I have no objection to this, by the way. DUI is not okay and I hope he gets treatment and learns a lesson. But I hope this is not the end of his career.

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Delayed Justice, 날아라 개천용