Quantcast

Tyvm for tagging me @Lmangla.

TBH, at first I wasn't interested in this drama. A few days ago I was surfing the channels and stumbled upon this drama ; I only watched a couple of scenes ; e.g. the one when Mayor Kang bullied Park Sam Soo (who was assigned to interview him by his ambitious boss) and the one when the three wrongfully accused men begged Park Tae Yong to represent them for a retrial. I thought that this is just ordinary power-corrupt-office drama. Moreover in that channel, this drama is titled Fly River Dragon (which was quite uninspiring for a noob like me:sweat_smile:).

Then I read the description and the synopsis. The fact that this drama is based on true story intrigued me. So I gave it a try for 3rd and 4th episodes. Wow, turned out it's more than the usual zero to hero trope or legal drama. 

It's also depicting David vs Goliath-style  battle, the blatant power abuse and manipulation by law enforcers from the basic to highest levels, that the case the Park duo is fighting for and their efforts seem hopeless against all odds. Considering that this story is based on real events, it is quite disconcerting for me ; imagining that even if only some portions of what are depicted in the drama really happened IRL, that's so horrible.

However the bleakness of their predicament is tempered by the warm and realistic portrayal of each main characters' background, personality and their interactions ; sometimes these things lead to hilarious and comical moments that lighten the atmosphere of the drama.

One more thing, (I will confess first that I haven't watched first and second episodes properly and even missed some scenes in 3rd and 4th ones).

Is Park Tae Yong really married with kids? Is that really his wife and kids that currently live with him?

Because he seems smitten and sometimes quite flirtatious with Yoo Kyung.

I will try to keep watching this drama, if my situation allows. Because frankly speaking, I'm also lagging behind and have to catch up  with Money Flower rewatch event (mianhae, fellow Money Flowerers:please:). So....we'll see. 

See you all in next episodes (hopefully):blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ooh, this is really interesting and now I want to check out the drama. normally, just the tag 'based on real life events' means we are in for a ride of tears even if it is supposed to be uplifting. so

so got around to watching ep 1 and I like it! PDnim has been very serious about putting together a plucky, uplifting drama even as it centers around rather depressing themes. what I liked about the ch

Note: the woman Tae-Yong is living with is his younger sister Seon-Min who is a widow with two young children. Her husband died in an accident.   Just wanted to point out, regarding the Samj

1 minute ago, croquembouche2018 said:

Is Park Tae Yong really married with kids? Is that really his wife and kids that currently live with him?

Because he seems smitten and sometimes quite flirtatious with Yoo Kyung.

I think it is his sister's kids but not too sure. yet to catch ep 4. he also has a half brother who is studying for university and so it is quite possible that the two kids are also some sort of half siblings as his father seemed to have other women...

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I think it is his sister's kids but not too sure. yet to catch ep 4. he also has a half brother who is studying for university and so it is quite possible that the two kids are also some sort of half siblings as his father seemed to have other women...

IKR? 

The real identity of the woman living with him is not clear yet for me.

They talked about the mundane household stuff like rent, deposit money etc. But they never use any distinguishing words yet;  like noona or yeobo or whatever while addressing each other.

I really hope it's really his sister and the kids are his siblings/nephew/niece.

This drama is not melodrama or romance-centered, I know it will focuse on legal processions and investigations not on romantic relationships.

Still I'm not really keen on watching extramarital affair twist.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, croquembouche2018 said:

This drama is not melodrama or romance-centered, I know it will focuse on legal processions and investigations not on romantic relationships.

in the press conference article, the PD said he wanted to create a cheerful upbeat drama that lifts spirit of viewers and will give viewers an optimistic feeling that things can be good. so given that attitude of PD and that it is based on real life person who have good reputation, don't think we will see a twist of an affair. more likely, it is some sort of sibling or cousin type relationship....

• Like 5
On 11/9/2020 at 10:07 AM, croquembouche2018 said:

IKR? 

The real identity of the woman living with him is not clear yet for me.

They talked about the mundane household stuff like rent, deposit money etc. But they never use any distinguishing words yet;  like noona or yeobo or whatever while addressing each other.

I really hope it's really his sister and the kids are his siblings/nephew/niece.

She is his sister.

Tae-Yong lives with his younger brother Tae-Seong (studying for his college exam), younger sister, and her two children. So the two kids are his nephew and niece.

It's very sweet how he takes care of all of them.

--

So this is a really good show, so far. I have never seen any previous Kwan Sang-Woo show before, but he's pretty great here. And Bae Seong-Woo is a major powerhouse actor.

It's apparently a true story, and the script was written by the character Sam-Su is based on, which is pretty cool. (His name is Park Sang-Gyu.)

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437797wpp/son-tae-young-shares-update-on-husband-kwon-sang-woo-after-his-surgery

Get well really soon Kwon Sang Woo:kiss_wink:

I feel bad for him, considering there are scenes where he must take the stairs like when he is searching for Kim Won Bok's address.

BTW I read somewhere that 6th episode is not aired this week due to football game?

Oh well....

• Like 5

I am really enjoying this show. The actors are spot-on. The main two are great, but everyone else is awesome too.

It is also really funny. But it is also really... depressing. All this domestic abuse and the damage it causes is just terrible to see. At least the funny parts are very funny... but wow, the sad parts are just absolutely wrenching.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

It is also really funny. But it is also really... depressing. All this domestic abuse and the damage it causes is just terrible to see. At least the funny parts are very funny... but wow, the sad parts are just absolutely wrenching.

so true. two extremes all squished together.  the sob stories were really sad but then you have sam soon turning this around into an article of tears where he makes money. he even makes his grumpy future father-in-law cry. that was funny. kekeke... but then this same article convicts the real culprits that one ends up taking his life and another is so guilty that he is barely holding on. what was sad is that these culprits could have served their time but because of the crooked system, they were sent away. however, justice seems to have a long arm in that their freedom comes at a personal cost where they are racked by guilt and fear. interesting take on the system. am still not sure why the system decided to randomly blame it on 3 guys -- it wasn't like these 3 culprits were of any importance....

didn't expect the tall culprit to actually own up after the pressure from prosecutor jang but like he said, he was screwed if he told the truth and also if he told a lie. ultimately, it is his mom who wants him to live freely without the burden of guilt that really convinces him to move ahead even though he will be separated from his wife and son.

when tae young tells reporter lee that it is his sister's kids, she looked so delighted. found it sweet that he acknowledges the efforts of the mom of his half-brother who also supported monetarily the best she could. complex family but somehow they are all in it together. so is the sister a single mom?

so what's ahead in ep 6 -- are they going to go after all those involved in the cover-up?

• Like 5

Note: the woman Tae-Yong is living with is his younger sister Seon-Min who is a widow with two young children. Her husband died in an accident.

Just wanted to point out, regarding the Samjeong City case and Sang-Hyeon:

1. The police officer testified that Sang-Hyeon wrote the confession himself, with no intervention. So allegedly, Sang-Hyeon could read and write.

2. Prosecutor Jang Yun-Seok testified that he couldn't coach Sang-Hyeon to say that he killed that woman because Sang-Hyeon could not read or write.

Cheol-Gyu's testimony was a slam dunk for the case, so this shouldn't matter, but I just thought Tae-Yong should have pointed out how both people's testimony couldn't be true.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

I'm a huge fan of legal drama so this one caught my attention and so far this drama is so GOOD. Such a shame it isn't popular thus very underrated. What a perfect combination of laughter and tears, funny yet heartwarming. It got strong main casts too, their interaction are awesome. Though I'm not anticipating loveline I lowkey ship Tae Yong and Yoo Kyung.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

That male reporter can't seem to decide what he wants to do. Also, he's loud. He's always shouting. Accordingly, he's a good reporter and writes really well. If he's that good, how come he doesn't have money and living off his girlfriend?

However, I feel that he doesn't know much. In Ep. 5 he keeps doubting the person he was interviewing, one of the framed guys in the murder. He doesn't even know that people with disabilities have heightened senses, that one or two of their senses get more developed, such as memory, hearing, smell or taste? The man may not be able to write, but he can remember faces and odors. He can remember dates.

The man already said that he remembers everything that he has to do. So why is he frustrated? If he has better understanding of the abilities of a disabled person, he'll be more effective. Just saying...

• Like 2
On 11/4/2020 at 1:43 AM, Lmangla said:

Thanks for your tag, @Lmangla Better late than never, huh? lol.

I'm watching this drama, too, and loving it even though the pace and tightness of plot is a bit off, I feel. However, it's getting better and better by the episode. This drama is so underrated, it deserves more love. So I'm quoting all your tags in case some others, like me, missed it... (Pardon me if you've already responded to the original tagging)

:waves:  Hello everyone! Thanks to all for your thoughts and updates. 

Can't wait for more! :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

waving hello to @jadecloud; hello old friend! am not surprised in some way that this drama is underrated. the sob stories have been too much that I am dragging my feet to watch ep 6 and 7. perhaps other viewers like me are looking for a little escape and not necessarily something so heavy. plus, the thread is rather inactive and so not enough motivation to keep watching. :sweatingbullets: wonder how many chingus are watching this drama? if you are, please wave!

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Delayed Justice, 날아라 개천용 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Delayed Justice, 날아라 개천용