[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀

sugarplum892

That was quite an intense battle. Well done to Jing2's team. She picks the "pretty ones" but also competent players eheh. I like the nerdy guy; he's really cute.. 

There's more of admiring glances exchanged between the otp, as well as lil intimate touches. Yu Tu held onto Jing2 to stop her from fallin'. She's like a child it's cute actually LoL. 

I see a lot of hesitance & doubt on Yu Tu in ep. 13-14. He seem overwhelmed by her fame etc. He shows interest but is.. conflicted? Also comments from Guan Zai's wife may influence him a lil. 

What I enjoyed were the witty dialogue between the otp. Yu Tu's quite savage ha-ha. The charm of Gu Man's pairings is the couple are an equal match to each other. And I love how supportive they are. 

Lookin' forward to more as to see the further development of Yu Tu/Jing2's love story. It's a fresh take on a otherwise tropey plot. He's a regular guy & feels like an actual person. Not like other dramas where the male lead is unattainable. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

In ep 16 Yutu missed Jingjing more than I did.Having Yang Yang on my screen for most of the episode isn't a bad proposition at all.Yutu's ex makes another entry to win him over.What a competitive lady!She can't let Jingjing have the last laugh with being most successful in career and love.Even tries to insinuate about Jingjing manipulating her way around the entertainment industry using other means than her talent.I didn't like it and neither did Yutu.Needless to say she was shown the door curtly.

It was refreshing to see an annoyed ex-gf not being turned into a schemer of fantastic plots but take the most logical route-Leave for good.

Yutu is very sharp in solving problems at work yet majorly fumbles on the personal front.Like how it gets highlighted.

Tomorrow it will be Jing jing's turn to deal with the heartbreak courtesy Mr.Yutu.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Smart yutu simply pissed off himself as an example to defense jing jing reputation  when xia qing doubted jing jing used any short path to success in her career He shut her mouth in a nice way

• Like 7

After rewatched some episodes

I see now YT is "poor" , I missed some important details on my first watch . but all way long JJ has always been supportive, she understands him,never judges him and can always find a way to comfort him. 

When YT said he has no achievement so far, JJ said what you accomplish now is an achievement. (My heart melted) 

Total opposite with his EX on ep 16 saying "WE" who dont achieve anything. 

Btw the ending of ep 16 is so sad  

• Like 8

In Episode 16, I think Xia Qing (the ex) tried to win him back after lamenting to her friend in the bar that she can't let him go. But after she implied that Jing Jing's rise to fame in the entertainment industry was because of ... dirty/sexual favours, Yu Tu completely rejected and shut her down. I think what annoyed me most about that scene was how a capable, high wage earner like her could say that Jing Jing slept her way to the top just to push her character down in front of Yu Tu. There was zero need for that. It's not as if this doesn't happen in the corporate world either; for the sake of promotions and whatnot. Before this she was also taking shots at Jing Jing saying how her grades in school sucked. Then Yu Tu defended Jing JIng saying she graduated from University. 

I think Yu Tu himself knew that Xia Qing was deliberately saying this to him to make him feel that Jing Jing isn't suited to be his girlfriend. 

It was completely underhanded. Yet Xia Qing acted righteously after Yu Tu rejected her. She made it seem like he didn't have to worry about money anymore since he's with a celebrity so he can return to his low wage job in the aerospace industry.

She was pretty hypocritical and disgusting at the bar with her friend too. We knew she broke up with Yu Tu because of his low income, long houred job. She said she felt unfair that she had to take on financial burden with housing and kids etc (whatever happened to equality that women wanted???). If anything, the strong, mature woman was her friend. She was so DONE with Xia Qing always mooning over Yu Tu. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Dominique Lola said:

I think Yu Tu himself knew that Xia Qing was deliberately saying this to him to make him feel that Jing Jing isn't suited to be his girlfriend. 

It was completely underhanded. Yet Xia Qing acted righteously after Yu Tu rejected her. She made it seem like he wasn't gentlemanly or polite about it ...

It was almost painful to watch how desperate she was during that dinner. She kept grasping at conversation points to keep the talk going. I appreciate how unresponsive Yu Tu was though. He's very clear cut with his relationships; if they broke up they shouldn't keep having one on one dinners/meetings which can give rise to misunderstandings if either were in a different relationship. He was just sitting there silently at everything she said til she brought JJ up lol. 

• Like 6

some viewers complained about jingjing's screen time but actually if you read the novel you will understand the novel is about yutu's story from jingjing's perspective. yangyang is the best choice for yutu. can't think about another actor for this position. he and reba are really nailed their character.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, annaR said:

some viewers complained about jingjing's screen time but actually if you read the novel you will understand the novel is about yutu's story from jingjing's perspective. yangyang is the best choice for yutu. can't think about another actor for this position. he and reba are really nailed their character.

After the confession and rejection, the story follows Yu Tu and how he realizes that she's worth fighting for. Of course it's important to see his own growth otherwise it would be pretty boring to just have Jing Jing's side of view and have him suddenly pop up and confess to her. After all the pain he put her through we need to see him suffer!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

In Episode 16, I think Xia Qing (the ex) tried to win him back after lamenting to her friend in the bar that she can't let him go. But after she implied that Jing Jing's rise to fame in the entertainment industry was because of ... dirty/sexual favours, Yu Tu completely rejected and shut her down. I think what annoyed me most about that scene was how a capable, high wage earner like her could say that Jing Jing slept her way to the top just to push her character down in front of Yu Tu. There was zero need for that. It's not as if this doesn't happen in the corporate world either; for the sake of promotions and whatnot. Before this she was also taking shots at Jing Jing saying how her grades in school sucked. Then Yu Tu defended Jing JIng saying she graduated from University. 

It was completely underhanded. Yet Xia Qing acted righteously after Yu Tu rejected her. She made it seem like he didn't have to worry about money anymore since he's with a celebrity so he can return to his low wage job in the aerospace industry.

She was pretty hypocritical and disgusting at the bar with her friend too. We knew she broke up with Yu Tu because of his low income, long houred job. She said she felt unfair that she had to take on financial burden with housing and kids etc (whatever happened to equality that women wanted???). If anything, the strong, mature woman was her friend. She was so DONE with Xia Qing always mooning over Yu Tu. 

It was clear how she focused on what Yu Tu could give her and how his looks can boost her image. Xiao Ting have no substance and will never be happy, when she base her happiness on materialist things.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

After the confession and rejection, the story follows Yu Tu and how he realizes that she's worth fighting for. Of course it's important to see his own growth otherwise it would be pretty boring to just have Jing Jing's side of view and have him suddenly pop up and confess to her. After all the pain he put her through we need to see him suffer!

Thank you , I am a sucker for an authentic storyline and in this drama I am getting that.   Yu Tu's ep 16 "never occurred to me that I should return your love " to the x was priceless. With her innuendos and snake (sorry snakes) conceited /arrogant and mocking verbiage , he denied her the possession of his past and present so succulently and precisely that it left no doubt whatsoever on the future of their relationship.  Jiayou YuTu /JJ team . :thumbsup:

• Like 5

I like that the show contrasted Jing2 and XiaQing.

JJ - a big celebrity who is beautiful, rich, popular might have succumbed to the trappings of such a life i.e. competitive, vain and self-centred but is instead witty with high EQ, kind and considerate. 
XQ - a big shot in her own world who achieved success with beauty, smarts and hardwork turned out to be vain, self-centred and bitter. 

Yutu, in his youth, only saw the surface of each and did calculations and projections for his future like the straight arrow he is. Only after his encounter with XQ did he realize there was more to a relationship than data. I suppose that’s when he started to use his heart, not just his magnificent brain. It’s a good thing he reads social cues well - his EQ is pretty decent too - or he’ll be the death of me. 

I am so glad he picked up on what XQ was insinuating and told her off right away. Happy that the drama didn’t go down the reconciliation route! 

but they had to do a shower scene…keke…drama says it’s too good an opportunity to pass. 

can’t wait for the eps next week!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀