[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, littlemay said:

The ending of Episode 16..... did anyone feel like crying?  the emotions on the ending was heartbreaking. wow, Yang Yang was perfect in that scene.

I watched and re-watch that ending scene like 10 times! It was so touching, YY acted so well in that scene, i felt his pain and had that aching heart feeling. 

9 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Uh oh what they say?

I copied from the YT comments. 

EP23
Cl: youre really qjj? Shift the camera to him. I see whether he is fluttering/ lovesick now.

Jj: i don't think there is much change.

Cl: have. This expression is his typhoon level of lovesick.

Jj: typhoon level? Then I think he is abit facial paralysed (one expression for all emotions)

Jj: even though my letter box pin number and house pin number is the same, but don't you think you press everything all so smoothly (as if is his house. Lol)

Yt: next time I will try to pause for a second. Dont play too many games. Eat more starch.

Jj: what do you mean?

Yt: our brain needs nutrients to think.

Yt: jj. When I wrote this letter, yu tu hao model is right in front of me. If one day you come to my house, I'm sure you will like it alot. The model is very small. The real yu tu hao is also not very big.

Jj: i listen to you until I'm very sleepy.

Yt: then sleep early.

Jj: faster leave if not the train is gonna stop operating.

Yt: I'm staying here tonight.

EP24

Paparazzi 1: Is this guy her boyfriend?

Paparazzi 2: They're so touchy, he must be her boyfriend. They even sent her assistant away, now it's just the two of them.

QJJ: Are there people like you? Taking your blind date back home after the first meeting. 

QJJ: Hello.

CX: What's up with you? Why do you keep rejecting me? I'm just 4 stars away from Ace. Quick, I'll invite you.

YT: I'll play on your behalf. Four stars... one hour should be enough.

QJJ: It's going to be a smooth ride up the rankings if it's you!  It must be because you're not familiar with this hero. You just need a few more tries. (YT nods) (Another loss)

QJJ: CX is too much of a noob. Why don't you switch to another hero? YT: No worries, I've got it. (Another loss)

QJJ: It's so late already? I need to get back.

YT: JJ, how about you stay the night today?

QJJ: At your place? (YT smiles to himself)

QJJ: Hold it, did you just trick me?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

17&18 /32..poignant words and song .." Trying to piece together the reason for my longing ........"   . I was glad to see in 17 that Yu Tu's family now supports his choices and mama's remorse of asking him to walk her dream instead of his ...so he majored in both their dreams.  With just black and white showed down our throats , I like seeing different shades of Life being actively pursued in the You Are My Glory and for that I am grateful.  

in 18 our YT is doing data analysis of his feelings LOL but at the end its the letters written to his beloved that brings the smile to his face  and his reason for longing. 

oh o...why is her pretentious x at the party and with the type of people his family do not approve of ? ...i guess now i have to wait 4 days to find out LOL  how she deals with her x ...and why is she looking at him? 

• Like 6

EP 13-14 Review :

Spoiler

It's the Game DAY, Everyone is surprised how affluent QJJ is with the terminology of the game itself. Her Investor EX comes as a VVIP in the game to take a sneak peak at her in a malicious way. Qjj is pitted against a team with 4/5 Great players while hers consist a mix.

Lu Feng from You are my hero makes a cameo as one of the teammate. Opposition team has a player named GongSung Li and QJJ's character kills her. Why RB why do you always kill GongSung Li , my King's woman cannot ever have a HEA lol.

:crybaby:

While QJJ kicks opposition team out of game , Yu Tu Smiles like he won a 1billion RMB Lottery he is that happy. For round 2 one of the players invited on stage by QJJ is YuTu , The Mc calls "Yo Handsome guy, please do us a favor & come on stage to Play" hahaha

:hwaiting2:

QJJ reveals to the world that YT and her were classmates, this makes her agent worry that if digging is done then it will be revealed that YT rejected QJJ in school and QJJ may be termed as a meddler in YT/EX's relationship.

QJJ/YT after a very interesting round win the game , where Seeing YT smile QJJ is very happy, YT is a sad guy who never reveals his insecurities, but QJJ wont ask just tries to make him happy, but the game event has now come to an End, what is YT thinking?

YT keeps on zoning out and wonders how will he now relevant in QJJ's ever so glamorous world which has money fame love and popularity and he can offer nothing.

In a scene you can see YT is the only colorful object in JJ's black and white world but the reality in his Head is different. He is annoyed and desolated. QJJ is perceptive but is still not saying because she can't. Someone pls go and Hug YT.

:teaze:

When the game was on : Me watching you are my glory , NO effing clue what is happening , but I watch it with HAWK's eye Olympic Game round.

:wow2:

The OST has a very prominent Line here- "My Heart skips a beat, I laugh at myself, I'm moved but I'm afraid that I won't be worthy of the future you want"

Yu Tu the Firework wants to be the galaxy where Qiao JingJing the star can shine the brightest but he is afraid to Bloom. Very prominent lyrics how both them mostly Yu Tu feels. Give it a chance let yourself go maybe you can finally be happy!! :heart3:

Special mention to ReBa's huge improvement in dialog delivery here which is not at all high pitched , she is talking like herself and is not at all cringe anywhere. Yang Yang's portrayal of confusion is done very well. He is subtle but enough to show the audience the pain YT feels

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

In ep18Jingjing goes about her work in a focussed manner even as she nurses a broken heart.Not letting the people around her get perturbed..She even accepted the invitation to be an honored guest on space day knowing she might bump into Yutu.Work that helps with her career gets priority and is seperate from personal life.

Both Yutu and Jingjing have great professionalism hence shine so brightly in their respective career.

Looking forward to next week's sugary love moments.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

25 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

for the last 4 episodes, that little rover got more screen time than Reba..:sad1:

The rover had a succesful journey to Mars.Therefore it will find pride of place in dramas/movies which have have a space theme to popularize the acheivement.It should have ended on the posters along with all the characters given the importance it is getting 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, minglanfan2 said:

The rover had a succesful journey to Mars.Therefore it will find pride of place in dramas/movies which have have a space theme to popularize the acheivement.It should have ended on the posters along with all the characters given the importance it is getting 

oh I definitely get why they dedicated 4 episodes on the space program.  I just wish they had included more Reba.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minglanfan2 said:

Imagine that portion being an educational piece for eg 12 year olds ...i would have been a cosmonaut today LOL ....also like our rover, this phenomenal  achievement in 'Search of Gods' and yet we are at such early stage of curiosity .... 

3 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

In ep18Jingjing goes about her work in a focussed manner even as she nurses a broken heart.Not letting the people around her get perturbed..She even accepted the invitation to be an honored guest on space day knowing she might bump into Yutu.Work that helps with her career gets priority and is seperate from personal life.

Both Yutu and Jingjing have great professionalism hence shine so brightly in their respective career.

Looking forward to next week's sugary love moments.

I love their characters :heart:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

oh I definitely get why they dedicated 4 episodes on the space program.  I just wish they had included more Reba.

She will be the honored guest on Space day.I am guessing we will get her and the rover together in the coming episodes.It might not outshine Jingjing at that point because it's program in charge would be her official boyfriend and has to balance his attention adequately.:)

32 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Imagine that portion being an educational piece for eg 12 year olds ...i would have been a cosmonaut today LOL ....also like our rover, this phenomenal  achievement in 'Search of Gods' and yet we are at such early stage of curiosity .... 

I love their characters :heart:

If you had followed Yutu's footsteps we would have missed you on Soompi's forum. Good thing it is being telecast in 2021 and you are here.:)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I can see how affected Yu Tu was by what everyone around him was saying in Episode 18 during the phone call. It's not just money, it's time as well. Before in the hospital, Guan Zai's wife was lamenting how her husband could never spend time with her. How she always had to make excuses up for her son to explain why his dad is not around. Then the Lao Hu's wife (the elderly couple) was also reminiscing about her husband's abscence in her youth. His own mother was sick and he couldn't take enough leave to be with her. It's hard. Even though people told him that's not how love is calculated/counted, it really is when it gets to the point of divorce. If you keep fighting and fighting and crying over it. Luckily ... JJ is a celebrity who doesn't have a lot of free time herself. But if his love interest was a normal worker like Xia Qing his ex... then naturally the differences would result in fights. That's why he and JJ are a match!!! Hohohoho

It's nice the show is addressing how couples may have differences due to work life though. Adulting can be so tiring....

• Like 7

I love this drama series....as much as I loved the book.

Both leads really look the part.

I'm glad that the rich guy-poor girl trope is reversed but still workable and believable.

My heart aches for Yu Tu here. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Yinye said:

I was too busy lately and forgot about this drama but will start watching this weekend 

It's good at least you don't have to suffer while waiting for the latest episodes 

• LOL 1

16 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:
  • If you had followed Yutu's footsteps we would have missed you on Soompi's forum. Good thing it is being telecast in 2021 and you are here.:)

I love our diversity and individual takes on each episodes at Soompi forum , thank you all :)   and today on my newsfeed guess what I saw in Paris....Maria Sharapova wearing the black w white scarf jacket that JJ wore for her gaming show....what a small world  LOL  

• Like 4

Aw Yu Tu misses Jing2, and her.. him. They both look miserable tbh. I like that he's old school & sent her handwritten letters - very romantic I might add LoL. 

I hope Jing2's ex stay away. We don't need any outside influences. Took me awhile to realize that Yu Tu literally means "Jade Rabbit". Jing2 is the star in his Galaxy~

Wonder if Yu Tu get tired of hearing he's handsome all the time ha-ha? They keep mentioning it a lot. 

He should stop beating himself up on his inadequacies. Jing2 has enough money so she won't be dependent on him & she's away on film shoots for months at a time so they'd both be busy anyways. He's overthinking as is for most nerds I guess ha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5