[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀

sugarplum892

16 hours ago, linh5000 said:

@madmad min I totally agree with the make up.  RB is a pretty girl, but her make up is a total disaster.  I don't mind her lipstick, I just wish they added some coloring to her face. She looks so white, it's pale and ghostly.  

Haiyaa....Makeup is still a big issue for me, something sure is weird with the lightening setup in this show, which I can't figure out, have seen 4/8 Episodes available to me lol.

EP 3-4 Review 

Spoiler

Yu Tu agrees to teach QJJ the game, QJJ in turn lures him into meeting her by asking him to dare and fix her broken air purifier which is YuTu company's product Lol. They have their first meeting and its cute.

QJJ says she does not feel safe while she is strolling with Yu Tu , in turn he retaliates stating that should be his dialog not hers considering she is a Liuliang in YAMG world. Her cute antics make him smile but he does not let her see that.:heart3:

she explains her situation and He agrees to coach her, so QJJ appoints Yu Tu as her coach from 9 AM TO 9PM , Yu Tu who has prepped  himself by watching videos of professional tournament says he can sure teach for 12 hours , if only her hand can Bear it.

:hwaiting2:

They start playing the game together where we see that QJJ only understands logical stuff superficially and YT makes use of brains only Logically. QJJ does improve slightly but still not enough to even win a game amongst their own gang.

YT takes a leave early the third day of their meeting and turns out he had a meeting with his EX , who wonders why is YT out of the very job he left her for. The Episode ends in QJJ wondering if YT/Ex are still together somehow and Ex wondering how to make sense of YT, and YT smiling around QJJ a lot more than his own roommates/friends.

First Glimpse of Chemistry between YY/RB, its there but sure has capacity to grow 10 folds, its not on your face intense instant chemistry  but its more develop over time like their characters.

YY's eye expressiveness needs a bit more emphasis maybe, His dialogues are on point but his expressions lag behind milliseconds either RB is too expressive or he is too too subtle. I hope they achieve balance there.

Also Gina's acting was good for the 5 minutes she appeared onscreen.

Waiting for EP 5.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Currently watching Epi 9 and I have to say that their worlds are totally different from each other. If it weren't for them being schoolmates and playing the same game I don't think they'd ever meet. 

True.10 yrs is a long time and people change..she took a chance like she did in high school and trusted him.Glad the writers and director highlighted the fact twice. The girl is bold and risk taker with head on her shoulders.Maybe that's why she is the most successful one among her classmates.

• Like 2

Up to 8 ep. It's rather slow paced compared to the author's previous. No wonder I see some similarities to "Love 02O" they were from same author I had no clue obviously LoL! 

It's refreshing to have a male lead that's not a CEO for a change. And a female lead that's successful & financially independent. 

I understand Yu Tu's struggles of having to give up his dream job for something that pays the bills instead. He has aging parents & is a filial son. 

I like that despite her fame, Jing2 is humble, naive, not at all arrogant. Quite a reverse from their school days where male lead was the top student of their class, while she was just..average LoL. 

Jing2 is very cheery & supportive of Yu Tu, he seem somewhat intimidated by her success. I like the lil scenes where she flutters over the slight brush of physical contact they have eheh~

• Like 4

can't believe it's finally here!!!

Spoiler

I like how they balanced the background of each lead in the drama, because in the book they just mentioned yutu's aerospace without further explanations. usually I don't like watching episode where the lead don't have screen time together, but in ep 9 and 10 I enjoyed it because eventho yutu and jingjing didn't interact, they showed something special which is aerospace's dynamic. there's lack of sleep, problem solving, and ofc how yutu has mental war about going off or continue with his dream (anyway, I hope they will continue to explore about aerospace. It's more fun than the game)

Anw, I haven't watched yangyang's drama before (haven't finished love o2o) so I can't compare this drama to his previous dramas, but I'm sure he's really nailed his role as yutu. also, reba doesn't show overload of cuteness here. love it.

I agree with the make-up. reba is beautiful, as always, but something off with her makeup in this drama. 

so, there will be no toxic relationship and unimportant misunderstanding in this drama, right? because from 10 episodes I have watched, yutu and jingjing showed how mature they are. how understanding yutu about his parents' financial problem and how understanding jingjing about yutu's choice to leave his dream. man, she defended him in front of his teacher!! that's brave!!!

brb after i watch 11 and 12

• Like 5

I love dramas that could actually resemble some of todays  issues of home, work, health, relationships , family ..and when done in an inspirational way , we all benefit.   Overwork and quality time with family has been covered in many dramas, so what makes this one come out close to the top.  

Our genius workaholic  YT and extremely successful JJ are doing their best,  while at the same time I see them cautiously following their :heart:  and keeping each other in the orbit of their life ... I just wish that JJ let him sleep a bit more LOL   

up to ep12/32  I like the human beings in this drama , from her manager and her family to his co workers and their families....and that offer of food when someone is a caregiver i praise to the moon and back. 

...and did I mention, my god YY is really gorgeous LOL 

• Like 4

Jing jing and Yutu are quite in sync with each other.So comfortable that reserved Yutu opens up about his struggle to her instead of people who have been around him for years.He really has a poor judgement on how to proceed in the matter of his heart.His high IQ just gives  a completely error prone formula on how to go about it.

The ex shaking his confidence about having the ability in being  a good partner to the one he cares for doesn't help either.

Gearing up next week for the break up which would come even before they can become a couple.The good news Yutu's EQ will see some jumps to knock sense on how to conduct the affairs of the heart.

Looking forward to the schoolmates not yet soulmates journey forward next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EP 5 -6 Review : 10x times better than First 4 EPISODES.

Spoiler

Story finally picks up, EX leaves because she can't get through YuTu's mind and wonders why was he so confident about the question she put forward regarding JingJing a Celeb now?

Yu Tu has a reunion party with his classmates , where one of his brash classmates ends up reprimanding YT about his choice to switch job this LATE in life. JJs assistant happens to be at same place and complains the same to her.JJ ends up sending a bottle of wine and Free expensive food to their table making sure that the waiters mention that the OWNER of the restaurant sent those for free as a goodwill gesture from Ms Qiao to Yu Laoshi.YT finds it amusing and takes the bottle away and leaves & asks rest to enjoy the reunion instead lol. :hwaiting2:

YT/JJ end up having wine where she is counting the calorie in the wine and YT just needs to recollect himself , the result is him watching her which calms his soul. Here point to note is JJ is very perceptive, she could see YT was not in the right place inside his mind so she explains her Game progress in a very animated manner and YT's mind just lights up which was being dimmed by his real life miseries. The scene and BGM (Opening OST) was such a wonderful scene. :fullofhearts:

YT after that day (indicating some time has passed )brings breakfast over to JJ keeping in mind the additive calorie while JJ is happy that he and Ex broke up long back hahaha. JJ asks for a day's leave as she has to perform at Double 11 event but asks YT to watch that. yT asks her to msg him when she starts performing as a respect to teacher and she isn't amused Lol. YT meets his roommate who questions him why is he away most of the day and Who is Cotton like 10x times when YT replies she is his former classmate. Roomy is confused by his irrational behavior.

At event gap JJ/YT end up playing game with another CP and a single guy , the parallelism is fun, For YT JJ is somehow acting as a panacea , for JJ the friend she wanted to know better, she isn't romantically going there as of now. Meanwhile JJ's agent wonder who is her coach and how is he way better than her husband at teaching and playing KOG. 

Ep ends with JJ wanting to hang out with JJ while he wonders out Loud if he said yes she really would without any shame.#awakwardlycute Lol.:dorashakes:

Impression : RB and YY's Chemistry works and its soothing , mainly when YY has this wonder look towards RB's character, JJ is the narcissistic one and YT is very relatable. JJ likes flashy things and YT loves logic , both need the balance they lack.

+point to dialog writer , my fav punchlines were when YT says he appreciates the art she made on the Latte but he does not know what it was , also when YTs friend says His Talent is his Handsome face because YT is broody or appears so mostly but YT is very layered as a character. More interested in how he reveals himself.

CONS: Cdrama and cliché Idol troop, JJ was having heart palpitations while YT was just navigating the selections on her mobile phone from a 10 m distance , How absurd.!!! Their Subtle romance is done so good why insert STOOOPID Stuff to ruin those??

:kicks:

Please Please Continue the Charming Subtle Romance or Let YT do his thing, I don't like JJ's rabbit love imaginations lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, madmad min said:

EP 5 -6 Review : 10x times better than First 4 EPISODES.

Reveal hidden contents

Story finally picks up, EX leaves because she can't get through YuTu's mind and wonders why was he so confident about the question she put forward regarding JingJing a Celeb now?

Yu Tu has a reunion party with his classmates , where one of his brash classmates ends up reprimanding YT about his choice to switch job this LATE in life. JJs assistant happens to be at same place and complains the same to her.JJ ends up sending a bottle of wine and Free expensive food to their table making sure that the waiters mention that the OWNER of the restaurant sent those for free as a goodwill gesture from Ms Qiao to Yu Laoshi.YT finds it amusing and takes the bottle away and leaves & asks rest to enjoy the reunion instead lol. :hwaiting2:

YT/JJ end up having wine where she is counting the calorie in the wine and YT just needs to recollect himself , the result is him watching her which calms his soul. Here point to note is JJ is very perceptive, she could see YT was not in the right place inside his mind so she explains her Game progress in a very animated manner and YT's mind just lights up which was being dimmed by his real life miseries. The scene and BGM (Opening OST) was such a wonderful scene. :fullofhearts:

YT after that day (indicating some time has passed )brings breakfast over to JJ keeping in mind the additive calorie while JJ is happy that he and Ex broke up long back hahaha. JJ asks for a day's leave as she has to perform at Double 11 event but asks YT to watch that. yT asks her to msg him when she starts performing as a respect to teacher and she isn't amused Lol. YT meets his roommate who questions him why is he away most of the day and Who is Cotton like 10x times when YT replies she is his former classmate. Roomy is confused by his irrational behavior.

At event gap JJ/YT end up playing game with another CP and a single guy , the parallelism is fun, For YT JJ is somehow acting as a panacea , for JJ the friend she wanted to know better, she isn't romantically going there as of now. Meanwhile JJ's agent wonder who is her coach and how is he way better than her husband at teaching and playing KOG. 

Ep ends with JJ wanting to hang out with JJ while he wonders out Loud if he said yes she really would without any shame.#awakwardlycute Lol.:dorashakes:

Impression : RB and YY's Chemistry works and its soothing , mainly when YY has this wonder look towards RB's character, JJ is the narcissistic one and YT is very relatable. JJ likes flashy things and YT loves logic , both need the balance they lack.

+point to dialog writer , my fav punchlines were when YT says he appreciates the art she made on the Latte but he does not know what it was , also when YTs friend says His Talent is his Handsome face because YT is broody or appears so mostly but YT is very layered as a character. More interested in how he reveals himself.

CONS: Cdrama and cliché Idol troop, JJ was having heart palpitations while YT was just navigating the selections on her mobile phone from a 10 m distance , How absurd.!!! Their Subtle romance is done so good why insert STOOOPID Stuff to ruin those??

:kicks:

Please Please Continue the Charming Subtle Romance or Let YT do his thing, I don't like JJ's rabbit love imaginations lol.

I think they are trying to cater to all kind of romance drama fans.Like the multiple flavors in an icecream shop you will get 1 scoop of the kind you like the most.:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I do like the maturity in their relationship.  She knows what she wants and he figures out quickly that he likes her.  There won't be any misunderstanding

Spoiler

He has his hesitation but I like that it isn't because she is a celebrity and makes more money than him.  Due to his job, he just can't give her a stability like a normal couple. 

A couple things I don't like about YT. 1) Can the guy have a different outfit?  What is with all the black?  We saw his closet, we know he owns other neutral colors.  He seems so emo with the black.   2) Can we give YY more dialogues?  He's always contemplating and brooding.  His lines are quite short.  In the book, we don't hear from him much either (because it's mainly written from QJJ's POV), but I was hoping the screen writer would give him more fillers in the drama. NOPE!  He has such a soothing voice. I would love to hear more...

Next week will probably be a bit of angst...:crybaby:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I love YY and RB.

They really suit the good looking characters from the book.

Spoiler

My beef with epis 11 and 12 is that it focused too much on the sick friend. I mean 2 epis of the sick friend? I understand that the drama is showing Yu Tu the difficulties of having a relationship but 2 epis is a bit too much for me personally. It felt like filler which I wish could have gone to more screen time of YT and QJJ. 

Anyway, I love the characters so much which is why I feel like they do not spend too much time together. Can't wait for the times they spend with each other. 

Forgive me friends for the short rant. I am still watching with high hopes and much love for this drama. 

• Like 4

This morning I read that this week .....  Solar winds have caused a crack in our planet's  magnetic field..Earth's magnetic field is vital to life on our planet, as it protects the ozone layer from cosmic rays and harmful radiation. According to the outlet, space weather forecasters recently estimated that the speed of solar winds reached 400 kilometres per second as they battered the Earth.

so Yu Tu I am very glad :thumbsup:that you have decided to stay on as aerospace engineer :star:

• Like 2

I shot through all 12 eps this week…it’s been fun! I am watching it for certain scenes and the actors now that I know the story from reading the novel. I thought I might be bored but nope though it got more interesting from the middle bit when YT started to somewhat enjoy teaching JJ the game. He’s so stoic and frustrating to read but JJ does a good job of it. 
I like the moments where YT’s vulnerabilities show and he knowingly lets them do so in front of JJ - she’s gotten through that stone facade somehow. 

like someone said earlier, YT’s struggles are real. But it’s probably rare to have that superb level of intelligence and the Greek god outer shell combi - only in dramas…:) he is also holding in quite a bit - can’t wait for the fireworks. 
JJ is too cute in the way she knows exactly what to say to give comfort. Coquettish too though very demure. 

I’m getting some love020 vibes from YangYang…but without the stiffness in posture. 

• Like 3

so every thursday to sunday they will keep release the bts?:joy:

no complain from me. every posts from them always become trending topic on weibo, so it's a good marketing to keep the fire. however,

Spoiler

they showed too much of yutu's close friend's problem. i know it is to explain more about yutu's action to jingjing later and his struggling, but come on. 2 episodes for them, really?

everyone keeps saying yutu reminds them of love o2o. seems like i should continue that drama after YAMG.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, annaR said:

everyone keeps saying yutu reminds them of love o2o. seems like i should continue that drama after YAMG.

If you haven’t yet watched love020, please do. It’s well-received for a reason :)

YangYang there is similar to his character here - intelligent, driven and suave. Also cold and distant until he is not. Although YuTu is less privileged and takes more hits than the other character, him in love looks to be similar. We’ll see!

• Like 1