[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Glory 你是我的光耀

sugarplum892

EP 15 - 16 

Spoiler

Yu Tu tells QJJ he will leave for work next day and he wont be able to gift her the birthday present nor play the ultimate game. QJJ again after contemplation takes the risk and asks him that would he date her. YT Rejects ;she says, "I won't ask you again" then leaves.

:crybaby:

YT has gone viral on weibo his friends come to know that he played in a KOG event and helped QJJ all this time, When his roommate probes, YT says : "We will NEVER meet her again!"

:fear:

There are very small details here, after QJJ got re - rejected by YT , she removes her Jade Rabbit Earrings, Yu Tu literally means Jade Rabbit, that hurted. YT got chastised by his teacher for saying he isn't at the level of QJJ and can never be in terms of money  and fame. But being an Aerospace Engineer is a matter of Pride. The next half shows the Aerospace stuff, too much.

YT's ex watches the video of YT/QJJ goes on a drinking train and we get to know how she hates QJJ because she was dumb and prettier and yet Turned out the most successful now is a potential Love Rival for the guy who she has never moved on from. Ex broke up because Because else she would have had to pay for House and Child expense , as YT's job has High social status but no Money. She even dated later but still is pissed that YT may have gotten someone else but now more successful than Her, she declares SHE CAN WIn YT back.

:idk:

(Ex here is replaying her Real life experience just the protagonist changed). EX manages to get address of CATC and waits for YT for nearly 8 hours at a coffee shop .

There is a dialog exchange between YT/EX full of sexual tension , had there been an ALT universe this CP would be spicy no Kidding there. EX implies that QJJ with a cheap education managed to be the Top Star in a dirty industry by sleeping around. YT politely says to her Please go away.

:kicks:

YT returns home, his roommate fesses up that he gave EX his work address, YT says hopefully she wont bother anymore, then roomy decides to badmouth about JJ that she is a celeb now she obviously wont play the KOG with them.

YT enquires about QJJ game status, roomy says that she hasn't played a single one after the event. YT Finally Breaks down and says "I made her upset that's why she left QJJ isn't a bad girl though"

This NEVER word should be banned in cdramas, BANE of my existence , first Ashes Of Love then YAMG...like SERIOUSLY PRONTO!!!

Problem with the show  is I feel it overdoes this space and Game stuff, Like maybe keep it low. Reba was there for legit 7 minutes in a 70 minute 2 episodes this time. I mean I get the real story adaptation, it does become annoying. It did this time.

EX wait for nearly 8 HOURS !!! SHE has No work or what?

BUT I appreciate the very small details they show, YT's ears get alert when he listens to his colleagues saying they always miss their GF's bday or his senior teammate's wife and children can seldom meet him. And the Harrowing Money Issue.

Let me tell you in Asian Prospect, Money for a Man matters a lot. It's about Pride & Love not malicious but is a factor a lot more prevalent than the west. YT feels pressured for a reason!

It's not that he does not want to be with JJ but he was once made to feel useless and now he is actually feeling it in full force, because Unlike Selfish EX , JJ had always taken utmost measures to make him feel the precious Jade Diamond that she is considered by Her fans.

QJJ perspective needs to be seen after rejection now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

I am so happy , I just watched one of the trailers and our babies are going all out :star:...Earth Goddess and Sky God ...we may search for Gods in the Cosmos but its the ones whose heartbeat here on Earth that bring us joy and  give us goosebumps .

Thank you drama gods for co creating a beautiful and meaningful drama , and a big thanks do Dilireba and Yang Yang for giving me 'glorious feeling ' when watching . 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, madmad min said:

EP 15 - 16 

Hide contents

Yu Tu tells QJJ he will leave for work next day and he wont be able to gift her the birthday present nor play the ultimate game. QJJ again after contemplation takes the risk and asks him that would he date her. YT Rejects ;she says, "I won't ask you again" then leaves.

YT has gone viral on weibo his friends come to know that he played in a KOG event and helped QJJ all this time, When his roommate probes, YT says : "We will NEVER meet her again!"

:fear:

There are very small details here, after QJJ got re - rejected by YT , she removes her Jade Rabbit Earrings, Yu Tu literally means Jade Rabbit, that hurted. YT got chastised by his teacher for saying he isn't at the level of QJJ and can never be in terms of money  and fame. But being an Aerospace Engineer is a matter of Pride. The next half shows the Aerospace stuff, too much.

YT's ex watches the video of YT/QJJ goes on a drinking train and we get to know how she hates QJJ because she was dumb and prettier and yet Turned out the most successful now is a potential Love Rival for the guy who she has never moved on from. Ex broke up because Because else she would have had to pay for House and Child expense , as YT's job has High social status but no Money. She even dated later but still is pissed that YT may have gotten someone else but now more successful than Her, she declares SHE CAN WIn YT back.

:idk:

(Ex here is replaying her Real life experience just the protagonist changed). EX manages to get address of CATC and waits for YT for nearly 8 hours at a coffee shop .

There is a dialog exchange between YT/EX full of sexual tension , had there been an ALT universe this CP would be spicy no Kidding there. EX implies that QJJ with a cheap education managed to be the Top Star in a dirty industry by sleeping around. YT politely says to her Please go away.

:kicks:

YT returns home, his roommate fesses up that he gave EX his work address, YT says hopefully she wont bother anymore, then roomy decides to badmouth about JJ that she is a celeb now she obviously wont play the KOG with them.

YT enquires about QJJ game status, roomy says that she hasn't played a single one after the event. YT Finally Breaks down and says "I made her upset that's why she left QJJ isn't a bad girl though"

This NEVER word should be banned in cdramas, BANE of my existence , first Ashes Of Love then YAMG...like SERIOUSLY PRONTO!!!

Problem with the show  is I feel it overdoes this space and Game stuff, Like maybe keep it low. Reba was there for legit 7 minutes in a 70 minute 2 episodes this time. I mean I get the real story adaptation, it does become annoying. It did this time.

EX wait for nearly 8 HOURS !!! SHE has No work or what?

BUT I appreciate the very small details they show, YT's ears get alert when he listens to his colleagues saying they always miss their GF's bday or his senior teammate's wife and children can seldom meet him. And the Harrowing Money Issue.

Let me tell you in Asian Prospect, Money for a Man matters a lot. It's about Pride & Love not malicious but is a factor a lot more prevalent than the west. YT feels pressured for a reason!

It's not that he does not want to be with JJ but he was once made to feel useless and now he is actually feeling it in full force, because Unlike Selfish EX , JJ had always taken utmost measures to make him feel the precious Jade Diamond that she is considered by Her fans.

QJJ perspective needs to be seen after rejection now.

Actually i think the ex only waited for 2hrs and it was on a Saturday/weekend. 

I do not mind that Reba was not in the 2 episodes as it set the stage for the importance of YT's work. But i can understand as fans, it's frustrating to not see your idol on screen when they are the leads. I'm sure in the next 6-8 episodes it will be full of Reba and YY! I can barely wait for all the lovey dovey scenes. So far, I'm most touched by the last scene of ep 16 when YT explained to bestie that he had made JJ angry and that is why she has not appeared. His pain was so well acted. 

The realism of the show at the current moment is what makes it special..... it's not all fluff. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

JJ angry and that is why she has not appeared. His pain was so well acted. 

yes he acted pretty well that scenes i re watched episode 17 for 3 times  When he read his past QQ  messages on  his old pc Somehow he just realized jing jing was the one who's most understand and support him since a long time ago  And he recalled back all the conversations he with jing jing  in the past 2 months Yutu was full of regretful and heart ashed

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

"China's Mars rover #Zhurong has traveled more than 800 meters on the surface of the red planet as of Friday" ....now that I know how much effort went into their creation (and for our YuTu)  , my eye automatically picks up on the current cosmo news LOL   

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sannie said:

The realism of the show at the current moment is what makes it special..... it's not all fluff

I agree here, I wont call it realism but its for sure not cutesy Cringe Yes. 

EP 17 - 18 Review.

YT goes home for New Year celebration, meanwhile JJ accepts an invite to Space Station event. Her personal life has nothing to do with professional work. YT at homes opens his old QQ account and while reading messages discovers JJ was the one who always encouraged him.

YT is sad mad and misses JJ. He returns to work where he and other staff are on site to test a Rover. Awesome cinematography. There one of his colleagues discovers that YT is hearing voice of a girl & assumes he has a GF, everyone keeps pestering to reveal it, but in vain....

YT keeps on thinking JJ's words "But You are the rabbit who has seen the most stars" Refer to a Legend of Jade Moon Rabbit:

The story of the jade rabbit goes like this: one day the rabbit together with other animals, driven by the desire to do good, decided to get food for an old traveler .The rabbit was the only one who could not find food, so he proposed himself as a dish and launched himself into the flames. But Chang’e, the moon Goddess struck by the courage and noble heart of the little rabbit, saved him and took him with her to the moon.

It is said that when the Moon is full, if you look at it well, you can see the image of Cheng’e and Yu Tu.

Their mission rover is called YuTu 2, in honour of the pure and agile figure of the jade rabbit. So YT has seen the most stars!!

When YT's friend Guazai asks why isn't he with QJJ, YT says he doesn't have enough to provide for her, not even Time. YT finally decides to write journal letters to QJJ and posts them. Meanwhile ep ends with QJJ and EX at an After party of an event and zoom shot.

I loved the cinematography and the sadness transition here. But again as I said for me personally it's either too much Game stuff or Too much Space stuff, it could have been largely reduced. It's been 3+ episodes of YT simping over, which could be fast forward.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 8/5/2021 at 12:07 AM, jadore1 said:

oh o...why is her pretentious x at the party and with the type of people his family do not approve of ? ...i guess now i have to wait 4 days to find out LOL  how she deals with her x ...and why is she looking at him? 

wasn't her EX some sort of Finance Big Wig? and also one of the VVIPs of the JJ's next drama? I guess he is an Investor then to JJ's next show.

• Thanks 1

I just watched the first 5 episodes and it is cute. The pacing is a bit slow and man you can tell re sponsors and the game promotions lol. As a gamer myself, I don’t mind the game as part of the plot and liked the set-up of why she had to play the game etc. It was realistic but I can already tell that the script won’t be tight. I do like the sweet friendship between the leads - it is a good foundation. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yinye said:

I just watched the first 5 episodes and it is cute. The pacing is a bit slow and man you can tell re sponsors and the game promotions lol. As a gamer myself, I don’t mind the game as part of the plot and liked the set-up of why she had to play the game etc. It was realistic but I can already tell that the script won’t be tight. I do like the sweet friendship between the leads - it is a good foundation. 

Actually this story is base on the novel  你是我的荣耀; 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

@LeeN yes I am aware; most dramas don’t do the novels justice because of various changes. Do fans of this novel find it to be a good adaptation? I didn’t go looking because I don’t want spoilers etc 

its a great adaption since the writer of the book is the screenwriter of the drama there isn't that much difference between the 2 just like in love o2o (same author) the book is basically the drama so if you don't want to be spoiled don't look at anything about the book a lot of stuff is the same word for word 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yinye said:

@LeeN yes I am aware; most dramas don’t do the novels justice because of various changes. Do fans of this novel find it to be a good adaptation? I didn’t go looking because I don’t want spoilers etc 

Yes, I find that it really sticks to the novel most of the time or all the time. I loved the novel.

• Thanks 1

While waiting till Monday, I rewatch past episodes! 

Now I know why I like this show so much, I am loving their cute awkward moments without  being cringey at all! 

Uh oh en Ep 6 most awkward moment for me 

When Jinjing causally said on single day : how nice If I could hang out with you

Yu tu legit said : If I were to take you with me, were you brave enough to come? 

I was like :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yes, I find that it really sticks to the novel most of the time or all the time. I loved the novel.

Apparently the script writer is the same person as the novelist, which explains why it sticks closely to the novel.

• Like 5

On 8/6/2021 at 7:44 AM, madmad min said:

They adapted it so that Reba isn't the main character of this show. The main couple is forefront. Since we got a lot of Reba in the first half, now we will get YY in the next few episodes. Then they will go back to having equal screen time as an established couple in the last third of the show and we get cute couple fluff! 

I think haven't such clear arcs are good considering a lot of other shows are all over the place. Especially those where people write extra lines and whole story plots for specific actors or actresses because of investment. Pillow Book's JiHeng in Reba's previous drama for example ( I know the actress had the rights though, just as an example ). 

Besides, with China's emphasis on aerospace development, they might approve shows a whole lot faster if they butter up the government's successs. Less censorship and all. It isn't unheard of for the government to target shows after they air to make them censor even more after certain things receive public attention. Overtly lewd lines or territory maps with Taiwan/HK etc. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

So I binged yesterday while I did my Sunday chores and I am caught up! I agree with fans that the ‘realism’ of OTP’s careers and how their relationship is developing are this drama’s strong points. I didn’t mind and I found it interesting due to my interest in space exploration anyways - it’s refreshing since we usually don’t get a ML with this type of career lol. I do look forward for when our OTP finally have the heart to hear talk. They both have skirted around the issues and always not the right time. I am glad JJ walked away after asking YT and getting rejected again - because it is on him to sort himself out. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1