Dai Lu Wa as Chu Ge
Song Yan Fei

Shao Bing
Wang Qiang as King
Liu Shuai Liang as Xu Wei
Zhu Jun Lin as Wang Kai
Huang De Yi as A Ming

Synopsis:

2019, Lu Xiaobei aspires to be an esports athlete, but because of an accident failed to qualify for the profession. 2008, seasoned esports athlete Xiao Feng is struggling hard to maintain his own team amidst various challenges.

A chanced encounter allows both of them to meet in a map of the game. The two of them then form a friendship and help each other achieve their dreams. Just when they are about to achieve their goals, an unexpected accident silently occurs.

(Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Cross Fire 穿越火线 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai l @Lynne

It has already started. So far it's pretty interesting. Curious to know what happened to XiaoFeng in present world and why the guy is determined not to hire Lu Xiaobei and also ruin any chances for Lu XiaoBei to be hired by other agencies. 

The guy who run the agency looks like XiaoFeng's best buddy.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Cross Fire 穿越火线

For international watcher, this drama is airing in WeTV and as usual on Tencent Youtube later on. :)

I've seen the english trailer on WeTV app.. and I gotta say.. the drama screams Youth so much that I absolutely love it. 

Will check it out when it have more episodes.  

Anyway.. here's another trailer which I also really like..  but no subs.. lols...  

I binged about 6 episodes of this few days ago with my brother. I'm so impressed with how well the CG blended in with the live action, the maps for Cross Fire is apparently exact copy, the game itself is very similar to Counter-strike. I'm not huge on shooters in general, especially first person ones, but I was super surprised and impressed by lot of details, like first person angle shot or very game like sort of janky walking movement. 

I've never seen Lu Han act before, and my previous impression of his image is very different from his character here, it worked surprisingly well, so props to him. Wu Lei screams youth with just his looks and enthusiasm, and I'm pretty glad that his character also have bit more depth/complexity to it due to him being disabled (?) and somewhat suffering from survivor's guilt. I rather like the contrast between the two time period, it's incredible how fast esport industry developed in a decade. I'll always marvel at the technological change even though I technically lived through it, but it's always slightly bizzare looking back. The BS technobabble they conjured up for connecting the two leads is hilarious, I'm super curious how it'll develop as the story goes.

@angelangie I'm not into esports drama either, but this one is really well made. I'm particularly impressed with the tone (like someone has mentioned, viewers can tell which story takes place in which timezone based on the color/tone of the arc), and the art direction. Lu Han's character doesn't come from a well-off family, and his house is stylized in shambles and looks run down. I like the character writings so far, they seem multidimensional and so far are quite likeable despite their flaws.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:26 AM, skibbies said:

I binged about 6 episodes of this few days ago with my brother. I'm so impressed with how well the CG blended in with the live action, the maps for Cross Fire is apparently exact copy, the game itself is very similar to Counter-strike. I'm not huge on shooters in general, especially first person ones, but I was super surprised and impressed by lot of details, like first person angle shot or very game like sort of janky walking movement. 

I've never seen Lu Han act before, and my previous impression of his image is very different from his character here, it worked surprisingly well, so props to him. Wu Lei screams youth with just his looks and enthusiasm, and I'm pretty glad that his character also have bit more depth/complexity to it due to him being disabled (?) and somewhat suffering from survivor's guilt. I rather like the contrast between the two time period, it's incredible how fast esport industry developed in a decade. I'll always marvel at the technological change even though I technically lived through it, but it's always slightly bizzare looking back. The BS technobabble they conjured up for connecting the two leads is hilarious, I'm super curious how it'll develop as the story goes.

I am not a big gaming fan, but I came here to see Wu Lei/Leo and Lu Han. The last drama that I saw Lu Han in was Fighter of Destiny where I find him prettier than the female lead.  I was not too impressed with his acting though.  BUT he improved 100% in this drama. His styling really helps me to focus on his acting skills. 

Wu Lei/Leo is really good at being fierce.  So I love all of the fight scenes and CGI.  Too bad that his performances will always be compared to FeiLu in Nirvana in Fire, which is his breakout role at 15 years old.

The director also has experience with script writing. So this drama is really good. I hope that it does not fizzle out like most Chinese modern dramas at the end.

Avenue X on Youtube even said that if this drama can maintain the pace, then it could be a Summer hit like The Untamed.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finished the drama, it's absolutely excellent, probably my current favourite esport/gaming drama. The general consensus is that 08 line is better written, plotted and acted, and I absolutely agree. 19 can be bit all over the place at times, both due to editing (you see bits of char A's story, then you see bits of char B's story) and also due to how it's written. 08 is far more down to earth and relatable, it's definitely easier to root for underdog, when they are not just against their rivals, but also against society's prejudice and against terrible circumstances that might not let them play. It was just a lot of nostalgia and memories that the production team clearly put a lot of thought and love in, it's like watching a lovingly made montage of the past that the team created. On the other hand, 19 can be rather lofty at times, even with better environments. For significant amount of time, 19 team played like a amateur team rather than a pro team, it fits how they came together and fit where they were at the time, but contrast between two teams lot more apparent. Anyways, that said, when it did come together, everything came together really nicely, lot better than I expected. I still have issues with 19 team in second half, specifically 

Spoiler

Wang Kai's unnecessary quitting, it's meant to develop him, I'm guessing, but it seems rather wasted to me, and I'm not huge on forgiving that betrayal. They also under-utilise new team members that joined, but I know it's cos it's near climax and they have multiple other things to focus on, but I rather liked them, so it's such a shame.

But I think it's relatively minor issue on the grand scheme of things.

There's bit of mystery to begin with, with communicating across timelines, and then trying to confirm each other's identity and what they were doing, then utilising the connection to their advantage, I really enjoyed it to be honest. Some of the later bits can be rather thriller-like, and iirc the production team actually had a thriller trailer for the second half, which I found hilarious. The humour also carriedme through a large part of the beginning, they were always rather unexpected and relatable. Character-wise, I enjoyed both protags and their respective struggles, as well as them helping each other + team camaraderie. I only enjoyed one romance out of three big ones that the drama focused on, but it's pretty minor so I'm not fussed about it. I liked most of the characters and their arcs, everyone faced different obstacles and they overcome them one by one with help of their friends, but it's not overly formulaic like King's Avatar (ILY TKA but it's true). I'm rather happy that we saw glimpses of struggles that female pro players might encounter, even though it's very much not the focus. There were bits of what current esport teams might use to help their players/current state of esport industry as a contrast to the olden days too that I found rather interesting.

A little difficult to talk about general impression without multiple spoiler tags of things I think they could have done better. So I guess I'll just say definitely highly recommended if you like team camaraderie and friendship.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Cross Fire 穿越火线

Archived