Quantcast
Jump to content

[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look back at SSH-SJH's interview on Japanese TV, we will see how actually SSH gave support to SJH in facing this interview and on the other hand SJH needed support from SSH considering this was

After seeing clips of SJH in ILA with the subs, I'm beginning to think the reason why she remains single and unattached until now is because of the kind of woman she is. She seems very independent and

Very thankful to tteokbokki couple IG for the translations. I loved seeing their easy dynamic again.  They're just so comfortable around each other.   What I noticed about this interview was

3 hours ago, Ayame said:

It isn't on youtube, but you can download the episode with English subs here: http://1004subs.blogspot.com/2017/05/life-bar-ep-20-kim-heechul-seo-jihye.html

 

EDIT: I just realized that the crying part is from Ep 21, not Ep 20. But Ep 20 is subbed if you're interested in that.

 

@Ayame I read somewhere on Twitter that she was talking about her real life experience about having to work early in life to earn since her parents couldn't support them. 

 

I saw some comments over at IG commenting on the MBC posts that SSH liked recently and almost all of them are of KHK and WDH, particularly their kisses. They can't help but speculate and I feel the same way.  And a number of them are analyzing the 2nd hospital kiss of KHK and the proposaI kiss initiated by WDH and also saying that they were all SSH and SJH ad libs.  Most of them are also saying that episodes 15 and 16 seem to be more of SSH and SJH than their characters.  I'm honestly getting this weird feeling that maybe there's already something going on between them shortly before the drama ended coz looking at their expression during those kisses, they looked so genuinely happy.

 

Aw crap!  I've become really delusional!  If it turns out that SSH and SJH are really just very good with acting and are just friends, and it gets revealed that they're actually in relationships with other people, I will swear off shipping for the rest of my life.  :headbang:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

 

@Ayame I read somewhere on Twitter that she was talking about her real life experience about having to work early in life to earn since her parents couldn't support them. 

 

I saw some comments over at IG commenting on the MBC posts that SSH liked recently and almost all of them are of KHK and WDH, particularly their kisses. They can't help but speculate and I feel the same way.  And a number of them are analyzing the 2nd hospital kiss of KHK and the proposaI kiss initiated by WDH and also saying that they were all SSH and SJH ad libs.  Most of them are also saying that episodes 15 and 16 seem to be more of SSH and SJH than their characters.  I'm honestly getting this weird feeling that maybe there's already something going on between them shortly before the drama ended coz looking at their expression during those kisses, they looked so genuinely happy.

 

Aw crap!  I've become really delusional!  If it turns out that SSH and SJH are really just very good with acting and are just friends, and it gets revealed that they're actually in relationships with other people, I will swear off shipping for the rest of my life.  

Don't give up hope. Our OTP ship will be sailing soon. You just have to believe and be positive and look at the clues pointing to the undeniable "something" that is happening to SSH and SJH and just have faith that destiny brought them together. Just like in the movies which also happens in real life sometimes. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@akhenaten I figured that's what she was talking about, but my Korean isn't fluent so I wasn't sure. And don't worry about being delusional. I think a lot of us get like that when we ship two people lol. I'm at the point where I keep watching clips of them lol:

 

(Also, a bit off topic, but your username seemed familiar to me. And I realized I remember you from the Doctors thread lol)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

Thanks to WDH she was able to do so with HK after the scene where they escaped from Keanu and Ah-Yung's meet up after they planned to leave them at the restaurant.. Maybe the scene was her idea?.. kkkkk ^^ There's a video of this in IG by tteokbbeoki_couple with their couple scenes...
These two makes my heart flutter everyday..:wub:

 Wow, I rewatched that scene in the last episode and found out, that I missed all that cuteness :wub:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@PreciousByTheBay Thank you SO much for sharing SSH's fan account and their observations of him. It warms my heart to hear that he is such a sensitive and caring soul and now more than ever before, I really hope he can find the love he seeks and settles down (it would be icing on the cake if that woman is SJH! Hehehe). Whenever I think of how cut he must have been after his last breakup, episode 10 of DM comes to my mind. On the rooftop of 2NBox, when he proclaims that he has mustered up all his courage just to confess his feelings to DH since he stopped believing in love. To me, that scene felt very much like SSH himself speaking (even if he wasn't necessarily confessing his feelings for SJH) and in the BTS I remember the director teasingly said to SSH after he rehearsed his line "I like you WDH",  "why does it sound/appear/seem like you are about to cry. Do not cry" and proceeds to give SSH a pat on his back :tears:. Also, SJH had said to him after a particular take where they stood looking at each that "Oppa, I can see that you are being awkward now". No idea what context that was, but my delulu mind is going why was he being awkward? Her big eyes/her beauty/having to profess his love when in reality his feelings were budding too?? :please:

 

I remember back during the days of 'My Princess' I used to think that he and KTH would make a good couple. There were many times you could tell he was being himself, he really enjoyed the company of KTH even if they were only acting, and it was one of those dramas that was partially sustained by their chemistry. But I watched their BTS and whilst there was certainly laughter and friendliness, KTH did not quite respond to him in the same manner SJH does, and SSH was slightly less playful (although thay could also be due to the selection of BTS scenes shown). Then I saw the IG shot of the actors from Player catching up where he took a really close shot with Krystal (and the rest) and I thought, hmmm maybe he is just really friendly (when amongst the people he likes) and easy going, so I shouldn't read too much into his interactions with SJH. But as @Phanhlee98 said, based on their interactions on the videos I posted from Lifebar on the previous page, they appear sibling-like. And I got the same vibe between him and his co-star from the previous drama (Kwangsoo's gf, sorry I forgot her name!).

So rambling aside, there is definitely mutual attraction or should I say they harbour favourable feelings towards each other :rolleyes:.

 

@akhenaten I have to give them credit for their acting (it is their profession after all. Lol), to a certain degree. But the emotion that flows naturally and the chemistry that exudes from their interactions can not be made up. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many of us supporting these 2 as a result of a drama that did not necessarily generate the greatest hype. I wouldn't worry about being delusional! It all comes with shipping as we desperately hope for the best for the couple we stan. However, I am with you that if either of them is exposed to actually be dating someone else this whole time, I would be crushed.

But (try as I might!), I guess we need to remember that meeting your other half and settling down is all about timing and priorities in life, whether it leads to anything remains to be seen. SSH has to stay hot on her tracks if he's genuinely interested that's for sure! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both SJH and SSH look happy while talking about each other in the IQIYI interview. But it's noticeable that SSH exudes so much joy and glow like he is shining brightly when he was talking about SJH and he got to see a new side of her while working together & she keeps surprising him everyday, they have great chemistry & look forward to working with her again in a different project next time maybe action movie or drama and the experience of working with her leaves a deep memory for him and he feels great. I'm happy that they both find happiness when they are with each other. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ayame did you watch "Doctors" too? I liked that drama and even thought for a time that Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye had good chemistry on and offscreen as well. But of course, I lost interest after a while. 

 

Not sure if that's how it will be with SSH and SJH as well. For now, though, there seems to a be a lot of signs and hints, especially on the part of SSH, that seems to point to something growing between them.  :)

 

@YuSanSeul I watched My Princess and even shipped SSH and KTH for a time but I got busy. Haha. And their BTS seemed more friendly than romantic, although they were cute in the drama. Funny enough, SSH was handsome in that drama but he didn't seem to be as charming and charismatic as he is now in DM. :mellow:

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

https://www.facebook.com/metrodotstyle/photos/a.332189613928061/936174086862941/?type=3  Did you ever wish for #CrashLandingOnYou’s Seo Dan (#SeoJiHye) to have a happy ending with Gu Seung-jun (#KimJungHyun)? Well you’ll love some of the early scenes in this series #DinnerMate, starring Seo Ji-hye and #Song SeungHeon. Join the Metro editors in the discussion during #MetroKDramaRoundup tonight for this food-themed romcom. We’ll talk about all the dishes they ate together, the ‘kilig’ moments, and the funny moments—and all the #CLOY references you should check out. 

July 22, 2020 tonight at 8pm Philippine Standard Time on Metro.Style Facebook Live! Send your questions and comments with the hashtag #MetroKDramaRoundup! #KFeveronMetro

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

 

https://www.facebook.com/metrodotstyle/photos/a.332189613928061/936174086862941/?type=3  Did you ever wish for #CrashLandingOnYou’s Seo Dan (#SeoJiHye) to have a happy ending with Gu Seung-jun (#KimJungHyun)? Well you’ll love some of the early scenes in this series #DinnerMate, starring Seo Ji-hye and #Song SeungHeon. Join the Metro editors in the discussion during #MetroKDramaRoundup tonight for this food-themed romcom. We’ll talk about all the dishes they ate together, the ‘kilig’ moments, and the funny moments—and all the #CLOY references you should check out. 

July 22, 2020 tonight at 8pm Philippine Standard Time on Metro.Style Facebook Live! Send your questions and comments with the hashtag #MetroKDramaRoundup! #KFeveronMetro

 

 

 

Wow all the like minded shippers and drama supporters coming together would be so exciting. And filipinos (from what I have seen and heard) are pretty passionate people too so I imagine it will be heaps of fun! Thanks for letting us know!

 

9 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@Ayame 

@YuSanSeul I watched My Princess and even shipped SSH and KTH for a time but I got busy. Haha. And their BTS seemed more friendly than romantic, although they were cute in the drama. Funny enough, SSH was handsome in that drama but he didn't seem to be as charming and charismatic as he is now in DM. :mellow:

 

 

 

Yup I thought he was really handsome back then too. Peak of his good looks? Lol. And then I felt like he aged a fair bit in DM but as I watched on I thought damn he's aging like fine wine. :smirk:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@akhenaten Most of the time, radio appearances are not subbed unless a fan decides to sub it. So we'll have to wait and see if a fan has time to sub. As far as I know, no one has decided to sub it yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ayame said:

@akhenaten Most of the time, radio appearances are not subbed unless a fan decides to sub it. So we'll have to wait and see if a fan has time to sub. As far as I know, no one has decided to sub it yet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@YuSanSeul SSH was handsome in My Princess but when I compare him to the way he is now in Dinner Mate, I feel like he has come into his own and seems to exude more charm and charisma now than he did then.  In his past works that I saw, I always got the feeling that he was self-conscious about his looks and felt that he was trying a bit too hard to maintain and project that image of a heartthrob that everyone expected of him.  All those fan service scenes that he had to do in most of them, like being shown in the shower and all that, didn't help at all.    

 

As Kim Hae-kyung, he seems to be more self-assured and quietly confident.  It's like his being handsome is just a fact of life that he's learned to live with and doesn't think too much of.  I guess that's why in some online comments that I've seen regarding his performance in DM, they say that they've never seen him exude such quiet sexual intensity and confidence.  And in DM, he just seems genuinely happy and at peace.  Maybe it's how he truly feels inside now and it came out in the way he portrayed KHK. Not surprising if he himself said that KHK's personality and character is 90% similar to his true self (maybe the 10% difference is their profession.  :) ).   

14 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

In interview SJH said that she chose that ajumma suit.  This girl, really... :loolz:

 

 

@airgelaal ah really?  No wonder she was having so much fun while trying to make him show it to his former Player cast members. That was shown in in one of the earlier BTS.  :)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

 

No wonder she was having so much fun while trying to make him show it to his former Player cast members. That was shown in in one of the earlier BTS.  :)

 

From google translate:

“I suggested the costume. But the face was so handsome that it felt like a flower pattern was buried.”

Spoiler

 “그 의상을 제가 제안했다. 그런데 얼굴이 너무 잘생겨서 꽃무늬가 묻히는 느낌이었다”고 웃었다.

 

Don't know how accurate translation is, but it's so funny :lol:

 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

In interview SJH said that she chose that ajumma suit.  This girl, really... :loolz:

 

What interview does she say? You can give me the link. I want to see her expression when she said that haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scorpion said:

What interview does she say? You can give me the link. I want to see her expression when she said that haha

I guess, she gave a big interview few days ago and now we can see different parts in different online-media. Most of them were mentioned already.

BTS photos from that interview. She is drop-dead gorgeous. And her eyes are really big. :heart2beat:

 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?memberNo=40792415&volumeNo=28857135

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...