[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

41 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@huckleberrymoonriver I cannot imagine that 2nd kiss at the hospital being an ad lib as SJH might be offended. I remember reading in the news before that something like that happened between Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho and LMH was said to have apologized as PSH was caught unaware by the kiss. I can't remember the name of the drama as I didn't watch it.

But if it was indeed an ad lib, then that will really imply that SJH isn't just comfortable with SSH as her co-star but she also trusts him implicitly not to take advantage of her.  Or it can mean the two of them have already reached THAT level of familiarity and comfort between them that such actions have become normal.  

The ONE BTS I was dying for the moment I watched episode 15 was the hospital scene but we didn't get it.

I agree that it was an ad-lib as well, but ad-libs are simply an improvision to the script (and are often added on) whilst rehearsing prior. I believe SSH devised the kisses and SJH played along, much like the blind date 'head-grabbing' scene, because there were different takes of that peck on the lips scene. 

But @akhenaten your theory that they are just so comfortable with each other that the kiss could be a spur of the moment and yet come out so natural looking would definitely work too!

What was definitely an unplanned ad-lib that the director decided to keep its original cut in the broadcasted episode was definitely after the attempted 3rd kiss when SSH commented that he drinks water in that manner (pursed lips) and SJH bursts out laughing at his random comment and comical looks. AHH, these two, I just can't! :bashful:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6G0kx7glkg

Found this on YouTube.  I hope there would be more FMVs for this couple because they're just too darned cute!

@YuSanSeul  for all we know, they're already that comfortable.  Best examples would be the exfoliator BTS when he was holding her chin while pretending to exfoliate her face (gah!  they both looked so soft in that BTS while looking at each other! like they're in their own little world).  And of course, when he fell on her neck in that ep 15 couch kiss BTS.  She really just laughed when that happened while he didn't even get off her immediately.  :heart3:   

I really hope they work together again soon.  They both said they want to do an action drama.  I would love to see them in that.  They would be so badass together.  Let it be a film.  Or if a drama, please let it be on cable and Netflix.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Aiee!! These two totally diverts my work (need to pass a progress report for doctor) in a very positive way, they give me so much break just to be updated as possible with their interactions (OTP ninjas in this forum) HAHAHA XD 

I believe I've watched SJH's ideal romantic scene during her Follow Me 8 days and definitely DH and HK performed it.. She explained it during at 9:15 of this video (she was happily describing the romantic scene like she really wanted to experience it)

Thanks to WDH she was able to do so with HK after the scene where they escaped from Keanu and Ah-Yung's meet up after they planned to leave them at the restaurant.. Maybe the scene was her idea?.. kkkkk ^^ There's a video of this in IG by tteokbbeoki_couple with their couple scenes...
These two makes my heart flutter everyday..:wub:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

For those who are interested (I remember someone asked earlier on about what SSH is like since everyone here seems to mostly focus on SJH). I've been randomly watching some videos on Youtube since there aren't many long time SSH fans here to tell us what he's like (and my general perception of him has been clouded by korean netizens who lump him together with Lee Byung Hun :huh:) and I came across a few clips of him on Life Bar during their promotion of the drama Player.

We have a long-time SSH fan among us here in this thread. I was talking to her last night and she said I could share to you what we have been talking about SSH from her perceptions as his fan. Please note that this is in no way intended to offend other fans of his', his ex or SJH fans, but more of to understand how SSH is. Corrections are welcome:

1. He's been throwing himself into work to distract himself post break-up. He looks a lot happier now  -  healed from his break-up  -  and it seems it may have something to do with SJH.

2. SSH went through the same pain as Kim Hae-kyung. As mentioned in #1, he kept himself busy to heal; that it's the first time in a long time that SSH's fans saw him at his happiest, thus far.

3. Per SSH's fan, when he is in love, he is always warm and concerned about the well-being of his girlfriend. When his ex got injured while filming and he was in the middle of a fan meeting, he wasted no time at being with her and immediately flew to see her to make sure she's okay.

4. Like KHK, SSH is a brave guy who will always protect and care for his girlfriend. He will try so hard to make the relationship work and can do things he has never done before for the lucky girl.

5. During the dating period with his ex, the two were always together. If his girlfriend were busy filming, he would go to the set and buy food for her and the filming crew.

6. SSH normally will not publicize the relationship unless detected by the media and unless he's ready to get married.

7. During their split, he received a lot of flak from Chinese netizens, with some pulling out his past scandals.

8. He's not the type who will date girls for the sake of dating. It seems his current goal is to find his life partner, to stay true to the woman and stick with her through thick or thin.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Those interviews will be the death of us.  If these two have really gotten feelings for each other, it's so adorable how they seem to be going about their courtship.  SSH is stating his intentions clearly and is in no humor to beat around the bush. Case in point: I really like you. He can't get any clearer than that. We can add the song too for good measure.  On the other hand, SJH is not exactly playing coy but keeping her cards close to her chest, so to speak. She's not being forward about her own feelings but she's not closing her doors and makes sure that's understood too.

@akhenaten I super love your interpretation of what's been happening right now! It seems like they're both at the point where they are second guessing their feelings for each other, but at the same time, making sure they're not leaving any space for regret. With her Chosun interview, it seems she's made it clear that she's not unaware that fans are talking about their potential as a couple and that she's aware of what he's been saying about her and her eyes. :)

• Like 4

@PreciousByTheBay Thanks for all the points you gathered from SSH’s longtime fan! They are all very interesting. It certainly feels like SSH himself is 90% KHK. Maybe that’s why KHK felt so real to us lol. Is SSH’s last relationship with Liu Yifei? Does anybody here know the reason why they broke up? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starrynic said:

@PreciousByTheBay Thanks for all the points you gathered from SSH’s longtime fan! They are all very interesting. It certainly feels like SSH himself is 90% KHK. Maybe that’s why KHK felt so real to us lol. Is SSH’s last relationship with Liu Yifei? Does anybody here know the reason why they broke up? 

You're welcome! Yes. His last relationship was with her. They drifted apart due to schedules (per his agency's statement), especially when she started filming for Mulan of which, according to sources, was a 2-year project.

• Thanks 1

This is another fan made MV of I'm in Love I saw on YouTube. There is a surge of their videos in YouTube made by fans. Just want to say that in the BTS videos, the staff and crew of DM look like fans too of SSH and SJH because they seem to be happily watching the interactions of our OTP. 

9 hours ago, fiona628 said:

@akhenaten, @YuSanSeul, @nyzah13, @PreciousByTheBay, @starrynic, you guys are awesome captains of our ship. 

Thank you for keeping this thread active.

I guess we just have to wait and see on what’s going to happen next to our OTP. 

That Mutual Likes

@fiona628 do you have a link of the english sub DM presscon where you got the screenshot that SJH said I really liked him? The english sub made by IQIYI DM presscon did not have that where SJH said I really liked him. Thank you!

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote image
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

@huckleberrymoonriver, It was on dinner couple’s IG account.

“I really like him” - SJH
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CApSNmAA567/?igshid=r7hrgtmd72u9

“He’s so handsome” - SJH 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAseqtRgTqB/?igshid=1pzach0s0ekrt

Our OTP is so popular in IG. With so many OTP fan based accounts. 

The official translation for Qiyi with engsub is that he is really handsome ^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpion said:

The official translation for Qiyi with engsub is that he is really handsome ^^

@Scorpion, thank you for the translation and welcome to our couple’s thread. 

I found the complete presscon on YT and this time there was a different translation where SJH said “He is so good looking”. Starts at 24:22. The host mentioned she is a fan of SJH

@huckleberrymoonriver @Scorpion I found this IG account of dee_galz. The presscon with english subs are there in 4 parts. The translations are very good. It has other subtitled BTS clips too. :)

I found his interview with the rest of the Player cast there. Krystal was teasing SSH for having said that the first thing he saw with a woman was a hot body and he qualified his answer. He also answered questions on marriage and whether he wanted to get married. I noticed he and Krystal also have a good relationship and she even calls him Oppa too.  I couldn't help but try to compare their interaction with that of SSH and SJH.   The vibe and dynamic that I get between SSH and Krystal are more similar to the kind that I have with my brothers. It's totally different from what I sense when I see SSH interact with SJH. 

I found some clips of the earlier DM BTS as well and they're longer than what's usually posted but they're not all subbed.  It's interesting to watch coz you can really see how their interaction (I don't want to use the word "relationship" yet. Heheheh.) developed and changed throughout the drama. Although even then, it was already obvious that they seemed to have hit it right off from the beginning. :)

39 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I found his interview with the rest of the Player cast there. Krystal was teasing SSH for having said that the first thing he saw with a woman was a hot body and he qualified his answer. He also answered questions on marriage and whether he wanted to get married. I noticed he and Krystal also have a good relationship and she even calls him Oppa too.  I couldn't help but try to compare their interaction with that of SSH and SJH.   The vibe and dynamic that I get between SSH and Krystal are more similar to the kind that I have with my brothers. It's totally different from what I sense when I see SSH interact with SJH. 

Maybe because of their 17 year difference that is why she is like a dongseng to SSH. Plus isn’t she dating EXO’s Kai? 

@akhenaten you can see engsub bts on ig @dinner_couple. I also agree that ssh and Krystal look like 2 brothers, it is different with ssh and sjh. In 2 last episodes, they actually like a couple. In bts ep 16, ssh said: i really like you and praised her in radio: she is pretty and has the prettiest and biggest eyes compared with all co-stars he has worked together even bigger than kim tae hee. It is obvious he really like her and he is also bold to show it. About sjh, she is conservative, and has a private life. She is usually not close with male actors in other dramas but with ssh, they are actually close, and comfortable with each other. And in the latest interview yesterday, she said she want to meet( date) a guy now, this is a sign that she really opened her heart, it's like a response to ssh 

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

@Scorpion, thank you for the translation and welcome to our couple’s thread. 

I found the complete presscon on YT and this time there was a different translation where SJH said “He is so good looking”. Starts at 24:22. The host mentioned she is a fan of SJH

That translation is most accurate because of Qiyi they bought the rights to broadcast the drama. So they will update the information correctly. It was great to join my favorite couple's chat group ^^

4 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@huckleberrymoonriver @Scorpion I found this IG account of dee_galz. The presscon with english subs are there in 4 parts. The translations are very good. It has other subtitled BTS clips too. :)

I found some clips of the earlier DM BTS as well and they're longer than what's usually posted but they're not all subbed.  It's interesting to watch coz you can really see how their interaction (I don't want to use the word "relationship" yet. Heheheh.) developed and changed throughout the drama. Although even then, it was already obvious that they seemed to have hit it right off from the beginning. :)

He and Krystal collaborated in 2018, the drama joined after he had just broken up with his ex-girlfriend "The Player". At the time, the four main actors of the drama were very close, often going out to eat together and Krystal also posted on her IG story to celebrate SSH birthday. They still have a good relationship up to now and you're right about talking about how you feel, he sees Krystal as his sister and brother. Krystal is not the type of person he likes, they are good colleagues with each other

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote video

51 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

I saw this on youtube and got curious why SJH is crying but there is no english sub. Maybe someone can translate who is also a fan of her? Thank you!

It isn't on youtube, but you can download the episode with English subs here: http://1004subs.blogspot.com/2017/05/life-bar-ep-20-kim-heechul-seo-jihye.html

EDIT: I just realized that the crying part is from Ep 21, not Ep 20. But Ep 20 is subbed if you're interested in that.