[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

SJH also didn't win. Her role was more difficult and interesting, so I'm disappointed 

9 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

I can’t anymore. 

So not being there means they will not win anything :( 

I wonder what will happen with best couple nominee. It was impossible to know results beforehand if the voting was fair.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, yappy said:

I think it’s more likely MBC treated the DM cast quite unfairly I feel - low key marketing. Very disappointed with MBC considering they have done badly this year & to not support the actors who took on dramas produced by MBC this year 2020. :(

That's right, I've read in an article that MBC provides a small budget for DM.

I appreciate Victory Content as a production company capable of making a drama that is very memorable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

SJH also didn't win. Her role was more difficult and interesting, so I'm disappointed 

I wonder what will happen with best couple nominee. It was impossible to know results beforehand if the voting was fair.

I agree SJH totally deserve Top Excellence. She had 180 degree change for her role as WDH being it her first Romcom in a lead role.

:( :( :(

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

I wonder,  Is it because the drama was not popular in SK and Korean fans did not much like the DM?

Hmm ....

Low ratings, poor promotion and marketing done by MBC. :( 

They lost the Best Couple :(

Seriously so Disappointing  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

I wonder,  Is it because the drama was not popular in SK and Korean fans did not much like the DM?

Hmm ....

I still think it’s largely due to MBC low marketing efforts plus midway through DM series, the drama became draggy focusing too much on the second leads. The rating was doing pretty well then it dipped before recovering a little when the drama showed a sweet ending for our 2 leads. Overall I personally think it’s MBC’s fault, did injustice to our leads & the DM cast. MBC seems to have lost favour with local viewers in South Korea. The management thought to save $$$ & placed hopes on SSH & SJH to do the heavy lifting of their drama ratings. (*upset*)

DM is my fave 2020 kdrama - feel good drama that lift up moods amidst the on-going Covid. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Anyway. They already announced that DM was on of the nominees for best drama category. So why they forgot to present it during ceremony?

But still, now I can understand why this drama was totally forgotten during "I live alone"  when SJH was a guest.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

10 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

They lost the Best Couple :(

Seriously so Disappointing  

MBC is utter rubbish - I don’t think I will watch MBC kdramas anymore unless my 2 fave leads are in any of the dramas tho I pray they will avoid MBC kdramas moving forward.

• Like 6

Anyhow, it’s ok they did not win anything.

Not winning does not make them less of a good actor/actress.

We all know they are great in what they do and no one else comes close to their chemistry on and off screen.

SSH-SJH you are both winners in our hearts.

4 minutes ago, yappy said:

MBC is utter rubbish - I don’t think I will watch MBC kdramas anymore unless my 2 fave leads are in any of the dramas tho I pray they will avoid MBC kdramas moving forward.

Yeah KBS and SBS are not stingy in giving awards. They give out least 3 Best Couple Awards. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Absolutely agree with the statement above.  

Just watched the award show even though I have no idea what they are saying.  SJH absolutely just got hosed.   I was just happy DM & SSH got nominated but was not thinking they would get the award.    I kept looking for our couple and did not see them.  Couple award still to come but not hopeful after this show.  

Yappy’s comments are spot on about the second leads having too much screen time which really hurt the ratings and the show.  

With this said thank you to all that continues to support our couple/ship and Siomara plus Fiona for providing the link to the show.  

• Like 3