[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

On 7/19/2020 at 11:28 PM, airgelaal said:

Find 10 differences :lol:

I find nothing @airgelaal .. kkkkk ^^
Both imaginations are in sync.. :lol:

Based on SJH Interview from an IG account of peach_1984, SJH said she did lot of adlibs on this drama.. I'm imagining they were really acting for real like naturally, just like the one where HK asked DH if she's fine and she was thinking about if he had his lunch, brush his teeth, how he's still so handsome then they were having smack kisses, I guess there were many scenes SJH was surprised of SSH adlibs as well as he also do a lot of it. The smack kisses there were kinda pure adlib to me especially after that 3rd kiss where DH escaped she was getting water then she poured some, she was like ready to laugh at that point but I can't identify because the point is this drama is a rom-com.. These two just feels sureal.. :blush::wub:

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote image
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

On 7/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, akhenaten said:

@fiona628  OMG.  You and I think alike!  This drama actually made me think of "Lost In Translation" and I was hoping the story development would have gone along similar lines, but a different ending.  It's also actually similar in premise to a classic American film called "Same Time, Next Year", which was also about two strangers whose paths cross but they never encroach on each other's personal lives, although that film involved the leads having a tryst once every year from the time they first met when they were younger until the time they've become old and gray.  They loved each other but couldn't let go of their lives with their families.  Since it was based on a play, it had comic elements but remained a serious film.  

I have not watched Same Time Next year but the premise seems interesting. It kinda reminds me of “Before Sunrise” where they met on a train in Europe and hit if off. That’s also one similar movie plot they can make though for sure SJH will not be comfortable doing love scenes.

Like what the majority said, DM would have been a huge hit it was shown in Netflix. In that way it would have a huge following. However, I was just looking at IG and it seems like the drama and our OTP are receiving a lot of love. I am especially happy for SJH receiving a lot of love. She is so underrated for being a good actress. 

On 7/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, PreciousByTheBay said:

About Seo Ji-hye's thoughts on marriage and dating. This got me so excited!

Thank you for unearthing this article. She did this interview way back 2016 and mentioned she wants to get married if she finds a good guy. I wonder if her view on wanting to get married if she finds a good guy is the same now that she became immensely popular after CLOY.

I am also wondering why there are no possible dating artIcles about SSH and SJH after that “I like you” video from SSH came out. If it were ENews Daily or TMZ, there would have been an interview from both sides either to dismiss the rumors or admit the rumors. Lol

I saw pictures of SJH on a wedding dress in IG. Gosh she is drop dead gorgeous. Maybe SSH has seen those pictures and was like “Yeah, I will marry that woman one day” :) 

3-BED5440-647-A-4-AC3-A78-C-FF4-E3197-EF

BA7-DE4-F2-5938-4548-8-BCC-3-AA1262-AED8

AA69-F064-4-BE9-4983-9342-9-A1-FD081-A06

@nyzah13, I also have a feeling that the 2nd hospital kiss was SSH’s adlib. Otherwise, SJH would not have 
made that cute sound. The director must have went with it. I love the hospital kisses. It’s cute and romantic at the same time

I was reading comments on IG and saw a comment that on the sofa scene BTS, how the NG of SSH landing on SJH’s neck is more sensual than the kiss itself. SSH lingered on her neck for a few minutes and she was giggling. You can tell how comfortable they are but doesn’t it come off as “Second Base”?  Kekeke

A44233-E6-2-A3-C-48-BB-BB3-B-186758-AAF2

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote twitter, 4th pics pls put in spoiler tag
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Thank you for unearthing this article. She did this interview way back 2016 and mentioned she wants to get married if she finds a good guy. I wonder if her view on wanting to get married if she finds a good guy is the same now that she became immensely popular after CLOY.

I am also wondering why there are no possible dating artIcles about SSH and SJH after that “I like you” video from SSH came out. If it were ENews Daily or TMZ, there would have been an interview from both sides either to dismiss the rumors or admit the rumors. Lol

I, for one, hope she is still the same. After all, she's been in K-Ent for more or less 17 years, will enter her late 30s by August, had had a taste of starring in lead roles prior to Dinner Mate, and has had her share of awards. Career usually is the main hindrance for female K-Ent celebrities when it comes to settling down, as what was the case of more or less what happened between SSH and Yifei when she was offered to do Mulan (I was told by a SSH fan the Disney project's for two years).

About the dating articles, most likely, someone has to spot them first before anything would ever come up. Otherwise, unless started by fans, it's from shipping social media accounts or Soompi threads like ours where the media usually picks up stories to write about dating speculations. Plus, darn CoVid19 is making it hard for anyone to do anything these days.

And look at these!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's Monday on my side of the world. No more DM to look forward to after a day's work. Guess that means I'll sleep earlier again. Hahaha.

But it's so hard to get over these two. The drama may have ended but I hope it's the beginning of many good things for both them, as actors and as individuals. And we're all hoping it's the start of something beautiful between them too. :wub:  Coz honestly, I've watched a lot of onscreen Korean couples but I don't recall them being as close and comfortable and touchy offscreen as SSH and SJH are.  And to think they're such private individuals out of the limelight.  Others are saying they're just excellent actors but honestly, all that sweetness isn't even just as KHK and WDH.  I get the same vibe in their BTS. Ironically enough, a lot of people say their BTS are even sweeter than the actual scenes. 

@fiona628 to me, if nothing else, that BTS of his face falling into her neck shows how familiar and comfortable they already are to each other.  Most actors immediately separate after an intimate scene, whether NG or a good take, and take care to keep their personal and professional distance.  But in that NG, he stayed juuussst a few seconds longer than was necessary and she was just laughing and letting him be. And when he whacked her as if scolding her for the NG, she just continued laughing.  The neck thing was nothing to them. When you watch their BTS from the beginning till the last ones, you'll notice the progression of their non-relationship offscreen. ;)

Btw, I saw a more complete set of presscon clips with better eng subs in IG and I noticed that SJH was already calling SSH "oppa" even then.  Do lead actresses often call their senior male leads that way if they're older and or more experienced, or is the proper form of address "sunbae-nim"? I heard Oh Hye-won calling SSH "sunbae-nim" in the BTS that she took. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Thank you all for everything you shared, from the delightful comments, the articles and the links of our OTP. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it. I must admit I wasn’t a fan at all of both SSH and SJH and I only started watching DM because I thought it was yummy food related. :lol: But boy, now I’m so obsessed with them. Help me please lol. 

It’s Sunday evening for me and I’m so sad that there’s no more DM to look forward to when I wake up on Monday morning. Sigh. Post drama depression woes. :criesariver:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I'm really curious of DH and HK's chatbox in DM so I decided to unlock their conversation in the last episode.. I just love how they take care of each other and so naturally just normal couple.. Couple goals for these two!! :wub:

Here's the link 

On 7/20/2020 at 7:02 AM, Ayame said:

Pictures of SJH from her latest interview (article only) with Chosun Ilbo (you can find the article in Korean here):

@Ayame Thank you for this article.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote image
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

@nyzah13 awwww.  :heart4:

Aren't they the cutest?  

I hope we get an official english translation of that interview with SJH. I've seen some online but I think it was via Google Translate so a lot of statements didn't seem to make sense, or some of them were translated very literally, e.g. she might have referred to SSH as "oppa" and it was translated as "my brother". 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Btw, have you guys seen the translation of SJH's latest interview?  Not sure if there's an official translation somewhere.  

Peach1984_ on IG has the rough translations of the complete interview. I had to tweak the part about SJH knowing about SSH's radio interview though:

• Like 3

@PreciousByTheBay, I also hope that her outlook on marriage remains the same. However, I just read a new interview which I saw on IG in which she said she wants to come up with a different role/project soon. It seems like she is wants to continue to strike while the iron is hot. Career remains to be her main focus now. I just wish she will rest for a couple of months before she accepts any new projects. She really looked tired on the BTS for the last episode. Tired but still beautiful.

@akhenaten, SJH calling SSH Oppa just proves how comfortable she is with him. At the DM presscon, SSH mentioned that SJH told her to be silly and mischievous like KHK and SSH said he wants to get closer right away while filming so he continued to be playful even offcam

From what I know they call their co actors Sunbae-nim if the actor/actress is more experienced in terms of years of acting. I knew some actors who called their younger co stars Sunbae-nim just because the co star has been in the industry as child stars. 

On 7/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, PreciousByTheBay said:

Peach1984_ on IG has the rough translations of the complete interview. I had to tweak the part about SJH knowing about SSH's radio interview though:

“She knows about that interview“. Does it mean SJH messaged SSH after she saw that article and told him she was embarrassed to hear her eyes are bigger than Kim Tae Hee?  :) 

So many articles about SJH on IG. But I cannot fathom the translation in the article. Maybe they used google translate. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC2YZ8wpCGs/?igshid=178p3xtfzpmc9

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote twitter
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

@PreciousByTheBay, I also hope that her outlook on marriage remains the same. However, I just read a new interview which I saw on IG in which she said she wants to come up with a different role/project soon. It seems like she is wants to continue to strike while the iron is hot. Career remains to be her main focus now.

_______
“She knows about that interview“. Does it mean SJH messaged SSH after she saw that article and told him she was embarrassed to hear her eyes are bigger than Kim Tae Hee?  :) 

The way I personally interpret the interview, since there was no mention of dating, I don't think she is opposed to finding love even if work opportunities come her way. I think the article simply just focused on the opportunities that came after CLOY and DM.

About her being embarrassed, I think she was referring to each time SSH would tease her about her eyes because she said he constantly did that during their filming.

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/07/20/actress-seo-jihye-explained-how-her-ideal-types-has-changed-over-time-expressed-her-hope-to-meet-someone-who-can-accept-her-as-she-is-367363

Actress Seo Jihye Explained How Her Ideal Types has Changed Over Time, Expressed Her Hope to Meet Someone Who Can Accept Her as She is

Seo Jihye talked more about her current ideal type and the idea of dating.

The actress has recently sat down for a wrap-up interview of her recent MBC drama 'Dinner Mate' (also known as 'Shall We Eat Dinner Together'). During the interview, Seo Jihye was asked about her ideal type and whether or not she has recently had thoughts to be in a relationship. Seo Jihye was born in 1984 and will turn 36 years old this August. 

Seo Jihye began, "I want to meet (date) a guy now." She then explained, "I used to think that I need to meet a guy who is handsome, or who has a certain height. It's not like I've never been in a relationship, but in the past, I tried hard to show my pretty sides." 

The actress continued, "These days, I wonder whether there's a guy who can accept my 'ugly' sides too. In the end, a man who can completely understand me is the best. I want to get married to a man like that, a man who can love me as I am, not only the pretty sides I've shown on TV, and the one who can understand my weaknesses."

Seo Jihye added, "I think always looking good and elegant is not important. When I'm at home, I almost never use any makeup. Unless I need to go outside, I don't apply makeup. Others (makeup artists) always do the makeup for me since I was young so I'm bad at applying makeup and I can't even draw my eyebrows properly."

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Seo Jihye began, "I want to meet (date) a guy now." She then explained, "I used to think that I need to meet a guy who is handsome, or who has a certain height. It's not like I've never been in a relationship, but in the past, I tried hard to show my pretty sides." 

OMG! @fiona628 look!!! Now this is indeed a confirmation that her love life will not take a backseat even as career opportunities come her way.

Is this the signal she wants to give SSH? I hope so! I hope he hears it loud and clear!!!

:fullofhearts:

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, PreciousByTheBay said:

OMG! @fiona628 look!!! Now this is indeed a confirmation that her love life will not take a backseat even as career opportunities come her way.

Is this the signal she wants to give SSH? I hope so! I hope he hears it loud and clear!!!

Aaaahhhyeee! It is.

Hoping to get good news soon.

I am having Monday-Tuesday DM withdrawal symptoms. I miss seeing our OTP on screen. 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Actress Seo Jihye Explained How Her Ideal Types has Changed Over Time, Expressed Her Hope to Meet Someone Who Can Accept Her as She is

Seo Jihye added, "I think always looking good and elegant is not important. When I'm at home, I almost never use any makeup. Unless I need to go outside, I don't apply makeup. Others (makeup artists) always do the makeup for me since I was young so I'm bad at applying makeup and I can't even draw my eyebrows properly."

@huckleberrymoonriver, thanks for this article. Made my day.

And oh, Ji HyeShi you are beautiful even without make up. 

43-F617-F1-A37-D-48-B5-9-EB8-7095-FB44-E

Edited by Lawyerh
Don't quote emoji animated, twitter
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, airgelaal said:

Find 10 differences :lol:

Hahaha. Good one! Especially since that is the favourite position SSH likes to take whenever they are mucking around whilst rehearsing an intimate scene. I wonder who she drew inspiration from :phew:

@starrynic I am with you. I keep coming back to the forum--post drama withdrawals, no more HK-DH on screen, and worse, no SSH-SJH and their chemistry filled BTS :tears:

@akhenaten I noticed in their BTS (mind you its usually just short exclamations or phrases so it can't be conclusive) that SJH often speaks in informal korean to him too. A sign that they truly are comfortable with each other! With Oh Hye Won calling SSH sunbae, well, she has only debuted for 2 years or so, its probably normal since he is so many years her senior.

I think it really depends on the level of formality of the event (or it could just boil down to personality or level of comfort between two people) when it comes to how one addresses the other in a public setting. For example, Park Shin Hye addressed Hyun Bin as Sunbae during their press con but in BTS and informal interviews called him Oppa. I think because DM's presscon was held as an online event, the atmosphere was certainly less formal, which can also be seen by the setup of the presscon (usually actors are seated at a table, rather than being closely situated to each other).

@akhenaten @huckleberrymoonriver I thought I was the one who felt they resembled each other the more I watched their BTS!! I didn't wanna point it out in case it was a case of 'you don't think all Koreans look alike do you?' :sweatingbullets:

On 7/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, huckleberrymoonriver said:
I found this on IG tteokbokki_couple and it was two screenshots of the videos that SSH IG account watched and liked. Our SSH can't stop thinking of SJH! I'm convinced he is really in love and I'm very happy for both SJH and SSH!

Oh Yes I noticed before the end of the drama that he had been liking some of their videos. Hehe.

But SJH is so eelusive on social media its hard to get hints from her!! (Compared to Lee Ji Hoon and SSH who actively likes posts)

Ahh reading everyone's posts make me so happy to find so many like-minded friends in this forum :heartxoxo:

• Like 3

For those who are interested (I remember someone asked earlier on about what SSH is like since everyone here seems to mostly focus on SJH). I've been randomly watching some videos on Youtube since there aren't many long time SSH fans here to tell us what he's like (and my general perception of him has been clouded by korean netizens who lump him together with Lee Byung Hun :huh:) and I came across a few clips of him on Life Bar during their promotion of the drama Player.

Since it is the most recent other than "I live Alone", I reckon its a good indication of his views that's worth sharing :)

In this first video, Krystal cracks up laughing after Heechul asks what SSH's ideal type is and what sort of women appeals to him. Upon probing by HC, Krystal reveals that in their casual conversations about relationships, SSH once mentioned that a woman with a good body attracts him first. :coolshades:

But SSH immediatly attempts to defend himself by explaining that it has been taken out of context, and that Krystal should explain how the statement came about.

He says that when Krystal asked, "Oppa, which part of a woman attracts your attention on first impression?" He had replied "her inner self (heart)", but Krystal retorts that back then, he said "body first, then her character/inner self (directly translated as heart)".

But he trys to correct the misleading statement by reiterating that the conversation they had was "where would your vision land when you first meet someone of the opposite gender? Naturally, I answered their physique and external traits. But that doesn't mean that I would simply fall in love/date someone based on something so superficial".

HC then proceeds to tease him by saying that, "although this is what your claim, the women you have dated have all been beautiful". Lolol

I suppose when taken out of context, SSH could be easily misunderstood. But watching his BTS and his varied appearances on TV and how he interacts with his celebrity friends (both famous and not so famous), I still choose to believe that he mentioned looks as a matter-of-fact, but he values character and mutual chemistry as that determines compatibility.

In short, SJH definitely fulfills his criteria! I'm sure we all know how much he was wowed by her beauty. But naturally her fun loving self and their undeniable chemistry, plus her strong character really would appeal to him if what he has said on various interviews is true!

On his outlook towards marriage (from beginning to about 2:00 mark):

SSH mentions that he doesn’t feel lonely. He loves hanging out with his friends and catches up with them often. But recently, he has come to the realisation that it is getting more difficult as some of them are married, or have children. Once someone is married vs someone who is single, they are on a separate life cylcle (i.e. have different priorities). HC asks if he is thinking of getting married, SSH says he has always wanted to, but recently he is considering if he is a fit for marriage and if it is the right thing to do. Upon asking his friends, they advise him that whilst getting married is a good thing, he should still take it step by step, and date for a longer period before rushing into marriage (despite SSH who feels like he wants to settle down quickly).

It appears to me that he is quite the romantic type who, once he is in love, will want to take it to the end (after all he has mentioned in the past about wanting to settle down when he was dating LYF). But like all single-tons who are used to living alone and who have been for awhile, there is always the apprehension of settling down.

Maybe we need SJS who is happily married to give him a bit of encouragement? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

So many articles about SJH on IG. But I cannot fathom the translation in the article. Maybe they used google translate. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC2YZ8wpCGs/?igshid=178p3xtfzpmc9

yes, it's google translate, but it's better then nothing. 
 She was talking about many thing, but it's seems she ignored the question about kisses in DM. She answered with one simple sentence.

• Like 1

Hahaha. This forum is so much fun! We can really indulge in our delusions over this couple to our heart's content. :D

@huckleberrymoonriver I cannot imagine that 2nd kiss at the hospital being an ad lib as SJH might be offended. I remember reading in the news before that something like that happened between Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho and LMH was said to have apologized as PSH was caught unaware by the kiss. I can't remember the name of the drama as I didn't watch it.

But if it was indeed an ad lib, then that will really imply that SJH isn't just comfortable with SSH as her co-star but she also trusts him implicitly not to take advantage of her.  Or it can mean the two of them have already reached THAT level of familiarity and comfort between them that such actions have become normal.  :fullofhearts:

Those interviews will be the death of us.  If these two have really gotten feelings for each other, it's so adorable how they seem to be going about their courtship.  SSH is stating his intentions clearly and is in no humor to beat around the bush. Case in point: I really like you. He can't get any clearer than that. We can add the song too for good measure.  On the other hand, SJH is not exactly playing coy but keeping her cards close to her chest, so to speak. She's not being forward about her own feelings but she's not closing her doors and makes sure that's understood too.  It's like watching KHK and WDH's romance playing out in front of us all over again. Hahaha. ;)

Guess how I'm spending my first Monday night without DM? Why, watching my favorite scenes, of course! :ilike:

• Like 5
  • Love 1