[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

At the BTS where SJH interviewed her male co-stars, I felt like after SSH said "I really like you", Lee Hyun Jin (GW) and Kim Seo Kyung (BJ) had to be SSH's wingmen. I honestly cracked up and went from "Ooooh did he just confess his feelings?" to "Oh, LHJ needed to catch SSH's potentially awkward moment with "I really like you... I'm a big fan" and KSK saying he hopes to work with SJH again soon. After that, SSH seemed to get back on his senses only to say later that he is happy with her/likes being with her (@dinner _couple on IG corrected the "happy with her" initial translation to "likes being with her"), and that he means it. :D

• Like 5

@nyzah13, I just watched the link where SJH was the guest on Radio Star’s show.

She has a lot of fans boys. 

One is HOT’s Tony Ahn who said SJH is her ideal type. 

8-FABF1-BF-EAAA-4539-A154-9-EDBE1-C509-F

And Host Kim Gura

61890457-C12-F-4438-9076-9-CD349-C585-D6

This was just during Jealousy Incarnate. She already had a lot of fan boys back then 

Radio Star Episode 504

https://www8.dramanice.movie/radio-star/watch-radio-star-episode-504-online

• Like 3

Sigh our fave OTP thanks for the goodies and posts. SSH is too cute and carefree with SJH. Love it! Not boring to watch them again and again especially the BTS of the first kiss way better than what was broadcasted . The fact SSH names the first kiss memorable hubba hubba!

His teasing SJH in the sofa scene & Asking & making the  Director to show him how to lower her into the sofa “prettily” as SSH was too low and not using as pretty method for the camera. 

Sigh the bandage scene and getting up close and personal not only with the handsome SSH and his chiseled abs- hubba hubba hubba lucky gal was cute.They were very comfy with each other.

Thanks to this forum I have emptiness from the drama end but the couple lives on here in this forum and thus delu delu fan. SSH has dated costars so maybe could be third time is the charm?

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Nodame said:

His teasing SJH in the Thanks to this forum I have emptiness from the drama end but the couple lives on here in this forum and thus delu delu fan. SSH has dated costars so maybe could be third time is the charm?

Probably! And this considering he has long mentioned that he's ready to get married. He even joked about he how might end up getting married earlier than So Ji-sub (who got married this year).

Not that he's actively looking but I am thinking he didn't expect the impact SJH has had on him. After all, his preconceived notion of her was that she was cold and fashionable only to be proven wrong by how funny, warm and carefree she is. He probably did not expect how smitten he's going to be but that, like Kim Hae-kyung, he's rendered powerless, as though struggling to tell her his feelings.

Oh lorrrrrd.... if only we can have a face-to-face with these two and tell them these things....

• Like 5

18 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

He probably did not expect how smitten he's going to be but that, like Kim Hae-kyung, he's rendered powerless, as though struggling to tell her his feelings.

That is why it is indeed true that he’s personality is 90% KHK. 

Now only if he gets the real life happy ending like KHK

That Mutual Admiration from the Get Go

8102-C498-A7-A7-438-A-BF9-C-F11-F2-E8-BF

5-EE219-D0-E9-E3-4425-81-B4-98-CA597-CDE

07-FB1-DDA-A0-F4-4848-89-E0-3-CB0376263-

• Like 6

3 hours ago, fiona628 said:

@nyzah13I just watched the link where SJH was the guest on Radio Star’s show.

She has a lot of fans boys. 

One is HOT’s Tony Ahn who said SJH is her ideal type. 

8-FABF1-BF-EAAA-4539-A154-9-EDBE1-C509-F

And Host Kim Gura

61890457-C12-F-4438-9076-9-CD349-C585-D6

This was just during Jealousy Incarnate. She already had a lot of fan boys back then 

Radio Star Episode 504

https://www8.dramanice.movie/radio-star/watch-radio-star-episode-504-online

@fiona628 Honestly, I'm a beginner fan? Hehehe ^_^ I just saw her in CLOY she was the reason I finished the drama (she's my character style, just like how SJH is.. kkkkkk ^^) I have seen Rampant (movie) but I didn't recognize her there, it was just until CLOY. After that, I searched about her to get to know her more but seems like there were only few videos but at least found some that let me see glimpse of her life..

And about her fanboys.. She really has!! Even LJH knows~ he told SJH that she has a lot of fanboys during the accident scene where LJH recorded the making film. SJH didn't even know about it if she has (maybe because unlike other stars she wasn't able to feel them by receiving support from them and jokingly replies by expressing them to her.. HAHAHA XD) LHJ (Geon-Wu) even admitted he's a fan of SJH as well.. Let's include SSH in the count as well.. Hehehe ^^
And definitely this is SJH first deep kiss in her entire career, luckily it was with SSH, and she was able to do it comfortably with him.. Good thing ^_^

SJH has this innocent trait even though she look "cold" she doesn't easily believe to what other people tell her, like how beautiful she is, how nice she is and so on.. She has this humble and caring side of her too, and only few notices that..
During her Follow Me 8 days, she gets easily amazed with DIA Chaeyeon because there were so many fans showing up for their fan service performance (if I'm not mistaken. Well, idols really has lot of fans). I just recently saw a food truck for her with interview, actually she was amazed by it, idk if this was her first time receiving it from her fans but she seemed so surprised and thankful.. She receives food truck from friends and the products she endorses.. I'm fan-girling of her as well.. GIRL CRUSH INDEED.. :fullofhearts:
Good to know: She is in Culture Depot Agency where big star Jun Ji-Hyun was signed as well.. ^_^

I used to edit couple videos but I don't have a tool for making it for our OTP right now.. I used to have moviemaker app on my desktop but seemed like I can't have it on my laptop.. So many songs in my head that will surely fit the interaction of our OTP from their DM episodes and BTS scenes.. [Poor me.. :(]

Any suggestions for an app? it will be better of it's offline (Sorry for the off-topic) I will truly appreciate your suggestions.. Thank you guys ^_^

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 12:30 PM, fiona628 said:

Not sure if we can still embed IG links

(Sorry Mods)

But this is just Worth Sharing.

Dinner Couple IG account posted a video where SSH publicly declared he likes SJH. Though the actor who played GW also said he likes SJH too. But then SSH gave that jealous look when GW said that. 
But Gawd. SJH is a lucky gal.

And she is really beautiful and bubbly. Even Ye Ji Won finds her so beautiful and said it was an honor to work with her with proud SSH listening at her back smiling and feeling so proud :)

Have you guys watched it?

Was SSH joking when he said he like SSH? 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCr7SSuJHVX/?igshid=djzn9odb422z

Ah thanks for sharing. I was wondering what SSH said about SJH that made people laugh. These two with their banters.

Would you mind translating what SJH said on her speech as well at 0:53?

@fiona628  You know, I've watched that BTS several times and I tried to observe the body language and tone of everyone in that clip.  I don't think anyone was expecting that statement from SSH.  Before that, SJH was asking for him to say something bizarre coz I guess she's used to his wisecracks and jokes.  So when he said "I really like you", she laughed in surprise coz I guess she wasn't expecting it and he knew that so in a way, it was bizarre.  But he had a serious look even though he was smiling, which I think Lee Yun-jin and Kim Seo-kyung both noticed.  I've read several comments in IG saying that these two actors tried to diffuse the sudden tension of that moment by following through with their own comments about how they like SJH too and would love to work with her again. But then I guess SSH didn't seem to want his statement to be interpreted as the same kind of "like" that his fellow actors meant coz he followed through by saying he was happy to be with her (or really liked being with her, depending on the translation) and he meant it.  Then he held her hand and turned the camera on her and then she said she thought they were lies.  He could have just touched the camera handle to turn it.  He didn't really have to hold her hand to do that, right?    

Aish. I usually am able to move on from a drama couple after the drama ends, even if I loved their onscreen partnership and chemistry.  I've only shipped one or two in real life but I don't think anything came from it and I lost interest after some time coz there were no signs that they actually liked each other.  I think if all I saw were the BTS of SSH and SJH and I didn't see this clip, I might just attribute their actions to the fact that they internalized their roles well.  But then clips like this pop up, as well as that radio interview with SSH.  Was he just playing to the crowd?  Is he the kind of actor to do that?  Or did he really mean what he said in the context that we hope he said it?  If I'm gonna go by my KDramas, when a person says he likes you in the Korean culture, it's tantamount to a declaration or confession.  Or maybe he was still in his Kim Hae-kyung persona and she, PD Woo Do-hee.  :huh:   

SJH is more of a mystery.  She's very reserved and I think we'd have to observe her body language around him closely coz I doubt she'll say anything as direct as what SSH did if ever she did like him too. But for a reserved personality like her, the fact that she likes hitting him and laughing with him offcam (even during their presscon) is a sign that she's very, very comfortable with him.  The most overt that I can say she was in her actions was in the BTS when SSH was playing around with an exfoliator and the camera caught them looking at each other.  She was letting him touch her face while he was pretending he was using the exfoliator on her.  What they were doing was actually quite childish but what I saw was that they were very happy in each other's company.  

Unfortunately, with the drama ended, we won't have these BTS clips anymore to allow us to observe them closely, unless some of the staff have personal offcam videos of their own which they might happen to post online.    

By the way, does anyone know where we can find the interview with Kim Young Chul with english subs?  This clip is in YouTube but raw.   :mellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvWPheVv0Fw

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I've always wondered why SJH whacked SSH in their first kissing scene and they laughed. There are no subs on what they're saying.  All I could catch was SSH referring to an NG and demonstrating it to SJH by holding her and acting as if his face will fall against her neck.  Does anyone what they were saying? I wonder now if that was related to their NG in their 2nd kiss scene when his face did end up against her neck and she was laughing. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@fiona628  You know, I've watched that BTS several times and I tried to observe the body language and tone of everyone in that clip.  I don't think anyone was expecting that statement from SSH.  Before that, SJH was asking for him to say something bizarre coz I guess she's used to his wisecracks and jokes.  So when he said "I really like you", she laughed in surprise coz I guess she wasn't expecting it and he knew that so in a way, it was bizarre.  But he had a serious look even though he was smiling, which I think Lee Yun-jin and Kim Seo-kyung both noticed.  I've read several comments in IG saying that these two actors tried to diffuse the sudden tension of that moment by following through with their own comments about how they like SJH too and would love to work with her again. But then I guess SSH didn't seem to want his statement to be interpreted as the same kind of "like" that his fellow actors meant coz he followed through by saying he was happy to be with her (or really liked being with her, depending on the translation) and he meant it.  Then he held her hand and turned the camera on her and then she said she thought they were lies.  He could have just touched the camera handle to turn it.  He didn't really have to hold her hand to do that, right?    

This is 100% what I thought, too! When he said "I really like you", a couple of things went to my mind:

1. Of all things to say, he chose to say "I really like you" which is a complete 180 from his previous statement.

2. The two other male stars became his wingmen by following through his statement and redirecting it with a more neutral message. But then SSH didn't seem to want his message to get lost so he redirected the message back to... ummm... his feelings. :D

• Like 3

@huckleberrymoonriver the way SSH looked in that clip while putting on lip balm reminds me of that time when Hae-kyung was working while waiting for Do-hee to finish watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  That was the exact same expression of intense concentration.  I think that was one of the times when I thought Hae-kyung most handsome. Of course, not to say that he wasn't handsome in other times. It's quite annoying how blessed SSH is with good looks that he doesn't even have to try (and I mean that in an ironic way :P). And SJH is the same way in terms of the looks department. Makes me wonder what comes to their mind when they look at themselves in the mirror every morning. Hahaha. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCnVXdbJk98/?igshid=1f8bl9zaqjpe6

At the above IG post, the caption says SJH has the prettiest and biggest eyes among the actresses he's worked with. Is the translation correct? 

Yeah that is what SSH said. Here's the official Soompi translation of it: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1412848wpp/song-seung-heon-talks-about-working-with-seo-ji-hye-names-his-most-memorable-dramas-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

Any ideas about this photo? I saw BTS video and still can't understand, why thy decided to make this photo. They were bored or what? 

107431031_1234142793595582_4880648382884

Nothing. They were just goofing around/being playful on the set. This photo is one of the many reasons why I like these two, together. They're that comfortable with each other that they can afford to be like this.

@Ayame, thanks for the link from earlier. :)

• Like 2

@PreciousByTheBay @Ayame Yes correct she has pretty big eyes and she is a good actor. so when he said biggest, the host was like but what about Kim Tae Hee. He stuck to his guns no SJH has bigger eyes. Plus I said before she is married to Rain.

@airgelaal When I first saw this in BTS , wow they are so comfy to joke around like that, nice! These two love it!

Yes their skinship scenes and natural banter and comfort plus stunning visuals so lucky! Omo omo!

Def they are adorbs.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

SJH has this innocent trait even though she look "cold" she doesn't easily believe to what other people tell her, like how beautiful she is, how nice she is and so on.. She has this humble and caring side of her too, and only few notices that..
During her Follow Me 8 days, she gets easily amazed with DIA Chaeyeon because there were so many fans showing up for their fan service performance (if I'm not mistaken. Well, idols really has lot of fans). I just recently saw a food truck for her with interview, actually she was amazed by it, idk if this was her first time receiving it from her fans but she seemed so surprised and thankful.. She receives food truck from friends and the products she endorses.. I'm fan-girling of her as well.. GIRL CRUSH INDEED.. :fullofhearts:
Good to know: She is in Culture Depot Agency where big star Jun Ji-Hyun was signed as well.. ^_^

Ah. Thank you for the info. She is really a down to earth, unassuming girl. The namja’s at DM was able to see the bubbly side of her that is why they became their fanboys. I was thinking the director who is a good friend of SSH is also a fan as he really wanted her as WDH and was convinced SJH can totally pull off a comedic role. I’m glad the director casted her. 

I didn’t know she is in the same agency as Jun Ji Hyun. Her agency for sure knows the magnitude of SJH’s popularity now after CLOY. Maybe they can even help build her career internationally like JJH’s. I want her to go global like JJH. Maybe  a Hollywood movie? 

Our couple has a big following in IG. I just saw the IG video c/o Dinner Couple on SSH’s interview where he mentioned his memorable scenes are all with WDH. Our girl is like Helen of Troy. The face that launched a thousand ships. :) 

On the topic of wishing to see them together again, I guess our only hope for now is at the MBC Awards where I hope they will get the Top Excellence and Best Couple Awards. A movie, CF or magazine photoshoot seems far fetched for now but who knows.

I was checking SJH’s previous works and realized she worked with two actors twice. Kim Rae Won in Punch(2014) and Black Knight(2017) and Hyun Bin in the movie Rampant and CLOY.
A movie with SSH would be nice.

12 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Is this from the wrap up party?
I wonder if this was taken from SSH’s phone. Kekeke

How can SJH look so disheveled yet still beautiful? 
Hoping to see more BTS videos and wrap up party. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Is this from the wrap up party?
I wonder if this was taken from SSH’s phone. Kekeke

How can SJH look so disheveled yet still beautiful? 
Hoping to see more BTS videos and wrap up party. 

@fiona628 Even Oh Hye-Won (Im So-Ra) commented that SJH still looks so pretty even without sleep on her self-cam making film. How can that be possible?..HAHAHA :lol:
Maybe she's the only one who can pull that off.. :sweatingbullets:
Aiigooo! Pretty SJH.. ^_^

• Like 1