Quantcast

[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)

Saw this on twitter. It looks like it's taken from their Japanese Magazine interview, but I don't understand japanese. lol I tried to translate it through google and it seems the question that was asked was about the drama's story(?) :)

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look back at SSH-SJH's interview on Japanese TV, we will see how actually SSH gave support to SJH in facing this interview and on the other hand SJH needed support from SSH considering this was

After seeing clips of SJH in ILA with the subs, I'm beginning to think the reason why she remains single and unattached until now is because of the kind of woman she is. She seems very independent and

Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)  

2 hours ago, airgelaal said:

New BTS video from victorycontents. It's little, but still very precious for us

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE1AFSyJr0p/

Even if they're not yet really together, what I can say about them is they've clearly formed a friendship on set, although we can see in their other BTS that the attraction is already there too.  it's a very good foundation for a relationship.   :)

SJH's tap on SSH's back seemed to have a bit of awkwardness and shyness to me, which is cute and funny considering how touchy she's been towards him in their earlier BTS and in the presscon.  Maybe at this point of the drama, SSH had already taken things forward and already gave her a clearer indication of how much he truly likes her.  Hence, the sudden shyness. :wub:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Even if they're not yet really together, what I can say about them is they've clearly formed a friendship on set, although we can see in their other BTS that the attraction is already there too.  it's a very good foundation for a relationship.   :)

SJH's tap on SSH's back seemed to have a bit of awkwardness and shyness to me, which is cute and funny considering how touchy she's been towards him in their earlier BTS and in the presscon.  Maybe at this point of the drama, SSH had already taken things forward and already gave her a clearer indication of how much he truly likes her.  Hence, the sudden shyness. :wub:

Yeah... they seemed very comfortable with each other...

You know how close jennifer aniston and adam sandler are.... or leo dicaprio and kate winslet are like close friends...

Although i still hope they are love struck by each other by now!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Is ssh an avid reader too?

Im trying to see if they have common interests...

1) love tteobokki

2) gd self discipline and self management skills

3) exercise regularly

4) talks to one self because have lived alone for too long! Hahahha

5) have huge eyes

What else?

Song Seung Heon won the Best New Actor in 1997 for his debut show on MBC "Three Guys and Three Girls" while Seo Ji Hye won the Best New Actress in 2005 for her first lead role in the MBC drama "Shin Don". Take note they are both MBC tv shows and Dinner Mate is also broadcasted by MBC. MBC seem to play a role in their destiny. Song Seung Heon was 21 years old when he won the Best New Actor and Seo Ji Hye was also 21 years old when she won the Best New Actress. Amazing coincidences in their lives :)

It is also notable that the difference between the year 1997 and 2005 is 8 years which happens to be also the age difference of Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye.

They also both started as models before becoming actor/actress.

Then in 2018 they both won an acting award. SJH won Excellence Award, Actress for her show "Heart Surgeons" while SSH won Best Drama Actor for "Player".

• Like 2
  • Awesome 5
4 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

First time I saw sjh touching ssh so affectionately off screen...

She usually either hits his arm or hits his arm harder... hahhahaha

In my opinion, they already have a mutual understanding.

One of the things that makes SSH interested in her is because, as his co-stars, SJH likes to share her ideas regarding their work.

It seems that PDNim has given the two of them the space to improvise on their acting. And SSH, as a senior actor, thinks SJH is a good partner in discussing it.

We can see this in several photos of BTS, where they sit side by side and seriously talk. As a senior, SSH seems to appreciate the input from SJH, and vice versa.
Has anyone ever seen SSH do this to his other co-stars? and vice versa?

Here, SJH shows that she is an ENTP.
Someone who is energetic (Extraverted), prefers to focus on ideas and concepts rather than reality and details (iNtuitive). When it comes to making decisions, she will use logic (Thinking). 
Meanwhile, when carrying out daily activities, the actions are considered spontaneous and flexible (Perceiving) so it is not uncommon to do things outside the original plan.
Because of this, people with the ENTP personality are often labeled as visionaries. However, ENTPs are also often referred to as "debaters" because of their watery brains and expressive temperament.

So don't be surprised if SSH said at the wrap party that SJH is "The Most Temperament Actress / The Most Bad Temperament Actres" and so on ......

You need to know that behind the nicknames above that SSH gave to SJH is , he actually admires her.  Because SSH has never had a co-star like SJH who cares about him, is serious about their work (so they bicker because SJH is serious and SSH likes to play, so she debates him), smart, very confident and can handle herself well.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

In my opinion, they already have a mutual understanding.

One of the things that makes SSH interested in her is because, as his co-stars, SJH likes to share her ideas regarding their work.

It seems that PDNim has given the two of them the space to improvise on their acting. And SSH, as a senior actor, thinks SJH is a good partner in discussing it.

We can see this in several photos of BTS, where they sit side by side and seriously talk. As a senior, SSH seems to appreciate the input from SJH, and vice versa.
Has anyone ever seen SSH do this to his other co-stars? and vice versa?

Here, SJH shows that she is an ENTP.
Someone who is energetic (Extraverted), prefers to focus on ideas and concepts rather than reality and details (iNtuitive). When it comes to making decisions, she will use logic (Thinking). 
Meanwhile, when carrying out daily activities, the actions are considered spontaneous and flexible (Perceiving) so it is not uncommon to do things outside the original plan.
Because of this, people with the ENTP personality are often labeled as visionaries. However, ENTPs are also often referred to as "debaters" because of their watery brains and expressive temperament.

So don't be surprised if SSH said at the wrap party that SJH is "The Most Temperament Actress / The Most Bad Temperament Actres" and so on ......

You need to know that behind the nicknames above that SSH gave to SJH is , he actually admires her.  Because SSH has never had a co-star like SJH who cares about him, is serious about their work (so they bicker because SJH is serious and SSH likes to play, so she debates him), smart, very confident and can handle herself well.

Because I was so bored ytdy...

I went to dig up videos of sjh...

I saw this live interview vid of black knight...

So Kim Rae won, sjh and ssk had to answer questions while having dinner and some of the questions were posted in social media by fans and audience...

When asked about their impressions of each other... ssk said sjh is a very smart intelligent woman and she seems very street smart and knows her way around... it is like nothing fazes her and she always knows how to handle things calmly and gracefully...

And ssk also said sjh always looks like she smells nice and has perfume on... hahhaha....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Because I was so bored ytdy...

I went to dig up videos of sjh...

I saw this live interview vid of black knight...

So Kim Rae won, sjh and ssk had to answer questions while having dinner and some of the questions were posted in social media by fans and audience...

When asked about their impressions of each other... ssk said sjh is a very smart intelligent woman and she seems very street smart and knows her way around... it is like nothing fazes her and she always knows how to handle things calmly and gracefully...

And ssk also said sjh always looks like she smells nice and has perfume on... hahhaha....

Oh, I know ... why SSH can't hold back.
He always wanted to hug and smell her. And he covered it up as if he liked to joke around. Naughty boy SSH...:gangnamstyle:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Is ssh an avid reader too?

Im trying to see if they have common interests...

1) love tteobokki

2) gd self discipline and self management skills

3) exercise regularly

4) talks to one self because have lived alone for too long! Hahahha

5) have huge eyes

What else?

They also both love the Ocean and Rain. 

While re-watching BTS, my friends and I are discussing when we think SSH started to have feelings for SJH.

One friend said she suspect that SSH started to have feelings for her when they were shooting the rooftop confession scene. Thus why he was teary eyed when we said “I like you”. It was heartfelt. 
Majority of my friends and I think that his feelings started during the 1st kiss scene shooting. Then sealed that feelings when he made that heart sign on the paintball BTS. 
With SJH, she is really so hard to figure out as her off screen dynamic with SSH has always been consistent i.e, being upset when he plays too much, playing along with his pranks when she can, etc. 

All we know that her eyes says it all. She really likes him back. Whatever relationship they have right now for sure is a special one. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, fiona628 said:

They also both love the Ocean and Rain. 

While re-watching BTS, my friends and I are discussing when we think SSH started to have feelings for SJH.

One friend said she suspect that SSH started to have feelings for her when they were shooting the rooftop confession scene. Thus why he was teary eyed when we said “I like you”. It was heartfelt. 
Majority of my friends and I think that his feelings started during the 1st kiss scene shooting. Then sealed that feelings when he made that heart sign on the paintball BTS. 
With SJH, she is really so hard to figure out as her off screen dynamic with SSH has always been consistent i.e, being upset when he plays too much, playing along with his pranks when she can, etc. 

All we know that her eyes says it all. She really likes him back. Whatever relationship they have right now for sure is a special one. 

Sjh is too hard to decipher...

She probably likes him as a person...but not romantically yet... hahhaha 

She seems very guarded and perhaps rarely easily reveals her feelings I suppose...

@fiona628  I personally think SSH fell for SJH first.  Between the two of them, he seems like the more emotional one.  And like he said in one recent interview, he really goes out of his way when he likes someone, even to the extent, for example, of waiting outside the girl's house. 

On the other hand, SJH comes off to me as a more pragmatic and logical person even when it comes to her lovelife.  Maybe that explains why she's also still single. She probably has high standards and since she seems to have a good sense of self-worth, she doesn't get into relationships very quickly unless she's pretty sure about how the man values her. 

They would complement each other very well. :)

• Like 6

Seeing some photos of SSH in Joseon-era garb, I decided to search his drama called "Saimdang: Memoir of Colors".  He looks good, as always, though I'm not used to seeing his thoroughly modern features in historical costume. :)

Makes me think how I would love to see him and SJH in a serious historical drama.  Something similar to Dae Jang Geum or Empress Ki or Painter of The Wind. Something really sad and tragic, coz they both cry so well and so beautifully.  Hahahah. :lol:

• Like 2
15 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@fiona628  I personally think SSH fell for SJH first.  Between the two of them, he seems like the more emotional one.  And like he said in one recent interview, he really goes out of his way when he likes someone, even to the extent, for example, of waiting outside the girl's house. 

I agree with you on this. 
For me, SSH was smitten as early as the script reading. Then evidently continued to be nervous/fidgety when he is around her from early BTS to DM presscon. But I think he sealed his feelings somewhere around the rooftop confession BTS. Thus, he was teary-eyed on that scene. 

Meanwhile with SJH, she was just consistently being her smiling, confident, fan girl, unfazed self like she has always been. For her it’s hard to figure out when she started to have mutual feelings for SSH. My friends think her feelings progressed during the “I like you scene”. They said who would not be moved with a top star like SSH declaring in social media that he likes her. The “it’s a lie statement” was just a defense mechanism to protect them both.

A saeguk movie or drama would be great for them. I was thinking something like “Live up to your name” premise with Kim Nam Gil and Kim Ah Joong. I love that drama. The 2 leads had amazing chemistry as well. It has everything I want. saeguk, drama, comedy, romance. I almost jumped shipped on those two actors but did not. They have a huge following in the Shipper’s Thread.

(Sorry off topic).

So I read an anti fan comment in IG about SJH that pissed me off big time.
There was an OTP fan account who re-posted the DM presscon on how SJH said her first impression on SSH is “He’s so handsome”. This anti-fan said “All she can say is he so handsome”, “How dare her be flirty with SSH she is not even within his level. I was so mad with this comment that I almost sent the fan an angry message thru DM. :( 

I just realized that anti fan is not worth my energy but I really wanted to defend our Girl. 
Sorry to rant.

Happy Mid-Week Everyone!
Keep on Sailing! 

• Like 2

well going by their logic, i would say how dare this anti-fan say anything about SJH when they are nowhere near her level :P

anyways, SSH and SJH living their best lives, they ain't got time for any negative bs. ✌️

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@fiona628  I think by the time of their first kiss, SJH was already feeling something but she was her usual reserved self. Maybe that's why she was feeling shy when SSH was about to kiss her. All the more if he already felt something for her at this point and she's already aware of it.  Of course, SSH said this 1st kiss was one of his most memorable scenes. So it's also likely that they were already both aware of each other's feelings but weren't in a relationship yet. 

Just my two cents...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@akhenatenI agree. I think by the first kiss scene (episode 10/) sealed the deal for SJH. @fiona628 yes, for SSH, he was "done for" by the first script reading. You can tell from his picture together with SJH. She was still being poker face and all, but him...oh, no...He was struck. Hard. LOL. :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, mtdgmend said:

@akhenatenI agree. I think by the first kiss scene (episode 10/) sealed the deal for SJH. @fiona628 yes, for SSH, he was "done for" by the first script reading. You can tell from his picture together with SJH. She was still being poker face and all, but him...oh, no...He was struck. Hard. LOL. :blush:

If you remember in episode 9, the scene where KHK will attend a meeting at 2N Box with WDH.

His assistant, Byoeng-jin asked KHK: "You plan to get revenge to Producer Woo?" And then KHK replied: "Don't be silly. This is all because of you. You should have told me who is Producer Woo ... Come on, Byoeng-jin"

The sentence above seemed to represent SSH's feelings where all this time he had never personally known SJH.

SSH only knows SJH through her dramas, through her beauty programs, and through entertainment programs where SJH is the guest and the hosts are SSH's friends (like Shin Dong Yup and Kim Hee-chul). 

So when he met SJH for the first time at the script reading, he was very surprised.

It turned out that SJH was very pretty when SSH saw her in person, this is like Heo Tae-hee said on KBS2 program "Human Condition 2".

HTH asked SJH:  "You're told you look pretty in person, right"? 

Then Heo Tae-hee and Hyun-woo said that they had sister whose name is the same as SJH, namely Ji-hye (Heo Ji-hye and Kim Ji-hye) which means wise or wisdom.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@mtdgmend @hrkharis I've always been curious about that part of the 1st kiss BTS when the  two of them were just standing there, waiting for their cue. SSH was holding SJH with his eyes almost closed (or at least he was probably looking down) and the two of them were swaying slightly, as if they were slow-dancing. Was that like something that PD-nim asked them to do so he can try how it will look on camera? Or was that another unguarded moment in between takes? :) I think this BTS had plenty of unguarded moments between SSH and SJH coz they weren't expecting that there was a BTS camera filming them.  They probably thought everyone else was shooting them from a certain distance where their offcam interaction couldn't be heard or seen clearly. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1