Quantcast

[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look back at SSH-SJH's interview on Japanese TV, we will see how actually SSH gave support to SJH in facing this interview and on the other hand SJH needed support from SSH considering this was

After seeing clips of SJH in ILA with the subs, I'm beginning to think the reason why she remains single and unattached until now is because of the kind of woman she is. She seems very independent and

Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)  

I think this thread was created for SSH-SJH shipper, which is we have to show our support for them as a couple whether in drama or in real life (as we wish  lol).

Keep the sailing guys, and support our lovey dovey Dinner Mate couple :3

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Yes this thread is for Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye shippers because we believe in them and we love them no matter what. That is why we are fans, we love them unconditionally and we accept all their positive and negative traits as they are and we continue to support them. 

• Like 2

Hi guys, finally I finished my FMV for SJH's birthday!  I hope tomorrow she will update her IG so I could send the link to her.  If you read my description of this video on YT till the end  it's my wishful thinking.  Hehe...

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Azaria Ko said:

Hi guys, finally I finished my FMV for SJH's birthday!  I hope tomorrow she will update her IG so I could send the link to her.  If you read my description of this video on YT till the end  it's my wishful thinking.  Hehe...

Hope you enjoy!

Gd job! It captured a lot of her beautiful moments...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Yes this thread is for Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye shippers because we believe in them and we love them no matter what. That is why we are fans, we love them unconditionally and we accept all their positive and negative traits as they are and we continue to support them. 

100% agree.

I have shipped a lot of OTPs before.  One thing I learnt is to enjoy the process.  No matter what is the result, we all enjoyed the delusion, speculations and sharing among ourselves when we notices something special.

The underlying meaning of delusion is hope.  I was assured something did happen between them during filming.  Nobody really knows what will happen in future.  I am holding on to my hopes to witness a beautiful love story.  Stay positive and keep the sailing!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Hi yall. I've been a silent reader here for almost a month already, I think. And now decided to finally say something. lol
I agree with everyone, this is a shipping thread where we share our thoughts about what we observe/d. They maybe called delusions by others (and by us too), but they are actually our observations with what we see in their interactions in their BTS. And most importantly, I think, we all are determined about this ship because of the 'I like you' confession of SSH. We are not yet really 100% sure if they are already dating but let's just continue to be positive and not be negative about their different actions and affections. hehe Let's just keep this ship sailing as long as we can, especially tomorrow is SJH's birthday. Let's her all the love she deserves. Lastly, regarding the Oct. 8 interview, we might not get what we are expecting from that interview but it's not bad to be optimistic and excited, right? Have a good day everyone! :)

• Like 6

@Azaria KoThe video is superb!! Such a innocent and sexy woman she is, fits perfectly into SSH’s dream girl. I hope she will respond to you when by you sent her this video privately.

I’m so excited that tmr is 24th, hope to see some birthday messages from the DM cast (SSH included of course) on her IG. :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Do we have evidence of sjh's heart strings being plucked by ssh in the bts?

The only time I thought maybe she was showing good feelings was the exfoliater bts scene and the hospital scene where she cried and lay on ssh... I thought she really loved him a lot then... hahha i meant character wise so either she did real gd acting or parts of it were real feelings...

For me that picture of Japanese media promoting DM was another evidence that she was having the same feelings for SSH too, as @hrkharis posted earlier one of the signs that you're attracted to someone was following the gestures.. When it comes to comfortability that that picture speaks a million reason (not just SSH but for SJH as well), SJH might unknowingly mirrored that gesture with SSH..

• Like 1

As a shipper of a couple and who participates in this forum, we should not try to find fault or point out the weakness in either Song Seung Heon or Seo Ji Hye. Instead we should build up hope and wish for the best for them and build each other up because we as shippers of SSH and SJH should be all on board this ship since this is a thread for them. We are here because we believe in them and we love them and we hope they end up together in real life.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, pinklatte said:

I think this thread was created for SSH-SJH shipper, which is we have to show our support for them as a couple whether in drama or in real life (as we wish  lol).

Keep the sailing guys, and support our lovey dovey Dinner Mate couple :3

We ship SSH and SJH because of their extraordinary chemistry at Dinner Mate. They look good together, both for their physical appearance and their acting skills. Seeing them in the drama, we are not like watching a drama but like seeing a couple in real life. Especially when seeing them in scenes where they were already lovers.

Thank you to PDNim Ko Jae Hyun for bringing them together at the Dinner Mate. Because all this time, there has never been a single PD from a drama or a film that brought them together. Likewise with TV broadcast, why have no PDs from TV channels bring them together in reality shows or other projects. Why?... why?... why? ....

And fate never brought them together on the same TV station with different dramas so they also never met at the television station's annual awards ceremony.
Because of these things, they never knew each other. In fact, if you think about it, many of SSH's circle of friends know SJH well.

For SSH - a senior actor, well-known for his good looks, and very busy with his overseas promotions - he may only catch a glimpse of SJH's name from entertainment news or from his friends in the industry.
It seems that he really only got to know SJH's name when the drama CLOY became famous and many people (probably including his circle of friends) talked about the character SJH in CLOY that many viewers like, especially overseas viewers.

It matched what he said at the DM press conference that SJH is a good actress, stylish and cool image. It seemed that he really didn't know much about who SJH was. Until finally he honestly said he felt surprised when they acted together (As a man when he met in person, he maybe surprised how beautiful she is ...hehehe)

As for SJH - a beautiful and talented actress who made her debut in supporting roles - of course she really knows who SSH is. A senior, handsome actor who surely all female actresses are willing to pair with him in dramas (including the gossip surrounding his girlfriend in the industry, of course).

It never imagined in SJH's mind, that one day she would become SSH's co-star. From the beginning she just did her job well because she had dreams of becoming an actress (that's why she majored in acting at a famous university in Korea, Sungkyunkwan University). 
It was like SJH's words at the press conference. She honestly and innocently said that her first impression of SSH that he was very handsome as she had heard and seen in dramas when she was still in middle school. She was pleasure to meet SSH like a longtime fan who was happy to meet her idol in person.

Thanks to her tenacity and talent, she got several awards. But because she has always had similar roles and landed the second female role, her name and face have not been recognized especially by overseas viewers.

Until finally in the drama CLOY, SJH received attention from viewers, both in Korea and abroad. And a PDNim Ko Jae Hyun saw her talent. 
Why when looking for WDH role, PDNim chose SJH as the first candidate, couldn't he choose another female actresses whose names and faces are often seen in the industry?

I think, considering DM is the first romantic drama in which SSH will come back with MBC since 8 years ago, PDNim want to show that SJH is a talented actress who never get as the first female role before and this time she is very fitting for the role as WDH, and also because of her success in CLOY.

If we look back at the traces of SSH and SJH in the industry so far, we can say that the meeting of SJH and SSH at the Dinner Mate is destiny (Like the meeting between WDH and KHK on Jeju Island).
Given that these two are single, the possibility of love developing between them after the drama ends is natural.
Or at least because of their meeting in the drama, they become friends and get to know each other (like WDH and KHK as dinner mate).
Once they get to know each other and it turns out they fall in love, it is also destiny (like WDH and KHK who understand each other and fall in love).

So if people ask do we ship SSH and SJH as a couple in real life? 
Our answer :
"Yes, why not? After all, they both are single and the possibility is always there"

Like what Keanu said to WDH in a convenient store.
Where WDH told Keanu about her coincidence meeting with KHK.
(This was a great scene in DM but wasn't aired)

- Keanu said at WDH:
"The thing about fate is that you can't cling onto it as you'd like and leave it as you'd like"

- WDH asked:
"Then will we (KHK and her) meet again?

- Keanu replied:
"Maybe"
He (GOD) never gives you good things for free "

- WDH asked again:
"Are you saying that him and I may be meant-to-be?"

The lines that Keanu said to WDH in drama can be "our hope" for SSH and SJH that :
"The thing about fate is that they can't cling onto it as they'd like and leave it as they'd like. SSH and SJH may be meant-to-be because He (GOD) never gives them good things for free".

We hope the ship keep sailing until fate shows they are not meant to be. Fighting !!!

Note: I know the lines Keanu said to WDH in highlight drama DM at Press Conference video

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@hrkharis thank you so much for you're insightful posts everytime! You really always point out the right things and I really admire your insights in all your posts in this thread. Would like to know which episode is Keanu talking to Dohee about this:

- Keanu said at WDH:
"The thing about fate is that you can't cling onto it as you'd like and leave it as you'd like"

- WDH asked:

- Keanu replied:
"Maybe"

- WDH asked again:
"Are you saying that him and I may be meant-to-be?"

Thank you and looking forward to your succeeding posts. Yes we remain hopeful for Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye to end up in real life and believe that they are destined to meet. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

@hrkharis thank you so much for you're insightful posts everytime! You really always point out the right things and I really admire your insights in all your posts in this thread. Would like to know which episode is Keanu talking to Dohee about this:

- Keanu said at WDH:
"The thing about fate is that you can't cling onto it as you'd like and leave it as you'd like"

- WDH asked:

- Keanu replied:
"Maybe"

- WDH asked again:
"Are you saying that him and I may be meant-to-be?"

Thank you and looking forward to your succeeding posts. Yes we remain hopeful for Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye to end up in real life and believe that they are destined to meet. 

You can see it in the DM highlight video at the press conference. 
There is a scene of WDH and Keanu sitting in front of a convinient shop. The scene took place fast as it was a cut from the drama scene as a highlight video for the journalists present at the press conference. 
Luckily this video has English subtitles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Azaria Ko said:

Hope you enjoy!

5 hours ago, Azaria Ko said:

Beautiful vid for a beautiful girl. perfect song for her :wub:

imagine if he sings that to her one day.

• Like 3

I've been lurking since this ship's inception lol tho I've heard of ssh here and there, this is my first time watching a SSH drama and in the beginning I thought he was just naturally playful with his costars due to his age like he's comfortable with touching people... but after seeing more of their BTS together, I started to think there might be more to just him being playful. The turning point was the 4-second land on the neck BTS. That was just unusual and like many comments on ig and yt, that's borderline being too friendly aka testing the waters aka flirting lol 

Anyway, let me share my thoughts on the "I like you" translation.. so sjh told them to say something to the camera because the it's their last day.. then she told them to make it fun.. hence the 너무 좋아요(neomu joh-ayo) comment from ssh.. which could literally translates to "like (it) so much" 

That said, ssh might've said that in the context of the drama but after hearing the 2 other guys relate their answers to how much they liked working with sjh.. he then had to add more and said "i really like being together with sjh" 

..but also it's good to note that after he said 너무 좋아요 he actually looked at sjh right away hehe 

***If you watched CLOY,  when kjh told her not to say yes when a guy asks her to have ramen together..and sjh replied, "but i like it" then kjh asked "what do you like..your first love, ramen, or me?"

It's that same context as ssh "like (it) so much comment ... :)

I don't speak korean fluently, I just know basic conversations but the thing about Korean is that they sometimes omit their pronouns... but feel free to correct me if I made a mistake...

I hope this ship keeps sailing! It's fun getting to know more about these two through this thread.

Edited by Tealatte
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Wishing the happiest of birthdays to dear Seo Ji Hye!

Hope she has the best day with friends, family, and a certain someone. ^_^

May this new year bring her a new chapter in her life and all she deserves. Screenshot-2020-08-23-at-2-04-37-PM.png 

• Like 3

Hi, very happy to find a ship for this two actors. Congrats to the founder of this forum.  I first saw SJH a few years ago in Black knight, even though her roll is secondary, her acting is superb. I found her imposible to hate even if her character was so mean, she made the character multi dimensional, so she had a pitiful story and a reason for her meaness, (not that I condoned her attitudes) and she is so pretty, you can't hate her. Later saw her in Rampant since I'm an HB fan and finally in CLOY. So unfair her love story there was so sad. But find the hint in DM sooooo cute!!! She (CLOY's Dan) totally deserved her own captain and her own love story. Then along came DM and it was great! I enjoyed it a lot, hope this couple can become a Reel to Real couple. My best wishes to them. Hope for the best.

• Like 4