Quantcast

[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)       DRAMA INFO • Title: 저녁 같이 드실래요? / Dinner Mate • Also known as: Would You Like to Have Dinner Together? /

Why I love this couple 1. Their Chemistry on and off screen 2  Their banters on and off screen 3. They compliment each other physically. Both tall and good looking 4. Their mu

I posted this on the drama thread but thought its applicable here!   

7 hours ago, Call Me By My Real Name said:

It has been a crappy week for me but my goodness! Waking up to that photo? Are you kidding me?! Such a proud moment for us :omg:

They finally gave us the photoshoot these two are due and I honestly cannot wait in so much anticipation for more!!

@Call Me By My Real Name I want to see all the photos from this photo shoot. I'm sure there are a lot. And maybe a couple of BTS photos from it and from the interview as well. If there's anything I've learned about SSH and SJH, their BTS interactions are more romantic than their onscreen ones. :)

• Like 1

I have to “delurk” and contribute to this latest frenzy lol. I find it interesting that for most of us (me at least), when I first saw their recent photo ...

1st response - wow, another edited photo of our ship! :love:

2nd response - scrutinize, scrutinize and scrutinize... Hmm seamless edit, wa good photoshopping skills :sweat_smile:

final response - wait what??! It’s real?!! :scream::relaxed:

but judging from SJH’s length of her bangs (she did mention she’s growing back her bangs) it seems like this was taken towards the end of DM or right after? Dunno I maybe wrong. 

I must say though, their appearance and outfits looked too “HK and DH” (DH dress code - jackets and baggy pants). I would have preferred SJH to be dressed in something that shows more skin haha, (she’s got a good figure must flaunt) and sultry smokin makeup... this photo shoot is on the wholesome side, I would have preferred something of a wild and intimate pose of the two haha! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CF50 said:

but judging from SJH’s length of her bangs (she did mention she’s growing back her bangs) it seems like this was taken towards the end of DM or right after? Dunno I maybe wrong. 

I must say though, their appearance and outfits looked too “HK and DH” (DH dress code - jackets and baggy pants). I would have preferred SJH to be dressed in something that shows more skin haha, (she’s got a good figure must flaunt) and sultry smokin makeup... this photo shoot is on the wholesome side, I would have preferred something of a wild and intimate pose of the two haha! 

@CF50, welcome to the thread. 
Actually you might be right. I looked at SJH’s Paul & Joe’s CF photos again and her bangs are noticeably longer compared to her bangs on her new photo with SSH. So most likely this was before the P&J shoot/right after DM ended. As others said, this might be just one of the many pictures taken from the interview. So we might see more 2-3 more pictures. But I must say don’t expect a smoking hot kinda of photos as this was for DM promotion so they might dress up as KHK and WDH. :) 

Let’s hope for that sultry photos for a magazine CF. 

• Like 3

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3057475

Just sharing an excerpt from an article way back December 28, 2018 when Song Seung Heon was asked about marriage. 

Korea joongAng DailyEntertainmentK-pop

Friday

December 28, 2018

print dictionary + A - A print

Song Seung-heon finally loves to act: It took the TV and film veteran a while, but now he appreciates his job

One of the biggest questions fans are curious about is your marital status. Do you plan to get married?

It’s not like “I don’t want to get married.” I’ve always wanted to get married. I feel envious when seeing friends playing with their children. But first off, I’m not sure whether I’m qualified to get married right now, and secondly, I don’t feel confident about it. I want to get married before I even get more comfortable living alone (laughs). Another thing is that I don’t feel that lonely. When I spend time alone at home, I feel neither bored nor lonely. I’ve grown used to it. But I still believe in fate and that there is a right person for me.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3057475

Just sharing an excerpt from an article way back December 28, 2018 when Song Seung Heon was asked about marriage. 

Korea joongAng DailyEntertainmentK-pop

Friday

December 28, 2018

print dictionary + A - A print

Song Seung-heon finally loves to act: It took the TV and film veteran a while, but now he appreciates his job

One of the biggest questions fans are curious about is your marital status. Do you plan to get married?

It’s not like “I don’t want to get married.” I’ve always wanted to get married. I feel envious when seeing friends playing with their children. But first off, I’m not sure whether I’m qualified to get married right now, and secondly, I don’t feel confident about it. I want to get married before I even get more comfortable living alone (laughs). Another thing is that I don’t feel that lonely. When I spend time alone at home, I feel neither bored nor lonely. I’ve grown used to it. But I still believe in fate and that there is a right person for me.

It seems that the interview was conducted in the early or mid-December 2018 and published on 28 December 2018.This means roughly a year after he broke up with his ex.

At that time his heart might still be wounded but he realized that his destiny is not with her ex. He didn't want to rush into marriage just because his friends were already married and many people asked him about marriage. He wanted his life to run without burdens because even life alone he felt comfortable.

It was nice that he remained optimistic that he believes destiny will come up with the right person  (As WDH told KHK to encourage him  "He must be optimistic"- scene in the car after camping).

Hopefully the drama "Dinner Mate" brings "miracles" to him, like his character in DM where the heartbroken Doctor Kim meets his destiny.

No wonder if SSH felt healing while acting in this drama because there are many lines in the script "Dinner Mate" which can give optimism and strength to people who are feeling broken hearts or are disappointed because of love.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

It seems that the interview was conducted in the early or mid-December 2018 and published on 28 December 2018.This means roughly a year after he broke up with his ex.

At that time his heart might still be wounded but he realized that his destiny is not with her ex. He didn't want to rush into marriage just because his friends were already married and many people asked him about marriage. He wanted his life to run without burdens because even life alone he felt comfortable.

It was nice that he remained optimistic that he believes destiny will come up with the right person  (As WDH told KHK to encourage him  "He must be optimistic"- scene in the car after camping).

Hopefully the drama "Dinner Mate" brings "miracles" to him, like his character in DM where the heartbroken Doctor Kim meets his destiny.

No wonder if SSH felt healing while acting in this drama because there are many lines in the script "Dinner Mate" which can give optimism and strength to people who are feeling broken hearts or are disappointed because of love.

It's good that SSH said: "But I still believe in fate and that there is a right person for me". Dinner Mate really made it real for him because he met his destiny Seo Ji Hye and I think he is in love right now :) SSH must be overwhelmed while they were saying the lines at the bridge scene because it is what is happening in his real life, when Woo Do Hee asked him if it's coincidence they met and he said it's destiny. He must have felt an incredible feeling because what Kim Hae Kyong is experiencing, SSH is also experiencing in his life, meeting his destiny! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thanks @fiona628 you’re so kind as always. 

Whether these two currently are getting to know each other better in view of a romantic relationship, we can only hope they do coz time is of the essence. It’s definitely easier to strike when the iron was hot - during filming where they had spent almost everyday together,  There’s not a shred of doubt that both are mutually attracted to each other based on the bts videos. So I’m gonna just assume they are? Lol. 

This attraction alone has risen hopes a few notches on top of this - both have been single for sometime. Also they are in the ripe age respectively to be married - not that they need to, but again both have mentioned they don’t rule marriage out if they do happen to meet that special someone. Their age in fact is a big advantage to us as shippers if our goal is to see them get together and get hitched eventually right?! But then again I don’t want to be selfish. Contrary to perhaps most shippers, I truly would like them to date in privacy if they already are simply coz being in the limelight and having to deal to with all the pressure definitely isn’t beneficial toward to good outcome, especially in the early stages of dating. I just hope both don’t jump into their next projects too quickly coz that would be bad for a budding relationship. 

Having said that, now wouldn’t it be awesome if both become the models/spokesperson for some brand and make a TV commercial together? Well oc a pictorial for a magazine would be good too :)) 

For now, I will be equally contented if the cast has a meal get together (must include SSH SJH oc) and post photos on IG. 

• Like 4

her birthday is very soon.. i have no expectations for him wishing her anything publicly but i hope he gives her a great day in private. and hopefully maybe one of the other DM casts members will post a birthday message and include some pics of them. 

200.gif

2 hours ago, CF50 said:

For now, I will be equally contented if the cast has a meal get together (must include SSH SJH oc) and post photos on IG. 

@CF50, you’re welcome. 
I would like to think they have a group chat and still keep in touch. The actress who played Sora and SNE had a get together days ago. Hopefully they would get together again for SJH’s birthday. For now, we can only hope.

I can’t stop watching this fan made wedding video.
Hoping that someday, it will all come true :) 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEGdXAkpvga/?igshid=1l5gb4zgcnd14

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@CF50  you hit it right on the nail. I may have said this before--- HEONHYE seem to be in the same shipping "route" as BINJIN: both actors older in age; "senior" hallyu stars who debuted about the same time (late 1990's-early 2000s); keeping the "ship" on what i call "lopro" mode (low profile). The difference between the two couples stems from the fact that CLOY is widely popular internationally, and DM is not as--- which is a good thing, mind you. Our DM OTP are flying lower on the popularity radar and this works to their advantage. They can focus on what is important - EACH OTHER without too much outside interference. Sometimes attention (local, international and whether on purpose or accidental) can be harmful to a budding relationship.  

This is a mature couple we are dealing with, who (the way I read it) is ready for the next phase in their lives. That is, being with someone they can spend the rest of their lives with, and starting a family.

Because of the COVID-19, I suspect the entertainment industry worldwide is on slow mo for the moment. Our OTP, I hope (as you said @CF50) should focus on doing CFs for now.  They are established after all, and in a sense can afford to take some time away from doing a movie or another kdrama. I say let the younger stars (who are hungrier for roles) do the heavy lifting for now. :) 

@Socheata Min I agree. I hope they "feed" us fans some crumbs (or a  big fat piece of CAKE, I'm not picky. LOL) just to assure us that we are sailing. 

When the Japan promo pic came out, I also thought it was an edited fan pic. Was thrilled to know it was the REAL REAL REAL deal. I couldn't stop looking at the picture yesterday.

@Ayame Any chance that picture could be the "official" picture of this forum? 

Weekend is upon us...please be safe, and be well. :fullofhearts:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Lol. I used to never care about any shippers or being on any ships. This is my exact first time being on the ship with other shippers. First time ever. Thanks to our ttokbokkie couple for letting me involve in the forum. I just realize that shipper is very busy. We have to wait to wait for SJH upcoming birthday for new updates, Her joining exhibition on September 18th, SSH birthday on October 5th and of course their interview for Japanese TV on October 8th. I just hope Stream Media corporation gonna release more photos and teasers soon cos I just can't wait that long. 

• Like 6

@fiona628what a beautiful video! I’m always in awe of the talent of the many fans out there. What drama were they in respectively in this video?

@mtdgmend Totally agree with all that you’ve said - I couldn’t have said it any better. I’m just so glad they finished filming DM safely and without any hiccups with regard to the pandemic (couple of current dramas have come to a halt). 

@Socheata Min me too, my first time on board a ship ever lol. I’m not necessarily a hardcore fan of them both in that I don’t follow all their dramas or movies. But somehow when both are in the same frame, they are so pleasing to the eye that it just click. 

Have a great weekend y’all :)

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, CF50 said:

@fiona628what a beautiful video! I’m always in awe of the talent of the many fans out there. What drama were they in respectively in this video?

@mtdgmend Totally agree with all that you’ve said - I couldn’t have said it any better. I’m just so glad they finished filming DM safely and without any hiccups with regard to the pandemic (couple of current dramas have come to a halt). 

@Socheata Min me too, my first time on board a ship ever lol. I’m not necessarily a hardcore fan of them both in that I don’t follow all their dramas or movies. But somehow when both are in the same frame, they are so pleasing to the eye that it just click. 

Have a great weekend y’all :)

Me too!

• Like 2

The preview of Japan interview is trending in IG.

I saw this on Dinner Couple’s IG fan account. The preview only shows SSH for now but there is an empty seat that is most probably for SJH :)

DC72484-D-9-EF7-4-F5-F-B140-3-CA3708-FE7

Look at this guy. “So handsome”
Can’t wait for October 8

Have a great weekend guys.

Sad things happening in the world right now but I hope you all stay safe, healthy and happy. 

• Love 2