[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

Found this video on YouTube. It seems that this "Q & A" event is the same as the "Dinner Mate" press conference.
Very curious what SSH questions to SJH and vice versa
You can see how SSH looks at SJH when he asks her, and also how SSH looks at LJH when LJH jokingly touches SJH's arm with his arm (2.37) hehe ...
Can anyone translate it? Thank you in advance

Funny, you guys. I didn't know any songs by Paul Kim before but now I'm beginning to like them. Saw a new post over at the heonhye_couple IG and it used another of his songs as BGM. Very easy on the ears. And so perfect for SSH and SJH. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 6:09 PM, akhenaten said:

Funny, you guys. I didn't know any songs by Paul Kim before but now I'm beginning to like them. Saw a new post over at the heonhye_couple IG and it used another of his songs as BGM. Very easy on the ears. And so perfect for SSH and SJH.

I think it's tteokbokki_couple that posted it :) But I truly truly hope Paul Kim's "Coffee With Me" means something to our ship.

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images, gifs, videos, or animated emojis.

1 hour ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

I think it's tteokbokki_couple that posted it :) But I truly truly hope Paul Kim's "Coffee With Me" means something to our ship.

@PreciousByTheBay oh yeah. tteokbokki_couple IG was the one that posted it. :)  I sure hope so. "Coffee With Me" is a nice song too. SSH seems more of a ballad, pop-jazz kind of guy. Having watched videos of him as himself, I realize that KHK is really very much like his real self.

In the meantime, I'm checking out his other series "The Player".  Looks to be a lot of fun to watch. Gives me a similar vibe as Kim Nam Gil's "The Fiery Priest".  SSH suits the role of a con artist.  I've read comments from some DM fans who actually wish to have a season 2 of this series with SJH playing a role of a prosecutor.  She'd be so bada** and cool in that role. And I can only imagine the sexual tension between them. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

I've read comments from some DM fans who actually wish to have a season 2 of this series with SJH playing a role of a prosecutor.  She'd be so bada** and cool in that role. And I can only imagine the sexual tension between them. :) 

@akhenaten I was imagining the same thing for Player S2.. And Krystal will be SJH sister (lost sister), because they got the same vibe.. :)

Plot imagination:

And she will be pushing SSH to pursue SJH because she thinks they're compatible and Krystal finds him like a brother as well with the other 2 boys..

Then the sexual tension continuous, this time for the con artist and the the prosecutor.. Kkkk :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Aside from hopes of DM Season 2, an action movie, fans are also hoping that SSH’s first Tiktok video will feature SJH on it. That will be impossible though 

Haha. We can only wish @fiona628 :) my theory is that the more quiet they are, the more likely it is that they like each other for real. I think if we see them featuring each other on their social media accounts, it can only mean that they're not worried about dating rumors because they're only really friends.

I think SSH would be more careful about going public this time, after what happened with his last relationship. His declaration on SJH's BTS camera might be the last that we'll hear of it until they're either about to get married or they've broken up. 

As for SJH, she seems like an extremely private person offcam.  Between her and SSH, she seems more unused to dealing with the public eye.  If he really likes her, I think he would probably be quite protective of her and wouldn't want to subject her to the scrutiny of the media if ever they were dating. :mellow:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Haha. We can only wish @fiona628 :) my theory is that the more quiet they are, the more likely it is that they like each other for real. I think if we see them featuring each other on their social media accounts, it can only mean that they're not worried about dating rumors because they're only really friends.

I think SSH would be more careful about going public this time, after what happened with his last relationship. His declaration on SJH's BTS camera might be the last that we'll hear of it until they're either about to get married or they've broken up. 

As for SJH, she seems like an extremely private person offcam.  Between her and SSH, she seems more unused to dealing with the public eye.  If he really likes her, I think he would probably be quite protective of her and wouldn't want to subject her to the scrutiny of the media if ever they were dating. :mellow:

I think the clues that SSH gave us is when he said to SJH I really like you in her BTS camera and when he requested for the song I'm in Love. I think that is the best he can tell to the fans. As for SJH, I believe the clue she gave was in her interview saying about the kind of man and the kind of relationship she wants. All the things she said about the kind of man she wants all point to the qualities of Song Seung Heon. Maybe it is the best she can disclose to the fans. I really hope and pray for them that they find in each other the true love that they are looking for and that they are truly destined to be! I just hold on to what they both said and their actions toward each other off cam which we all saw in their BTS. Also when we look at both of them especially Song Seung Heon, he seems really happy and have a bright aura when he talks about Seo Ji Hye. On the IQIYI interview of Seo Ji Hye, she looks happy too and said she had a lot of fun filming and maybe she had never been this happy filming on her previous works. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akhenaten said:

You know, I absolutely love everything you said here. It only means we can continue shipping them and they won't say or deny a thing because I dare say what they have is true! :lol:

Speaking of "True", here's "True" by Ryan Cabrera for our guy. Posted this because the lyrics fits SSH's narrative towards how he acted offcam with SJH, and how he's tentative with his actions and words towards her at first, until he eventually found it best to tell her his feelings in the end with his supposedly "bizarre" *cough* "I really like you". We can see how, during the final day of filming's BTS with SJH, he didn't want his message for her to be lost in the messages of their other male co-stars so he followed it up with how he's happy to be with her and how he means it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Call Me By My Real Name Thank you for posting the "True" FMV video--- love it!! Saved it on my Favorites so I can listen and watch it over and over,

BTW, can anyone tell me how I can download / or where to buy the DM OST online? I typically buy songs off from iTunes, but can't find the OST album there or any of the individual songs. Any recommendation would be great!

Thanks in advance. Rewatching DM for the 2nd (or is it 3rd) time. Continue to stay safe and healthy. :transforms:

• Love 1

10 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Haha. We can only wish @fiona628 :) my theory is that the more quiet they are, the more likely it is that they like each other for real.

There is a saying “When it is quiet something must be happening”. I would rather prefer them to be dating in private than make their relationship public.
But then didn’t it work for some celebrities? Rain and KTH publicly dated for years as well as Joo Sang Wook and Cha Ye Ryun. Both relationship ended in marriage and they now have kids. 
Speaking of kids, I also read some comments if they do end up together and have kids, they wish for their future kids to appear in “The Return of Superman”. I even saw someone posted an edited picture on how their future kids would look like. But I could not find it anymore. It was from a face app or something. 

I must be following SJH too much that most of my feeds are about her. Lol

She went to Bali for a photoshoot and

watching this really shows that she is so simple and down to earth. Then at 6:06 I think she was teaching the girls how to post sexy showing off your thighs. She is really beautiful even without make up. 

BTW, can a kind soul help translate 5:59 why SJH cried? I don’t understand Korean but I got teary eyed when she cried. 

3 hours ago, mtdgmend said:

@Call Me By My Real Name Thank you for posting the "True" FMV video--- love it!! Saved it on my Favorites so I can listen and watch it over and over,

My pleasure! And thanks, as well! :) I couldn't scratch the song off my head the moment I saw the BTS clips, especially the "I Really Like You" one. I think, it's this ship's strongest receipt so far, at least where he's concerned. And the timing of what we all think were her responses, several days later in her interviews couldn't have been more perfect! It's as though she's saying that when he told her he meant what he said, she heard that message loud and clear. :)

In one of dinner_couple's translated posts on IG, turns out, SJH was also invited by Kim Young-chul to be in the same radio interview but found it hard to wake up early that day. My delulu mind is thinking, what if she did make it on time and both she and SSH didn't have other plans that day? He could have possibly invited her for... *clears throat* dinner.

• Love 3

13 hours ago, fiona628 said:

There is a saying “When it is quiet something must be happening”. I would rather prefer them to be dating in private than make their relationship public.
But then didn’t it work for some celebrities? Rain and KTH publicly dated for years as well as Joo Sang Wook and Cha Ye Ryun. Both relationship ended in marriage and they now have kids. 
Speaking of kids, I also read some comments if they do end up together and have kids, they wish for their future kids to appear in “The Return of Superman”. I even saw someone posted an edited picture on how their future kids would look like. But I could not find it anymore. It was from a face app or something. 

I must be following SJH too much that most of my feeds are about her. Lol

She went to Bali for a photoshoot and

watching this really shows that she is so simple and down to earth. Then at 6:06 I think she was teaching the girls how to post sexy showing off your thighs. She is really beautiful even without make up. 

BTW, can a kind soul help translate 5:59 why SJH cried? I don’t understand Korean but I got teary eyed when she cried. 

I found Dailymotion has a Chinese subtitle of this chip.  

I can briefly translate the conversation:

SJH says when she was in High School, her dad's business was not good and her mum needs to go out to work .  Since she is the eldest, she did not want to be a burden to her parents, so she decided to go to vocational school instead of regular high school & college.  And in Grade 2, she got a chance to work as a magazine model and that year, she earned US$12K.  

Her mum asked if she could use those money to support her dad.  Though, SJH didn't mean it, she told her mum, she will lend to them instead of give. She cried because she felt sorry about saying that to her mum and MC also said as a parent, it must be difficult for them to ask their child for money.   

I was proud of SJH being so honest and share her past hardship on the show.  The MC says if she worried her parent will watch this episode, just treat them to dinner outside to prevent them from watching.  SJH then laugh and cry at the same time.  

The other MC also helped to make the horn sound from a bottle, so as to cover the noise if SJH blow her nose.  This was funny and make her laugh again.  But SJH said she just swallowed her snot..LOL

Edited by Azaria Ko
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, mtdgmend said:

BTW, can anyone tell me how I can download / or where to buy the DM OST online? I typically buy songs off from iTunes, but can't find the OST album there or any of the individual songs. Any recommendation would be great!

Thanks in advance. Rewatching DM for the 2nd (or is it 3rd) time. Continue to stay safe and healthy.

@mtdgmend I have downloaded my DM OST from "k2nblog.com" in their MEGA mirror link.. However, I haven't checked if the compilation songs were already released but there were only 5 or 6 songs which will be downloaded individually..

I hope this info helps..

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images, gifs, videos, or animated emojis.
  • Love 1

@Azaria Ko, thank you for the translation. This was probably the hardship she was talking about before. Who will not love this girl? She is really beautiful inside and out. 

The OTP fandom have progressed from “Dispatch Edited Dating News” to “Edited Wedding News” to “Edited Future Baby News”. 

This is just too cute. 
credit to the owner 

343460-A8-EFC0-49-F2-BBDC-923-DE09477-FD

On 7/28/2020 at 1:08 PM, huckleberrymoonriver said:

That's the BTS when SSH let go of SJH's hand abruptly after the director said cut. SJH looks really surprised and looked cute shooting SSH a glare but quickly smiled after

Until now, I'm still wondering why did he shake off her hand so "violently". even if he realised that there was a BTS camera, he could do it gently and not so abruptly.  Could he be jealous of the photo which SJH took with LJH? ;-P