Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ayame

[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple)

32 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Funny you mentioned that! A friend and I were just discussing his courage. I can personally sense his level of hesitation and fear, and appropriately enough as he has come from a relationship where it was the girl who broke up with him. But then, from the bts clips, we can see how he was either hiding and/or gauging his growing admiration for SJH through his jokes and pranks. I mean, don't we have that old saying that says guys who constantly joke around you, more often than not, are the ones who want to get your attention because they like you? In the end, during their final filming day, when asked by her to revise his serious fan message on the BTS camera, of all things he could say, he had to choose "I really like you" and then stared at her, then supplementing what he said with "I am happy to be with SJH/I like being with SJH... I mean it" even if his two wingmen finished their neutral message for SJH. If that isn't him taking that bold step at confessing, then I don't know else is.

:glee:

Yes I really hope after SSH told SJH he really likes her that he did a lot of effort to convince her that he really meant it and that they are now seeing each other while they are both on break from shooting a new project.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Moonstarmagick said:

Wow thanks for doing this blow by blow review of the vid @preciousbydbay. :wub:

Hahahaha... I get the kilig (flutter) over and over again. 

I am back in Soompi forum!! Been a while!!! Hahahahahaha. 

So nice to be able to read again different views from everybody! 

And soompi format has changed? It's better now right? I hope they come up with a mobile app. 

Are we now allowed to use emojis from our phone? Haha. 

Hello, hello! Welcome back to Soompi! :sparklyeyes:

@Moonstarmagick is behind the 8-minute-long FMV I posted here, earlier. :) She's also one of the two girls that co-run the heonhyecouple IG with me. I personally blame her for opening my eyes to SSH's charm and the undeniable chemistry between him and SJH. She is a heck of an enabler like all of you in this shipping thread.

:Megalol:

@huckleberrymoonriver I hope so, too! I love the fact that the two have this laid-back vibe that they seem to share. I hope that helps pave the way for something more  especially now that they're on break from filming. Timing couldn't have been more perfect. No distractions, no heavy professional commitments that could keep them from getting to know each other better.

I apologize for the barrage in posts. It's not helping that I have just finished a venti-size iced coffee. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

23 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

That's the BTS when SSH let go of SJH's hand abruptly after the director said cut. SJH looks really surprised and looked cute shooting SSH a glare but quickly smiled after

SJH's facial expression was so cute here. She was aegyo-ing to SSH.

I love all the posts here! It assures my shipper heart that I'm not just seeing things but others see them too. :D

That's why I'm wary of shipping actors because I know that it's their job to make the viewers' hearts flutter and invested in the onscreen romance they portray.  Many actors past and present, whether in Hollywood or the Asian entertainment scene, have done this excellently.  Yet after the credits have rolled, they and the viewers are able to detach from the romance and accept that it's just for the cameras.

But then, there are others whose onscreen portrayals were clearly drawn from what was happening behind the scenes. Fans of classic Hollywood films would be familiar with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, and Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.  Those two legendary couples fell in love on the set and the staff and crew were witness to it. The only difference then was that there were no BTS videos to provide receipts. They only had BTS photos. :)

@PreciousByTheBay I just realized that in the exfoliator BTS, SSH said SJH doesn't like it if he plays around. That statement can have different meanings in English, either literally playing (making fun) or having intimate relations with other women (I'm being very polite here because Merriam Webster's definition is more straightforward. ;)). The double entendre just makes analyzing that interaction between them all the more fun. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Shippers go great lengths for dating news :) 

credit to tteokbokki_couple IG

F90464-F9-DDE4-4-A5-F-BD0-E-EA74-CB41-E4

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@PreciousByTheBay I just realized that in the exfoliator BTS, SSH said SJH doesn't like it if he plays around. That statement can have different meanings in English, either literally playing (making fun) or having intimate relations with other women (I'm being very polite here because Merriam Webster's definition is more straightforward. ;)). The double entendre just makes analyzing that interaction between them all the more fun. :lol: 

Aha! If I were him, I'd consider that a warning from her ("Don't break my heart or else..."). :sweatingbullets: Kidding aside, according to how his long-time fans describe him, the girl who captures his heart will be lucky to have a loyal and faithful partner in him.

15 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

0:32  -  If you think about it, he didn't need to be the one to hold the umbrella to shield his co-star from the sun, and especially considering the wind was strong and there were many other staff members around who could do that for her.

He asked few times if the camera was on, so he could "pretend" to be a good guy. 

2:50 - I think SJH returned his joke when she said, that SSH is good to her only when BTS camera was on . 

1 hour ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Aha! If I were him, I'd consider that a warning from her ("Don't break my heart or else..."). :sweatingbullets: Kidding aside, according to how his long-time fans describe him, the girl who captures his heart will be lucky to have a loyal and faithful partner in him.

@PreciousByTheBay if they were already secretly involved by the end of the drama, then I guess he could be teasing her but it's a private joke between them. Hahahah! Major delulu mode on! :crazymad:

But seriously, I think something really grew between them during the 4 months.  It was clear that they really hit it off the minute they met, which is why even in their earliest BTS clips (e.g. SJH trying to peek into SSH's halmeoni outfit under his jacket, which apparently she recommended; SSH holding the umbrella for her at the seashore; SSH trying to help her remove a hair strand from her eye) they were already very comfortable and chummy and acted like old friends.  

Being old enough to know what they want, I'm not surprised at the quick development of things between them. They both seem to be pretty straightforward and no-nonsense about what they want so that explains why they both had no hesitations in showing that they admire and like each other very much, even in front of media (presscon) or the staff and crew (BTS clips).  This is especially true of SSH.  I think his "I really like you" is as clear as anyone can get, which is why I bet everyone who's part of the drama is aware of what's going on (if there's indeed something) but they just choose not to mention it or act as if it's not there, probably to protect both SSH and SJH. 

• Like 5

.@fiona628 about that photo manip with the Dispatch logo, isn't that the scene when they were walking back to his car after having lunch at her mom's house? Why is it night time? :mellow:

I was just re-watching the rooftop proposal scene and looking at WDH closely when she initiated the kiss. A lot of people over at IG are saying that this and KHK's 2nd hospital kiss are both ad libs by SJH and SSH. If that really is the case, then maybe that's the reason why these scenes already look so genuine. It was shot at a time when there's probably already something between them. They were just manifesting their own feelings through their characters.  Gives a whole new context to KHK's dialogue after that second kiss, when he said to himself he's in big trouble (coz he had probably realized by that point that he was already a total goner as far as WDH is concerned). It means SSH was the one talking and not KHK anymore. 

And the kiss from WDH? No wonder SSH didn't look prepared to meet it. If it wasn't really part of the script, then it was probably SJH doing the kissing and not her character anymore either.

Ah, they're very sneaky this way, huh? Hiding their feelings in plain sight. :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

.@fiona628 about that photo manip with the Dispatch logo, isn't that the scene when they were walking back to his car after having lunch at her mom's house? Why is it night time? :mellow:

It's from different scene. But I think its BTS photo of rehearsal (or they were just talking). In the actual scene she never put her hand in the pocket. 

NDDQ3OW4WV4X_22d_1594742292_e_201.159604

8 hours ago, airgelaal said:

He asked few times if the camera was on, so he could "pretend" to be a good guy. 

2:50 - I think SJH returned his joke when she said, that SSH is good to her only when BTS camera was on . 

Joking about pretending so that he did not seem too obvious at how he's trying to impress her?

@akhenaten

About the DM cast and crew, I think it's quite common for those involved in a production such as that to have a non-disclosure agreement clause in their contract. Even the output of the one filming the BTS is subject to approval first before being released. So yes, there is always that possibility of the filming cast and crew to know something. And even if naysayers counter that things might have just been for the sake of "promo", I doubt SSH and SJH would do anything that may potentially involve them in a (dating) rumor of which they do not wish to be a part. It's pretty easy to stay warm and friendly but detached from your co-star even during BTS filming, but we all saw it's not the case for our OTP. :)

56 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

It's from different scene. But I think its BTS photo of rehearsal (or they were just talking). In the actual scene she never put her hand in the pocket. 

NDDQ3OW4WV4X_22d_1594742292_e_201.159604

This one's from Episode 16 after their dinner with Keanu. This was right after they left Ah-young with Keanu at the restaurant. :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PreciousByTheBay and @akhenaten I agree with both of your observations regarding SSH and SJH during DM's shooting, and the non-disclosure agreement clause signed by those involved. They really *tried* to be discrete with all their actions to each other off camera. Also, after the Song-song incident, I think leads are more careful about these personal situations. 

BUT....once the drama was over, notice how both of them went on print and on air *complementing* each other?! It's as if they were trying to send message to their DM fans (and maybe each other) of  their intentions. Is this part of a promotional stunt or not?

My best guess--- this ship has pulled anchor, the passengers are on board, and now last minutes "checks" are taking place. Wouldn't be surprised if this ship has already sailed. I would also add that if indeed they are sailing, this will be a very private affair. We as their fans should respect this at all cost. If there's nothing then, I'll just keep on re-watching DM, and reliving the sweet and heart fluttering moments they gave us. :ok: 

Edited by mtdgmend
clarification
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

This one's from Episode 16 after their dinner with Keanu. This was right after they left Ah-young with Keanu at the restaurant. :D

Before their dinner with Keanu. You can see a bag on the photo, but after dinner she was without it. 

NDDQ3OW4WV4X_22d_1594742292_e_.159605052

• Like 1

I reinstalled tiktok just to follow Song Seung Heon. He looks even more handsome than ever and looks so happy and his smile will melt you. 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@huckleberrymoonriver SJH's mom looks so graceful and elegant! I'd love to see her dad too. I think she's like SSH in that they were blessed with good genes. :)

Don't you wish SSH and SJH can be guests in a variety show like this one? I'd love to watch them just being themselves together.  I can only imagine the oozing chemistry when that happens.  And with SSH being his usual, straightforward self, SJH might end up blushing to the roots of her hair. Hahaha. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi everyone ... I haven't been active in visiting this discussion forum for a long time. The last time was about the drama "Beautiful Minds", starring Jang Hyuk and Park So Dam. Since then I have only been a silent reader.
Sorry to say that there hasn't been a drama yet where the male lead and woman make me want to wait for them every week.
When looking at dramabeans, what dramas are interesting to watch, I found "Dinner Mate". Of course, the main character (male and female) must also be interesting.
Finally I found two people who were truly like a real couple. They are SSH and SJH. For SSH, I've seen his drama. But for SJH, for the first time I saw her and fell in love. She is really beautiful and really good at acting, so it's not surprising that a handsome guy like SSH adores her.
Below I will share a video from Youtube in 2011, SJH was invited to SBS radio broadcast.
How beautiful she is ... I think which man will not fall in love with her. His big eyes and laughing face even made a handsome and most wanted bachelor like SSH dare to honestly say it on a SBS radio broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FbG6QbLic

• Like 4

2 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Go to 7:07 minutes to watch the mom of Seo Ji Hye together with her. She is beautiful too and bubbly. 

I was thinking of posting this video as well.. @huckleberrymoonriver Thanks for posting it here.. I saw a picture on IG of SSH mom and dad (younger) and I though SJH got some similarities of SSH mom?.. Or was I just imagining?.. HAHAHA XD

55 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

They are SSH and SJH. For SSH, I've seen his drama. But for SJH, for the first time I saw her and fell in love. She is really beautiful and really good at acting, so it's not surprising that a handsome guy like SSH adores her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FbG6QbLic

Welcome to the thread @hrkharis.. SJH is a really good actress you can see her awards in her bio and I just recently realized that too.. She always gets the "Excellent Award" or "Special Awards" on dramas she is nominated..

You guys should check out her profile on Asianwiki and give her 100% vote.. Thank you.. 

Here's the link:

http://asianwiki.com/Seo_Ji-Hye

• Like 4

@huckleberrymoonriver, thank you for sharing that video. SJH’s Omma is beautiful, elegant and adorable like her. I can’t imagine how good looking her younger sister would be as well. Seems like she is super close to her Mom. I wonder if she ever talk to her about SSH and push her into marriage like what DH’s mother did in DM :)

Speaking of SSH, how cute is he creating his own Tiktok account. He looks glowing and very happy when he posted that video announcing his new Tiktok account. The look of a man in love.

SJH should seriously make her own youtube channel. She looks so natural in her Me Too vlogs. I’m sure she will have a lot of subscribers now that her fanbase are growing. Would love to see more of her beauty regimen and travel vlogs. 

Victory Contents IG has been posting DM BTS. I see that they can’t move on like us. But I want to see the Hospital BTS Kisses and the Sexual Tension filled scene when SSH pulled SJH back inside his flat.

SJH’s female friends in the industry except for Kim Ok Bin are all married. Kahi Park, Yoon So Yi, Seo He Rim and Shin So Yul. While on break, she should gather her squad and get lovelife advise from them :)

9-AEA848-F-0210-4-E5-F-BEAE-14910-A5-BEC

• Like 3