[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

I am so glad this shipper forum is finally back. I saw someone posted this in twitter. Hopefully, it is real. Last time, I also got a like in my comment from MBC Drama net IG as well when I mentioned about them being SSH and SJH on set. Gosh!! Are they trying to give us hints? Praying Praying.  

• Like 1

Guys, go to tteokkbokki_couple IG. They posted a short clip on their BTS which Oh Hye Won filmed with her camera. That was when SSH was playing around with an exfoliator.  :)

They closely analyzed the looks exchanged between them. :wub:

• Like 1

Hello to all SSH and SJH shippers! Just want to share my observation. I watched in full just a few minutes ago the July 14, 2020 radio guesting on powerfm of SSH on youtube and I just noticed something which will make any woman's heart flutter or go crazy since SSH really is the most romantic guy! Go to 26:35 the moment SSH requested for the song I'm in Love by Ra.D and when the song ended he was asked something by the emcee but I can't understand since there's no English sub. Go to 30:13 where he sang a line from the song "Coffee with Me" by Paul Kim and then on 32:13 SSH again sang a line of it. I looked up the lyrics of the song and it looks as if he is really trying to say something to SJH based on the lyrics of the song below and also I copied the youtube link of the song with English sub for all of us to listen to it and enjoy! Oh I love our OTP so much and I hope and pray that we are seeing positive signs on their real life romance!

커피한잔할래요 (Coffee With Me) (English translation)

English
A A

Coffee With Me

Breeze
A light bzeeze wakes me up, oh breeze
I start thinking about you
My everyday

Breathe
Feeling like something good will happen
Making me (Mm)
I imagine something like that
Should i say let's go see a movie just the two of us?
Wouldn't it be boring?
What should i say to make you laugh?
I don't have courage

Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?
I said it by mustering my courage after biting my lips
My heart for you with the help of a cup of coffee
I wanted to say i missed you
Do you feel the same?
Do you feel the same with me?
Did you think of me?
Today i'll make you
Laugh more
I wish time would stop as it is

Freeze
Time is just passing by , oh freeze
You and i are a lot different from the beginning these days (Oh)
The thrill in my heart i felt first
Do you remember?
Let's go to the place we met first
Full of memories

Do you feel the same?
Do you feel the same with me?
Do you sometimes think of us on the day?
The promise that i'll make you
Laugh more
I haven't forgotten it yet

Do you feel the same? (Ha-ah)
Do you feel the same with me? (Ha-ah)
Did you think of me?
Today i'll make you laugh more

• Like 2
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, fiona628 said:

@Ayame, thank you. I just rewatched episode 16. I saw it now. 

@Azaria Ko, thank you for the translation. I especially liked it when she said she enjoys being single but will get married if the right person comes. 

Seems like everyone is at IG spazzing. 
So many fans are routing for them.

Dinner Couple IG mentioned there are about 50 articles about SJH. She is so well loved these days. So happy for her.

I hope we get to see more  BTS or wrap up party pictures. I did saw this on LHJ’s IG but I hope MBC will get to release more. Someone has to hack SSH’s phone or DM’s selfcam. :)

I just discovered SJH and SSH does not follow each other on IG but SSH’s BFF, Kim Seo-kyung follows SJH. He is SSH’s wingman. :) 

7-A8-C00-D2-7616-48-B6-ABE5-FBFF6714-C1-

20 hours ago, airgelaal said:

If you want to keep your private life really private, you should forget about social medias as your personal accounts. Everybody, especially fans and media could find so much from every detail. 

It's not easy to be a celebrity.

19 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

There's also the possibility that these stars have what is called as a "Finstagram"  -  a personal IG account that only their close circle of friends know about, as, after all, their "official" IG is, more often than not, controlled by their own social media team as in the case of SSH's Weibo account.

They don't need social account/s, they just need their personal mobile numbers.. :tounge_wink:

Have a good day everyone..

@huckleberrymoonriver and they both love coffee.. :wub:

• Like 4

Personal mobile, Video Call, Kakao Chat. :) 

We are so spoiled with OTP fandoms in IG. I am giggling like a kid reading those post. 

@huckleberrymoonriver, thank you for sharing the YT video. I hope someone can help us translate the part where SSH sang Paul Kim’s “Coffee with Me”. song at 30:13. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akhenaten said:

Guys, go to tteokkbokki_couple IG. They posted a short clip on their BTS which Oh Hye Won filmed with her camera. That was when SSH was playing around with an exfoliator.  :)

I don’t know how many times I have watched that clip. 

BTS are really better and sweeter than the actual lunchbox proposal scene.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDIrEvepKRc/?igshid=1dgr8u6j8ncau

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Personal mobile, Video Call, Kakao Chat. :) 

We are so spoiled with OTP fandoms in IG. I am giggling like a kid reading those post. 

@huckleberrymoonriver, thank you for sharing the YT video. I hope someone can help us translate the part where SSH sang Paul Kim’s “Coffee with Me”. song at 30:13. 

Yes! Can anyone help with the translation with that part right before he sang lines from Coffee With Me? Help me save $$ because I swear to all the KDrama gods, I am so close to hiring professional translation services because the mention of that song's lyrics, alone, is intriguing! My phone storage is close to hating me right now because I might end up making another FMV based on Coffee With Me. :lol:

By the way, as the ship grows, we're encountering more and more naysayers of our OTP. Last night, someone forwarded a tarot card reading that says SSH is still not over his ex and that SJH actually has feelings for KJH (and vice-versa) of CLOY.

This we can say:

1. If SSH were still not over his ex and was wishing to win her back, he wouldn't be touchy-feely with SJH in the BTS clips and wouldn't even say she has the biggest and prettiest eyes among the actresses he has worked with. Saying such would have been counter intuitive to the goal of winning his ex back because his ex was one of those actresses he worked with in the past.

2. And if SJH had feelings for KJH (and vice-versa), she wouldn't have said she is ready to date and meet a guy.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

@PreciousByTheBay, they are just jealous. Don’t bother to waste your energy on them. Please carry on with your IG posts. We shippers love it.

Yes. Which was why I mentioned that thoughts like those run counter to the individual behaviors of SSH and SJH during and after filming. Btw, I sent you a DM @fiona628 :)

4 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Yes! Can anyone help with the translation with that part right before he sang lines from Coffee With Me? Help me save $$ because I swear to all the KDrama gods, I am so close to hiring professional translation services because the mention of that song's lyrics, alone, is intriguing! My phone storage is close to hating me right now because I might end up making another FMV based on Coffee With Me. :lol:

By the way, as the ship grows, we're encountering more and more naysayers of our OTP. Last night, someone forwarded a tarot card reading that says SSH is still not over his ex and that SJH actually has feelings for KJH (and vice-versa) of CLOY.

This we can say:

1. If SSH were still not over his ex and was wishing to win her back, he wouldn't be touchy-feely with SJH in the BTS clips and wouldn't even say she has the biggest and prettiest eyes among the actresses he has worked with. Saying such would have been counter intuitive to the goal of winning his ex back because his ex was one of those actresses he worked with in the past.

2. And if SJH had feelings for KJH (and vice-versa), she wouldn't have said she is ready to date and meet a guy.

Really?  If that's the case for both, then SSH and SJH have a lot of explaining to do because all that offscreen interaction wasn't really necessary. They should have kept them in front of the camera instead. 

I think SSH's long-time fans can tell us if he's ever been this touchy-feely with a female co-star that he has no feelings for, even as he's carrying on a relationship with another. And SJH fans can do the same.  

You're right @PreciousByTheBay, it does run counter to the way their personalities are, at least the personalities that they have revealed to us. 

It was their BTS clips that actually convinced me that there seems to be something special between them. And I could see the progression as their drama went along. Initially, they were just very friendly and comfortable with each other, and that was clear with the way SSH likes to make her laugh and how SJH loves to hit SSH whenever he cracks a joke or they have an NG. Even during their presscon, I was already surprised especially at SJH. She touched him freely and laughed with him openly. I'm not used to seeing that kind of behavior especially among Korean actors and actresses, much less at a presscon.

And duh. The "I really like you" BTS clip was straight to the point. If SSH were still with Liu Yifei, he would never say something like that and on SJH's BTS camera no less. And that radio interview when he talked about her eyes.

As for SJH, yes, she's more reserved with her feelings but we all saw how open and comfortable she was with SSH in all their BTS. And I personally think she wouldn't have agreed to doing those kisses with him if she weren't, which she herself admitted in her recent interview.  From what I've read from her fans' comments, she's a shy and conservative person, which probably explains why all her onscreen kisses before DM have been the close-lipped, light touch on the lips kind.

I've watched her in CLOY with KJH and I think I might be one of the few who didn't really care much for their romance. I loved Seo Dan and wanted her to be happy and I wasn't surprised when they paired her with Gu Seung Jun as he was the most logical option. I also thought this unexpected romance was a good idea for Seo Dan's character growth (because I loved Seo Dan!) but it wasn't something that triggered my shipper reaction. They had chemistry, yes, and that made the romance work.  But SJH and KJH offscreen give me an air of warm friendliness. 

With SSH and SJH, there is always that underlying sexual tension (that sizzle or fire, as other viewers have also noticed) in their interactions, no matter the nature of their banter.  :)

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Omg I am SO glad this forum is back up!! I felt slightly lost without being able to meet and read what everyone had to say the last few days.

Thank you everyone for continuing to contribute, I will backread in detail later, but I thought I could quickly give my 2 cents worth re. the radio interview even if my korean isn't quite all there.

@huckleberrymoonriver @fiona628 @PreciousByTheBay So at 30:13 Yeong Cheol asked SSH to record a morning wake up call for the fans out there, and SSH sang Paul Kim's song. From what I know, SSH often listens to PK, even on I live Alone that (PK's songs) was on his playlist. Plus he did seem rather flustered at the sudden request and just "blurted" out the song.

The rest of the conversation between 30:13 and 32:13 was nothing significant, just SSH reenacting a line from Autumn in my Heart to a special request from a fan who wrote in to share her woes about gaining weight due to her unhealthy late night snack choice such as fried chicken/tteokbokki/pigs trotters. SSH then cringed after saying the line and commented that it is not uncommon for actors to be asked to renact a famous quote from a well known drama. Howwever during filming, due to the setup and atmosphere on set, whilst everyone is immersed and concentrating, it is easier to recite lines that are romantic/touching but could seem cheesy IRL without context (in ref to that line from Autumn in my Heart).

SSH was also queried by a radio listener what Kim Yeong Cheol meant to him and he said whilst they haven't been acquainted for that long (they met thru DM), he is a fun and well mannered older friend who is worth keeping in contact with for a long time to come.

Then Kim Yeong Cheol goes on to read out the lines that identifies his radio program and gets SSH to do the same "you are now listening to KYC's powerfm..." to which he also sings PK's song at the end of it again. (Again if there are fluent korean speakers in here please feel free to correct me!)

But wow, interesting observation @huckleberrymoonriver . If he really did choose that song with purpose, plus his Ra.D song request, :fullofhearts: he is SUPER romantic! His "read my words between the lines of my song requests" are sooo strategically planned. Hahaha

@akhenaten I agree with all your observations, no way SSH is seeing anyone if he is so forward with his praises for SJH even if it was for 'promotion' of the drama. And no way would they be so comfortable with skinship off camera if they had a significant other half.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Really?  If that's the case for both, then SSH and SJH have a lot of explaining to do because all that offscreen interaction wasn't really necessary. They should have kept them in front of the camera instead. 

I think SSH's long-time fans can tell us if he's ever been this touchy-feely with a female co-star that he has no feelings for, even as he's carrying on a relationship with another. And SJH fans can do the same.  

I had two interesting conversations with two of SSH's long-time fans about this. One of them shared a couple of BTS clips we could use for reference. It may not be the most accurate comparison tool as the nature of these shows may not be romcom like DM but it's better than nothing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGOdvwJKy6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJwFxrJHme/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The consensus this first SSH fan and I had was that his off screen interactions with SJH  speak volumes. As opposed to the BTS clips (or at least the ones above) with his female co-stars in his other shows, he's more flirty and touchy-feely with SJH. I apologize if I don't have better words as an alternative to "flirty" and "touchy-feely" but there really is no better way to describe his interactions with our girl.... :sweatingbullets:

For the second SSH fan I spoke with, this is more on the controversial side. Remember when SSH said that doing DM is a healing experience for him and that KHK's personality is 90% him? This second fan noted the parallelism between KHK-NE and SSH and his ex. The way she sees it, KHK's closure on his past with NE may possibly be the same as how SSH feels with his last relationship. It is for this reason why she doubts that tarot card reading which says he isn't over his ex yet. She believes he has moved on and is happy with his present situation like what happened to KHK with DH. For the record, I don't believe in tarot card readings. But sometimes, speculations like that can and do knock the wind out of anyone's sails which is why it was good to hear from perspectives of other fans. :)

As for SJH, SSH fans are actually requesting for a better understanding of her; if she behaved the same with her male co-stars the way she was with SSH off screen, etc. However, it is worth noting from her Hankooki interview when she said "I tend to express when I'm dating". This had us going back to her BTS clips with SSH when she was very warm, playful and expressive with him. This somehow tells us her level of fondness for him, a crush on him perhaps which could lead to something more with the right push and move from him? :wub:

• Like 4

Just want to share some excerpts from the interview on Seo Ji Hye published 7/27/20.

https://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009977451

It is worth noting about some things she said:

I want to get a proposal that really means'marry me,' just before the wedding appointment." 

The ideal type that Seo Ji-hye wants is a'friend-like' man. I want a person who can comfortably walk like a friend and hold hands. However, it is not easy to meet a good person or to have a date. Seo Ji-hye's worries about dating and marriage were no different from other women's. "Previously, I was passive in love. If I am in love now, I think it will change positively. There are times when past encounters come to regret, but when I didn't express my heart to my heart, I regret it later. So If I meet someone, I think I should convey my heart completely. Of course, it would be possible to meet someone. (Laughter) As you get older, the feeling of love is very difficult. It's not really easy to go all in to one person, I have to have pure love, but I think I can do that. Nowadays, it's difficult to do this because I'm rethinking everything."

Seo Ji-hye, who has spent all of her work for two years, plans to take a break and refresh. He has a long distance from'Jipsunyi', so he is planning what to do while he is resting. "I'm going to take some time off and watch it little by little. If I have a good character, I can come back as soon as possible, but now I'm going to take a little time of my own. It's a situation, and I'm looking for a hobby that I can do at home. I'm not Jisoon and I'm active, so I have to do something. I'm thinking about learning to cook this time."

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Just want to share some excerpts from the interview on Seo Ji Hye published 7/27/20.

https://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009977451

It is worth noting about some things she said:

I want to get a proposal that really means'marry me,' just before the wedding appointment." 

The ideal type that Seo Ji-hye wants is a'friend-like' man. I want a person who can comfortably walk like a friend and hold hands. However, it is not easy to meet a good person or to have a date. Seo Ji-hye's worries about dating and marriage were no different from other women's. "Previously, I was passive in love. If I am in love now, I think it will change positively. There are times when past encounters come to regret, but when I didn't express my heart to my heart, I regret it later. So If I meet someone, I think I should convey my heart completely. Of course, it would be possible to meet someone. (Laughter) As you get older, the feeling of love is very difficult. It's not really easy to go all in to one person, I have to have pure love, but I think I can do that. Nowadays, it's difficult to do this because I'm rethinking everything."

Seo Ji-hye, who has spent all of her work for two years, plans to take a break and refresh. He has a long distance from'Jipsunyi', so he is planning what to do while he is resting. "I'm going to take some time off and watch it little by little. If I have a good character, I can come back as soon as possible, but now I'm going to take a little time of my own. It's a situation, and I'm looking for a hobby that I can do at home. I'm not Jisoon and I'm active, so I have to do something. I'm thinking about learning to cook this time."

Oh wow! So this is somewhat different from her earlier interviews several days ago when people thought she's assessing projects offered to her after DM?

Also, wow. A "friend-like" man with whom she can comfortably walk and hold hands. Aaaand instantly I dial back to that scene when DH and HK held hands for the first time. Life imitating art, is that you????! :heart:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Also, wow. A "friend-like" man with whom she can comfortably walk and hold hands. Aaaand instantly I dial back to that scene when DH and HK held hands for the first time. Life imitating art, is that you????! :heart:

BTS, walking on the sidewalks and the "friend-like" man just made her furious by letting go of her hand but ended up being friendly and quirky again together.. :joy:

Talking about naysayers, I thought they also have this attention seeking behaviors.. The OTP Shipping fandom is increasing and it's possible others were just lurking to say  something that may make someone "rethink" if they really are to be shipped.. However, these acts trigger the shippers to defend our OTP and when the shippers say something "not good" on the commentors they point fingers and would elaborate on how we act.. I agree on the suggestions we ignore on responding to those "haters" of our OTP and just keep the positive vibes coming to attract more positivity about how these two will make it from reel to real..

Keep your ninja observations coming and make noises only  for them..

SJH X SSH SHIP SAILS NEVER DIE!! :hooray:

HAHAHA :D Have a great day y'all!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@PreciousByTheBay I really think SJH is also thinking about marriage now and when she meets the right man she would get married in a heartbeat. She said that if she is in love now, she will not be passive like in the past and if she meets someone, she thinks she should convey her heart completely because past encounters come to regret when she didn't express her heart. I'm hoping that Song Seung Heon really formally confess his feelings to SJH if he really meant when he said "I really like you" to SJH in the BTS. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Whoa. When was this? When did he let go of her hand and she got furious because of that? lol

@PreciousByTheBay BTS before HK got his accident.. If I'm not mostake  LJH used the BTS cam, SSH and SJH swinged their hands but he threw SJH hand after the "cut" scene.. Hahaha XD