[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

C86-BCE83-F2-D3-412-F-8-DB5-E81-BAE7-D5-

C2224-F18-0-B5-A-477-E-B4-C5-9-E3-DB0668

E6-C0926-E-5-EF6-4158-9-ADA-41-ECF43-EB9

Spoiler

E6010355-E328-47-EA-891-C-0-BB74-C061-CA

QUICK PLOT ROUND-UP

Woo Do Hee (Seo Ji Hye), a producer from a media company, believes that her boyfriend Lee Young Dong (Lee Jung Hyun) is going to propose to her. She then flies all the way to Jeju Island to meet her boyfriend. However, to her surprise, her boyfriend is proposing to someone else.

Devastated and heartbroken, she comes across Kim Hae Kyung (Song Seung Heon) a psychiatrist and food therapist. The two decide to have dinner together and later on, they became "dinner mate". But there are rules - they cannot share personal information such as names, profession and family backgrounds. And, falling in love is strictly prohibited as their relationship is being dinner mates only.

Throughout the process, Hae Kyung and Do Hee start feeling attracted to each other. Things get complicated when each of their exes show up, and their weaknesses get revealed by their former partners.

HIGHLIGHTS

ICONIC SCENES BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S

The drama opens re-creating the iconic scene from the 1960's film, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Like the movie's heroine, Do Hee completes Audrey Hepburn's look by wearing a classic black dress. She even mimicked the scene of having a light breakfast with coffee and pastry, while standing in front of a jewelry shop. There is also one scene from the drama where she watched the movie and admitted that she really love the film.

Spoiler

CRASH LANDING ON YOU

Crash Landing On You fans, where you at? When we thought our hearts get finally fulfilled with the void the drama has left us, say no more, because we got more!

2N Box's PD Woo Do Hee is planning for a new content. While brainstorming for ideas, she opt using "past life regression method" wherein a psychiatrist from the computer screen hypnotizes her to regain her past life memories. The psychiatrist from the screen states, “You are walking on a field with soft grass. Does anything come into sight?

Woo Do Hee gets immersed, giving a glimpse of the man in a military uniform. Music cue! Crash Landing on You OST starts playing. She starts speaking in North Korean accent, “I see a comrade in a military uniform." The man in the uniform appears to be Kim Hae Kyung and calls her Dan. She utters, "Dan! That's my name. 

Spoiler

STRIKING CAMEOS PLAYER ACTORS

Remarkably, the drama stars the actors from Song Seung Heon's previous drama project Player.

In the first episode, Lee Si Eon and Tae Won Seok appeared as food truck owners, whereas, in the drama Player, Lee Si Eon played the role of Im Byung Min the professional hacker while Tae Won Seok is the softie fighter named Do Jin Woong.

Taking the role of the nosy yet extremely caring nurse named Lee Byeong Jin is Kim Seo Kyung who appeared in Player as Mike. Woo Do Hee's father (Jung Eun Pyo) also starred in Player as Jin Yong Joon.

One of our favorite seasoned actors Kim Won Hae who often takes on versatile roles, appeared in the drama as a depressed widower. He played the role of Jang In Kyu in the drama Player.

SANDARA PARK

Sandara Park, the member of the phenomenal K- Pop group 2NE1 appeared in the drama as a former idol and actress. She was diagnosed with anorexia and suffers with stress due to hateful online comments about her.

VIBRANT OSTS

Dinner Mate by OVAN

Spoiler

"Yummy Yummy" by MC Mong (feat.

Chancellor)

Spoiler

"Dear My Star" by Sondia

Spoiler

"More Than Words" by SHAUN

Spoiler

"Midnight Cinderella" by Eun

Spoiler

SERIES AFTERTHOUGHTS & RECOMMENDATIONS

Delivering a clear and delicate story about relationships, Dinner Mate hits the right notes in balancing humor and romance. The unique and eventful first encounter of the main leads provide big laughs and got me hooked in its pilot week. On a serious tone, the drama sheds light on mental health issues - with the heroine's obsessive ex-boyfriend/first love.

Woo Do Hee and Kim Hae Kyung are reminders that "true love" does not come to those reluctant. It comes to people who has the courage to wholeheartedly accept someone's dark past and flaws.

The creative presentation of every segments make its 32 episodes an entertaining and satisfying watch. Plus, the chemistry of Seo Ji Hye and Song Seung Heon is what I've signed up for, which I do not regret. The equally spontaneous peppy main leads and cheerful supporting characters make it worth recommending.

Overall, Dinner Mate is a lighthearted and enjoyable drama that will definitely charm in your way, putting a sweet smile on your face. For anyone looking for a cozy and filling new drama, I would highly recommend watching Dinner Mate while having a hearty and extra special dinner night.

credit to article

https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-dinner-mate-seo-ji-hye-song-seung-heon/

• Love 2

Black Knight / Delivery Driver broadcast date

May 12, 2023

757419-C2-99-FE-4-C9-C-BA38-FF3470022-D0

6362-B160-52-FA-4-C8-B-9457-DF4-EDCA7-DE

4-B22-F4-D8-ED86-40-F8-A156-DAC51-D4-ACD

The Netflix series 'Courier Driver' will be released worldwide on May 12th.

The Netflix series 'The Courier' depicts what happens on the Korean Peninsula in the future, where people cannot live without oxygen due to extreme air pollution, and the legendary courier driver '5-8' and the refugee 'April' confront the Chunmyeong Group that dominates the new world. On May 12, the release was confirmed and the second teaser poster was released.

'Courier Driver' tells the story of delivery drivers risking their lives to deliver for everyone's survival beyond delivering goods in an environment devastated by air pollution and a society where classes have become more distinct as a result.

Kim Woo-bin as the legendary courier driver 5-8, Song Seung-heon as Ryu Seok, the successor of the Cheonmyeong Group, Kang Yoo-seok as Sawol, a refugee who envies 5-8, and Esom as Seol-ah, a military intelligence officer, unite to live a post-apocalyptic worldview. It shows the narrative and synergy of the characters.

The second teaser poster, which was released together, captures the moment of 5-8 carrying boxes from a courier vehicle running through the atmosphere covered with dust and sand. The number 05.12 written on the Chunmyeong Group courier box he carries indicates the release date of the work. 

credit to: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqWhfzBSxfK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000419014

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Throwback to SJH’s Last Magazine Photoshoot + Interview

Allure, March 2020

When she opens her eyes / Seo Ji-hye

7868297-B-690-C-4-E0-E-91-B3-E2-CC2137-D

When the perfect spring arrives, Seo Ji-hye takes on a slightly different face.

We heard that she was filming for the new drama "Shall we have dinner together?" until the morning. How are you feeling?
I closed my eyes for about 2 hours and came out. It's tiring, but it's not special for an actor. Sometimes it's physically exhausting, but making good content is the most important thing to me. Rather than thinking that it is hard work, it gives me strength if I imprint a good mindset on it.

Do you have the mindset to enjoy every situation? 
yes that's right. When your body is tired, you get tired easily and stress is high, but you overcome it by having a positive mindset. I was going to wake up today, but I had a hard time because I couldn't open my eyes, but since it's what I decided to do anyway, I came with a promise to enjoy what I had to do. As long as the results are good. Because the work remains for a lifetime.

I read an article that said that the last episode of <Crash Landing on You> topped the ratings (based on Nielsen Korea) in the same time slot for all channels, including terrestrial, on a paid platform that integrated cable, IPTV, and satellite. Do you feel it?
It's hard to feel those numbers. It's more like that because I don't go out often. <Crash Landing on You> was a new challenge for me as an actor. I tried acting in a dialect for the first time, but it wasn't easy because it was a North Korean dialect. Basically, I didn't have a lot of data, and I didn't want to exaggerate my acting. The preparation period was also long. I'm so glad and happy to be able to finish with good attention until the end. Until the end of the work, when I see people around me talking about the work and the person called 'Seodan', it leaves a lasting impression. Thanks to receiving a lot of love, I am in a state of confidence now that I am participating in a new work.

82-AC02-BF-4377-4764-874-A-D23-A0-EE6-BA

She said to the staff, "I'm just talking, but people say I speak with a North Korean dialect." That means she did a natural and successful acting. There are many people who praise your diction. Do you have any special training methods? Something like 'the soy sauce plant manager is Kang and the soybean paste plant manager is Gong'?
haha. You're doing very well. There is no special training. It's a basic ability that an actor should have, so I'm practicing hard and working hard. Sometimes there are really bad pronunciations. In that case, I will go through each one and practice until I can do it. In general, there are some things that sound a little clearer when you speak while you breathe out than when you breathe in.

I think there is also a sense of security that the voice gives. This was especially the case when she delivered the news in "Jealousy Incarnate", where she played an announcer. 
When I was young, my low-pitched voice was a complex. At that time, the roles given to me were mainly those that stood out, but it was difficult because the lively high tone did not work well. As I got older year by year and time passed, I came to like my voice as I got a role that went well with my voice. I changed my mind to a better view.

Compared to when you debuted and now, do you think the range of choices available to female characters and actresses has increased?
Before, there were a lot of characters who were much more passive. It's still lacking, but I feel like the female character has become more independent. The genre has also diversified. I am also keeping pace with the way I express characters according to the trend of the times. I wish I could meet more cool female characters.

It was worth resting after "Crash Landing on You" but I went straight to the set of "Shall we have dinner together?". Is it that attractive?
Like I said before, I was in a state of confidence, and I was greedy. Compared to the previous works, this work has a lot more quantity, and it is a character that I have not tried. If not now, will this opportunity come again? When the opportunity came, I wanted to grab it right away. It would be nice to go on a trip and take a break, but more important than that is my main job. You can take a break after finishing your work well. I'm a little worried about whether I can physically endure it, but if I overcome it, it's enough. (Laughs)

Are you eager to work?
I am not a workaholic. Just moving my body and having work to do is the reason I live. If I do nothing and rest at home, I get depressed and my body hurts. I rather get or emit good energy when I work.

When you finish this work, where do you want to go?
Anywhere. I think I have to leave then. (Laughs) Originally, after finishing "Crash Landing on You", I had the intention of going to a warm country for a month-long trip. Gotta try that. A trip to find a pretty house instead of a hotel and live like a local.

"Shall we have dinner together/" is based on the original webtoon of the same name that recovers hurt feelings through meals. Can we expect a mukbang or a cooking show?
Eating scenes often appear, but that is not the main work. The focus is on telling stories about relationships and emotions through food. You often say, let's eat together once in a lifetime. Eating together is a great opportunity to get to know each other and get closer. It would be convenient to enjoy drinking alone or eating alone, but I think sharing something while eating together is also important. It will probably be a work that says that.

When can we see you?
At MBC in early May. It's still chilly in March, but once the filming is over, it might be a little hotter then.

How do you usually eat? 
I live alone so I can't eat well, but I try to find and eat healthy food as much as possible. Instead of an extreme diet, I manage it regularly. that's easier Sometimes I eat spicy food too. I like tteokbokki. I'm not the type to be actively interested in my health, but like these days, when I'm filming, I pay attention. My condition is immediately revealed on my body and face.

What are you going to eat for dinner tonight?
I haven't eaten the salad you prepared yet. I have a shoot tomorrow too, so I'm going to go home and eat salad while reading the script. I didn't have anything to eat at home at the time, but that's okay. I will eat well.

How are the people with you? Working with good people can be an important source of energy?
I'm a bit different. I don't expect or want to work with nice people. Rather than that, I first think that I want to be a good person on set. So I hope the people who work with me have a good heart. It means I want to be that standard. I didn't know it when I was younger, but I think I know it now that I'm older. My condition affects the condition of the people on site. There are times when emotions come and go while working, and there are many times when you can't just laugh every time. Still, think about it and try again. While reading yourself

Looking at it, she worked very diligently after her debut until today. Filmography doesn't lie. 
It's been almost 20 years since I debuted. I've experienced a lot of things, and I've come this far while feeling complex emotions that can't be put into words. There will be happy moments and there will be pasts that I want to erase, but in the end, all of them will be Seo Ji-hye. I don't know what other experiences I will have in the future. I want to go through the given situation well and move forward step by step. holding up well Then, at some point, it will be in front of me again. There will be a day to look back proudly on today that has become the past.

53-AE59-E5-9-A9-A-4-AD8-93-FD-8-B9082632

credit to:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B95xe1NHLEi/?igshid=bn0wdfr02clc

https://www.allurekorea.com/2020/03/29/그녀가-눈-뜰-때-서지혜/

• Love 2