[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

1 hour ago, moomoo said:

Until now, I'm still wondering why did he shake off her hand so "violently". even if he realised that there was a BTS camera, he could do it gently and not so abruptly.  Could he be jealous of the photo which SJH took with LJH? ;-P

@moomoo I think SSH was just teasing SJH again. She did tease him before that, saying he was just being nice to her with the fan because the BTS camera was on.  So maybe he pretended not to be nice in front of the BTS camera this time, which resulted in a cute pout/ duck face from her. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

@moomoo I think SSH was just teasing SJH again. She did tease him before that, saying he was just being nice to her with the fan because the BTS camera was on.  So maybe he pretended not to be nice in front of the BTS camera this time, which resulted in a cute pout/ duck face from her. :)

Haha... they are such a adorable couple.  I simply can’t move on from them... have watched DM 3 times and never get sick of it. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, moomoo said:

Until now, I'm still wondering why did he shake off her hand so "violently". even if he realised that there was a BTS camera, he could do it gently and not so abruptly.  Could he be jealous of the photo which SJH took with LJH? ;-P

I think, he was just playful. I guess, it was already night and they were tired. So he tried to make atmosphere more cheerful. 

I have rewatched dinner mate episodes countless times, though I forward it to just the scenes of SSH and SJH. Up until now I'm still rewatching and I can't bring myself to start watching another KDrama though I intend to watch the previous works of SJH and SSH before they were on Dinner Mate. I recommended Dinner Mate to a friend of mine when it ended on July 14 and all the episodes were available online. She started watching it a day after and she finished it in two days until dawn. She said it is so good that she had forgotten about CLOY which was her previous favorite and rewatched everyday. She had rewatched dinner mate eversince and until now she continues to watch it. She said the story of KHK and WDH is so heart fluttering and addicting that she can't  get over it. She also ship SSH and SJH now and also wish that they be a couple in real life. If only SSH and SJH know how many people are wishing and praying that they be a couple in real life! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I was just thinking again of the kind of projects that SSH and SJH can possibly work on together in the future, apart from an action/drama film. I remembered the film "Me Before You" starring Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, and I thought maybe they can do something like it.  But it would be very sad and heartbreaking, though, so I'm not sure how the viewers will take it. But I'm sure they can nail the angst. :)

Oh, and among the things I wish we saw in the drama, I would have wanted a scene of them actually dancing after they became a couple. I would have loved to see Hae-kyung's fantasy come true. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akhenaten said:

I was just thinking again of the kind of projects that SSH and SJH can possibly work on together in the future, apart from an action/drama film. I remembered the film "Me Before You" starring Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, and I thought maybe they can do something like it.  But it would be very sad and heartbreaking, though, so I'm not sure how the viewers will take it. But I'm sure they can nail the angst. :)

Oh, and among the things I wish we saw in the drama, I would have wanted a scene of them actually dancing after they became a couple. I would have loved to see Hae-kyung's fantasy come true. :fullofhearts:

Me Before You had me in tears. Good movie but made me sad after watching. It was refreshing to see Emilia Clarke in a romantic comedy film after GOT. The movie was like The Fault in our Stars which made me smile and sad at the same time. 

I wish to see them in a romcom movie. With SJH’s acting prowess, she is long overdue as a lead in a movie. 
The plot will be something similar to some of my all time romcom movies:

“Under the Tuscan Sun”: about break-ups, life crisis but overall a feel good movie

“Sliding Doors”: Alternate Realities, What if’s undertones

“Sabrina”: another modern day tell tale of Cinderella

“Before Sunrise”: Two different people meeting on a train in Europe, then go around town talking and learning about each other. 

Reading SJH’s interview c/o dinner couple IG’s sealed my major girl crush on her. This woman is so real, humble, grounded and gracious. Which guy will not fall for her. She is a catch. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, mtdgmend said:

BTW, can anyone tell me how I can download / or where to buy the DM OST online? I typically buy songs off from iTunes, but can't find the OST album there or any of the individual songs. Any recommendation would be great!

Thanks in advance. Rewatching DM for the 2nd (or is it 3rd) time. Continue to stay safe and healthy.

I saw this on YT. All the OST compiled into one video

1. Dinner Mate 

2. The Girl Come and Go

3. Yummy Yummy

4. Dear My Star
5. More than Words

6. Midnight Cinderella 

credit to owner

Who is excited for this? Thought if would be SSH’s solo virtual fan meet but better than nothing

AF343205-4-ABB-4311-9-F3-A-E7-A7-FB0-F59

Actors Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Song Seung Heon, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Lee Kwang Sooare set to greet fans this month with a special fan meeting!

King Kong by Starship, the home of all five actors, will join hands with social media platform TikTok to hold an online fan meeting.

On August 3, the agency shared, “On August 14 (Friday) at 8 p.m. KST, actors Song Seung Heon, Lee Dong Wook, Yoo Yeon Seok, Lee Kwang Soo, and Kim Bum will hold a global fan meeting on TikTok. This fan meeting is for both domestic and overseas fans. It is a difficult time to communicate with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but we hope this opportunity will be a little more encouraging and enjoyable for the fans.”

Titled “TikTok Stage with Men and Mission,” the fan meeting consists of two-way communication segments where the actors try to fulfill specific missions and make fans’ wishes come true upon success. It will be a time of special chemistry and surprise performances.

In the official poster, the five actors pose in impeccable black-and-white suits. Song Seung Heon, Kim Bum, and Yoo Yeon Seok show off their charismatic gazes, while Lee Dong Wook and Lee Kwang Soo look gently at the camera with subtle smiles.

“TikTok Stage with Men and Mission” will air on August 14 at 8 p.m. KST via TikTok.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1416683wpp/lee-dong-wook-kim-bum-song-seong-heon-yoo-yeon-seok-and-lee-kwang-soo-to-hold-virtual-fan-meeting

Ah so that is the reason why SSH made a Tiktok account. 

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images, gifs, videos, or animated emojis.
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@nyzah13 and @fiona628 THANK YOU, for the recommendations! 

17 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

I have rewatched dinner mate episodes countless times...

I recommended Dinner Mate to a friend of mine when it ended on July 14 and all the episodes were available online. She started watching it a day after and she finished it in two days until dawn. She said it is so good that she had forgotten about CLOY which was her previous favorite and rewatched everyday. She had rewatched dinner mate eversince and until now she continues to watch it. She said the story of KHK and WDH is so heart fluttering and addicting that she can't  get over it. She also ship SSH and SJH now and also wish that they be a couple in real life. If only SSH and SJH know how many people are wishing and praying that they be a couple in real life! 

Me too!!! At first I would re-watch my favorite heart fluttering scenes, but lately re-watched it for the 2 or 3rd time. 

Like your friend, CLOY was my favorite (and first after a lllloonnnggg hiatus from kdramas) and could not get over it even if I watched countless kdramas before DM. 

Safe to say that I've moved passed CLOY, still shipping BINJIN though albeit from afar. HEONHYE personally seems more my speed. :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:04 AM, fiona628 said:

Me Before You had me in tears. Good movie but made me sad after watching. It was refreshing to see Emilia Clarke in a romantic comedy film after GOT. The movie was like The Fault in our Stars which made me smile and sad at the same time. 

I wish to see them in a romcom movie. With SJH’s acting prowess, she is long overdue as a lead in a movie. 
The plot will be something similar to some of my all time romcom movies:

“Under the Tuscan Sun”: about break-ups, life crisis but overall a feel good movie

“Sliding Doors”: Alternate Realities, What if’s undertones

“Sabrina”: another modern day tell tale of Cinderella

“Before Sunrise”: Two different people meeting on a train in Europe, then go around town talking and learning about each other. 

Reading SJH’s interview c/o dinner couple IG’s sealed my major girl crush on her. This woman is so real, humble, grounded and gracious. Which guy will not fall for her. She is a catch. 

@fiona628 I love "Before Sunrise" the sequels after it too but the first meeting are always what makes it great and the sequel stories really defines true love, they still find each other and knew they need to be together.

I am having a major girl crush on SJH as well, and as what she said on the interview maybe because of her "sister vibe" that everyone is admiring her.. Being true to oneself is one of the best thing that will really make a person like you, and that's what she's been doing ever since. I also read on her interview that she is an ENTP, now I know or have an idea why people would tell why she has a short temper, it's because she's a "Debater" she always speaks of her idea in her perspective. HAHAHA XD
But actually, the way she expresses her ideas kinda have some wits or she responds with little sarcasm (and maybe only the people who can easily catch it or with wits can receive it without any judgement. Idk if the word "sarcastic" is the right word to use.. Hehehe ^^) I saw this on her self-cam when she asked first GinJyu the one with crush on Sora if he's sad then he said, "Can't you see the tears in here?" then she suddenly replied, "Really? You yawned, right?" They were laughing, actually GinJyu replied something that wasn't translated, "Jinjja neomu ppalla!" which means "that was fast!" He didn't expect SJH to comment on that yawn thing she asked him.. HAHAHA XD
Clever SJH.. I think she can have the nation's older sister name in Korea... Hehehe ^_^

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, fiona628 said:

It was mentioned in the 2 episode. Lee Byeong-Jin compared KHK adventure with this movie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, airgelaal said:

It was mentioned in the 2 episode. Lee Byeong-Jin compared KHK adventure with this movie.

Yes after DH and HK met at Jeju and asked if their story will be like "Before Sunrise" movie.. HAHAHA XD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

I am having a major girl crush on SJH as well, and as what she said on the interview maybe because of her "sister vibe" that everyone is admiring her.. Being true to oneself is one of the best thing that will really make a person like you, and that's what she's been doing ever since
Clever SJH.. I think she can have the nation's older sister name in Korea... Hehehe ^_^

SJH does have the tendency to be sarcastic. Like how she also told SSH he was only holding a fan for her since there is a BTS camera. But she still sounded endearing that you cannot get upset with her. It can also be her voice too since she is very soft spoken. 

Nation’s Older sister. Ahahaha. I like that. 

But I would rather have Nation’s Biggest Beautiful eyes. Hihihi. 

5 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

Yes after DH and HK met at Jeju and asked if their story will be like "Before Sunrise" movie.. HAHAHA XD

@airgelaal, @nyzah13, really Byung Jin said that? Now I have to rewatch that part. 
Was it on Episode 2?

Aside from IG fandom, a lot of OTP fandom are also surging in FB. For new shippers who just finished watching DM, majority said that the last episode are SSH and SJH playing their real selves and not KHK and WDH.

Such as...

The Restaurant Bickering

E6-F1-E1-A5-3-F5-B-41-CE-9-A0-D-35-F4471

Those “Sweet Smiles”

F1-D14-DD1-EE3-F-4613-B6-CB-0-A4-B1-A8-B

This is SJH not WDH getting teary eyed

D90-A1-EBE-E079-427-A-8-DE4-6-FFC8-C4884

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Where can I watch online Seo Ji Hye's Chunja's Special Day also known as Happy Events at Chunja's or Chunja's Happy Events? I tried searching for it in most streaming sites, but they don't have it. The plot seems nice. I would be watching SJH 's past works this week. I have a new found admiration for her as I knew more about her from her interviews recently which were translated by IG dinner_couple. 

I've started watching ep 1 of SSH's "The Player".  Looks to be a lot of fun. Not sure yet about "Black" and his other past works.  I've seen clips of "Black" and I don't feel any sort of tension between him and Go Ara, though I liked her well enough in the drama "Haechi".

As for SJH, does she have any past project that's not so sad? I think most of her works were straight drama/melodramas. I'm not really into that. :mellow:

5 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Where can I watch online Seo Ji Hye's Chunja's Special Day also known as Happy Events at Chunja's or Chunja's Happy Events? I tried searching for it in most streaming sites, but they don't have it.

I could not find it in Netflix or dramacool. The plot sounds like a family drama. I am not too keen on family drama but the plot sounds promising.

3 hours ago, akhenaten said:

As for SJH, does she have any past project that's not so sad? I think most of her works were straight drama/melodramas. I'm not really into that. :mellow:

I recommend “Over the Rainbow”. It’s one of her early works with her BFF Kim Ok Bin. She had great chemistry with Ji Hyun Woo and Hwanhee.  It’s a drama about struggles of being an idol. The theme is not too heavy. 
I have also watched Legend of Hyang Dan with Choi Si Won. It is a 4 episode saeguk drama with some comedic undertones. 

She was also awesome in Jealousy Incarnate and even won Excellence Award for her role.

I want to watch Heart Surgeons. She is the female lead on that drama and she also won Excellence Award. But after DM, I am not in the mood for some heavy medical drama.

Just want to share this comment from FB fan page. One fan mentioned when she went to search for SSH in google, under “People Also Search For” SJH’s name pops up as the first female celebrity. But when she searched for SJH, SSH’s name is not the first that pops up. Lol. Fans are really pushing SSH with SJH. :) 

Who will not love this woman?

AF15-A8-BF-76-DE-49-AF-8-CE1-FAD3-D57-BE

credit to IG owner

• Like 1

@fiona628 about what you said:

"Aside from IG fandom, a lot of OTP fandom are also surging in FB".

"Just want to share this comment from FB fan page. One fan mentioned when she went to search for SSH in google, under “People Also Search”, SJH’s name pops up as the first female celebrity". 

May I know what are the name of the FB pages or groups where I can find shippers of SSH and SJH? Would like to join or browse the comments too so that I will be updated on any news of our OTP. Thank you!