[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

4 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

@fiona628

Long wait.... long wait....

I hope sjh has other appearances before end of 2021.

Oh lord.

:crybaby:

I feel you.. its too long to wait until end of 2021.. were only in the 1st qtr of the year.. 

Edited by bmm serajim
  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@SexyDolceVita, @bmm serajim, usually drama productions like TVN, OCN are shot in advance right?

But this is good too since our Lovebirds will finish shooting at the same time and will have more time to themselves.

Meantime, maybe SJH can appear in Variety Shows until she gets her new project.

I was thinking:

My Ugly Duckling where SSH’s BFF Shin Dong Yup Is the host and the Moms can interrogate her about her lovelife. :) 

House on Wheels since she likes traveling

Gamsung Camping

One Days Two Nights

Unexpected Business

Yoo Quiz

Knowing Bros/Ask Us Anything.

Point is we need another variety show follow-up on her ILA guesting. She was so natural and endearing in ILA.

• Like 4

Seo Ji-hye’s interview with Woman Sense

Posted on 11/10/2016 by anopinion
32353-186725-sample-e1495424425208.jpg
20161031_1477890638_19952200_1_99_201610
Seo Ji-hye appeared as Kim Rae-won’s junior prosecutor Choi Yeon-jin in the drama Punch which aired last year and she’s striking a chord with viewers through her role as the observant reporter Hong Hye-won in Jealousy Incarnate. Hong Hye-won has the persistence and loyalty of Choi Yeon-jin and also a chic charm to her. Despite having limited screen time, her screen presence is unrivaled. The appeal of the character does not even lose out to the love triangle of Jo Jung-seok, Gong Hyo-jin and Go Gyeong-pyo. Her brilliant dialogues with “beeps” mixed between profanities have captured attention and Hong Hye-won is truly a girl-crush-worthy character. To the senior announcer who refuses to be drawn in by her, she says “let’s go for a drink together.” and when subjected to a drunken confession, she returns it with “do you know who I am?”.
Having met and seen Seo Ji-hye in person, she’s really pretty. That can of course be attributed to her fancy good looks but above all it’s her amicable disposition which makes her even more attractive. Even though she’s stifling yawns due to a lack of sleep, she still smiles brightly in front of the camera. There’s no one who can be immune to the charms of the professional Seo Ji-hye.

You look tired?
I’ve been filming the drama, going for various photoshoots and even variety programs one after the other and so I haven’t had enough sleep. But I’m trying not to show it, is it still obvious? If I look tired it’ll incommode others around me too…

I heard that you’re filming Running Man after the photoshoot.
I’m appearing together with Kim Joon-hyun, Shinee’s Minho, Yang Se-chan and others. Even though it’s tiring running around but it’s also fun. I was really worried that I’ll be awkward since I have virtually no experience with variety but I’m appearing alongside veterans (in the field) and they took good care of me so we were able to wrap up well.

Is there any reason why you haven’t been on many variety shows?
There isn’t a specific reason but I think it’s stressful if the attention is all on me. It’s a different field compared to acting. I’m afraid because I have no idea what to do. I avoid it because I won’t be enjoying myself but it seems like it’s enough if you show that you worked hard. It’ll be good if this opportunity to appear in Running Man leads to chances to appear in other variety programs in the future.

Many people like your character in Jealousy Incarnate as a girl-crush. How’s the atmosphere on set?
It’s unbelievably good. The ratings are good, the public reception is good and so we’re filming very happily. Compared to the other actors my screen time isn’t that much so I’ve been filming comfortably. I’m almost apologetic for being so relaxed.

What made you decide on taking up the drama?
The character is sort of similar to the ones I have done so far but I liked that there are some subtle differences. I met with the scriptwriter after the casting and the character reflects my own character with her straight talk and chicness. Even though I may look coy but in reality my personality is very much like a guy’s. (Laughs) It’s fun to create a character like this, she’s very unique and the script is good too.

So the character is similar to the actual Seo Ji-hye?
Just that I don’t curse. Except on occasions. (Laughs) Overall we are very similar. It’s just that in the drama those personality traits are amplified.

How are they amplified?
Hong Hye-won is someone who isn’t concerned about what others think of her. She says what she thinks, and she dives straight in when she wants to do something. That’s her style. That part of me was highlighted.

Easy-going female characters seem more likeable.
My image is rather feminine so all this time I’ve mainly been taking up stoic characters. I’ll like to act in roles which require more expression. Easy-going, more “masculine” type of characters. Action is good too. (I realise that SK actresses all have this inexplicable desire to do action. WHY?)

Even though you’re easy-going, you don’t seem like the type who will say harsh words.
My problem is that I’m too harsh toward my friends. (Laughs) I don’t really think over it and I just say things bluntly. In that aspect I’m similar to the character.

What is the first thing you want to do after the drama ends?
I want to go on a vacation (overseas). So much that even though filming hasn’t ended I’ve already started making plans. The weather is cold so I will be going to a hotter country. I’m also planning a domestic trip.

There are a lot of tourist destinations even in Korea.
That’s right. There are places which may be better than going overseas too. I especially like Jeju Island. I go there almost once every year.

Seems like you’ve caught the travel bug.
When my head’s really tangled up (confused), or when I want to take a rest, I like to grab my passport and go on a trip. Because of the characteristics of this job, I can go only when there is a break between schedules. I have a lot of friends around me who are married too so it’s not easy (finding a companion). So whenever I have the time, I’ll gather all my friends who are free and go on a trip.

You don’t seem to gain weight at all consider how you travel around a lot (and presumably eat a lot is probably what the reporter is asking).
I put in a lot of effort actually. I’m the type to gain weight easily if I stop exercising even for just a while. When I’m resting (there is no work) I exercise for the whole day. That’s the extent to which I work. I used to do boxing, weight training and all sorts of stuff but the one which suits me most is pilates. I like workouts which build muscles. I also control my diet. There are times when I just eat tofu and salad.

How do you take care of your skin?
I’m really careful about skincare. I drink a lot of water and make sure to rinse my face properly. It’s more important to remove your make-up thoroughly than to put on your make-up well. (Laughs) I sometimes go to the dermatologist for treatment as well. Acting is a job where you show your face to others so you really can’t be lax about it.

Acting as a career seems really bothersome if you have to take care of yourself, and constantly be uptight about things.
It’s true that it’s bothersome because you can’t really be free to do what you want because of how others may perceive it. And because I’m a female actor, I have to be careful about my image, I can’t drink to my heart’s content, and I can’t be open about my private life too… Now it’s much easier. I’ve learnt to put down all these burdens and give myself more freedom.

What kind of burdens are there?

When I debuted in my 20s I worked non-stop. ‘I have to succeed’ was my goal and for that I just kept running (working) crazily. I didn’t know that I was only confining myself more.

And now you’ve let go of those?
Compared to then I’ve aged, and now I think ‘So what? It’s my life!’ so the pressure to do well isn’t there anymore. I’m starting to do something interesting. Compared to rushing for success I’d rather enjoy what I’m doing.

When did you start to change?
When I was in my mid-late 20s I took 2 years off (this may be in between Chunja’s Happy Events and Kim Suro). When I was planning to start work again, my friends who entered the industry at the same time were all further ahead already. I made up my mind then. I said to myself, ‘Let’s start over. Enjoy myself this time.’

What was the biggest impact this brought about?
It had the most impact on me. Everything eventually is about what I do. Because I was lacking, I wasn’t working hard enough, I have to look for the reasons in myself.

How do you want people to view you?
I have never thought about that. I just want to show my acting. I’m working hard towards my dream…

Do you have a lot of friends?
Instead of knowing a lot of people I’m the kind who has very deep relationships with just a few people. I still meet my friends from when I was younger, my stylist is someone I’ve worked with for over 10 years too. My friendships once forged just keep going.
(Tidbit: She and Kim Ok-bin have been very good friends since their debut in Voice.)

Do you not look forward to meeting new people?
I’m not looking forward to it, but it’s not like I’m opposed to meeting new people. I used to think ‘What does this person think of me?’ and ‘What should I do and how should I accept this (friendship)?’. I worried about these things and so I was afraid of meeting new people, but now I think ‘I can be the one to give’. Sincerity is the key, if I present my sincerity the other party will return the same.

Are you the one to “give” when you date?
I’m that type. I don’t have much aegyo and I’m not the type of girlfriend that the average guy wants. (Laughs) But when I love I love with all my heart. I’m the kind to give unconditionally. I feel happier when I give than when I receive. Ah, I don’t know. Dating is the most difficult thing. (Laughs)

What is your dream family like?
To be honest, I don’t have one. I want to get married if I meet a good person but right now there isn’t anyone and so I have no fantasies about marriage.

What kind of actor do you wish to become?
A silently hardworking actor. An actor who won’t be swayed by other’s opinions; an actor who walks her own path. It’s good to act well and not hear criticisms but even if I am reprimanded I try not to let those bug me.

What kind of projects should we expect to see Seo Ji-hye in in the future?
After Jealousy Incarnate I plan to rest for a while. I’ll be back next summer. I really want to do movies but I haven’t had the opportunity. I hope that my next project is a movie. (Laughs)

My previous post was a long translation of Seo Ji-hye’s interview for Woman Sense. Here’s a short follow up translation of netizens’ comments, I need to relax too and take a moment from my studies (ARGH).

Comments:

1. [+1815, -25] Everytime she appears on Jealousy Incarnate I’m surprised by her beauty…
  2. [+1164, -24] She’s really pretty?????
  3. [+933, -18] Hong announcer is really really pretty, the classy type of beauty.
  4. [+890, -14] Her character in SBS’s Punch was really charming~! She’s shining in her supporting role this time as well ! I’m looking forward to Seo Ji-hye’s performance in a lead role next time~!!
  5. [+725, -20] She’s beautiful on screen and beautiful in person as well, even among celebrities~ hit it big ♡

Cr. Naver, OSEN

Source Anopinion

• Love 2
  • Awesome 5
  • Insightful 1

@hrkharis

There are a lot of tourist destinations even in Korea.
That’s right. There are places which may be better than going overseas too. I especially like Jeju Island. I go there almost once every year.

omg... isnt it fate that ssh needs to shoot voice 4 on jeju island in early 2021?

Both like jeju a lot...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SexyDolceVita said:

@hrkharis

There are a lot of tourist destinations even in Korea.
That’s right. There are places which may be better than going overseas too. I especially like Jeju Island. I go there almost once every year.

omg... isnt it fate that ssh needs to shoot voice 4 on jeju island in early 2021?

Both like jeju a lot...

And SSH currently took many selfies and pictures around his shooting sites/stay in Jeju and probably send them to SJH :loveu:

He enjoys having outdoor activity (cycling mostly) to reminisce their (SShSJh) times in Jeju last year.

He even gave us great crumb by sharing pict of the Marriot hotel where delirious scene was taken (he probably has deep memory with the scene, as sjh was seductively beautiful for the scene)

This ship is absolutely sailing..its just a matter of time till we really get the actual dating/marriage confirmation

Thank you for always sharing :heart3:

• Love 8

SJH interview took place in 2016 (four years before they met).
It was clear that SSH really liked Jeju Island. Likewise, SJH we know from the interview.

When SSH got an offer for DM which the shooting of the first episode on Jeju Island, he also got an offer to star in the ILA program.
He then rented a villa there, as his residence during the DM shooting as well as the ILA program.

No one can escape his/her destiny.
SSH had a career in the industry since 1996 and SJH since 2003.

During that period they never saw each other and always crossed paths.

But when their fate came, they couldn't escape.

I always remember Keanu ahjussi's words to Woo Do-hee about what "destiny" is.

"The things about fate is that you can't cling onto it as you'd like and leave it as you'd like".

When WDH asked him: "Then we meet again"?

Keanu Ahjussi: "Maybe, because He (God) never gives you good thing for free"

spacer.png

162192497_1635305393328793_5856787432621

Spoiler

162478397_1635305346662131_7854155388601

Unfortunately, this scene is not found in the drama, only in the DM trailer.

I once read in the news and on IG shisashisanisha (I love this girl, her posts are very bold) that before SSH accepted an offer to star in DM in 2020, he got an offer to star in the historical drama "Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny" (production company: Victory Contents) .

SSH refused and chose Dinner Mate as his next project after "The Great Show" (2019).

He chose to rejoin PD Go Jae-hyun (They worked together on "Black" 2017 and "Player" 2018).

On the other hand, in 2018 Dinner Mate will be produced by another PD (not PD Go Jae-hyun), and will choose Shin Min-na as the female lead. But she refused. Then the role was offered to Hyeri. She also refused. As a male lead had not been determined.

In 2020 PD Go Jae-hyun was chosen as the PD of DM. He offered the female lead to Seo Ji-hye as the first candidate, she accepted. And as the male lead he offered Song Seung-heon, he accepted.

161932466_1635342376658428_5319990256369

Spoiler

161828910_1635342323325100_1500979655350162130405_1635342369991762_5106106618674

162494663_1635346983324634_8803977972320

We cannot imagine, if in early 2020 SSH chose "Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny", and then SMN or Hyeri, accepted the offer as female lead in DM, SSH and SJH would cross paths again.

This time it seems that SJH will have no trouble finding someone to accompany her on vacation. After they finish their projects, SSH and SJH can go to a hotter country or plan a domestic trip to Jeju Island, considering they have a lot of memories there.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

11 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

https://theactorispresent.kr/

Yeorobun (everyone), please help to monitor the above website on every Monday for the next 9 weeks to see if ssh and sjh's names are featured.

I think they release 10 male names and 10 female names every Monday from 15th March 2021 onwards.

What is the significance of this list?

Trending Actors and Actresses?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janeozten said:

What is the significance of this list?

Trending Actors and Actresses?

Huge significance.

This is an initiative launched by the Korean Film Council to showcase Korean actors and actresses to the world.

To make the 200 list is a huge recognition by industry professionals that you are one of the best actors/actresses in Korea right now.

I bet a lot of agencies are pushing for their artistes to be featured on this list now.

Ssh contributed a lot to K wave in the 2000s and also did quite a number of films. 

He has to be on the list for sure.

Sjh's performance in Cloy garnered attention globally via Netflix. She was also one of the two female leads in the horror film Voice in 2005? She did some films and her most recent film "Rampant" had her turned into a zombie which was quite a feat despite her short appearance in the film.

Hope Sjh is being featured on the list because she is also cast in Apple TV drama "Alpha Romeo".

I mean both are A listers now.

It wouldnt make sense if both arent featured on this 200 list.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/kofic_news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601007&seq=1798&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

The Korean Film Council (KOFIC, presided by KIM Young-jin) is stepping forward to promote Korean actors on the global stage. This new campaign, which will be run under the name of Korean Actors 200, is a methodical project that will consist in selecting the 200 actors (100 men and 100 women) that best represent the present and future of Korean film and introducing them to film people overseas.

The Korean Actors 200 campaign, itself a part of a larger archiving plan revolving around Korean performers, will showcase actors selected while taking into consideration their box office power over the last decade, awards earned in festivals in Korea and abroad, their level of contribution to independent cinema, and their participation in international projects.

The resulting 200-strong list will be made public in March of this year through a dedicated website. This website will contain detailed bios for each actor accompanied by portraits highlighting the areas where they excel and showreels.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

SJH
CCC10634-ECCE-4259-8662-13-FF6013-DBAB.j

8-D8-DDBDB-2-EE1-4132-BC66-784-B3-F1-A39

SSH

5-DD76885-7252-40-B4-B3-A2-DCFF65-DDDA70

I am glad SJH is no longer playing unrequited love roles after DM. 

I hope it continues in the future since playing those roles made her jaded about love.

DM thwarted her cynicism that she even mentioned in the KNTV interview she now has positive mindset on love compared to WDH. 

And of course, she and SSH from the beginning have been consistent with what they are looking for in a partner. “Someone I can be Comfortable with” and “Friend Like” relationship

And more from SJH on her ideal guy

“Guardian Like Man/Knight in Shining Armor” 

“Sunflower Like” 

Not sure what she meant by Sunflower Like as translation is messy. 

Maybe sunflower meant someone personified as the sunshine who oozes positivity and happiness

Whatever she meant, I know SSH definitely fits all the criteria of what SJH looks for in guy

Our Lovebirds are perfectly suited for each other

SJH’s 3/14/2018 Translated Interview
https://woman.donga.com/3/all/12/1243365/1

• Like 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

am glad SJH is no longer playing unrequited love roles after DM. 

I hope it continues in the future since playing those roles made her jaded about love.

DM thwarted her cynicism that she even mentioned in the KNTV interview she now has positive mindset on love compared to WDH. 

And of course, she and SSH from the beginning have been consistent with what they are looking for in a partner. “Someone I can be Comfortable with” and “Friend Like” relationship

And more from SJH on her ideal guy

“Guardian Like Man/Knight in Shining Armor” 

“Sunflower Like” 

Not sure what she meant by Sunflower Like as translation is messy. 

Maybe sunflower meant someone personified as the sunshine who oozes positivity and happiness

Whatever she meant, I know SSH definitely fits all the criteria of what SJH looks for in guy

Our Lovebirds are perfectly suited for each other

SJH’s 3/14/2018 Translated Interview
https://woman.donga.com/3/all/12/1243365/1

I agree with you @fiona628that it's like SJH is describing SSH when she mentioned her ideal guy. The same way that it's like SSH is describing SJH when he talked about his ideal woman. When these interviews were made years ago and years apart, what are the odds that SSH and SJH who have never met each other until 2020, would be looking for the same ideal type in a relationship. We call that destiny/fate/soulmates/meant to be ❤ There is no way they are just coincidences ❤ 

Just saying how comfortable Seo Ji Hye is with Song Seung Heon. I think she never did the kind of photos below with anyone. SJH becomes childlike with SSH. And same way SSH becomes childlike with SJH ❤
Looking at their photos, it seems like they know each other for years though they only knew each other for a few months when Dinner Mate was shot
They just clicked ❤

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 7

While waiting for SJH’s new IG update Sharing Old YT Videos

Parajumpers Press Event 11/3/2016

She’s so hot in here with her leather skirt and knee high boots. 
Just look at those long legs!

052-A0-E96-14-D5-48-A5-803-B-4-FDC763-C5

SHJ at 0:27

Not sure what award she got here

credit to video owners

• Like 1
  • Love 6

97-D9703-B-CF52-4-BAB-AB36-D0-C1-EBA7592

0-BF77819-0-CF2-465-E-8-D6-E-41-A39-B9-A

I am sometimes good at gag” - SJH

“SSH is very mischievous”. SJH

“SSH treated me comfortably”-  SJH

We have only seen SJH being silly and laughing her heart out during DM filming and as shown on multiple BTS.

And we have SSH to be grateful for as he made her very comfortable like a friend.
Ahem!  :wink:

F54364-A4-D576-4165-9-BEA-FE1-E1-A7-D42-

credit to dinner couple IG

Aigoo! 

They are goofing around like kids oblivious of the staff around them

TRANSLATED ARTICLE
https://m.breaknews.com/568349

• Like 1
  • Love 8

@fiona628

Thanks for the interview extracts!

I didnt know sjh is also gd at gag jokes sometimes!

Ssh is also gd at gag jokes which sjh mentioned before.

You know whenever i look at that interview sjh had done and she said how ssh is so handsome, made her feel comfortable...

I always think she was sending subtle messages out via that interview to ssh to let him know he can pursue her. Wld ssh have read the interview articles she did post dm and his radio interview? Of course!

I mean she was surprisingly very very specific in her descriptions of what qualities she wants in her man.

And these qualities happened to match well with ssh's qualities whom she had just complimented.

Like come on, hahaha what are the odds she didnt mean to give similar answers in both questions?

Subconsciously at that point in time, she was already attracted to ssh.

And im glad she spoke a lot more in the post dm interviews. She was more open and relaxed in her answers.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2