[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

16 hours ago, janeozten said:

Let’s trust their dynamics and the multiple crumbs. 
Let’s be positive and keep sailing.

I saw this on FB.

Anyone knows who these kids are?

The girl in white is pd nim's daughter.

The one with green ribbon, i have no idea.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Thanks 2

Re-sharing from previous pages while back reading.

8-A3-BE188-861-D-49-A8-BB06-57-AADAC430-

“I love with all my heart”

”I’m the kind who gives unconditionally”

Now I understand why she did not had a boyfriend for the longest time. She wanted to be careful when it comes to matters of the heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, bmm serajim said:

I really hope so.. good news will happen from this two.. coz if not.. it will break my heart... 

Ctto

Judging from how they put in efforts to protect this burgeoning love since last year...goes to show they really want this to work.

They are both the right persons at the right timing.

They checked the boxes on each other's ideal spouse list of criteria.

Like what jimmy says, now with this separation period when both will be busy with drama shoots, comes a testing time for them.

Ssh's past relationships had faltered due to separation from busy schedules.

I really hope distance and absence make their hearts grow fonder.

And with sjh bestie getting married, im pretty sure ssh is concerned about how sjh feels during this period. It may give him the motivation to ensure their relationship keeps going...

Come end of Feb 2021 marks 1 year from when they first met each other at the dm script reading...

Can't believe the progress of these two...

:ohboy2:

Edited by ferily
  • Love 4

14 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Judging from how they put in efforts to protect this burgeoning love since last year...goes to show they really want this to work.

They checked the boxes on each other's ideal spouse list of criteria.

Like what jimmy says, now with this separation period when both will be busy with drama shoots, comes a testing time for them.

Ssh's past relationships had faltered due to separation from busy schedules.

I really hope distance and absence make their hearts grow fonder.

And with sjh bestie getting married, im pretty sure ssh is concerned about how sjh feels during this period. It may give him the motivation to ensure their relationship keeps going...

Come end of Feb 2021 marks 1 year from when they first met each other at the dm script reading...

Can't believe the progress of these two...

I agree with you said this:
"Judging from how they put in efforts to protect this burgeoning love since last year ... goes to show they really want this to work.
They checked the boxes on each other's ideal spouse list of criteria ".

But I don't agree with you said this:
"Ssh's past relationships had broken due to separation from busy schedules".

I don't think we can compare SSH's past relationship with his current relationship with SJH. 

His past relationship is very complicated and very susceptible to separation.

Many factors caused them to separate. 
Apart from cultural issues, language barriers, age gap and long distance relationships are very big opportunities for them not to survive.

They separated because of busy schedules is just the best reason that SSH agency can announce to the media and the public. Through that reason, the agency hopes that wild rumors will not develop out there.
(This excuse is also often used by other agencies when they announce their actor's breakup. Too cliché.
Because there are also many other actors who can maintain their love relationship from their busy lives by dividing work and personal life)

It seems SSH agency company is very careful in issuing this statement in order to protect the big name of their actor. Because in my opinion, one of the things that made them separate was the media, especially the Chinese media, were too noisy and interfered with. It is understandable because the actress is their favorite "fairy princess".
(Surprisingly, on the actress's side, both when they declared dating and then broke up, there was no statement from the actress's agency. Doesn't she have an agency?).

Meanwhile, the relationship between SSH and SJH is without obstacles.

There are no cultural issues, language problems, age gap and not long distance relationships.

Their relationship is lovers like friends. More immortal. They certainly support each other in their work.

They can discuss together about the roles and scripts they will play. 

The distance from Seoul to Jeju Island is only three hours by plane.
During SJH spare time, she can come to SSH's rented villa in Jeju Island (remember during the ILA shooting, SSH rented the villa for his ILA program which also became the house where he stayed during the DM shooting on Jeju Island, as he said in an interview).

Or vice versa if SSH gets at least two days off, he can fly to Seoul Friday night and return to Jeju island Sunday night.
Surely SSH doesn't feel tired because the power of love makes him passionate and excited.
Like I said before, for someone who is in love three hours is not a big deal (remember SSH had a long trip to visit someone in the past).

Their meeting right now is the perfect time, as they have each lived their long careers in the industry.

The difference in their age of eight years is not a problem. Their respective careers are well established as evidenced by their success in acting in various roles and they no longer require recognition from the public.

Now is the time for them to think about their personal life and their future.
It seems that today SSH no longer wants to find a "girlfriend" but he wants someone to be his "wife".
It's in episode 10 DM, where it appeared he added adl-lib to his line "I want to get married as well" when a stressed patient told him that he wanted to get married.

Spoiler

152441355_1617026638490002_2444142390178

And on the Japanese TV interview, the interviewer asked SSH and SJH, "Which scene and lines impress you"? After SSH said some impressive scenes and lines, he ended by saying that many of the scenes were memorable in DM.

Spoiler

152910306_1617071615152171_5852854891555

If I can guess, one of the scenes and lines that impressed SSH was episode 4, where KHK said to his patient that:

"Couples who share meals together everyday are happier than couples who share the same bed.

That's how important it is to eat together, face to face". (Kim Hae-kyung)

The patient replied that: "We always had dinner together".

Spoiler

152226295_1617026528490013_8376628821712

152558590_1617026521823347_2499790158013

153291880_1617026621823337_6147244563439

152645597_1617026535156679_7783550886083

So when the question comes in the Japanese TV interview :
"Who come to your mind when you're asked 'Would you like to eat dinner together'"?

SSH answered firmly: "Se Ji-hye comes to my mind"

Spoiler

152038543_1617026665156666_2496722829713

Actually this is one of "the hints" from SSH that he chose SJH to accompany him to dinner every day of his life. 
He feels happy because he can always look at her every day.

It's like when KHK proposed to WDH at the end of DM drama.

Spoiler

152362440_1617092745150058_4468736084599

153225606_1617092718483394_4591597611189

Credit:

- MBC

- Dinnermate_couple IG

• Love 4
  • Awesome 3

8 hours ago, hrkharis said:

I agree with you said this:
"Judging from how they put in efforts to protect this burgeoning love since last year ... goes to show they really want this to work.
They checked the boxes on each other's ideal spouse list of criteria ".

But I don't agree with you said this:
"Ssh's past relationships had broken due to separation from busy schedules".

I don't think we can compare SSH's past relationship with his current relationship with SJH. 

His past relationship is very complicated and very susceptible to separation.

Many factors caused them to separate. 
Apart from cultural issues, language barriers, age gap and long distance relationships are very big opportunities for them not to survive.

They separated because of busy schedules is just the best reason that SSH agency can announce to the media and the public. Through that reason, the agency hopes that wild rumors will not develop out there.
(This excuse is also often used by other agencies when they announce their actor's breakup. Too cliché.
Because there are also many other actors who can maintain their love relationship from their busy lives by dividing work and personal life)

It seems SSH agency company is very careful in issuing this statement in order to protect the big name of their actor. Because in my opinion, one of the things that made them separate was the media, especially the Chinese media, were too noisy and interfered with. It is understandable because the actress is their favorite "fairy princess".
(Surprisingly, on the actress's side, both when they declared dating and then broke up, there was no statement from the actress's agency. Doesn't she have an agency?).

Meanwhile, the relationship between SSH and SJH is without obstacles.

There are no cultural issues, language problems, age gap and not long distance relationships.

Their relationship is lovers like friends. More immortal. They certainly support each other in their work.

They can discuss together about the roles and scripts they will play. 

The distance from Seoul to Jeju Island is only three hours by plane.
During SJH spare time, she can come to SSH's rented villa in Jeju Island (remember during the ILA shooting, SSH rented the villa for his ILA program which also became the house where he stayed during the DM shooting on Jeju Island, as he said in an interview).

Or vice versa if SSH gets at least two days off, he can fly to Seoul Friday night and return to Jeju island Sunday night.
Surely SSH doesn't feel tired because the power of love makes him passionate and excited.
Like I said before, for someone who is in love three hours is not a big deal (remember SSH had a long trip to visit someone in the past).

Their meeting right now is the perfect time, as they have each lived their long careers in the industry.

The difference in their age of eight years is not a problem. Their respective careers are well established as evidenced by their success in acting in various roles and they no longer require recognition from the public.

Now is the time for them to think about their personal life and their future.
It seems that today SSH no longer wants to find a "girlfriend" but he wants someone to be his "wife".
It's in episode 10 DM, where it appeared he added adl-lib to his line "I want to get married as well" when a stressed patient told him that he wanted to get married.

And on the Japanese TV interview, the interviewer asked SSH and SJH, "Which scene and lines impress you"? After SSH said some impressive scenes and lines, he ended by saying that many of the scenes were memorable in DM.

If I can guess, one of the scenes and lines that impressed SSH was episode 4, where KHK said to his patient that:

"Couples who share meals together everyday are happier than couples who share the same bed.

That's how important it is to eat together, face to face". (Kim Hae-kyung)

The patient replied that: "We always had dinner together".

So when the question comes in the Japanese TV interview :
"Who come to your mind when you're asked 'Would you like to eat dinner together'"?

SSH answered firmly: "Se Ji-hye comes to my mind"

Actually this is one of "the hints" from SSH that he chose SJH to accompany him to dinner every day of his life. 
He feels happy because he can always look at her every day.

It's like when KHK proposed to WDH at the end of DM drama.

Credit:

- MBC

- Dinnermate_couple IG

Brilliant post!

Luv it!

Just to clarify i wasnt just referring to his previous relationship with lyf.

I mentioned past relationships which also include the much earlier relationship w syr.

Just read an old interview article and he mentioned he and syr were too busy to maintain their relationship (8 months only) and if they had more time, maybe it could work.

Syr and him were shooting their respective dramas too then.

Syr is korean actress too.

One huge difference then was ssh's age. He was in his 20s compared to now.

So i really hope the more mature ssh will cherish this precious woman this time.

Right person. Right timing.

Like jimmy told me before, he only has one chance with this woman. 

Because he wont find such a woman ever again in his life.

She is really one of a kind and ticks the boxes on his list of criteria.

Edited by ferily
  • Love 5

A couple of things to keep in mine.  CF and photo shoots especially catalogs are commonly shot 6 months or more in advance of release dates.  SJH bestie comment and SJH IG notes indicating I’m sorry we have not spent any time lately plus you add SSH friend’s comment that he is not answering his calls, we can come to a conclusion that they were somewhere and my money is together.  

I recently was reviewing various COVID 19 travel restrictions to many places and keep coming back to Hawaii as an interesting option.  Policy is simple, a negative test within 72 hours and you have no quarantine requirements.  Your only quarantine would be when you return and that could be at your home with a love one as long as you both quarantine.  I am not saying it was Hawaii although I could see the appeal.

What I find interesting in these SJH interviews (previous to DM) it seems that SJH clearly stated I do not have a boyfriend.  She also seems to realize that she is a bit difficult to be with and probably has too much personality for guys to handle.  Here comes SSH who is understanding, fun, good looking, confident, accepts the person as they are and he needs/wants the discipline that SJH provides.  Most guys can’t handle it, SSH obviously can.  Come DM, now her tone changes, even with ILA, I might get married some day, I might have a kid someday and this is a slight shift.  What is funny is SJH asking Bestie would you like to get married and Bestie says no your too bossy.  Then you get SHH saying in DM wrap up, the actress with a bad attitude, laughing and loving SJH for it.  This is why it works.  ILA was huge for us.  SSH encourages SJH to do the show and this displays her vulnerabilities which she does and he loves. This show demonstrated the strength of this woman, the support of SSH and of course the many hidden gems revealed of SJH.  SJH gained popularity and support from her fans for being real.  SSH loves SJH personality as much as her appearance.  This is why SJH has shifted course from before DM.  SSH is just hooked and has it bad.

Wow, we continue to be the hot topic.

Hot Topics

• Like 1
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Brilliant post!

Luv it!

Just to clarify i wasnt just referring to his previous relationship with lyf.

I mentioned past relationships which also include the much earlier relationship w syr.

Just read an old interview article and he mentioned he and syr were too busy to maintain their relationship (8 months only) and if they had more time, maybe it could work.

Syr and him were shooting their respective dramas too then.

Syr is korean actress too.

One huge difference then was ssh's age. He was in his 20s compared to now.

So i really hope the more mature ssh will cherish this precious woman this time.

Right person. Right timing.

Like jimmy told me before, he only has one chance with this woman. 

Because he wont find such a woman ever again in his life.

She is really one of a kind and ticks the boxes on his list of criteria.

I also read the article.
At that time in 2002, SSH was 26 years old and just starting to pursue his career in the industry, while SYR was 21 years old. The days when they were young and were chasing their dreams, so a career was more important than love.  Their career journey at that time was still far from the top. A lot of temptation in the industry and it seemed that they weren't too serious in their relationship. And again the reason for the agency is the busy schedule.

Yes, I totally agree with @Jimmy Greene saying that:
"He only has one chance with this woman.
Because he wont find such a woman again ever in his life.
She is really one of a kind and ticks the boxes on his list of criteria ".

Seeing them paired up in DM, it seems they were destined to meet at the right time.

The story will be different if they have met and been paired in the previous drama or film.

You can imagine since SSH debuted in 1996 on "Three Guys and Three Girls" until he played on "The Great Show" in 2019, while SJH debuted in 2003 on "All In" until she played in "CLOY" in 2019, they never met in person, never played in the same drama or film, never attended the same awards ceremony and never invited to the same variety program, even though they had played with the same co-stars, they had played with the same TV station and had a circle of friends who knew each other.

Below is a list of their dramas and movies since their debut.

Spoiler

153176295_1617279858464680_8000958910514152516957_1617272531798746_3292559795822

1996:

- SSH debuted MBC's "Three Guys and Three Girls"

2003:
 - SJH debuted SBS's "All In"
 - They played in different dramas with the same TV station KBS2. 
 SSH starred in "Summer Scent" while SJH in "Marriage Story".

2005 to 2007:
 - SSH was on hiatus for military enlistment and scandal
 - SJH played in many dramas and two films.

2008:

- They played in different dramas with the same TV station MBC.

SSH starred in "East of Eden" while SJH in "Chunja's Happy Event"

2009:

- They were both on hiatus for one year

2013:

- They played in different dramas with the same TV station MBC.
SSH played in "When A Man Falls in Love" while SJH played in "Me, Mom, Dad, Grandma and Anna".

2014:
- SSH filmed "Obsessed" with On Joo-wan
- SJH played SBS "Punch" with On Joo-wan

2015: 
- SSH filmed two movies "Wonderful Nightmare" and "The Third Ways of Love"
- SJH didn't play drama or film

2016:

- SSH didn't play drama or film, it seems that he was busy promoting his new film in China.

2017:

- They played in different dramas with the same TV station SBS.

SSH played in "Saimdang" while SJH in "Whisper" (cameo)

- They starred in different dramas with the same TV station, tvN
   SSH played in "The Great Show"  while SJH played in "CLOY" 

2020:

- They were paired up on MBC's "Dinner Mate" after SJH's success with "CLOY" and SSH with "The Great Show".   

• Like 1
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, Jimmy Greene said:

SJH bestie comment and SJH IG notes indicating I’m sorry we have not spent any time lately plus you add SSH friend’s comment that is not answering his calls, we can come to a conclusion that they were somewhere and my money is together.  

@Jimmy Greene, it really helps to have a guy’s perspective. We are so blessed to have you on our ship. 

Time is definitely a big road bump and with their busy schedules the coming months, I have big hopes that SSH will not make their relationship fall thru the cracks. 

This reminded me of SSH’s Life Bar guesting that he wants to follow SDY’s advise “You should be by her side if you love her”. 
Now he is fulfilling this advise

We all know SSH’s Fell in Love with SJH and He Fell Really Hard

AE0-C19-CC-566-C-48-C0-9-A36-814431-B77-

77-B79-E6-D-3-A0-D-48-F9-9-ABF-CA4-EE647

credit to dee_galz IG

• Love 7

Hi all!

I just want to give a friendly reminder to everyone that quoting images, videos, gifs, Twitter posts, and etc is a violation of Soompi Forums rules :) When quoting someone else, please remember to remove the graphic from the quote before submitting your reply.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just finished watching Jealousy Incarnate.

SJH is just so beautiful. 
Her character is sexy and sultry. 

I don’t know how Jo Jung Suk can look directly on those big beautiful eyes

AA783-C97-4-AAA-4192-8613-BD02507126-FF.

And that car kiss scene.
One can tell SJH’s kiss was just a peck and yet it was a sexy scene.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

46 minutes ago, janeozten said:

Just finished watching Jealousy Incarnate.

SJH is just so beautiful. 
Her character is sexy and sultry. 

I don’t know how Jo Jung Suk can look directly on those big beautiful eyes

And that car kiss scene.
One can tell SJH’s kiss was just a peck and yet is was a sexy scene.

The car kiss scene..ahem...quite obvious the extra kissed his thumb.

That angle is often used for such tactic.

I cant help but post this!

She is super hot in jealousy incarnate.

Face and body on point.

Jo already had a gf then...so yeah probably able to restrain himself then.

I know go kyung pyo probably did fanboy over sjh (press con / award show interactions).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

The car kiss scene..ahem...quite obvious the extra kissed his thumb.

That angle is often used for such tactic.

I cant help but post this!

She is super hot in jealousy incarnate.

Face and body on point.

Jo already had a gf then...so yeah probably able to restrain himself then.

I know go kyung pyo probably did fanboy over sjh (press con / award show interactions).

@SexyDolceVita, please delete the quoted pictures and videos. The mods just sent a warning that quoted videos/pics are a violation of soompi rules. 

SJH is really sexy and did well in JI.
No wonder she won an Excellence Acting Award. 
Go Kyung PO did fanboy on her based on the JI Presscon videos.

• Like 6

DM Cast Meet-Up

December 12, 2020

SSH’s BFF Kim Seo kyung(Byung Jin) and Lee Hyun-jin(Gun Woo) also known as SSH’s Wingmen met up without SSH. 

DCF4-C1-C8-90-A3-4-CA7-8-EB0-E7-F2822817

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIsiheXFr3n/?igshid=gaykqj12xdtp

Today

Ye Ji Won(Nam Ah Yeong), Go Kyu Phil(PD Park), Oh Hye Won(Sora) and Lee Hyun-jin(Gun Woo) met up today.
Our Lovebirds are nowhere in sight. 

A88-E108-C-9-C07-4-B78-A848-ACBB205-A0-E

9-B0-EF319-4-D70-4-B4-C-836-F-00-E4-B091

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnoXudHMvK/?igshid=9yr1u5b6hds4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnokqWn5AF/?igshid=kje15sh0y3nu

Clearly our Lovebirds don’t want to be caught together/dating

Certified Ninjas. 

Happy So Excited GIF

@Siomara, can you see something from your eagle eyes traces of our Lovebirds? :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

DM Cast Meet-Up

December 12, 2020

SSH’s BFF Kim Seo kyung(Byung Jin) and Lee Hyun-jin(Gun Woo) also known as SSH’s Wingmen met up last December without SSH. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIsiheXFr3n/?igshid=gaykqj12xdtp

Today

Ye Ji Won(Nam Ah Yeong), Go Kyu Phil(PD Park), Oh Hye Won(Sora) and Lee Hyun-jin(Gun Woo) met up today.
Our Lovebirds are nowhere in sight. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnoXudHMvK/?igshid=9yr1u5b6hds4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnokqWn5AF/?igshid=kje15sh0y3nu

Clearly our Lovebirds don’t want to be caught together/dating

Certified Ninjas. 

@Siomara

They really want to date in secret. 
Good for them.

OLD ARTICLE

Our Feisty Girl.

Actress Seo Ji Hye Reveals A Time When She Saved A Woman From Sexual Harassment

Actress Seo Ji Hye’s boldness knows no bounds.

On December 7, the actress was featured as a guest on MBC’s “Radio Star,” where she talked about her inability to look over injustice. During the episode, Seo Ji Hye described a time when she saved a woman who was experiencing sexual harassment. “I was done filming in the countryside and was waiting to get on the KTX (Korean Train Express), when I saw a woman disputing with a drunk man,” she began. “When I asked the woman what was going on, she told me that the man had been following her after asking for directions.”

Upon hearing the woman’s explanation and seeing the drunk man bother her, Seo Ji Hye revealed that she had the lady sit next to her on the train. But when he continued to follow them, the actress explained that she drove him out by saying, “Don’t get drunk and do things like this. Leave now.”

6732-AEF3-57-B7-4-C2-D-9-E47-94-A2-D80-A

In response to Seo Ji Hye’s bold attitude, the MCs asked, “Weren’t you afraid?” to which she replied, “It happened without me even realizing it.” Then Kim Gura jokingly asked, “Afterwards, did you receive an award for being a courageous citizen?” causing everyone to break out in laughter.

BA240361-1546-4086-BC2-B-A293109-FB44-D.

READ HERE

https://www.soompi.com/article/923045wpp/actress-seo-ji-hye-reveals-time-saved-woman-sexual-harassment

• Love 7

On 2/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, janeozten said:

They really want to date in secret. 
Good for them.

OLD ARTICLE

Our Feisty Girl.

Actress Seo Ji Hye Reveals A Time When She Saved A Woman From Sexual Harassment

Actress Seo Ji Hye’s boldness knows no bounds.

On December 7, the actress was featured as a guest on MBC’s “Radio Star,” where she talked about her inability to look over injustice. During the episode, Seo Ji Hye described a time when she saved a woman who was experiencing sexual harassment. “I was done filming in the countryside and was waiting to get on the KTX (Korean Train Express), when I saw a woman disputing with a drunk man,” she began. “When I asked the woman what was going on, she told me that the man had been following her after asking for directions.”

Upon hearing the woman’s explanation and seeing the drunk man bother her, Seo Ji Hye revealed that she had the lady sit next to her on the train. But when he continued to follow them, the actress explained that she drove him out by saying, “Don’t get drunk and do things like this. Leave now.”

In response to Seo Ji Hye’s bold attitude, the MCs asked, “Weren’t you afraid?” to which she replied, “It happened without me even realizing it.” Then Kim Gura jokingly asked, “Afterwards, did you receive an award for being a courageous citizen?” causing everyone to break out in laughter.

READ HERE

https://www.soompi.com/article/923045wpp/actress-seo-ji-hye-reveals-time-saved-woman-sexual-harassment

She really fits woo do hee

They really blend.. :hwaiting2:

Pout

Edited by bmm serajim
Please don't quote images or videos. Thanks!
  • Like 7