[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

2 hours ago, sur yani said:

Hai, i'am from Indonesia, coz my english not good so i am just silent reader at Dinner Mate forum,,,,, but really want to joint this forum after watching #DinnerMate,,, if someone can help me to translate in english sub this video from iQIY youtube account ,, Thanks A Lot before 

Spoiler

I can help to briefly translate :)

0:22 Thoughts of working together

SH: My past impression of her is that she is fashionable and has a cold image but getting to know her while working together,  I realise she fits the character well, she is very humorous and mischievous 

JH: We have a good time filming this drama together and SH is very mischievous, a cheerful person.. always happy to film together.. sometimes when there is a serious scene., we will always end up laughing and NG scene.. always fighting in jest and oppa doesn't show leniency and hits me really hard (poor JH :lol:)

1:32 SH: I get to see a different side of JH when filming together and it still surprises me every time, the good chemistry we have.. I hope and look forward to work with her in a different project, she laughs and mention about how would it be if we can film an action drama/movie next time.. the experience we have filming together leaves a deep memory for me, I think it would be great to work together again

Spoiler

2:10 Food that you like?

JH: Because I normally like spicy tteokbokki (rice cake), I have craving for it when I feel stressed.. I will look for it anywhere with different distinctive flavours. I enjoy searching for delicious tteokbokki with different flavours so it is also a healing food for me.

SH: I personally don't have any food that I dislike, the food that I normally likes is tteokbokki (same as JH :P) because I like spicy (go for a spicy date!). I actually love hotpot too, I can eat a lot whenever I have hotpot and will eat till full. 

3:09 Food observation of your partner

JH: I think both of us are good at eatinng, not picky about food whether is it korean or western cuisine. We are similar on this and we enjoy any cuisine.

SH: I think JH's taste preference is more light and bland.. I prefers strong taste like spiciness , salty food. From how I see, both of us seem to have different taste preference (not true!)

3:44 Reason to watch Dinner Mate

JH: Because it is interesting ^_^

SH: Because Song Seung Heon is in it so definitely have to watch B) (Confidence level - 1000%)

P.s: sorry for bad translation :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Blob 1

Hello guys!.. Thanks @Ayame for making this forum for our beloved OTP..

Is it just me?.. The last episode of DM with DH and HK together at the restaurant after a year of together seemed to be more of just SJH and SSH.. It's like it's the real quarreling thing for couples, SSH bringing up how SJH easily gets angry (which is really true when you watch her in her variety shows) trying to explain why she got late for their dinner then SSH giving up on being hard to get as SJH doesn't want to pressure him anymore if he doesn't want to, just like how he gives up messing around when SJH said she wants to do it with BJ during the sofa scene.. HAHAHAH XD That funny scene when DH told him to "Fine, just starve" I laughed so hard on this part.. HAHAH XD Also SJH did a great job on making "aegyo=lovely acts" to SSH calling him "oppa" and asking him why he's sulky and pouty. During her Life Bar episode, her co-star Shin So-Yul admitted SJH really had difficulty making "aegyo" as well as SJH will even laugh at herself during Follow Me 8 days as an MC when she tries "aegyo". However, she did great job delivering it in DM, I think aside from being a very good actress maybe SSH helped her do it well as they seem to be really comfortable with each other as they are very quirky and as I see it in the last episode it was like they're just having fun with the scene like it's really true (not acting at all)..
I'm really immersed with these two because of their unmeasurable chemistry, compatibility, naturally being comfortable with each other and all the good stuff I can see from both of them that they really belong to each other.. HAHAHAH XD

I saw that post in the DM forum and someone said it doesn't seem like DH was having teary-eyed but it was SJH, I agree to that.. Maybe she really like the character of WDH as it signifies her a lot. Being overwhelmed with the emotion finishing the drama, saying goodbye to HK and DH and all..

I felt sad because I can't see them together in the drama anymore (maybe through rewatching DM) maybe they will, but it will take some time. I agree, I hope they'll get reunion for CF or magazine shoot as mentioned.. Just like how Yoo In-Ah and Lee Dong-Wook got CF and their own reunion drama with Touch My Heart.

I'll stick around this forum for SSH and SJH updates..

So glad to meet you everyone for our OTP!..

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1412969wpp/dinner-mate-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-with-closing-remarks

“Dinner Mate” Cast Bids Farewell To Drama With Closing Remarks

The cast of MBC’s “Dinner Mate” has shared parting words with the drama as it recently came to an end on July 14.

Song Seung Heon took on the role of psychiatrist and food psychologist Kim Hae Kyung, who could be rough around the edges but cared for those around him. He stated, “I’ve been happy playing the role of Kim Hae Kyung. I was able to learn and heal a lot from playing Kim Hae Kyung as he healed his wounds. I want to thank our director, screenwriter, the staff on set, and my fellow cast members who created a fun production. Lastly, I want to thank the viewers who loved our drama till the end.”

Seo Ji Hye delighted viewers as the energetic and cool producing director (PD) Woo Do Hee, and she said, “We’ve been running nonstop for four months, and it’s been such a fun time. I tried to show a new side of myself through this drama, and I want to sincerely thank viewers for appreciating my efforts.”

Playing the role of Jung Jae Hyuk, Woo Do Hee’s ex-boyfriend who left a lasting impression on viewers as he faced his own trauma, was Lee Ji Hoon, and he said, “I want to thank our director, staff, and cast members for working hard. Immersing myself into the role of Jung Jae Hyuk was mentally and physically challenging, and the process went well because of the consideration I was shown by those on set.”

Apink’s Son Naeun took on the role of Jin No Eul, who was formerly in a relationship with Kim Hae Kyung, and she said, “I was happy to be with such great people, and it was a precious experience that I personally had so much to learn from. As much as I enjoyed the filming process, I feel like it will be a project that will stay with me for a long time.”

Lee Hyun Jin played Kang Gun Woo, a stylist who was dependable and worried over everyone. He stated, “I’m so sad that ‘Dinner Mate’ is ending. I had so much fun with such a great cast and crew, and though I’m sad that it’s over, I know that every beginning is meant to have an end, and I worked hard till the end. Please continue to watch over me with love, as well as all those I worked with in ‘Dinner Mate.’ Thank you.”

Park Ho San took on the role of Keanu and he said, “I want to thank the director, and cast and crew for working hard, day and night, to create a great drama despite the difficult times we are facing. I hope we’re able to meet again in future projects as well.” He continued to add, “This was my first time taking on a melodramatic role, so it will stay with me for a long time. I wanted to show a light and fun romance that also showed depth. Although I was a bit shy about my first romantic role, I hope it provided joy to our viewers. Thank you to all the viewers who have watched ‘Dinner Mate’ and given us your love and support.”

About what SSH said that "I was able to learn and heal a lot from playing Kim Hae Kyung as he healed his wounds". I think playing HK helped him personally heal his heart in real life since he came from a break up from Liu Yi Fei in January 2018. I hope he finds love again and with Seo Ji Hye. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@Ayame when I saw those pictures it really made my day! Loving these two SO much!

@nyzah13 oh yes I remember in a IG post of their wrap up party, SSH pulled SJH up onto the chair to take the mike and introduced her as "the angry actress" and she just played along by agreeing with him. Their back and forth banter is just too cute.

@akhenaten I watched an old interview in 2015/2016 by SJH and she mentioned wanting to try an action role even back then. So I'm really glad that in this Qiyi interview she reiterated wanting to attempt an action role but with SSH this time!! 

After hearing what SSH had to say in the Qiyi interview, I noticed a really uncanny resemblance (with another couple that I am silently rooting for). He praises her beauty in as many interviews/BTS that he gets the opportunity to, AND he has stated wanting to work with her again!!! These are all positive signs. When there's a will, there's a way right? If we stay on board this ship long enough, its bound to happen! :Please:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2

@KEnthusiast thank you so much for the effort. Your translation is more than good enough for me. :)

I still get frustrated even with "subbed" BTS clips because they only sub the annotations onscreen but not so much the actual comments of the actors and the staff in the BTS. I feel like I'm missing something very important. :mellow:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jessie Huang said:

Victory Contents deleted these two photos. I don’t know why? :sweatingbullets:

I was looking for it too!! And I can't find it anymore on their profile.. Thankfully SJH fan accounts in IG were able to capture it.. They look so close :love:

Not sure if we can still embed IG links

(Sorry Mods)

But this is just Worth Sharing.

Dinner Couple IG account posted a video where SSH publicly declared he likes SJH. Though the actor who played GW also said he likes SJH too. But then SSH gave that jealous look when GW said that. 
But Gawd. SJH is a lucky gal.

And she is really beautiful and bubbly. Even Ye Ji Won finds her so beautiful and said it was an honor to work with her with proud SSH listening at her back smiling and feeling so proud :)

Have you guys watched it?

Was SSH joking when he said he like SSH? 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCr7SSuJHVX/?igshid=djzn9odb422z

14 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

oh yes I remember in a IG post of their wrap up party, SSH pulled SJH up onto the chair to take the mike and introduced her as "the angry actress" and she just played along by agreeing with him. Their back and forth banter is just too cute.

Ah thanks for sharing. I was wondering what SSH said about SJH that made people laugh. These two with their banters.

Would you mind translating what SJH said on her speech as well at 0:53?

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Not sure if we can still embed IG links

(Sorry Mods)

But this is just Worth Sharing.

Dinner Couple IG account posted a video where SSH publicly declared he likes SJH. Though the actor who played GW also said he likes SJH too. But then SSH gave that jealous look when GW said that. 
But Gawd. SJH is a lucky gal.

And she is really beautiful and bubbly. Even Ye Ji Won finds her so beautiful and said it was an honor to work with her with proud SSH listening at her back smiling and feeling so proud :)

Have you guys watched it?

Was SSH joking when he said he like SSH? 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCr7SSuJHVX/?igshid=djzn9odb422z

Yes I saw it too and I think SSH was sincere when he said I really like you. When Kim Seo Kyung who played Byeong Jin said "I hope we can do another good project together next time", SSH said "So do I! I'm so happy to be with Seo Ji Hye. It's an honor. I mean it". SSH looks really honest when he said it and I don't think he is just teasing SJH. I hope he has a chance with SJH and he really pursue her even if he gets rejected at first just like his character KHK he must not give up in spite of rejections. I really hope SSH will have a chance with SJH. He really looks smitten by SJH based on BTS videos and also this video while he is taking photos of SJH and their director was behind him and kicked SSH fondly because SSH looks absorbed in taking photos of SJH. Oh SSH seem to be lovestruck. I hope SJH reciprocates his feelings. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

Yes I saw it too and I think SSH was sincere when he said I really like you. When Kim Seo Kyung who played Byeong Jin said "I hope we can do another good project together next time", SSH said "So do I! I'm so happy to be with Seo Ji Hye. It's an honor. I mean it". SSH looks really honest when he said it and I don't think he is just teasing SJH. I hope he has a chance with SJH and he really pursue her even if he gets rejected at first just like his character KHK he must not give up in spite of rejections. I really hope SSH will have a chance with SJH. He really looks smitten by SJH based on BTS videos and also this video while he is taking photos of SJH and their director was behind him and kicked SSH fondly because SSH looks absorbed in taking photos of SJH. Oh SSH seem to be lovestruck. I hope SJH reciprocates his feelings. 

I hope so too.

SSH does have a chance. But I don’t think SJH will accept his feelings anytime soon. But if she does they will keep it low key.

Cmon SJHshi he adores you big time. Don’t mind the antis. It’s your life not their’s. You both deserve to be happy.

So I listened to this song that SSH requested when he guested at power 107.

It Seems like a confession song :)

RaD “I’m In Love”

Actually after our first meeting
Saying “I like you”
Isn’t something easy for me

If I don’t contact you first
I’m afraid of missing you

I type out the text, hesitate a bit, then delete it again
I keep repeating this process over and over

If my love for you gets any deeper
It will only result in getting hurting
My fears are filling my mind