Gao Sheng as Jiang Yun
Wang Qian as Qing Dai
Zhan Yu as Song Jin
Zhang Yi Cong as Yuan Lang
Ma Ya Shu as Royal Consort Guo
Deng Ying
Han Rui as He Yong Zhong

Synopsis:

The story of a witty young girl named Qiu Yan and a cold-faced duke named Liang Yi, who goes from battling each other with wits and boldness to understanding and accompanying each other. 

Qiu Yan is the least favored eldest daughter of the Qiu Manor. She managed to reap happiness step by step relying on her own efforts and wisdom.

(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Yan Yu Fu 嫣语赋 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] The Autumn Ballad 嫣语赋

This drama premieres on Feb 5, it stars Jeremy Xu who starred in Novoland Castle in the sky season 2, Legend of Phoenix and The Legend of Dugu. The female lead, Qiao Xin has starred in Nirvana in Fire, it's sequel and Ode to Joy 1 & 2.

• Like 2

Watchin' this for ml LoL. He just look like he belongs in costume period dramas ha-ha. So much charisma and there's also somethin' very beguiling 'bout him too~

His character with fl; their bickering for one make for a fun watch. Not a fan of the fl btw.

I feel for Qin Xuan, Qiu Min as they both are in a one-sided crush type of relationships .. I like that the actors' aren't dubbed here, it's refreshing to hear their voices.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Watchin' this for ml LoL. He just look like he belongs in costume period dramas ha-ha. So much charisma and there's also somethin' very beguiling 'bout him too~

His character with fl; their bickering for one make for a fun watch. Not a fan of the fl btw.

I feel for Qin Xuan, Qiu Min as they both are in a one-sided crush type of relationships .. I like that the actors' aren't dubbed here, it's refreshing to hear their voices.

Ah really I was wondering cause I'm totally in love with the ML's voice :wub:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I just finished Ep 1.  Not bad. Quite an exciting opening ep.

All the stars are New to me.  The FL has been in "Nirvane In Fire" before?   Can't recall which character-role she was in.

She was the half sister to the Grand Princess/Marchioness’ first son.  The one that crashes her half brother’s party to then unveil his parentage.

• Like 1

I'm up to 12 and although I get FL's women empowerment moves, I can't seem to connect with her. It's like she's too tricky? Anyway, I hope this feeling goes away. I've always liked the ML. He's suave and his voice is indeed intriguing. The 2nd male lead is also funny. The sister is ok as well. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Travis Mom said:

She was the half sister to the Grand Princess/Marchioness’ first son.  The one that crashes her half brother’s party to then unveil his parentage.

@Travis Mom Thanks Dear.

So in NIF 1 - she was Jing Rui's Half Sister; Daughter of his mother's Lover. I don't like her "Eyebrows" in NIF 1

In NIF 2 - she was the Consort of the Rebel Prince (his father was also a Disgraced Prince)

I gave up this Drama already.  Not Exciting enough. After Eps 1 & 2, it faded into a Repetitive Mode.  Actings is Average.

I notice Everybody loves the ML.  But sorry I don't.  Whether it is his Voice or Looks. 

I prefer the 2nd ML.  He is from TMOPB, from Yang Mi's studio.  He is more likeable.

Adios Everyone.  Enjoy yourselves.

• Like 1

Initially, I did not like the character of the main male lead, Liang Yi. He declined to help Qiu Yan when she was escaping from the General’s house, and used her to advance his position in the eyes of the General for his own interests. And after guessing that QY wanted to enter the Palace to be a court maid so as to avoid being banished to the nunnery, he deliberately switched the gift that she had painstakingly made for the Imperial Concubine. By the end of episode 2, I was ready to write off this drama, especially since I did not know the actor playing LY. The dubbing of his voice was also wierd - at times low pitched, at times high pitched. I’ve seen the main actress before in a contemporary drama, Ode to Joy, so my first impression of seeing her in this drama was that her looks and mannerism were too modern. She didn’t carry the ancient costumes well, and didn’t look ‘pretty’ enough to be the main lead. Even her maid looked prettier than her. But because I like the actor playing Qin Xiao, I gave it another few more episodes. 

I have now finished episode 12 and am quite enjoying it so far. This drama has combined a few themes like in-fighting within a big family, imperial palace matters, investigating suspicious deaths and counterfeit money, competition among police agencies, etc. LY is showing a different side of himself through his interactions with the people around him. I am getting used to this unfamiliar actor, although I still can’t get over the look of the main actress in Tang Dynasty clothing, which somehow looks better on more ‘well-endowed’ females.

• Like 1

Interesting to read that ml isn't to  everyone's liking oh well (shrug) I will say my opinions remain unchanged on fl LoL.

Still not a fan and she's pretty popular though. She's in quite a few dramas I notice. I first watched her in " The Ordinary Glory" (have yet to finish but I digress) she seem competent there ha-ha. I mean she was alright I wasn't impressed or anythin'.

In "The Autumn Ballad", her character come off so uncouth and loud(?) Her character btw is nothin' new I've seen Sun Li doin' a better job actually. 

Qin Xuan is a typical nice guy but bland sml LoL. I feel for him though he's just a sweet guy. Also the actor plays this character many times so he's a master at it. I now find Qiu Yan annoying LoL. Her recklessness is goin' to get her into trouble I tell ya. I do like that her character is someone who wants to change her destiny and not surrender to fate. She's proactive I guess. It's just the way the actress plays her LoL.

@omiki

I feel the fl doesn't wear her clothes well if that makes sense? I mean c-actresses in general are way too skinny but most wear costume period wardrobes pretty well. It's the actress here that doesn't LoL. Dilraba has done  several period dramas and she's skinny too but she carries her wardrobe nicely. Like she doesn't look out of place. Or as you mentioned, she look like she belong in the era.

• Like 2

Starting ep9 soon.. Am wondering when are the leads ever gonna fall for each other?

Started to watch this after a review at cyn lynn... normally the actors are not my cup of tea (not that i know them - is the girl the one rumoured to be dating Yang Yang?), yet somehow, it seemed fast paced... and every end of the episodes keep wanting u to know more, hence u continue to the next episode even though its already 2am!... :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Starting ep9 soon.. Am wondering when are the leads ever gonna fall for each other?

Started to watch this after a review at cyn lynn... normally the actors are not my cup of tea (not that i know them - is the girl the one rumoured to be dating Yang Yang?), yet somehow, it seemed fast paced... and every end of the episodes keep wanting u to know more, hence u continue to the next episode even though its already 2am!... :lol:

Am on episode 15 and still they are not yet in love, am guessing in the later episodes. Still enjoying it sooo much nonetheless 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, sp17jcshipper said:

Am on episode 15 and still they are not yet in love, am guessing in the later episodes. Still enjoying it sooo much nonetheless 

the male lead is definitely in love already.

I did not expect to love this drama. I was just looking forward to the reveal of their childhood identities and thought I could drop it but the story just got better. I like that there was little political drama in the beginning and the villain was only introduced later, and that the villain story is actually impacting the love story (the cause for the breaking of the engagement)

i'm new to cdrama so I dont really know how people are supposed to look like, but I dont find that Qiu Yan doesnt fit in, although she can look like a maid in her daily clothes. when she dresses up, she's very pretty

the one really pulling me in is liang yi, I love his personality. in the summary, he's supposed to be very cold but in the drama he is very playful. i'm so happy they went with this characterization instead of showing him as an uptight, ambitious man. his smirks and little gestures are doing it all for me

Qui Yan and Liang Yi are both very cunning (and selfish). This is one drama where you can definitely see the advantage of these two being together, they will be a formidable force in the royal court. the progress from enemies to friends to lovers is so well done.

• Like 4

Am at ep14... curious.. how could they burn the coffin and then held the funeral? Unlogical?

I did wonder, how will the male lead break off his engagement with the sister... its not impossible, the writer being quite innovative in his/her ways so far...

Makes me wonder... did the mother actually died or not.. since no one saw the body.. maybe she left the Qiu family and fake her death... hmmm B)

---

Today, 15th feb... marks the end of the.Chinese new year celebration...B)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I believe they used the excuse that the mother died of an infectious disease, so the body had to be burned in order to prevent spreading of the disease. Then the funeral wake was held after that to allow people to pay their respects. 

it was quite unexpected for me to see the mother die so early on in the drama. I rather like the actress playing her - so gentle and kind looking. She was apparently quite the beauty when she was younger- still looks good at her present age.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hello all! :)

Gosh! Finally binged through eps 1-18 and it wasn't hard. This drama is addictive and I am finding it hard to wait for what comes next lol. Loving the pace and development of the plot, and esp love this CP. They are funny and bickeringly-hot!B) This drama is one of the best I've seen so far (in so far as its cast, plot and pace are concerned), and it is truly addictive. This CP is quite new to me but they are just hitting all the right notes in this drama, and with each other. Sparks literally fly lol. 

Spoiler

cp8.png

I'm normally not one to seek out new teasers and actually dislike spoilers, but for this drama and this CP, the wait is just too long lol. This 19-24 teaser preview makes the wait even more excruciating lol. QY will be Su Yiwan...

Spoiler

cp2.png

and... (I will stop spoiling lol). Here's the Tencent YT Preview for 19-24 if you love spoilers B)

19 hours ago, omiki said:

it was quite unexpected for me to see the mother die so early on in the drama. I rather like the actress playing her - so gentle and kind looking.

I like her too. Elegant, motherly and kind. Too bad she had to depart so soon. Glad that she raised QY up well, and supported her in her love for reading and learning. 

21 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I did wonder, how will the male lead break off his engagement with the sister... its not impossible, the writer being quite innovative in his/her ways...

Yes, he did and it was with valid reasons.

I'm glad the writer didn't drag this out too much. After all, QM likes QX and we know LY likes QY. My heart goes out to 2ML though. He's every bit a gentleman and truly treats QY with sincerity and sweetness. I'm wondering if and how QM would be able to gain his fancy later, or if at all possible.

Sat is too far away...:crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@-JC- Indeed, we dont like spoilers but sometimes we cant just cant help it! :lol:

Im just amazed that im watching a drama where the leads are still not together 18 episodes away!... yes, we saw that the ML has fallen for the FL but FL is slowly liking him, because he helped her and her family... she is seeing him different light these days... :lol:... we are excited to see how he can save her and her family's reputation ASAP...haha

And i agree, 2nd male is nice and gentle but alas he is written not only as a 2nd second son of a duke (hence no chance of being important) and without any official employment.... haha...

Ive not seen the male lead before, Jeremy Lin they say, his name... normally such long and broading lead in male isnt what we... well me....really want, but he is doing quite well in this drama... (im still surprised by Wu Qian's divorce, after reading it yesterday, and of all days, on Valentine's Day - also the end of CNY ...sigh... but basically her ex-'s performance in the drama reminds me of the male lead in this drama)

Im going to watch that preview you posted... haha..

----

From the preview.. they are still not falling for each other by ep24? Woh... 

• Like 1