[Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버

larus

Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hyun Joo, Yoo Seon Ho, And Lee Jae In Are One Happy Family In “Undercover”

5d9edca2f1284c56a72617a06b75cee1.jpeg?s=

Apr 8, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC drama “Undercover” has shared new stills ahead of its premiere!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” stars Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun, a National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent who gave up everything and has been hiding his identity ever since he fell in love with his wife. When he gets caught up in an unexpected incident, he must fight to protect his family from powerful forces. Kim Hyun Joo will star in the drama as Han Jung Hyun’s wife Choi Yeon Soo, a human rights lawyer who is nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials (CIO).

The newly released stills depict the happy and peaceful lives of Han Jung Hyun, Choi Yeon Soo, and their two children Han Seung Gu (played by Yoo Seon Ho) and Han Seung Mi (played by Lee Jae In). Han Seung Gu is the older child who has autism spectrum disorder and is especially attached to his father. Han Seung Mi is the younger child who is very similar to her mother.

In the photos, the family goes on a trip to the beach, and the married couple blissfully watches their children who are having a fun time on the sand.

undercover-3.jpg

undercover-4.jpg

Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo are proud and loving parents who would do anything to protect their children. Han Jung Hyun runs a bike shop with Han Seung Gu, and he warmly gazes at his son as he teaches him various things about bikes and life. On the other hand, Choi Yeon Soo and Han Seung Mi are a close mother-daughter duo, and it will be heartwarming to see their loving relationship.

The drama’s production crew hinted, “Han Jung Hyun has a secret that cannot be revealed and a dangerous mission to prevent his wife from becoming the head of the CIO. However, his biggest goal and responsibility is to protect his precious family. Choi Yeon Soo will also experience confusion and crisis as she comes across the truth at a crucial turning point of her life. Their fight to protect justice, faith, and their loved ones during an unstable time will unfold interestingly.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1463203wpp/ji-jin-hee-kim-hyun-joo-yoo-seon-ho-and-lee-jae-in-are-one-happy-family-in-undercover

• Like 5

[Making] Let me introduce Seung Gu's house. Radarata~| <Undercover> First broadcast on April 23rd (Friday) at 11:00 p.m.

Come and see us before the first episode starts.
Seung Gu's house

Seung Gu and Seung Mi's cute props and wedding photos of Mom and Dad are here for the first time!

#Undercover #JTBCUndercover #Making

JTBC's Friday and Saturday drama <Undercover>
will air at 11 p.m. on April 23rd (Friday)!

Published on April 9, 2021

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=64zGravK3HQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by JaneLovesMsKimHyunJoo
Add link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeon Woo Jin And Han Sun Hwa Share An Unforgettable First Meeting In “Undercover”

7920f1ffddc04b589493eb5c6402f10a.jpeg?s=

Apr 9, 2021
by L. Kim

JTBC released new stills of the upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Undercover”!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” stars Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun, a National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent who gave up everything and has been hiding his identity ever since he fell in love with his wife. When he gets caught up in an unexpected incident, he must fight to protect his family from powerful forces.

Kim Hyun Joo will star in the drama as Han Jung Hyun’s wife Choi Yeon Soo, a human rights lawyer who is nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials (CIO). Meanwhile, Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa will play the younger versions of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo respectively.

The newly released stills give a peek at how Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo meet for the first time. They come across each other at a hectic protest site that is filled with voices of struggle and resistance. Choi Yeon Soo is passionate as she speaks up for rights, and despite the injuries she suffers from the violent protest, she does her best to help her fellow protesters. On the other hand, Han Jung Hyun’s eyes are cold as he gazes at Choi Yeon Soo with a mixture of annoyance, disapproval, and interest. Drama fans can look forward to finding out how this unforgettable encounter will lead up to their special romance.

undercover-11.jpg

undercover-21.jpg

The production team shared, “The story of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo’s past, which starts with their first meeting, is important in order to depict their narratives. Please watch the passionate performances of Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa, who will create a solid narrative throughout time as well as show synchronization with Jin Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463337wpp/yeon-woo-jin-and-han-sun-hwa-share-an-unforgettable-first-meeting-in-undercover

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

QQRough translation for the Time Machine Interview.

Past Yeon Soo: How is your relationship with Jung Hyun? 

Present Yeon Soo: It's kind of... It's like a new relationship. I'm trying to see Han Jung Hyun from a different perspective.

Past Yeon Soo: It was our dream to live righteously, did we achieve it?

Present Yeon Soo: I think I have to live to the end while always working hard and practicing, not achieving a life of just living. So I'm still trying to live righteously.

Past Yeon Soo: What do you really want to protect?

Present Yeon Soo: My heart. I don't want my heart to get hurt.

Past Yeon Soo: What if everything about someone you love is a lie? 

Present Yeon Soo: I can forgive one or two lies, but if everything is false, I can't help but think that even his heart can be false. But I want to give you one chance. Excusable, explainable.

Past Yeon Soo: What do you want to say to me, the past you?

Present Yeon Soo: I like your will, your beliefs, all your dreams and your goals. It's all good, but you can't do it alone. So don't be proud, let more people know your will, hold hands with everyone who can join you, ask for help, and live the life you want.

Present Yeon Soo: Is there anything you want to say to me, the future you? 

Past Yeon Soo; I know it's going to be hard, but don't be swayed. Don't get tired. Fighting!

©️@dear_405 | Twitter

Time Machine Interview-Choi Yeon Soo-Choi Yeon Soo Edition
Justice doesn't change over time.

I had to hide it to protect it.
<Undercover> First episode on April 23 [Friday] 11:00 p.m.

@jtbcdrama | Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNjasAMHN79/?igshid=mwhdimmx0aly

• Like 5

'Undercover' Ji Jin-hee's ‘Stop Breathing’ action preview

20210415105052_60779bfc73a2a_1.jpg

“Undercover” Ji-hee Ji-hee awakens his hot action instinct.

Above all, attention is focused on Ji Ji-hee's limitless challenge and transformation. It is expected that Han Jung-hyun (Ji Jin Hee)'s crisis and ordeal, and the dire fight to protect his family, will be immersed in the immersion. In particular, it adds to the expectation that it will show various action performances from an urgent chase to a fierce fighting scene. In this regard, Ji jin-hee said, “The'Undercover' seems to be a work that shows me in action for the first time. He expressed his affection for the work and the character, saying, “I wanted to melt it into the work as much as possible, as to how much struggle Han Jung-hyun had to do.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202104150079

• Like 4

Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hyun Joo, Yeon Woo Jin, Han Sun Hwa, Yoo Seon Ho, And More Are All Smiles On Set Of “Undercover”

e92b3b459ab34aa8924eb7264e91da52.jpeg?s=

Apr 16, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC has shared a behind-the-scenes look at its talented cast ahead of the premiere of their upcoming drama “Undercover”!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” stars Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun, a National Intelligence Service agent who gave up everything and has been hiding his identity ever since he fell in love with his wife. When he gets caught up in an unexpected incident, he must fight to protect his family from powerful forces.

On April 14, “Undercover” shared some photos of the drama set. Kim Hyun Joo stars as Choi Yeon Soo, Han Jung Hyun’s wife and a human rights lawyer who is nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials due to her upright morals and passion for justice. This drama marks a reunion between her and Ji Jin Hee, who last worked together in the 2015-2016 drama “I Have a Lover.”

Other veteran and well-known actors in the “Undercover” cast include Heo Joon Ho, Jung Man Sik, Lee Seung Joon, Kwon Hae Hyo, Han Go Eun, and Park Geun Hyung. Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa star as the younger versions of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo, back when they first met during a time of student revolution.

Even though Han Jung Hyun and Go Young Geol are at odds in the drama, Ji Jin Hee and Jung Man Sik are all smiles as they prepare for filming together. Kim Hyun Joo and Choi Kwang Il share a warmhearted chemistry just like their characters in the drama, as Choi Yeon Soo takes on a passionate quest for justice on behalf of her long-time client, Hwang Jung Ho.

ji-jin-hee-jung-man-sik-undercover.jpeg

Yoo Seon Ho and Han Seung Mi play Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo’s two children and share a special bond both on- and off-camera. Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa, whose onscreen chemistry is key to establish the back stories of their characters, also show a great working relationship in the photos.

yeon-woo-jin-han-sun-hwa-undercover.jpeg

The production staff stated, “The amazing teamwork and perfect acting of these veteran actors is a key point to look out for in our drama. These standout characters on top of the detailed narration will raise the level of immersion and completion of the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464475wpp/ji-jin-hee-kim-hyun-joo-yeon-woo-jin-han-sun-hwa-yoo-seon-ho-and-more-are-all-smiles-on-set-of-undercover

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Analysis of the extreme villain character who will hit'Undercover' Ji-hee Ji x Kim Hyun-joo 

20210417105956_607a411be0f59_1.jpg

The villains equipped with extraordinary auras on the'undercover' appear.

On the April 17th, JTBC's new Friday and Saturday drama'Undercover', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 23rd May, released five villains who will be hotly confronted with Han Jeong-hyun (played by Ji Jin-hee) and Choi Yeon-soo (played by Kim Hyun-joo) on the other side of the justice and truth. From Joonho Heo and Mansik Jung to Jonghak Son, Taejun, and Younggyu Song, we are looking forward to the hard-carry performances of leading actors.

the aura of villains that cannot be accessed in the published photo causes goosebumps. First, the director of the NIS Planning and Coordination Office, Hyung-Rak Lim, overwhelms the gaze with a different level of charisma. Combining his excellent political sense with a cool determination, he has a firm conviction of his own that he must make small sacrifices for the advancement of the country. Human rights lawyer Choi Yeon-soo is the last king of villain who makes a huge plate to prevent him from becoming the chief of the airlift. The person walking on the plate he woven is Lim Hyung-rak's right arm and “Do Young-geol,” Han Jeong-hyun's rival. As the team leader of the Alpha Team in the Planning and Coordination Office of the NIS, he is an activist agent with a natural desire to fight and persistent survivability. Do Young-geol, who has had a peculiar sense of competition for Han Jeong-hyun (=Lee Seok-gyu) since the days of the An Gibu, summons him again to stop Choi Yeon-soo. Expectations are focused on his performance, who will lead the play while striking a bloody confrontation with Han Jeong-hyun.

(Google traslate)

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202104173617I

• Like 4

Where is the streaming site for this drama???

I thought this one will be on netflix?? But with nothing in coming soon i guess it wont be there. 

Viu i dont see this in upcomimg

Iqiyi aswell. 

Argh want to watch it but i probably have to watch in sites if 3 streaming site didnt have it..

• Like 2

Cannot wait.  :)

@nrllee appreciate it if you could please write something longer than 20 characters (tis the forum rules). It's also to help you engage with other forum readers, like what you think about this video perhaps?

Edited by SC2019
Please write longer posts (more than 20 characters)
  • Like 2

Watch: Ji Jin Hee’s Secret Mission Upends His Family Life In “Undercover” Highlight Reel

4fd40664e0f54a72a197b3b84b2aa3a3.jpeg?s=

Apr 18, 2021
by S. P

JTBC has released a captivating highlight reel for the upcoming drama “Undercover”!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” stars Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun, a National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent who gave up everything and has been hiding his identity ever since he fell in love with his wife, Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo). When he gets caught up in an unexpected incident he must fight to protect his family from powerful forces.

The highlight reel begins on an idyllic beach, where Han Jung Hyun watches his wife and two children race along the shore with tears in his eyes. His narration begins, “If I had told them everything, would it have turned out differently? I can’t even say I want to go back to the way things were before.” Amidst a montage of more touching moments with his family, he continues, “To Yeon Soo and the kids, I’m Han Jung Hyun. If I’m able to, I want to die as Han Jung Hyun.”

The video then turns back time to 1991, where the the young Lee Seok Gyu (Yeon Woo Jin) takes on a new identity as Han Jung Hyun in order to carry out a top secret assignment. When he visits the site of a protest, he falls in love with the young law student Choi Yeon Soo (Han Sun Hwa) at first sight. After learning about her strong sense of justice, he decides to give up everything for her, saying, “I can no longer do any wrongs toward her.”

Han-Sun-Hwa-Yeon-Woo-Jin.jpg

Having grown up to become a human rights lawyer, Choi Yeon Soo is then nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials (CIO). Im Hyung Rak (Heo Joon Ho), the executive director of the NIS, views Choi Yeon Soo as a thorn in his side that must be removed at all costs, and his appearance in front of Han Jung Hyun brings a sense of foreboding.

Han Jung Hyun’s former colleague Do Young Geol (Jung Man Sik) gives him a sinister greeting to welcome him back to the team when he is tasked with the mission of stopping his own wife from becoming the head of the CIO. Unwavering in his resolve to protect his family, Han Jung Hyun warns Do Young Geol, “If you mess with Choi Yeon Soo, you’re dead.”

However, due to Han Jung Hyun’s secret, the couple’s world collapses after a series of devastating events. Even their children begin to grow suspicious, with their daughter Han Seung Mi (Lee Jae In) asking, “Hasn’t dad been acting a little strange lately?” As Choi Yeon Soo becomes increasingly doubtful about her husband’s identity, the highlight reel comes to a climactic finale as she aims a gun at him, her voice asking tearfully, “Who are you? You’re not Han Jung Hyun.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464765wpp/watch-ji-jin-hees-secret-mission-upends-his-family-life-in-undercover-highlight-reel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

April 19 2021

Ep.1 trailer for JTBC drama “Undercover”

Undercover-tp1.jpg

Ep.1 trailer added for JTBC drama series “Undercover” starring Ji Jin-Hee & Kim Hyun-Joo. The trailer begins with the voice of Yeon Woo-Jin introduces himself as “South Korea’s Agency for National Security Planning, Agent Lee Seok-Kyu” and (0:06) Ji Jin-Hee then states “May, 1991, the mission that I was given.” 

“Undercover” first airs April 23, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Jung-Hyun (Ji Jin-Hee) is an agent of the NIS (National Intelligence Service). While he studied at the police university, he was selected by the NIS. He then worked on a top secret case and he met Choi Yeon-Soo (Kim Hyun-Joo). Using his alias, he fell in love with her and they eventually married. Meanwhile, Choi Yeon-Soo works as a civil-rights lawyer who seeks justice and the truth. She is nominated for the Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit. Because of her nomination, her husband’s true identity becomes involved in an uncontrollable situation.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-undercover

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Press conference pictures

Actors Ji-hee Ji-hee, Kim Hyun-ju and PD Song Hyun-wook attended the production presentation of JTBC's new Friday and Saturday drama'Undercover' held online to prevent the spread of Corona 19 on the afternoon of the 22nd April.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/photo/202104/102352_74491_813.jpg

2021042213455247319_1.jpg

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=102352

• Like 5