Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022

3 hours ago, cherrhys88 said:

@Jillia Thank you for the gifs and fan art.

Looking forward to the new episodes this weekend. Meanwhile I am watching their bts and I love how much fun they are having while filming and they look super close as well, even the director is goofy. I also appreciate that OCN put English subs to their videos as well.

You're welcome, chingu! :D I will try to share more in the future. I just haven't shared any for episode 3 and 4 because I didn't want to spoil myself before watching them, which I will today. kkk

And YES, I very much appreciate that OCN is knowing the drama is Netflix (I don't think it's available yet internationally but I guess it will happen soon), so they put up videos with English subtitles as well.

:approves:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just came over to say that I enjoy the abs in this drama!    @Jillia @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st

The Uncanny Counter team have a new photoshoot for cine21  

The Uncanny Counter family have finished filming Season 1!  

“The Uncanny Counter” Sets New Record For Highest Ratings In OCN History

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” has officially made OCN history!

On December 13, the superhero drama starring Jo Byeong Gyu and gugudan’s Kim Sejeong soared to its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, “The Uncanny Counter” scored an average nationwide rating of 7.7 percent for its sixth episode.

Not only does the figure mark a personal all-time high for the drama, but it has also set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved in OCN history—breaking the previous record of 7.1 percent set by the finale of “Voice 2” back in 2018.

Meanwhile, tvN’s new drama “Mr. Queen” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its second episode. After premiering to the second-highest ratings of any weekend drama in tvN history the night before, the new historical fantasy-comedy drama starring Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun scored an average nationwide rating of 8.8 percent, successfully defending its position at the top of its time slot across all cable channels.

KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” also climbed to a new all-time ratings high last night, continuing its run as the most-watched drama of the weekend. The latest episode of the hit drama scored average nationwide ratings of 30.3 percent and 32.9 percent for its two parts, setting a new personal record for the show.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of all three dramas!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443359wpp/the-uncanny-counter-sets-new-record-for-highest-ratings-in-ocn-history

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@cherrhys88

I'm so happy this drama is breaking records. :D I'm still behind since I was only able to watch episode 3 and I can only watch the other episodes either later today or tomorrow.  But heck episode 3 was SO good! I love how So Mun isn't forgetting his two friends and how supportive they are. Also like that the bullying is adressed the way it is. It's not the main topic but certainly a big thing at So Mun's school. The ending of episode 3 killed me almost with anxiety.  Can't wait to watch the next episode!

:hwaiting:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

“The Uncanny Counter” Stunt Director Praises Cast, Names Favorite Action Scenes + OCN Confirms Delay Of Upcoming Episodes

The stunt director Kwon Tae Ho of hit OCN drama “The Uncanny Counter” recently sat down for an interview and talked about his favorite scenes, praise for the cast, and more!

Based on a webtoon, “The Uncanny Counter” is about demon hunters called “counters” who disguise themselves as employees of a noodle restaurant and hunt down demons who have come to Earth in pursuit of eternal life. The drama stars Jo Byeong GyuYoo Joon Sang, gugudan’s Kim Sejeong, and Yeom Hye Ran and recently made history after recording the highest ratings in OCN history.

Kwon Tae Ho started by giving a shoutout to viewers of the drama, sharing, “As a representative of the staff, I want to thank the viewers who have been loving ‘The Uncanny Counter.’ Please continue looking forward to and giving lots of love to the exciting story and the tense action sequences that we’ve been working hard to replicate from the webtoon.”

He then spoke about each actor’s individual action styles and the chemistry of their stunt team. The director explained, “Ahead of filming, Jo Byeong Gyu, Yoo Joon Sang, Kim Sejeong, Yeom Hye Ran, and other actors met up with the stunt team to discuss our direction and do some training where we were able to interact a lot. We were immediately able to see what fit each character and determine their strengths and weaknesses in order to emphasize strengths, through which I think we were able to gain a lot of trust in one another.”

Kwon Tae Ho continued, “As they’re heroes, there were numerous action scenes of high difficulty. Whenever there was a cut, the actors always came to check on the stunt team or they would volunteer to try and do the stunts themselves. Through this, I think our bond became stronger.” Laughing, he added, “I watched their live press conference earlier and was disappointed that only Mrs. Choo [referring to Yeom Hye Ran’s character] with her healing powers didn’t have a separate stunt actor to call on.”

For his personal favorite action scene, Kwon Tae Ho picked the fight between Chul Joong and Ji Chung Shin in episode 1 as well as Do Ha Na and Baek Hyang Hee’s elevator fight in episode 5. He shared, “As soon as I saw the script, I knew that the Chul Joong and Ji Chung Shin fight would be the main action scene in episode 1 so I wanted to put in a lot of effort.”

The-Uncanny-Counter.jpeg

Regarding the elevator scene in episode 5, Kwon Tae Ho shared, “As soon as I saw the script, I wondered, ‘What can I do to convey really bold and powerful action?’ I had a lot of good ideas so on the day of filming, I rehearsed with actors Kim Sejeong and Ok Ja Yeon and went over a lot of details. However, I think it came out better than I had thought so I’m proud.”

He added, “I also want to recommend to viewers the action scenes between Mrs. Choo and the terrifying demons after having focused on her healing abilities up until now.” With a laugh he continued, “To find out what episode, you’ll have to binge watch ‘The Uncanny Counter.'”

OCN has also confirmed delays of the drama’s upcoming episodes. Episodes 7 and 8 will air as scheduled on December 19 and 20. However, due to internal circumstances, the episodes scheduled for December 26 and 27 will be delayed. Episodes 9 and 10 will air on January 2 and 3, 2021, respectively.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443882wpp/the-uncanny-counter-stunt-director-praises-cast-names-favorite-action-scenes-ocn-confirms-delay-of-upcoming-episodes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Jo Byeong Gyu, Yoo Joon Sang, Yeom Hye Ran, And Ahn Suk Hwan Gear Up For A Big Fight In “The Uncanny Counter”

All five of the counters are joining in a big fight on OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter”!

Based on a webtoon, “The Uncanny Counter” is about demon hunters called “counters” who disguise themselves as employees of a noodle restaurant and hunt down demons who have come to Earth in pursuit of eternal life.

Spoilers

In episode six, the counters began piecing together the clues about the incident that took place seven years ago. Ga Mo Tak (Yoo Joon Sang) confirmed that Noh Chang Gyu (Jeon Jin Oh) was the person who tried to kill him through Do Ha Na (Kim Sejeong)’s psychometric powers. He also found out that Noh Hang Gyu (Kim Seung Hoon), who is the older brother of Noh Chang Gyu, was also wanted on charges of special violence. Now the counters have to find the connection between the brothers and the murder case that Ga Mo Tak is investigating.

In the stills for the upcoming December 19 episode, all five of the counters – So Moon (Jo Byeong Gyu), Do Ha Na, Ga Mo Tak, Choo Mae Ok (Yeom Hye Ran), and Choi Jang Mool (Ahn Suk Hwan) – gear up for a fight with Noh Chang Gyu, who does the dirty work for Taesin Group. The gang comes equipped with steel pipes and other formidable weapons, but the counters have their superpowers to defend and attack. Ga Mo Tak twists Noh Chang Gyu’s wrist around with his super strength, while Choo Mae Ok uses her healing powers to immobilize her opponent. In addition, Choi Jang Mool shows off his charisma in his trademark breaking-knives-with-his-bare-hands maneuver.

the-uncanny-counter1.jpg

A source from the production staff stated, “All of the counters will be moving as a team in episode seven. Please look forward to how they use their individual personalities and skills to create even more exciting action scenes.”

OCN also shared Jo Byeong Gyu’s dedication in stills of an epic fight scene between him and Ji Chung Shin (Lee Hong Nae). In episode six, So Moon was overwhelmed to learn that his parents had not died in an accident but had been targeted. With Do Ha Na’s help, he entered his past memories and relived the night of the accident. After learning that Ji Chung Shin was responsible, the demon possessing Ji Chung Shin temporarily separated himself from his host to enter So Moon’s memories.

In the new stills, Jo Byeong Gyu and Lee Hong Nae battle it out in the pouring rain. Jo Byeong Gyu’s gaze and fierce punches show So Moon’s determination to avenge his parents’ death, while Lee Hong Nae brings chills with his cold and murderous expression. There is also a shot of the two in an unnamed place that does not appear to be in So Moon’s memories, raising expectations that the two might meet in the present day as well.

jo-byeong-gyu-lee-hong-nae-the-uncanny-c

A source from OCN stated, “Jo Byeong Gyu is a brilliant actor whose gaze and gestures changes from the moment that the cameras start rolling. He threw his whole body into filming this action scene with Lee Hong Nae. Please look forward to what the two actors created with their own hands in the pouring rain.”

This episode of “The Uncanny Counter” airs on December 19 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444327wpp/jo-byeong-gyu-yoo-joon-sang-yeom-hye-ran-and-ahn-suk-hwan-gear-up-for-a-big-fight-in-the-uncanny-counter

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022