[Drama 2023] The Uncanny Counter 2, 경이로운 소문 2

ferily

@raziela Awww thanks for the warm welcome.

If this was posted already, not sure. Making videos (one of my faves is watching making videos)

My apologies if this has been posted already.

I want to listen again to Sejong singing a song on the OST.

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, Nodame said:

My friend @Jillia oh please share when you can. I get it too. I know how work and life can be. If it were not for the major marathon I did watching it this past weekend and yesterday, there would be NO way I would be able to say I am up to ep 10. I was multi tasking as I was watching it.

Really enjoying this drama a lot, got to thank my pal and unni for the recommendation.

Some thoughts I have so far in the spoiler .

Reveal hidden contents

-Impressed by Gugudan member Kim Se Jeong as Hana. I never saw School 2017, but I think she plays the pretty, prickly Ha Na well to the T. I also was touched how she in her way was touched how So Mun tried to console her after finding out a bit of her story. He outwardly said, I don't know how to console. But making samgyupsal as he remembered her comforting sound was listening to the sound of samgyupsal cooking as her calming sounds. Another thing is learning the behind story of her liking fried eggs for the reward meal was touching. Awww. She has a big caring heart but just still feeling guilty towards her family. Her contempt for her Uncle (ok now we know why ---he is EVIL) and her relishing revenge too made sense. What an evil Uncle. 

I thought it was funny that after we saw So Mun being knocked away for trying to put his arm around Hana. Then we see in the past she did it to EVERYONE equal opportunity treatment to throw them away. She is so sensitive. Could not blame Mae Ok getting upset that she tried to heal her and she was thrown aside too.

-So Mun--- after the gang decided to cause mayhem at Mayor Shin's announcement of his Presidential Run Campaign.  To have his dismissal was heart breaking. It serves them right to have a hard time finding his replacement. I agree his anger /emotional management was not good. Wi Gen did not know that one time he was angry was trying to figure out how to open Yung Territories at will. She is thinking he is just not handling his anger well. He has a big heart and cares. So when he saw the little girl almost dying in his first case. They all told him thanks to him he SAVED her life. YES. He was upset but he got anger as the Mayor's son Hyeok U was hitting and attacked his friends. They EGGED him on. Ok he did fight the bullies in public, but they were wreaking havoc and he was trying to prevent others STILL being hurt by them. (I felt that meeting DID not factor those in and glad that Counter Chu --she is mother bear Mama Chu to me doing an awesome job saving him (in that first time he was asked to go up ). 

Ji Cheong Shin does a great job being menacing. Also the fact he was not intending to kill his father figure Bae Sang Pil but did when he realized he would be killed. Sucks that now he is exposed to Yung he knows to avoid it thanks to So Mun fighting him alone not listening to Mae Ok. (Darn it So Mun.)  Next while reaping the other evil spirits how fast he found Baek Hyung Hee (the rich wife) who poised hubby 2 (it seems) with peanut butter in his smoothie. 

-Wealthy Choi Jang Mul saying the words you were raised well ---when he sees So Mun's grandparents memories and glad he did not delete So Mun's so at least he can save HIMSELF if he ever saw the EVIL spirt L3 (surprised not level 4 in ) Ji Cheong Shin. I like he is quirky and loved the new car replacing the old one. His flirting with Chu Mae Ok is adorbs. LOL. Plus you can spend all you want but has to be due to evil spirits. But even HE took part of the shenanigans to up end Mayor Shin Myeong Whi.

Ung Min and Juyeon are precious parent friends. I was touched hearing that they have this bond. The back story hearing about Ung Min being the boy who threw rocks daily to Sun Mun to later be his close friend. I mean both were there when he holds the memorial for his parents. They ARE his family. I love their bond. Love that grandpa said even if So Mun has a girlfriend to Juyeon -you MUST still be his friend. LOL. Awwww.

Ga Mo Tak (I love the actor Yoo Jun Sang--he looks so hot in this drama) finding out his relations to So Mun and why he felt an affinity to So Mun. The fact his dad was GMT last person he called. His looking up his ex Kim Jeong Yeong and her willingness to help. Cute how she commented he recalled random small details not the big ones ie she was his gf. But at least GMT did apologize for not recalling. She wants to make amends and I cannot blame her for not being told what he was/is now. It is true, he died. He shouldn't be back. Even his demerit point was backed up by his partner Kim Gi Ran (was a shocker) as need her help for the investigation. He has alot of strength and is bullheaded, but once he started liking So Mun. He was a great mentor for So Mun.

Seems like last episode when Wi Gen was trying to ask that fireman with the heart of gold, he was tired and did not want to join and was ready to see his dead wife. What are they going to do now?

Pained me to see So Mun , bullied and hurt. But what was interesting when he warned the Mayor's son he chose to not join them as he is NOT an evil spirit. So not losing memories then he did NOT lose his power/strength. How to explain when So Mun (lost his curls)?! He should no longer have his superpowers. He still was strong even though he is back to being a normal civilian.

I am not loving the preview about Mae Ok-I hope it is just a cop out and she is fine. It is too soon and don't want to LOSE any of the counters. But not our healer and Mama Bear Chu Mae Ok. Then who is Choi Jang Mul going to flirt with then when he visits our Counter gang? Please be ok. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I am really not satisfied with how Wigen and the rest handled this situation with So Mun because (like you said) they didn't put his actions into context of the situations where he was protecting people or being taunted about his dead parents. 

I do agree that he was emotionally volatile and him giving away the Territory secret to the evil spirits was a big mistake. I was also so annoyed with how he was all up in the Mayor's face. Smae with Mo Tak!  Sometimes i wish they would just lie low and not make themselves so conspicuous but I suppose it is too late now the Mayor has their photographs. 

Also Wigen and the rest of the Yung needs to take some responsibility because they are the ones who recruited a newbie, emotional teenage boy and then are shocked when he doesn't behave like a mature, responsible adult:rolleyes: Then they kick him out with no powers and a disability which makes him vulnerable with the most dangerous evil spirit aware of his identity AND they din't even erase the memories of his schoolmates so SM is even more of a target when he goes back. If not for Jang Mul making the decision not to wipe his memories SM would have been a sitting target.  At least they are now seeing it's not so easy to get someone to take on this thankless, dangerous job. Even a selfless, heroic public servant was like: no thanks I would rather die and rest.

I would like to know more about Choi Jang Mul.  He is a Counter but where is his partner?  He seems to live  a very public life unlike the other Counters.  Was he in a coma when he became a Counter too?

I think So Mun has lost his powers and that is why his hair is now straight.  That wasn't his supernatural ability but he is just stronger, fitter and has better reflexes from all his training with the Counters.  Same as if anyone had intense physical and fight training for months they would develop skills and muscle memory that would help them win a fight. After all they are just a bunch of school bullies, so someone with decent fight training would be able to kick their behinds:kicks:

I really hope nothing happens  to Mae-Ok. She is so warm and kind:bawling:  All our Counters need to survive!

Thanks for the videos.  "Meet Again" is beautiful.  This drama introduced me to Kim Sejeong and her beautiful voice.  She is very talented!

OCN IG continue to be the proudest mama account:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@raziela Thanks and ah true. He was trained a lot faster/stronger than before thanks to the Counter Team. I agree their accountant and knowing his back story.

Yup in agreement on Wigen treating So Mun as an adult when HELLO he is a teenager.

Missing our gang and looking forward to the new episodes.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

Song Joong Ki Sends Support To Jo Byeong Gyu On Set Of “The Uncanny Counter”

How cool to get support from THE Song Joong Ki :lol:

7 hours ago, Nodame said:

Thanks and ah true. He was trained a lot faster/stronger than before thanks to the Counter Team. I agree their accountant and knowing his back story.

Yup in agreement on Wigen treating So Mun as an adult when HELLO he is a teenager.

Right. Especially when she basically emotionally blackmailed him by promising he would be able to see his parents again if he joined.  The whole relationship seems so one sided: the Counters are out there risking their lives, having to follow arbitrary rules and instructions whilst fighting powerful evil spirits that fight dirty and the Yung people are just chilling up above drinking tea and playing board games.  Only Su Ho really seems to care about his Counter as a person and that's because she is his mother!

Thanks for the vidoe.  LOL @ the Idol Counters :piggydance:

More funny OCN mama bear interactions with KSJ and JBG. Netflix IG account joins in too!   i haven't seen a Koreanchannel official account have this much fun before.  The proud, protective mama feels makes it seem like the account is run by Chu Mae-Ok:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020 (Uncanny Counter is featured in this category :glasses:)

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@sadthe1st, @Nodame, @Jillia Finally this drama also proved to be an OCN drama, thanks to how dark it and tragic it turned at the end of 11th episode.

Spoiler

Not that I had not seen it coming, and was the death flag over that female detective since the start, but didn't really expect that her death would be that tragic. Watching this episode and seeing they discussing that "she is the only one left to take care of" and the whole returning memory of Mo-Tak, remembering their good memories together and planning to meet up, seeing Mo Tak get excited and choose his clothes with other counters, I believe we all had guessed it was coming. But I didn't really wanted Mo Tak to see her dead like that, maybe, maybe if she would die in his arms, say a few words before death, it would seem less tragic.

Coming back to the episode, I loved how they scared us will Mrs. Chu's death here, I really thought it was more than possible thanks to this being an OCN drama, in the end it did prove to be an OCN drama though. But yeah there were some really good and funny moments, like when Mun became counter again and immediately summoned the territory, not only the Yung investigator, but even her dog was shocked :joy:

Looking forward to 12th episode now :wow1:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Wiggle 1

Thanks for posting the Episode 13 teaser @Jillia

Still need to write my thoughts for this past weekend's episode but next week's episode is looking amazing already! I have been hoping they find a way to get stronger because Ji Cheong's Sin's powers keep increasing whilst the Counters can't develop their powers further so it's good to see they are looking for new ways to stop Ji Cheong Sin. Also the iconic Counters red tracksuits are back!:partyblob:

I found this tweet showing the Counters and their Yung partners in the webtoon.  The partners look so different except for Wi-gen.  I wonder if we will have to wait until season 2 to finally meet the Chairman's partner? 

More pictures from the final day of shooting:lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Awww, thanks for the updates @raziela.  While i stopped watching at ep.9, i am still following this thread for all the updates and the previews.  I may watch at the end all at once when the episodes finish airing.   The cast are so cute.  Some pics of them.  :fullofhearts:

f0taE4Q.jpg

Actually both Se jonggie and Byeon gyu are same age in real life.  Cannot believe coz he looks like a high schooler

uY5I00y.gif

cr: dc gall

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/12/2021 at 2:21 AM, pad-hari said:

Awww, thanks for the updates @raziela.  While i stopped watching at ep.9, i am still following this thread for all the updates and the previews.  I may watch at the end all at once when the episodes finish airing.   The cast are so cute.  Some pics of them.  :fullofhearts:

You are welcome!  Thank YOU for the DC gall pics and gifs:relaxed:

Random thoughts on this weekend's episodes (SPOILERS!)

- The fight in the warehouse was intense!  So glad SM got his powers (and curly hair!) back.  No comment on those Yung people - still not happy with how they handled the situation.  I'm glad the Chairman and Mo Tak called them out.

- the scene where the Counters were sending Mo Tak off for his date was so cute and fun!  Mrs Chu telling Mo Tak he doesn't have to come back, So Mun getting all excited and Murs Chu smackig him and asking him what he knows about that?:lol::lol::lol:

- I feel so sad for how things turned out for Jeong-yeong.  I kept meaning to write how much i admired her honesty and bravery pursuing justice when she is surrounded by crooked cops and I'm so sad this is how things have turned out.  Poor Mo Tak too just as he finally gets his memories back:tears:

- i wonder if we can trust the new young policeman? Was he involved or is he just scared?  I thought it was odd the crooked police chief would give her any assistance but he did genuinely seem to be in her corner and I hope her integrity rubbed off on him.

- Mrs Chu's flashbacks about Su Ho made me tear up :bawling: So glad she recovered:)

- I think the couple I ship the most is the Chairman + Mrs Chu:wub: He really seems to genuinely care for her and I would love to see Mrs Chu get to be pampered and spoiled as a rich man's wife as she spends so much time caring for everybody else

- the heist was so much fun and how everybody played their part including the Chairman!:lol:

- The Counters really made fools of the gangsters! :lol: I almost felt sorry for the gang members when they were being punished.

- the two demons just bickering and fighting constantly is hilarious to me:lol: They might be on the same team but they aren't friends

- I was glad the Counters decided to lay low.  i can't believe they blew their cover by not scrambling the CCTV  when they stole the suitcase.

- We didn't see the face but i suspect the informant in Mo-Tak's past about Kim Yeong-nim was the Mayor's present secretary.

- glad they got evidence for the murder at last and it was smart to go to a rival precinct. The criminals were arrested...but it seems like things are going a bit too well for once.

- in the episode 13 preview Ji Chung-sin calls the Mayor father! That is a surprise!:o

- i do miss seeing Mun's school friends and grandparents. I hope they make an appearance soon.

Making video for episode 11-12

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The OCN social media account had a poll for favourite couple and it looks like the evil spirit couple, Ji Cheong Shin and Baek Hyang-hee won...so OCN made them do couple karaoke:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok Ja-yeon has such pretty thick and shiny hair. She looks so pretty in this video:please:

Byung Kyu's posted his messages with Ji Cheong Shin's actor, Lee Hong Nae, after he saw the video.  Poor guy is so embarrassed! This whole cast is so cute:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1