[Drama 2023] The Uncanny Counter 2, 경이로운 소문 2

ferily

Anyone here shipping SoMun and Hana? xD 

SoMun is soooo obviously have a massive puppy crush on Hana, it's so adorable. 

I would love to see the subtle romance between these two characters. 

As Hana's background is being revealed; we learned that her family is dead after suicide. I thought she was in coma after this incident and was revived by the Yung people. However Hana in her straight hair went to see her samchong asking for money after the family incident make me think that Hana may have gotten herself into another accident that cause her to be in coma? 

• Like 4

Just binge watched 8 episodes in 2 days. I just gave it a try while waiting that another drama to be subbed. But OMG. I don’t even remember the last time I watched an OCN drama. 
I am hooked but no episodes this week !!! CANNOT WAIT till next week. This drama is super freaking good, really original... I really loved the dynamics between the 4 leads, they’re a real family :) I am looking forward the time when Mun who will control his super ability and they will catch the soon to be level 4 guy...

• Like 3

Watched ep.8 and all's moving well for our team.  Our munnie is so smart to link the code in his dad's diary to that of electric pole.  Hope no more deaths by the level 4 guy before he is being caught by our team.  

Also, can somebody clear my doubt.  The report from national forensics of that lady KIm Jeong NIM was intercepted and taken by that corrupt police officer which means it did not reach our officer lady/Ro takssi??

5 hours ago, kaqueski said:

I would love to ship them, but I think it's impossible.  Coz uri Hana was given the power when she was in a state of coma whereas our munnie is a special person who is assigned this job when he's in a good condition.  I know when he first saw her, he had this puppy luv in his eyes for her.

Also the team when they are assigned this job, their hair will change to popcorn hair.  That's what we saw when so mun gained this power.  I don't understand the reason though why it has to change like that.  Hana was so beautiful with her long straight hair.  

edit:

K-Drama Fans Can’t Get Enough Of “The Uncanny Counter” Actor Jo Byung Gyu’s Forehead

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/k-drama-fans-cant-get-enough-uncanny-counter-actor-jo-byung-gyu-forehead/

IwFPbdNqGytJM6FbaqwWJO_x8q5nzxiGG3E5H4CtLgOb_YmxHDlrclx_FOUETY50SLlTRTtefw6DUF1Rf41RTbQqQoYuI7_lkc-gTFFyAKyoViY=s0-e365-rj-l80-e365

His interview is also available in this article.

Have to wait  2 weeks for the new episodes!!!!!:cries3:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:50 AM, kaqueski said:

me me :joy:

they are so cute :love:

but don't think they'll have a love line in the plot.

does the sudardad also have a crush on Maeok?

they are hilarious :blush:

mmm don't think NFS manage to do anything, the corrupt police took the sample before NFS start to process it. right?

• Like 2

While we wait for the next episodes, some funny, heart-warming and super action scenes i like :fullofhearts:

Noona: Introduce me anything but girlfriend

Mun: She is my girlfriend!!!!!:getmygrooveon:

JlgbpS5.gif

One of the best lift fight scene  i have watched recently.  

Spoiler

KblBMDJ.gif

the three musketeers

Spoiler

xHTw59t.gif

Spoiler

zyHINHB.gif

cr: dc gall

• Like 5

The written preview for ep.9.  

IBbmoxN.png

New pic for the upcoming episode

TLQrj03.jpg

Our counters did a special show for christmas.  here are some funny gifs from that show

7IYLPWq.gif

Jungjin City Hall Taeshin Group people

t5DgcMX.gif

Spoiler

rRvoh2U.png

cute:fullofhearts:From the looks of the dance steps, is it any song by ZICO???  can somebody confirm, LOL at the steps by Yoon Joon Sang

GntNHMk.gif

cr: dc gall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The trailers and posters didn't really grab me but I saw all the positive word of mouth and I'm so glad I gave it a chance because I LOVE this drama!!!!!!! :heart1: Usually I can't get into the really popular dramas for some reason but this time I TOTALLY get it!  The Uncanny Counter  deserves all the hype! Everything is excellent from the actors to the fight scenes to the script to the special effects to the emotions to the characterisation to the humour but, most, importantly our adorable family of curly haired misfits.  I just love how they are strange, super-powered loving family unit with a Mum, Dad, big sister and little brother (and not to forget their sugar daddy LMAO:lol: )  It reminds me of a cross between the manga/anime Bleach and last year's Mystic Pop-Up Bar which also had an adorable best boy, male lead and where our maternal Counter, Mae Ok played a very different role as the God of the Underworld in sharp suits.

You can really feel the effort and thought put into every aspect of this drama.  There isn't a single acting hole to be found. Mercifully, Kim Se Jong is one of the rare idols who can genuinely act (and a great singer too judging by her song for the OST) .  Every one from the one line supporting actors, So Mun's friends to the villains is perfectly cast.  I have to say the villain who stood out for me the most is the actress Ok Ja-yeon who plays the female evil spirit. She is scary but so charismatic.  I think her career will take off after this role. 

I really hope it is explained why Mae-Ok's partner is her son in this season and it isn't left for the second season.

I saw the question in an earlier post about So Mun with Hana. I do not ship them. I know they are not blood related but it feels almost incestuous to me due to the family feeling between the counters. I don't think So Mun's crush seems like anything serious anyway - just teenage hormonal boy impressed by a pretty, cool noona :relieved: 

I didn't want to live watch the drama as I can't bear to wait for new episodes but now I am hooked! I am so glad it is back from the break this week. I have been watching all the clips and interviews OCN have generously provided with English subs. The vibe on set is so warm and fun and the BTS videos are really interesting too.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, cherrhys88 said:

ctto

I totally agree with this.  i think if they hadn't cast the four Counters so well, the drama just wouldn't work. Their chemistry is absolutely central to the drama.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, Jillia said:

Highlight video for episode 1 to 8. :D

Thank you!  That's nicely edited and good summary of the drama so far. The summary makes it look very dark and, actually, I was surprised by how violent the drama is. Maybe it it because I don't usually watch OCN dramas? At the same time you would never guess from that video the drama can also be seriously laugh out loud funny and very heartwarming too.

This video of the cast playing a game during the pre-release promo is so fun! love their chemistry! (once again, really appreciate OCN for giving us English subs:thumbsup:)  :happydance:

Netizen comments for episodes 5 and 6 

That look of Hana's when the elevator opened is iconic:wub:

I didn't realise the actress playing So Mun's girl bestie, Joo Yeon, was so much younger than the other actors.  She is only 14 (15 Korean age).  Their other bestie, Woong Min, is 29 (30 Korean) so literally twice her age and Jo Byung Kyu is 24 (25 Korean) so he is a decade older:o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Episode 9 (after that 1 week wait) spoilers: 

Spoiler

- Cute hint of Somun/Hana love line 

- Cute hint of Choo Mae Ok/ Jang Mul love line 

- Sort of satisfying episode of the gang expose the trash field of Tae Shin people and the mayor. 

- Not much demon slaying in this episode hence our gang got scolded by the Yung people. 

I don't know why but i have a feeling the editing is a bit off? The part where they show the exposure of Tae Shin people, there was music playing and somehow it's not loud enough and lurking in the background, create a weird combination. I'm not sure but maybe it's just me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Indeed i am afraid to watch last nite episode, but omo!!! looking at the preview for next week, i am more reluctant to continue this series.  Its becoming more violent and i am afraid we are going to lose our beloved counters.  Apart from the evil villains now the evil spirits are occupying the universe and disturbing the world.  I know its good overcomes the evil in the end, but still.

It seems the ratings for ep.10 is 9.1% and the highest was 10.1%.  hope it rises in the coming weeks too.

So, all the evil joined hands.  Avengers, lol!!!!!

IiGycdQ.jpg

Omo, he is back to being a handicap, :bawling:

yqhjp2O.jpg

This one BTS pic from Sejonggie

04QVEvE.jpg

cr: DC gall

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Jillia said:

@raziela

The age difference between the 3 actors is insane but in the drama itself I barely notice it. They work well together and their friendship is so real and good. :D

True.  They are totally convincing and I love their friendship so much.

Same with Yeom Hye Ran as Chu Mae Ok and Yoo Joon Sang as Mo Tak. She is convincing as his senior in the drama so I didn't realise she is actually 7 years younger than him in real life:o  

This OCN IG congratulating Jo Byung Gyu post on winning gin at the SBS Drama Aeards was so funny! OCN were like a proud mother and the rest of the channel accounts like proud aunties.  I love that even KBS IG account randomly stopped by!:lol::lol::lol:

Actor Jo Byung Gyu’s “SBS Drama Awards” Win Has OCN, TVN, Netflix, And CJ ENM All Partying On Instagram

Even KBS came by!

At the 2020 SBS Drama Awards, actor Jo Byung Gyu took home the Rookie Actor Award for his role in the K-Drama Stove League.

Following the ceremony, where Jo Byung Gyu wowed his fans with this breathtakingly fancy tuxedo look…

… OCN‘s official Instagram account celebrated the win with a special post dedicated entirely to Jo Byung Gyu. (Note: OCN channel is where his current K-Drama The Uncanny Counter is airing, in which he plays the beloved character of So Mun.)

[Our Amazing So Mun] Congratulations, So Mun, on your Rookie Award win! Son, we’re so proud of you! Mama OCN(?) wants you to stay healthy and… we look forward to the new year with you!

— OCN

The actor seemed pleasantly surprised by the shoutout…

f-otm6NDMlSIeRAKxzbH5IvYvxU6mrGhcmjTuiT_c3KA0vJjc9wxh-at98kkL794_UBDMLvwW-106oLaYTCUdhnnfmsQub4NYIhAGzHy8mqJF_jC=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Jo Byung Gyu: … LOL. Mom, you beat me to posting this.
OCN: Of course, it’s your award ceremony, son! I was on standby.

… but boy, was he in for a lot more! Following the post by “Mama OCN”, other blue-badged official Instagram accounts began gathering in the comments. Joining the party first, Netflix Korea swooned with this message:

Spoiler

tuofCQb23w1yg8N6108VF3KQh9zYLfXfjqF8mPdCrkUFEZleI-sl6kCTov1f6sV7uC4uUhbIUgzFszbC69GLxZTHwnc3ScCqiLnLyGPF2ja-5g=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Whose-ever son this is, he is such a handsome boy.

— Netflix Korea @netflixkr

Channel tvN — who addressed itself as the actor’s “auntie” — also came to celebrate!

Spoiler

5MG7P_dJoZMM2_SAsn7Q3DZQus0baIh514_Az5803b52gK3bdr0hrdRIkBuoecdVshTKXQ6SB5yJCiTqHCA884687FFGwwqYHJ5uJwlnzga31A=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Congrats on your win, OCN’s boy~ From your auntie… LOL.

— tvN @tvn_joy

Soon, the company CJ ENM — which owns both OCN and tvN channels — showed up too, praising the actor.

Spoiler

JZPTDtZFmNDX1THUfZOyn30Rpk2NoDoQ1Nqy2Rx8lKbt3vaM1OUQFz5h9g3t0-DG_ERDJXo_voHZYNHJgxRylvl_H_Petej4cIgwy0yn0H6qNw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

So proud of this kiddo! Very dashing too. Congratulations on the rookie award, son!

— CJ ENM @cjenm.official

At this point, word must have gotten out that OCN’s hosting one unprecedented online party to acknowledge Jo Byung Gyu’s accomplishment. Because even KBS swung by…

I heard this party is where it’s at, so I came to check it out. Congrats on your win, @bk_arta!

— KBS @kbsdrama

… and presented Jo Byung Gyu with a brief moment of panic.

Spoiler

_Fx1g1t1dwnmuaH4itFfL0QlRBXYDN1F0hr6GjNfXZoBixV7bApvqqkBskU0FGLSZYmVDHqyPXrp1HQK-ee1mMsLNDUnlmpNdzUL_ujIA-P4vjGn=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Jo Byung Gyu’s Instagram story showing KBS’s comment. | @bk_arta/Instagram

Whaaa…!!!? What is even happening, this is amazing…

— Jo Byung Gyu

And K-Drama fans? Well, they simply couldn’t get enough! Plus, it’s not hard to see why these channels dropping all their UWUs over Jo Byung Gyu. He’s a wonder indeed!

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-jo-byung-gyu-sbs-drama-awards-win-ocn-tvn-netflix-cj-partying-instagram/

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Like @raziela I did not have this on my radar. But my good friend recommended it a few weeks ago but I said my drama rotation was kind of heavy.

So last weekend and all day yesterday (I took the day off) I caught up 1-10. WOW what a ride! I really like this drama.

Great acting and tight story line, I agree no holes in acting and no filler plot points (ahem Awaken).

I agree that our ML So Mun just has a lovely puppy crush on Hana. Cute how she is playing along and how she teased learning from grandpa that SHE asked him out first. LOL.

Having to marathon was nice to NOT wait, now that I am sucked in, it is going to be hard to wait each week like everyone else did. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

My friend @Jillia oh please share when you can. I get it too. I know how work and life can be. If it were not for the major marathon I did watching it this past weekend and yesterday, there would be NO way I would be able to say I am up to ep 10. I was multi tasking as I was watching it.

Really enjoying this drama a lot, got to thank my pal and unni for the recommendation.

Some thoughts I have so far in the spoiler .

Spoiler

-Impressed by Gugudan member Kim Se Jeong as Hana. I never saw School 2017, but I think she plays the pretty, prickly Ha Na well to the T. I also was touched how she in her way was touched how So Mun tried to console her after finding out a bit of her story. He outwardly said, I don't know how to console. But making samgyupsal as he remembered her comforting sound was listening to the sound of samgyupsal cooking as her calming sounds. Another thing is learning the behind story of her liking fried eggs for the reward meal was touching. Awww. She has a big caring heart but just still feeling guilty towards her family. Her contempt for her Uncle (ok now we know why ---he is EVIL) and her relishing revenge too made sense. What an evil Uncle. 

I thought it was funny that after we saw So Mun being knocked away for trying to put his arm around Hana. Then we see in the past she did it to EVERYONE equal opportunity treatment to throw them away. She is so sensitive. Could not blame Mae Ok getting upset that she tried to heal her and she was thrown aside too.

-So Mun--- after the gang decided to cause mayhem at Mayor Shin's announcement of his Presidential Run Campaign.  To have his dismissal was heart breaking. It serves them right to have a hard time finding his replacement. I agree his anger /emotional management was not good. Wi Gen did not know that one time he was angry was trying to figure out how to open Yung Territories at will. She is thinking he is just not handling his anger well. He has a big heart and cares. So when he saw the little girl almost dying in his first case. They all told him thanks to him he SAVED her life. YES. He was upset but he got anger as the Mayor's son Hyeok U was hitting and attacked his friends. They EGGED him on. Ok he did fight the bullies in public, but they were wreaking havoc and he was trying to prevent others STILL being hurt by them. (I felt that meeting DID not factor those in and glad that Counter Chu --she is mother bear Mama Chu to me doing an awesome job saving him (in that first time he was asked to go up ). 

Ji Cheong Shin does a great job being menacing. Also the fact he was not intending to kill his father figure Bae Sang Pil but did when he realized he would be killed. Sucks that now he is exposed to Yung he knows to avoid it thanks to So Mun fighting him alone not listening to Mae Ok. (Darn it So Mun.)  Next while reaping the other evil spirits how fast he found Baek Hyung Hee (the rich wife) who poised hubby 2 (it seems) with peanut butter in his smoothie. 

-Wealthy Choi Jang Mul saying the words you were raised well ---when he sees So Mun's grandparents memories and glad he did not delete So Mun's so at least he can save HIMSELF if he ever saw the EVIL spirt L3 (surprised not level 4 in ) Ji Cheong Shin. I like he is quirky and loved the new car replacing the old one. His flirting with Chu Mae Ok is adorbs. LOL. Plus you can spend all you want but has to be due to evil spirits. But even HE took part of the shenanigans to up end Mayor Shin Myeong Whi.

Ung Min and Juyeon are precious parent friends. I was touched hearing that they have this bond. The back story hearing about Ung Min being the boy who threw rocks daily to Sun Mun to later be his close friend. I mean both were there when he holds the memorial for his parents. They ARE his family. I love their bond. Love that grandpa said even if So Mun has a girlfriend to Juyeon -you MUST still be his friend. LOL. Awwww.

Ga Mo Tak (I love the actor Yoo Jun Sang--he looks so hot in this drama) finding out his relations to So Mun and why he felt an affinity to So Mun. The fact his dad was GMT last person he called. His looking up his ex Kim Jeong Yeong and her willingness to help. Cute how she commented he recalled random small details not the big ones ie she was his gf. But at least GMT did apologize for not recalling. She wants to make amends and I cannot blame her for not being told what he was/is now. It is true, he died. He shouldn't be back. Even his demerit point was backed up by his partner Kim Gi Ran (was a shocker) as need her help for the investigation. He has alot of strength and is bullheaded, but once he started liking So Mun. He was a great mentor for So Mun.

Seems like last episode when Wi Gen was trying to ask that fireman with the heart of gold, he was tired and did not want to join and was ready to see his dead wife. What are they going to do now?

Pained me to see So Mun , bullied and hurt. But what was interesting when he warned the Mayor's son he chose to not join them as he is NOT an evil spirit. So not losing memories then he did NOT lose his power/strength. How to explain when So Mun (lost his curls)?! He should no longer have his superpowers. He still was strong even though he is back to being a normal civilian.

I am not loving the preview about Mae Ok-I hope it is just a cop out and she is fine. It is too soon and don't want to LOSE any of the counters. But not our healer and Mama Bear Chu Mae Ok. Then who is Choi Jang Mul going to flirt with then when he visits our Counter gang? Please be ok. 

• Like 4

On 1/2/2021 at 7:53 PM, kaqueski said:

Episode 9 (after that 1 week wait) spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

- Cute hint of Somun/Hana love line 

- Cute hint of Choo Mae Ok/ Jang Mul love line 

- Sort of satisfying episode of the gang expose the trash field of Tae Shin people and the mayor. 

- Not much demon slaying in this episode hence our gang got scolded by the Yung people. 

I don't know why but i have a feeling the editing is a bit off? The part where they show the exposure of Tae Shin people, there was music playing and somehow it's not loud enough and lurking in the background, create a weird combination. I'm not sure but maybe it's just me. 

Very happy the drama is back! I do agree it seems like the editing and story was different in episodes 9-10 compared to the earlier episodes. Not sure if this is accurate but I read a while ago that the drama was originally planned to be 12 episodes but they decided at some point during production to change to 16 episodes. My guess is episodes 9-10 are where they built a sort of "bridge" to the story to extend the drama a further 4 episodes and that's why these episodes have a slightly different feel.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, pad-hari said:

Indeed i am afraid to watch last nite episode, but omo!!! looking at the preview for next week, i am more reluctant to continue this series.  Its becoming more violent and i am afraid we are going to lose our beloved counters.  Apart from the evil villains now the evil spirits are occupying the universe and disturbing the world.  I know its good overcomes the evil in the end, but still.

It seems the ratings for ep.10 is 9.1% and the highest was 10.1%.  hope it rises in the coming weeks too.

So, all the evil joined hands.  Avengers, lol!!!!!

Omo, he is back to being a handicap, :bawling:

This one BTS pic from Sejonggie

cr: DC gall

Thanks for all the pics. The whole team give us so much content! ! hope they can get to 10%!

I could hardly watch the scenes where So Mun was being beaten up by those disgusting bullies again:bawling::bawling::bawling: So great that he can still remember and use his fight training even if he no longer has his supernatural powers:Fist1:

LOL at the (evil) Avengers assembling! 

22 hours ago, Nodame said:

Hi All,

Like @raziela I did not have this on my radar. But my good friend recommended it a few weeks ago but I said my drama rotation was kind of heavy.

So last weekend and all day yesterday (I took the day off) I caught up 1-10. WOW what a ride! I really like this drama.

Great acting and tight story line, I agree no holes in acting and no filler plot points (ahem Awaken).

I agree that our ML So Mun just has a lovely puppy crush on Hana. Cute how she is playing along and how she teased learning from grandpa that SHE asked him out first. LOL.

Having to marathon was nice to NOT wait, now that I am sucked in, it is going to be hard to wait each week like everyone else did. LOL.

@Nodame Welcome to the thread! :issohappy:  Yaaayyyyyy! It's always nice when a drama sneaks up on you like this and surprises you in a positive way! (such a contrast to that very underwhelming other drama you mentioned<_<)

Making video for The Uncanny Counter episodes 9-10 ( with English subs :D) in the Spoiler bar. Everyone is so adorable!

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1