Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022

Dramas Postpone Filming Due To COVID-19 Pandemic

Many dramas and more have had to temporarily suspend filming or other events due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The drama “River Where the Moon Rises” (literal title), which stars Kim So HyunJi Soo, and more, has halted filming since November 19. A source from the drama stated on November 23 that a background actor (also known as an “extra”) who took part in filming for the drama has been tested for COVID-19. The background actor was tested after they were notified that they had come in contact with a confirmed case.

The source added that in adherence with regulations, the drama had immediately halted filming and they were awaiting test results. They also stated, “It was a day when the background actors were filming a mob scene, so they did not cross paths with the main cast.”

Following the “River Where the Moon Rises” actor being tested for COVID-19, the upcoming OCN drama “The Uncanny Counter” (starring Jo Byeong Gyu, gugudan’s Kim Sejeong, and more) postponed its online press conference that was scheduled on November 23, as the show films on a neighboring set and an epidemiological survey needed to be carried out.

Later that day, a source from the show told MBN Star, “We’ve decided to resume filming starting tomorrow.” They stated that the survey had been completed, and the actor had not come in contact with the cast or crew of “The Uncanny Counter.” The press conference has been moved to November 27.

A background actor who came in contact with a confirmed case also filmed for the Netflix series “I Wish the World Would End Tomorrow” (literal translation). A source from the show confirmed on November 23 that all the production team members who had potentially been in contact with them had received negative test results. Filming will be continuing as scheduled, while following guidelines from health authorities.

The cast and crew of the drama “Bossam – Stealing Fate” (literal title) were tested after a background actor tested positive for COVID-19. On November 23, the agencies of stars Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri shared that their tests have come back negative.

A background actor that filmed for the upcoming drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” (literal title) also received a positive test result for COVID-19. A source from JTBC stated that the actor had also been on the same set as the “Bossam – Stealing Fate” actor who was a confirmed case.

“When we heard that the actor was confirmed to have COVID-19, we immediately completely halted filming for ‘Sisyphus: The Myth,'” the source stated. The cast and crew who were on set with the background actor are being tested.

A source representing “Sisyphus: The Myth” star Cho Seung Woo stated that he will be following the guidelines of the production team and the health authorities. Star Park Shin Hye‘s representatives stated that although she had not been in contact with the background actor, she was tested on November 23 and is awaiting results.

The drama “Joseon Exorcist” (literal title), starring Jang Dong Yoon, Park Sung Hoon, and Kam Woo Sung, also halted filming on November 23. The drama put out a statement explaining that a background actor received a positive test result that day after crossing paths with a background actor from another drama who was a confirmed case.

Sources representing the cast have said that they are in quarantine and they will be tested if they are required by guidelines from health authorities. Kam Woo Sung’s representative stated that he had been on set on the same day as the confirmed case, and Jang Dong Yoon and Park Sung Hoon’s representatives said the actors had not crossed paths with the background actor.

1theK is also taking steps after an external staff member tested positive for COVID-19. They had participated in filming on November 20 and received their positive test result on the night of November 22. A source from 1theK told MBK Star, “The staff members who also took part in filming on November 20 are now in quarantine. They’ve been tested over November 22 and 23 and are awaiting results.” The building has also undergone disinfection.

Updates will be shared as they are made available.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439617wpp/dramas-postpone-filming-due-to-covid-19-pandemic

• Like 3
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just came over to say that I enjoy the abs in this drama!    @Jillia @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st

The Uncanny Counter team have a new photoshoot for cine21  

The Uncanny Counter family have finished filming Season 1!  

• Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] A Wonderful Rumor/The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Yoo Jun Sang, Kim Se Jeong & Jo Byung Gyu - Premieres on November 28th
6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

This was the last drama I expected to use abs to promote.

I don’t even know what drama this is... :D 

They’re doing a good job of promoting it to people like @Ameera Ali and me. :D 

Move over daily dramas ! There is still hope

for evening/weekend dramas!

:wow1:

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Jillia @partyon

wow ocn abs , even with ocn light off , nothing can hide these abs :D

I just googled this drama and the actor is Yoo Jun Sang. Can you believe he's turning 51 in a couple of days? :scream:

Here he is with Rain:

Spoiler

I wish Rain would gain back the weight he has lost recently - he looked the best back in 2012.
Look at the manliness !!!

All That Omg GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Press conference (not sure if the video will be available after the press conference is over). :D

Photos from press conference, cast color-coordinated clothes in black/dark but wore their red signature jackets from the drama for some of the photos. :D

image_readtop_2020_1222828_1606454189444

Spoiler

104180848.1.jpg

104180903.1.jpg

2020112714173493869_1.jpg

2020112714131435647_1606453994.jpg

104180827.1.jpg

D-1 Character teaser! 

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] A Wonderful Rumor/The Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Yoo Jun Sang, Kim Se Jeong & Jo Byung Gyu - Premieres TONIGHT

Jo Byeong Gyu, Kim Sejeong, And More Talk About First Lead Roles, Action Scenes, And Hopes For “The Uncanny Counter”

On November 27, OCN’s new drama “The Uncanny Counter” held an online press conference with director Yoo Sun Dong and cast members Jo Byeong Gyu, Yoo Joon Sang, Kim Sejeong, and Yeom Hye Ran.

Based on a webtoon, “The Uncanny Counter” is about demon hunters called “counters” who disguise themselves as employees of a noodle restaurant and hunt down demons who have come to Earth in pursuit of eternal life.

jo-byeong-gyu.jpg

For Jo Byeong Gyu, “The Uncanny Counter” is his first lead role. He said, “It would be a lie to say that I didn’t feel the pressure. But when I was feeling pressured, I met the director, Sejeong, and the senior actors, and felt like I could depend on them. As soon as I depended on them, I felt more natural about taking on the lead role.”

His fellow cast members shared praise for his work. Kim Sejeong said, “His character isn’t 100 percent bright or 100 percent dark. He has to have both sides to his character. He has an innocent face, but he can make it look like he has some trauma in his past, which was perfect for So Moon [his character name].” Yoo Joon Sang said, “You’ll see a new side of him through this drama. I think that this drama will make you think of his performances in his previous work again.”

About playing a school-aged character again, Jo Byeong Gyu said, “I’m still young. I keep telling myself that I still can’t tell the difference when I put on a school uniform. I want to become more known to the public before I get older. It’s an honor to work with a project that combines humanism, fantasy elements, and action. I’m working hard at managing my health.”

yoo-joon-sang.jpg

Yoo Joon Sang plays a counter whose superpower is superhuman strength. He talked about his rigorous exercise routine and Jo Byeong Gyu chimed in, “He reduced his body fat to 3 percent to get abs. The director suggested that I should work out with him so I also lost about 10 kilograms [about 22 pounds]. To prepare for action scenes, I use a lot of protective gear, wrist bands, and take supplements.”

Kim Sejeong said, We all went to action school together, but when I first went, my first thought was just to avoid causing other people trouble. As I kept going to lessons, I became ambitious about doing well.”

She continued, “Through Do Ha Na [her character name], I like hearing that I’ve become an action star, but I’d like to hear that I’ve met a character who will become a landmark in my career as well. It’s always thrilling and fun to immerse myself in Do Ha Na instead of feeling my own emotions. It’s the first time I’ve felt like that, and it’s so much fun to play her, so I hope that she does become a landmark character for me.”

Spoiler

jo-byeong-gyu-kim-sejeong.jpg

Jo Byeong Gyu added, “There were scenes with such amazing acting. I was watching Sejeong through the monitor with the director and teared up once. It was an important scene about the past, but I after I saw the scene, I couldn’t speak for a while.”

About their hopes for the drama, the director said he hoped that this “Korean superhero” tale would help people temporarily forget their worries about COVID-19. Jo Byeong Gyu added, “I’d like for people to ask if there’s a second season. It was really fun to film on set.” Kim Sejeong said, “Our drama has a societal message, despite the fantasy genre. There are people who do good works all the time, so I hope that we can spread the news of that to more people.”

Yoo Joon Sang quipped, “I hope we do about three to five seasons. I’ll try my best to keep working out to make that happen.” Yeom Hye Ran said, “I want our drama to become an emotional hero story in the Korean style.”

Spoiler

yeom-hye-ran1.jpgthe-uncanny-counter-kim-sejeong-jo-byeon

“The Uncanny Counter” premieres on November 28 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440716wpp/jo-byeong-gyu-kim-sejeong-and-more-talk-about-first-lead-roles-action-scenes-and-hopes-for-the-uncanny-counter

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] A Wonderful Rumor/The Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST

“The Uncanny Counter” Premieres To Strong Ratings Amidst Stiff Competition

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” is off to a promising start!

On November 28, the new superhero drama starring Jo Byeong Gyu and gugudan’s Kim Sejeong aired its very first episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of “The Uncanny Counter” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.7 percent and a peak of 3.5 percent.

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new mystery-revenge drama “The Goddess of Revenge” stayed strong for its third episode, maintaining its average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent and peaking at 4.1 percent for the night.

JTBC’s “More Than Friends” came to a quiet end, with its series finale scoring an average nationwide rating of 1.3 percent, while tvN’s “Start-Up” enjoyed a slight rise in viewership with average nationwide ratings of 4.7 percent and 5.2 percent for its two parts.

In the public broadcast network realm, SBS’s “Delayed Justice” scored average nationwide ratings of 4.8 percent and 6.7 percent for its two parts.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” continued its reign as the most-watched drama of Saturday night, scoring average nationwide ratings of 25.5 percent and 29.4 percent for its two parts.

Did you tune in to the premiere of “The Uncanny Counter”—or the finale of “More Than Friends”? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440776wpp/the-uncanny-counter-premieres-to-strong-ratings-amidst-stiff-weekend-competition

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022