Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022

18 hours ago, Bojun said:

Just watched ep 15 and I'm surprised the rating went below 9%. I guess people want more action and admittedly there were a few hiccups. It was a very bad decision for the counters to separate, knowing that the evil spirit can transfer between the mayor and his son. Considering it is unlikely something will happen between So Mun and Ha-na, the writers should not have included the scene when Mo-tak was teasing the two. The moment when So Mun's eyes glowed blue after absorbing the second Yung spirit was cool. I hope the final episode is really good because I'm hoping they can beat their highest rating.

I don't mind the teasing because it's typical of adults teasing kids who are friends and the kids rolling the eyes and telling them to stop.

I think the ratings decrease is because some people think the recent episodes aren't as good and are not happy about the original writer stepping down.  Unfortunately, I think the slight controversy with the writer stepping down created some negativity about the drama.  I wish we could know what the original writer had planned because I could definitely see there was a different feel in these later episodes.  The drama was exploding in popularity when she was writing so why exactly did the production disagree so vehemently that she came off the drama?  Even so, the ratings in the 8% are still excellent and incredibly high for OCN so that shows just how high expectations are for this drama!

16 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

It took another death for them to realise that they need to always work together.

I appreciated Son Ho Jun's appearance as it did add to SM's powers (although I was sad at how this came about.)

It's the final episode tonight so I'll just sit back and enjoy the final BIG BOSS!

Right?  They should have realised that a long time ago!  I was surprised how much Son Ho Jun gelled with the drama.  Sad we won't see him return.

I really enjoyed the final episode and I the satisfactory way it wrapped everyone's stories - even the mayor's son. Also want to given an honourable mention for the underrated but awesome Chairman Jang-Mul who doesn't get as much love as the main four Counters.  Loved the compilation of our Counters kickarse moments throughout the drama at the end. 

I do have some quibbles like what happened to the new Yung and So mun's healing power and Mrs Chu's illness(set up for Season 2?) from episode 15, the new telekinesis power wasn't explained well, Mun's friends were used  and the PPL was so jarring.  

I wanted to wait until the drama ended to decide what I thought about the new writer.  I do agree these later episodes were not as strong and there was an obvious shift in the tone and storytelling. It wasn't bad and still very enjoyable but there was a marked difference in feeling to the earlier episodes.  To be fair, I feel like so many K-dramas tend to be weaker in the second half anyway and it isn't easy to board a drama in the last quarter.  Regardless, what always remained strong was the acting and the amazing chemistry between the Counters.  I'm not usually one for multi-season dramas but I'm excited to see season 2 of this drama:blush:

Episode 16 scored 11% which is the highest rating of the whole drama (and any OCN drama ever!) so I'm sure they are happy!:piggydance:

Thanks to this drama to introducing me to so many great actors from the main cast to our favourite evil spirit couple to the supporting cast. I am looking forward to their future projects.  Thanks also to OCN who gave the audience so many great behind the scenes goodies AND English subs!:fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just came over to say that I enjoy the abs in this drama!    @Jillia @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st

The Uncanny Counter team have a new photoshoot for cine21  

The Uncanny Counter family have finished filming Season 1!  

I watched the finale without the subs.  A nice ending and a new set of uniform for our counters.  They looked like they are being promoted to the next level of executives.:tounge_wink:  So mun met his parents atlast.

:heartxoxo:

sHHsMsK.gif

ddvaFyC.gif

Maknae is adorable:heart3:

x9xtp2F.gif

cr: dc gall

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

I'm looking forward to watching the last couple episodes! :D I'm a bit behind because of RL, so I haven't read the spoilers for the recent episodes and for the finale either.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“The Uncanny Counter” Confirms Plans For 2nd Season

A second season of “The Uncanny Counter” is coming!

On January 25, a source from the drama revealed, “It is true that a second season has been confirmed for ‘The Uncanny Counter,'” and added, “However, details such as the filming schedule and broadcast schedule have not been confirmed yet.”

On whether the new season will star the first season’s cast such as Jo Byeong Gyu, Yoo Joon Sang, Kim Sejeong, and Yeom Hye Ran, the source commented, “Details are being finalized.”

Based on a hit webtoon, “The Uncanny Counter” aired its season finale on January 24 with record-breaking ratings for OCN.

Stay tuned for updates on the next season!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450545wpp/the-uncanny-counter-confirms-plans-for-2nd-season

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I was expecting a more drawn out fight scene in the finale but it ending up being just the opening act as the finale was all about tying up loose ends. Finally So Mun meets his long lost parents, Ha-na has found peace and Mo-tak has found justice. Happy that they reached their highest rating ever and am looking forward to season 2. Going to be interesting who their nemesis is going to be considering they already fought a level 4.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Bojun said:

I was expecting a more drawn out fight scene in the finale but it ending up being just the opening act as the finale was all about tying up loose ends. Finally So Mun meets his long lost parents, Ha-na has found peace and Mo-tak has found justice. Happy that they reached their highest rating ever and am looking forward to season 2. Going to be interesting who their nemesis is going to be considering they already fought a level 4.

Yes, I was expecting a bigger fight. I also expected the Counters would have some sort of clever plan but it was just to meet up in the location of choice of the villain and everybody else gets their bums kicked until SM got mad enough for his new powers to kick in?  I also didn't like that forced angst when the mayor revealed he had kidnapped Mun's grandparents and SM hesitated.  SM's hesitation made no sense because the sooner he defeated the mayor, the sooner he would lose his powers and his grandparents would escape his clutches.

I am still definitely looking froward to Season 2.  it will be nice to see cheerful Mun back now he has finally spoken to his parents and what they will face this time.  I hope we see the new Yung and SM's new healing power because episode 16 seemed to forget that had even happened:unsure:

Comparison with the webtoon and drama scene in their suits:

The Counters with their amazing stunt doubles:

Yeom Hye Ran (Mrs Chu) Netflix interview.  She looks so pretty!  They should let Mrs Chu dye her hair like Son Ho Jun's character did.

Thanks a lot for the gifs :glasses:@pad-hari

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

“The Uncanny Counter” Remains No. 1 On Most Buzzworthy Dramas List + Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Top Actor Ranking

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” tops the weekly list of the most buzzworthy dramas, while Shin Hye Sun of “Mr. Queen” is No. 1 among cast members!

Good Data Corporation has shared its rankings of the dramas and cast members that generated the most buzz for the week of January 18 through January 24. The list was complied from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about dramas that are currently airing or set to air soon.

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” took the No. 1 spot for the buzzworthy drama list for two weeks in a row. The drama aired its season finale on January 24 with record-breaking ratings for OCN. On January 25, a source from the drama revealed that a second season for the drama had been confirmed. Jo Byeong Gyu from the show maintained his No. 6 spot on the list for cast members as well.

In the second spot for buzzworthy dramas is tvN’s “Mr. Queen,” with lead actress Shin Hye Sun ranking first on the list of buzzworthy cast members and lead actor Kim Jung Hyun coming in second. The latest episode also scored a new all-time high for the drama.

tvN’s “True Beauty” came in third place among dramas, and cast members Moon Ga Young, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, and Hwang In Yeob followed close behind the cast of “Mr. Queen” in third, fourth, and fifth place respectively.

SF9’s Rowoon and Won Jin Ah’s new drama “She Would Never Know” entered the list of buzzworthy dramas at No. 5, and the actors also came in seventh and tenth place respectively on the list for actors. TV Chosun’s new drama “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)” entered the list of dramas at No. 7 after making history as the highest ratings ever achieved by a TV Chosun drama.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz during the third week of January are as follows:

1. OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter”
2. tvN’s “Mr. Queen”
3. tvN’s “True Beauty”
4. JTBC’s “Run On”
5. JTBC’s “She Would Never Know”
6. KBS2’s “A Man in a Veil
7. TV Chosun’s “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)”
8. tvN’s “Awaken
9. KBS2’s “Homemade Love Story
10. KBS2’s “Royal Secret Agent”

Buzzworthy-Drama1.jpg

The top 10 most buzzworthy cast members for the week are as follows:

1. Shin Hye Sun (“Mr. Queen”)
2. Kim Jung Hyun (“Mr. Queen”)
3. Moon Ga Young (“True Beauty”)
4. Cha Eun Woo (“True Beauty”)
5. Hwang In Yeob (“True Beauty”)
6. Jo Byeong Gyu (“The Uncanny Counter”)
7. Rowoon (“She Would Never Know”)
8. Shin Se Kyung (“Run On”)
9. Namgoong Min (“Awaken”)
10. Won Jin Ah (“She Would Never Know”)

Buzzworthy-Cast.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450748wpp/the-uncanny-counter-remains-no-1-on-most-buzzworthy-dramas-list-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-top-actor-ranking

• Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021-] The Uncanny Counter, 경이로운 소문 - Season 2 coming in late 2021/early 2022
On 1/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, raziela said:

Yes, I was expecting a bigger fight. I also expected the Counters would have some sort of clever plan but it was just to meet up in the location of choice of the villain and everybody else gets their bums kicked until SM got mad enough for his new powers to kick in?  I also didn't like that forced angst when the mayor revealed he had kidnapped Mun's grandparents and SM hesitated.  SM's hesitation made no sense because the sooner he defeated the mayor, the sooner he would lose his powers and his grandparents would escape his clutches.

Haha, such good points!

I really enjoyed it. It was really fun, and also genuinely scary at times. The evil spirits were so scary!

I'm so happy that Yu Jun-Sang was in a good show. His last two were... uh, not as good.

And I will always root for Yeom Hye-Ran. The whole cast was great, and I'm looking forward to S2.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Final making video:bawling:

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Haha, such good points!

LOL! I noticed a few inconsistencies like this. I think this was down to the issues caused by the writer upheaval.

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I really enjoyed it. It was really fun, and also genuinely scary at times. The evil spirits were so scary!

I'm so happy that Yu Jun-Sang was in a good show. His last two were... uh, not as good.

And I will always root for Yeom Hye-Ran. The whole cast was great, and I'm looking forward to S2.

Yes, I'm really happy for all the amazing cast.  They all got a big boost out of The Uncanny Counter from the stars to the supporting actors.

A special variety show will air on TVN and OCN called The Uncanny Return this Sunday 7th February with lots of the cast.

OCN also created a cool new title sequence including the supporting cast to promote

• Love 2

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I'm slowly catching up with the drama and OMG! Did I bawl out my eyes in the episode 9 to 11..... :criesariver:

Also, Mrs Chu singing "Mommy's hands are healing hands"... the implication behind it... I JUST CAN'T!

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Wi-gen. It’s all because of me. Please. Wi-gen. Please come inside me. Just this once. They’re all going to die because of me. They’re all dying because of me. Please. Please help me out just this once. What am I supposed to do? You nit-picked over petty things and held our best attacker down on the bench. 

78a19062c7d5e85b669d449ddb4ca753cacf8f94

89c2a35fa3ea9a06983f65060ece68743332d44f

6e94ee741930650e0ff5f8747c4dd7c105b1e032

Spoiler

6d7f64d0eb101e48599d93342c93495cace4f99a

72d65c2e4fa664cd833a53850ae18252fd374aab

dbf8c90ebfdea02853f262c97fba2fb2f610ceb1

bde206e9e6781d85c9bb5c58bf19336836a8269f

Credit: dingyuxi