[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你

sugarplum892

I don’t normally like C Dramas to be honest. The  Manic Ridiculous impossibly naive FLs get on my nerves too much LOL (which is odd because I love a good Taiwanese Drama) but I really am hooked  this one and also Go! Goal Fighting! 

• Like 3

For those wanting a glimpse of our ML and what he's like when he's not 'acting'. He appears 
introverted and is media shy. Was quite surprised that he has the courage and confidence to 

carry out an interview in Cantonese, attributes it to his HK friends. Judging by how he behaves
during interviews, I would say parts of the real him can be found in Lu Jin.....

@lexicon Someone made a comment once that ZLS is good at rom-com. But for more melo stuff

like Love of Thousand Years, she struggles to pull off the depth of emotions required. Given her age,
I would say she probably needs a little bit more of life and living to give those aspects; you can't give
what you have never experienced before. At her age though, and being comfortable to hold her own
with more mature actors, I would say, she's off to a darn good start! I once watched her being interviewed
about whether Ryan Ding or Zheng Ye Cheng is a better kisser, and she honestly said, the latter, because
he is older and knows which angles the kiss would look better, she has the courage to speak her mind! Hats
off to her, and I will continue to look out for her in other dramas, because she certainly has the makings of
a great actress.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Very apertizing ..mouth-watering drama . Hungry for more of ML intereaction and also hungry for food while watching this drama..lol

Very apertizing ..mouth-watering drama . Hungry for more of ML intereaction and also hungry for food while watching this drama..lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Omg the BTS!!! I suppose ZLS has the sense of humour at the right time which make her lovable.  She makes the whole set lively including LS.:hooray2:

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=m0034tqf3ao&ptag=887

@SC2019can you give us a gist of what she is telling?  Thank you.

Edit:

Here is another one. Omg!!! His floss dance is perfect and cute.:kiss_wink:

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=o0034b014os&ptag=887

Edit 1:

Here is another one

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=b00341srwf6&ptag=887

Edited by pad-hari
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Made it for lunch yesterday, did not know her Special Magic Spice so i used what i had , soy & fish sauce and it was all gone , family unknowingly:tounge_wink:  cleared the plates which made me wonder how good her rice must be  with all the appropriate seasonings and freshness.   Please feel free to correct or add to this recipe, i just copied what was translated on the screen so ..........

Finger Licking Fried Rice Ep 1

Ingredients:

Ep 1 @5 minutes

Cubbed Carrots

Boiled Green Peas

Fresh Shrimps dipped / immersed  in boiling water until  pink under the shell - Peel and deveined when added at the end to the rice

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon ? of Salted egg yolk *

1 One More Seasoning (I think its her own brand of Chinese Five Spices )

Continued Ep 1@ 15.50

Seaweed  on top

Oil refined from shrimp heads

Makes the shrimps as fresh as possible

The overnight Rice, manages to absorb the fresh taste quickly

Egg wash is put in the Rice, so that all the Rice was wrapped

Salted egg yolk is the key to mixing them

Baked luncheon meat

and Coddled egg stewed at 68

Make a perfect tach

Each kind of ingredients has its own feature

Knowing them, and cook them in the right way

Will make ordinary ingredients special....       Bon Appetite :yum:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@pad-hari This is what was said in this link http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=m0034tqf3ao&ptag=887 

ZLS: Once they hit the age of 35, men's kidneys start to deteriorate.
        Lu Big Boss, you just turned 35 (this must be his on-screen age), would you like to drink something that will 
        revitalise/ maintain the health of your kidneys?

LYS: Shut up

ZLS: Actually I know some actor's lines that pertain to maintaining the health of kidneys, don't know if you have heard them before.

[Someone in the background shouts out 'Action']

Context of the lines that ZLS is performing: Promotion of a product to revitalise/maintain the health of the kidneys

Note: I think ZLS is speaking in her native accent.

ZLS:  Kidney tonic, Kidney tonic,
        One bottle to reinvigorate you,
        Two bottles to drive away your weariness
        Three bottles to bring you eternal youth
        Drink this tonic and all will be good!  

[Someone in the background shouts out 'Not bad, not bad. We need this.']

ZLS: Do you think he understands?

[Someone in the background replies "A bit, the audience understands"]

LYS: That's really silly, really silly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

23 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Someone made a comment once that ZLS is good at rom-com. But for more melo stuff

like Love of Thousand Years, she struggles to pull off the depth of emotions required. Given her age,
I would say she probably needs a little bit more of life and living to give those aspects; you can't give
what you have never experienced before. At her age though, and being comfortable to hold her own
with more mature actors, I would say, she's off to a darn good start! I once watched her being interviewed
about whether Ryan Ding or Zheng Ye Cheng is a better kisser, and she honestly said, the latter, because
he is older and knows which angles the kiss would look better, she has the courage to speak her mind! Hats
off to her, and I will continue to look out for her in other dramas, because she certainly has the makings of
a great actress.

I don't really follow Zhao Lusi's career, and honestly this is her first drama I'm watching. But from a few BTS clips I've seen and snippets of her interviews, my impression is she's actually pretty serious when it comes to acting. (Despite her onscreen persona). I also think she delivers in some of the emotional scenes (ep 6, 7, and 9). 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@pad-hari This is what was said in this link http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=m0034tqf3ao&ptag=887 

ZLS: Once they hit the age of 35, men's kidneys start to deteriorate.
        Lu Big Boss, you just turned 35 (this must be his on-screen age), would you like to drink something that will 
        revitalise/ maintain the health of your kidneys?

LYS: Shut up

ZLS: Actually I know some actor's lines that pertain to maintaining the health of kidneys, don't know if you have heard them before.

[Someone in the background shouts out 'Action']

Context of the lines that ZLS is performing: Promotion of a product to revitalise/maintain the health of the kidneys

Note: I think ZLS is speaking in her native accent.

ZLS:  Kidney tonic, Kidney tonic,
        One bottle to reinvigorate you,
        Two bottles to drive away your weariness
        Three bottles to bring you eternal youth
        Drink this tonic and all will be good!  

[Someone in the background shouts out 'Not bad, not bad. We need this.']

ZLS: Do you think he understands?

[Someone in the background replies "A bit, the audience understands"]

LYS: That's really silly, really silly.

Then these are adlibs by her.  Wow!!!

Btw, thank you so much for translating the clip.  She is really witty.  Lov her so much.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hehe, he is cute

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=v0034su16hr&ptag=887

In the video he is saying

"Liu shen=sunshine

I like you, do u like me?" 

:kiss_wink:

Of course,.don't we!!!!!!:tounge_wink:

It seems he had a live broadcast of interaction with his female fans @beijing.  He is kinda nervous but charming.

Cannot wait.for tonite episodes.

Edit:

Another BTS.  She is so cute.:heart4:

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=c00349gojux&ptag=887

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Highlights of Episodes 11-12

Spoiler
Spoiler

Episode 11 - LJ and his mum have a heart to heart conversation about GSN in their mansion [the mother questions Li Man as to why her son has been making seemingly irrational decisions and not returned to Switzerland - of course, Li Man comes clean and attributes it to a female chef ]. So, the mother flies to the son, since the son doesn't want to return home. He tells his mother not to beat around the bush, she's done her background check on her. His mother of course puts up Li Man as her choice and LJ rules her out, they know each other too well, that there are just no romantic notions. The mother brings up all the other women he has dated and he offers his justification - one is too young and unreasonable (the mother says but so is GSN, to which LJ replies, so it's great that she doesn't mind our age gap - LOL). How about the other lady who is similar to your age; LJ says that one is too authoritative, pushy, we'll clash. The mum says, well, GSN is feisty too; LJ replies which is why she can handle a difficult person like me. [that was truly a brilliant script, the mother tries to poke holes at GSN and LJ tries to justify why she's a great match, even though he sees those characteristics as a weakness in other women.]

So, LJ brings GSN to meet the mother [of course GSN gives him a hard time as to why she has to meet his mother, but is secretly pleased, nontheless]. Prior to that, her bestie and her uncle the designer (?) give her tips on how to handle the mother. GSN gets a makeover and she turns into a truly sophisticated looking woman; however, to dress down to her age, LJ appears in a leather jacket and jeans...it's a hilarious moment as both have tried to meet the other's social status and/or age.

At the meeting, the mother asks her about her age and takes that as an opportunity to subtly point out how much older her son is (LJ squirms in his seat), but compliments her for dressing like a matured person. GSN says it's because I've always been matured for my age, from young (LJ coughs). Next question - why did you choose this profession? Because this is what my family has been doing for three generations, and secondly (to show that she is well-read), she says she came across a book which pointed out that there are three things in this world that can overcome time, distance and space; i.e. music, food and love. She says she has no talent for music, so she chose food so she can cook for the person she loves for life. [GSN chooses this moment to turn to LJ and flutter her eyelashes at him. Unfortunately one of the fake eyelashes decides to come unglued at this point and they have a humorous attempt at trying to communicate it and rectify it.]

LJ's mum asks her son to leave them for a heart to heart talk among women. After the son leaves, the mother asks GSN point blank whether she needs money. GSN is a little taken aback but she genuinely responds that she needs money to pay back her grandfather so he can retire comfortably, and to pay her rent, but it's money that she intends to earn on her own. The mother says its more money than you will ever be able to earn, name a price for leaving my son. At this point, GSN remembers her uncle telling her not to clash in the first meeting, and to give an excuse that she is unwell, and to continue the conversation another time. She follows and leaves the room. LJ returns to find her gone and asks her mother why. The mother reiterates the excuse given by GSN. The son asks, what's your impression of her then? And her reply is, it's ok. [From her expression, I take it that she is somewhat impressed but confused, she probably thought GSN would act more her age, and that has thrown her off a little but she doesn't want to give into her son so easily and as a woman of logic, she cannot come to terms with the fact that a 21 year old with no social status is going to marry her son.]

Next we see GSN chatting with LJ in her place. He is surprised that his mother asked such a question. And GSN says it's not surprising as your mother would be apprehensive about women dating you for your money [way to go girl]. He comments that she probably isn't too fond of his mother then? She replies on the contrary, she finds his mother pretty cool - direct and to the point! It's at this juncture that the preview of E11 begins playing.

The rest of the episode is about the cooking contest, GSN coming out tops and taking over as head chef, and the grandfather throwing her a party for her promotion at work. At the party, all the neighbourhood friends and family attend. LJ is extremely uncomfortable, it's not the refined, posh environment he is used to...

E12 - continues from the family event. Different people interact with LJ, one of whom is the uncle designer who tells him that these are the people whom GSN grew up with, and they are family. He also tells him not to hurt her, and to halt their relationship if he is unsure about it. From here, we get to the E12 trailer. The continuation of that scene about him cooking instant noodles is that GSN is so hungry she can't wait anymore. But it's quite interesting that she gets up to get her own food supplies just as the countdown to his super precise method of cooking is close to being over (it's like 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 after waiting 3 whole minutes). She sits down with containers of sauces and a packet of instant noodles. She crunches it up and takes out the dry pieces, dips it in the sauces and what looks like a tub of yoghut (?) or mayonaise (?) and proceeds to eat. LJ is rather shocked at what she is doing but can't help but to reach out and try one of the dry instant noodles for himself after dipping it into something which is probably osyter sauce?... and of course he enjoys it... can't go wrong with her taste buds. LOL   In that conversation, GSN asks if LJ found the event noisy? He says no, he saw her dancing happily away...and he feels lucky? Why, GSN asks? I feel lucky because I didn't manage to leave and because of you, I now have so much  many relatives luck

The rest of the scenes are about her taking up her post as the head chef, and facing resistance from the staff. [someone saw her getting out of the 2nd ML's car and another round of rumours begin that GSN is not hooked up with the ML but the 2nd ML. Frankly, either way, she'll be accused of nepotism anyway] There is a function coming up and GSN has prepared a menu that LJ's mum is asked to vet and approve - of course her response is "her again?" After work, she is down in the dumps and ignores LJ. He asks her if he can do anything to make her feel better, and she asks him to accompany her to a place. Guess what? It's the wet market and the vendors at the market are non-too-pleased to see the upset GSN who will drive unreasonable bargains. The show ends here....

• Love 3
  • Thanks 3

show keeps getting better and better.  it's hilarious they emphasize LJ age and his 'stamina'... 

I feel MIL is easy for SN to win over, cook a few dishes for her I suppose

during the ramen scene, he says because of her now he has many more relatives ..... meaning he's taking seriously with her and an indication of marriage to come.  no wonder she's speechless and over the moon 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Did I mention that I love Trumpet LOL 

This is one of the first dramas that the shoe is on the other foot ...he is 36 and she 21 , young , lively, excellent cook, and tons of friends and family so maybe she can change her mind in this romance . She is 'cool' too because her common sense honesty that yes she needs money  is so welcome...we have all seen previous heroines being doormats that something this genuine is a pleasure for me to hear / watch. Our GSN has totally won me over. :heart:

• Like 5

E17 & 18 trailer summary (I haven't found anything on Youtube yet, you can check out the trailers here https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200db1ddbp/u0034jxo1il.html)

Spoiler
Spoiler

E17 - LM is settling some documents and tells LJ she will be done soon (they are in a meeting room). LJ leaves the room for a while, and his phone rings. It's GSN. She starts talking immediately and says "You can't believe what's happened to me ... grandad fainted and he is now in the hospital... they did a procedure on him but he is fine now, not to worry." Li Man interjects and tells her that LJ isn't around, and she can pass on a message to him. GSN tells her that she wants him to return her call. LM contemplates over it and deletes GSN's call record. Then LJ walks in to the room and asks what LM is doing, checking his phone. 

E18 - GSN is in the hospital, tears welling up in her eyes. LJ appears and gives her a hug. Relieve washes over her and tears start to fall as he embraces her tightly. This lasts for a few moments before GSN hears LJ's mothers voice in her head. It says, "Do you think that LJ will be happy, putting aside his work to accompany you every day?"  GSN pulls away and apologises to LJ for dirtying his suit with her snort and tears. LJ comments, "My entire garment is your towel, it is at your disposal." [awww.... how sweet... looks like LJ's mum is maintaining the wall... and I would expect her to...for an iron lady like her, how could she back down so easily? And the show would have very little conflict and hurdles for the duo to overcome then, ain't that right, show?]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

E17 & 18 trailer summary (I haven't found anything on Youtube yet, you can check out the trailers here https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200db1ddbp/u0034jxo1il.html)

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

E17 - LM is settling some documents and tells LJ she will be done soon (they are in a meeting room). LJ leaves the room for a while, and his phone rings. It's GSN. She starts talking immediately and says "You can't believe what's happened to me ... grandad fainted and he is now in the hospital... they did a procedure on him but he is fine now, not to worry." Li Man interjects and tells her that LJ isn't around, and she can pass on a message to him. GSN tells her that she wants him to return her call. LM contemplates over it and deletes GSN's call record. Then LJ walks in to the room and asks what LM is doing, checking his phone. 

E18 - GSN is in the hospital, tears welling up in her eyes. LJ appears and gives her a hug. Relieve washes over her and tears start to fall as he embraces her tightly. This lasts for a few moments before GSN hears LJ's mothers voice in her head. It says, "Do you think that LJ will be happy, putting aside his work to accompany you every day?"  GSN pulls away and apologises to LJ for dirtying his suit with her snort and tears. LJ comments, "My entire garment is your towel, it is at your disposal." [awww.... how sweet... looks like LJ's mum is maintaining the wall... and I would expect her to...for an iron lady like her, how could she back down so easily? And the show would have very little conflict and hurdles for the duo to overcome then, ain't that right, show?]

The link does show the episodes trailer but the old trailer for the drama.

Here is another crazy bts of our cast for the dance in yesterday's episode. 

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=h3154lnhwrg&ptag=887

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@pad-hari

e03b1a91bea6aa42.PNG

If you scroll all the way to the top - you should be able to see this.

I think if you click on this video, it will bring you to the Tencent Video playlists for DITK (so for those wanting to watch the trailers,

you can check here later for updates) in addition to the China tencent site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3