Genre: Romance, comedy

Director:  Chen Chang

Episodes: 24

Broadcast Date: 9/15/2020

Cast:

Zhao Lu Si as Gu Shengnan
Lin Shen as Lu Jin

Synopsis:

The poisonous and arrogant foodie Lu Jin and the talented chef Gu Sheng Nan met with each other and had "according to each other" accident, but he was often attracted by her exquisite craftsmanship. In the process of getting along with chickens and dogs, the two get closer and closer.
Finally, one day, the overbearing president Lu Jin removed the elite high-cold mask and turned into a loyal dog boyfriend. The two found simple happiness in the food. God occasionally dozes off, and Cupid sometimes shakes his hands, but the destined person will eventually walk through thousands of mountains and rivers to meet you. Finally waiting for you, the rest of your life is you.
(Source: Douban) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

English subbed trailers:

https://wetv.vip/en/play/4zzz4flk66ja3st-Dating in the Kitchen/e00345s9thr-Teaser First Ver.|Dating in the Kitchen

https://wetv.vip/en/play/4zzz4flk66ja3st-Dating in the Kitchen/n0034syojbp-Teaser Ver. Ideal Chemistry | Dating in the Kitchen

Wow! This drama version of the film "This Is Not What I Expected" looks really good. I like the main leads together. Zhao Lusi seems really suited to the role of the chef from what I see in the trailers.  I watched the source film and I think there is enough there that could be expanded for a drama format.  I'm glad they are keeping it relatively short at 24 episodes. I'm excited to see this drama! It's been licensed to WeTV so there will definitely be English subs. Hope the drama is broadcast before the end of 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like short dramas. At 24 episodes if done right the story can flush out nicely. Anything beyond that I have to love not just tolerate to continue. And if it's 40 and above...well, that takes will power and I don't have a lot of that. Lusi is maturing and in the near future hoping she'll get some roles that gets her away from the cute girl for a bit. I adore her cuteness though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你
On 9/2/2020 at 7:58 AM, rocs25 said:

Hello, when is going to relase din drama because i  love the story..and a few month ago i saw that the launch day will be on december and now on mydramalist i saw on september the launch date...pls help me 

On 9/15/2020 at 11:47 AM, rocat said:

Yay! Another ZLS show! 
it begins today I think. :getmygrooveon:

Dating In The Kitchen premiered today (September 15, 2020)! 

I have watched Ep. 1-2 and I am hooked! The comedy is hillarious, the main leads are great, script is funny, production values solid. If the next episodes are just as good quality, then I think I have (finally) found the solid rom-com I have been waiting for all year. 24 total episodes, so script is pretty tight and so far few fillers. Loving Zhao Lusi in this role. I haven't seen male lead Lin Shen before but I am loving his performance here. 

Drama has been liscensed by several streaming sites, there are subs! Drama is geo-restricted so you will need to go to the sites to see if the drama is available in your country.

WeTV: https://wetv.vip/en/play/4zzz4flk66ja3st

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/37312c-dating-in-the-kitchen

IQIYI

Tencent Video YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5rnGUORrNfT6qItJb-BVukW

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, morningdew said:

I can't wait to watch this drama.  I love Lin Shen in HSDS 2019.  His Yang Xiao was so hot & charismatic.  I was waiting for him to be a lead in a drama.  And I always love ZLS.  I hope their chemistry works in this drama.

I was not going to watch until there were more episodes but i ended up binging all 8 episodes yesterday. The pair are delightful. I came into this drama for Lin Yu Shen but they are both equally adorable. 
If you love Heavenly Sword, you will love ep. 5. :bashful:

• Like 3

I am loving this drama with each episode more and more. I am currently watching episode 5 and I am giggling like a teenager:bashful:  Lin Yushen shows again why he is one of my favourite actors..ahhh..I guess I will be rewatching episode 5   :lol:  ZLS and Lin Shen have amazing chemistry..

• Like 6

Just up to ep 4 with subs (hurrah Viki!!), and despite a lot of plotholes, I'm loving the drama. This is the kind of fluff where we just need to park our brain and stop being nitpicky for all the missing details, just enjoy the ride! I admit my reason for starting this is my bias Lin Yushen :wub:, but Zhao Lusi won me over. (I'm among the 5 people in the world who didn't watch Tiger & Rose, and haven't seen her other works). Their chemistry is great, they both have great comedic timing, which work perfectly for the show's wacky tone. 

• Like 8

She is a genius both in the kitchen ..i am looking up every recipes for every meal that she made because there is no way i can go past 3 with potatoes LOL :tounge_wink: and out of the kitchen especially when she compares the young and old mushrooms LOL  ....kudos to the writer on some of the best and authentic lines in this drama :love::relaxed:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Wow...I didn't expect their chemistry to be this hot and sensual. Their tension is so sexy and panting hot on screen. 

Zhao Lusi simply have chemistry with all her ML but this one here is right up set the screen on fire and they are not even seriously kissing n making out with each other yet. All her ML oozes chemistry but very sweet kind of chemistry.  This one is so raw and sensual that you just want scream at them to just go straight to bedroom and make out already.:joy: My goodness ... they just have to be together in the same frame staring into each other's eyes and the screen sizzles.

Is it because her current ML LinYushen is older and therefore oozes that manly masculine aura?

Loving this drama so far.

Seriously can't stand ML secretary. Just because he once chose her over his girlfriend,  she thinks she owns him. She looks very old, older than him. The way she spy on his movements and talk down at FL ... really arrogant.  I was super upset that ML took her side when try to comfort FL ... saying his secretary didn't mean anything nasty,  was just trying to exchange knowledge and secretary is a simple n innocent person. 

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1