[Drama 2020] The Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정

0ly40

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@kdramagrandma

Because according to KBS it IS premiering on September 21st. :D Please tell us where you watched the first 2 episodes. I'm sure @partyon and everyone waiting for their oppa to be back would love to know.

EDIT:

Apparently it aired on streaming platforms but I have no further info.

I never keep up with news update etc. Just watch whatever caught my eyes on the site I frequent. The drama was uploaded few hours prior to my first post. I was caught off guard actually because I did not know that the drama was already airing. I can share the site I usually use if I want to download new drama with sub (they already updated) but for the streaming site I actually used,  I am not sure if I am allowed to share it but if you scour kdrama or kvariety reddit site, you might find it. That was how I found it. As I am not directly sharing the link, I hope it is okay to mention the sites I use. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Wavve

Wavve is a domestic streaming site that KBS, SBS and MBC got together to start. So therefor they can reales drama before airing on TV.  Broadcaster do the same in my country reales their own produced program on their streaming site  24 hour before airing. :) I guess this is a way to jugle streaming and broadcasting for those traditional broadcaster so they survive the new landscape with online streaming sites. :) 

@partyon  @Jillia   @Skyline  @kdramagrandma  @Sleepy Owl  @sal2

Gosh earlier there were articles about a joint production.  I guess I missed about this 2EPs-early broadcast (on Sat)  some place before airing it in Korea (M&T)  pufff

((part translation ))

'Zombie Detective' is the first original content collaborated by terrestrial-OTT-IPTV, and three companies, KBS, wave (wavve), and SK Broadband, jointly produced and invested. Every Saturday, two episodes are exclusively released on Wave and B TV, followed by KBS on Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 pm.

(9/7) https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200907104628598

RwjYcrt.gif 

real_jinhyuk

Finally tonight at 9:30. #kbs #Zombie Detective #first broadcast!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFYAUE3AAZW/

5AlTs9p.jpg

cr to DC

eK3KSuD.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202009180812006710

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] The Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

** Omg  it’s so funny  whahaha   PDnim is good. He knows how to turn around a scary zombie into a helpless comical one. :tounge_xd: 
However  the rating for EP1 is rather low. Maybe this drama isn’t for whole family

ZD EP1 ratings: 2.9 and 3.6 percent.

“18 Again” And “Zombie Detective” Go Head-To-Head In Premiere Ratings As “Record Of Youth” Holds On To Lead

TV/Film  Sep 21, 2020   by C. Hong
Spoiler

“18 Again” And “Zombie Detective” Go Head-To-Head In Premiere Ratings As “Record Of Youth” Holds On To Lead

Two new dramas made their premiere in the Monday-Tuesday night time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 21 episode of tvN’s “Record of Youth” took the lead in its time slot with average nationwide ratings of 7.801 percent.

On KBS, “Zombie Detective” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 2.9 and 3.6 percent. “Zombie Detective” stars Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Ju Hyun in a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective to search for the truth about his past. The premiere ratings are a slight increase from the finale ratings of “To All the Guys Who Loved Me,” the last drama to air on KBS in this time slot.

On JTBC, “18 Again” premiered to average nationwide ratings of 1.753 percent. Based on the American film “17 Again,” “18 Again” stars Kim Ha Neul, Yoon Sang Hyun, and Lee Do Hyun in a story about a man on the brink of divorce who suddenly finds himself back in the body of his 18-year-old self.

On SBS, “Do You Like Brahms?” garnered average nationwide ratings of 4.4 and 5.8 percent. This is similar to its ratings from last week, when it also set a personal best.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426915wpp/18-again-and-zombie-detective-go-head-to-head-in-premiere-ratings-as-record-of-youth-holds-on-to-lead

KBS: https://www.facebook.com/KBSdrama/videos/4659227397428472

'Crazy cameo lineup revealed'

#Yoo Jae Suk  #Songgain  #Kim Yohan  #Yu Minsang
#Kim Minkyung  #Na Tae-joo   #Lee Youngji

#Ace_Chan  #Ace_jun

Tonight at 9 pm
Zombie Detective Episode 2 will be broadcast. Coming soon!
Zombie gongsaeng human comic drama #zombie detective
Airs every [Mon & Tu] 9 PM (KST)

Flower Zombie #Kim Muyoung
2th year of treadmill, it's successful to bloom and walk!
Airs every [Mon&Tu] 9 PM (KST)
119982634_4664340753583803_8453298790936004959_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=cOmwqng9QkoAX_MepVe&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3e7e8d841f25b2f579044d4d58dfa743&oe=5F8F41CA

Spoiler

119994822_4664340756917136_8422926934657774728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=aj2X76dwPsQAX9dkCBR&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=cb0be1bea2130ec1fc4a3d884ced9052&oe=5F8FB97A

119966746_4664340750250470_2937818088980578220_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=ZvEP_WGjmUAAX-4fxLc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3a36203a90b377434f86988373b6643b&oe=5F90E1A0

Muyoung dance is coming soon
Airs every [Mon&Tu] 9 PM (KST)
Spoiler

120078551_4664286500255895_45400061065963300_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=lSCOLY3Pt80AX9gNpzL&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=2a8e4b3072eb367583c4cc3c7da875d7&oe=5F906968

120092690_4664286496922562_2892414564625975293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=8LwOqDS8cOwAX-Xb5Xj&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=47427bdf3708c23def3242c005d2f28b&oe=5F8D1569

119992047_4664286493589229_5191510785445393720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=DOG1fqD7iwgAX8sCXxD&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=735bfa21adcaefe5e807773b53cbbe1e&oe=5F8D530C

OMG I've watched the 1st two episodes yesterday and hilarious drama. A handsome zombie btw. I wonder who he was. He woke up as a zombie in a coat. Pity him, he had to learn to be human again. And found a foundation that can cover his zombie skin...lol.. 

Alright, so I managed to watch the first 2 episodes (4 actually). I was really surprised, because the story sounded really stupid but once I watched it I couldn't stop giggling. :joy:

I'm gonna get the rant off my chest first though. Not feeling the FL. I have no idea why she's thinking that everyone is a pervert. She needs to take it down a notch.

original.gif

Okay, so now to all the stuff I liked about the show:

• I just can't with all of the references to The Last Empress. Genius! :D
    Tae Hang Ho and Choi Jin Hyuk played the same character Na Wang Sik in the series. Tae Hang Ho was the before he worked out like Rocky, and Choi Jin Hyuk is what he turned into.
    It was so funny when Tae Hang Ho's character said that he would look exactly like our zombie detective, if he were to lose some weight. :D
    Spoiler

482d7ba3bf418bba20dae034c6cf3183.jpg

Talk about a believable transformation.... :D

Also, Tae Hang Ho's name is Lee Sung Rok (the 2nd ML in The Last Empress was Shin Sung Rok). :D
  • The mix of genres is actually pretty interesting. It's hard to pin point exactly what type of genre this belongs to, but it's okay, because I am laughing all the way!
  • The cinematography and editing is spot on! I haven't seen this type of cinematography and editing before in k-dramas, so whoever is in charge is doing a fine job. Sometimes it almost makes me feel that I am watching an anime, which I think is the point of it. Nice job! :kiss_wink:
  • I've never seen a zombie's point of view before, and it's actually pretty interesting to see how he tries to fit into the world of humans.
    Every time he starts looking at a plump human neck, I can't stop laughing. :D I have to give it to him, being so tenacious and all with learning how to walk and how to use BB cream.
    fa703f7a-b1a9-4eeb-a5fe-6f7f56e9d0ef.jpg
  • The rapping and the dancing. I never thought I would see oppa doing that. Hilarious! :joy:

Some logic has to be thrown out the window while watching this. Like how he doesn't smell and stuff like that.

Otherwise, I have to say that it's quite fun to see oppa do a role like this where he is challenging himself in a new type of role. He's so good in romantic comedies and action thrillers, it's nice to see him doing a comedy for a change. Glad that he's trying something else, despite knowing this won't become a huge success.

Also, I just really really really hope that the zombie doesn't eat the chihuahua.... :joy:

maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT: Found the dance video on YouTube!

Spoiler

This drama is so fun that I keep re-watching Choi Jin Hyuk's scenes :lol: not really feeling the FL either yet but maybe I'll like her later (like with the FL in Are You Human Too?) I laughed at Train to Busan, The Last Empress & Goblin references!  The tongue twister rap in the cave LMAO That dance was sexy when he took off his jacket :kiss_wink:

idk why that rap song in the tunnel makes me laugh, Shazam doesn't work on it so it's not released yet?? 

hope the rest of the drama is just as good as the first few eps! 

I can’t stop laughing after Ep1.  So unexpected.  :lol:

Moonlight Sonata ... 

Ep 1 notes 
- “It’s either the apocalypse or the zombie virus” 
- when he empathises with the zombies being beaten up in the movie 
- my teeth are implanted. Even if I bite you you won’t be infected 
- the zombie rap  with the tongue twisters 
- the “evil cackle” of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (the Detective living across the street)
- he looks up job ads...and he sees one for Part-Time Kingdom .  The zombie series Kingdom on Netflix
- folding pizza boxes like in the movie Parasite because he needed a job that was away from people 
- the Psycho jingle every time her curler wearing Unnie shows up 

Will try to catch up with Ep2 later.  I like the fast pace and the “dark humour”.  A much needed laugh in a somber world.

So I was watching Record of Youth and Do You Like Brahms? in order to watch something light after messing up my brain with thinking too hard on Stranger 2 and Alice. While the first one is still light, the later one has more complicated love line, a bit complex story but still warm. But I think Zombie Detective was the type of drama I was actually waiting for. 

When the drama was announced, I really was not going to watch it, not even until one day before its first episode being aired. I was told on a thread that it was actually a comedy drama with mix of many other genres, which actually intrigued me. Thanks to @partyon Noona, sharing some images, gifs and also posts about it which made me at least for its first 2 episodes. 

I watched the first episode and BOOM I am hooked. Being lover of Zombie genre, I actually enjoyed watching Odd Family: Zombie on Sale, which was a comedy movie on Zombie. This could be slightly similar to it, but maybe much better too. Loved all those references they started giving in first episode, from Last Empress' references to Fast Train to Busan :joy:. From telling to a character played by Hwang Bo Ra not to make Bo Ra uncomfortable to Choi Jin Hyuk's dance for free food. I loved everything about the first two episodes and loved the humor was not really forced till now.

Choi jin Hyuk saying he does not have money for his BB Creams, how can he pay rent was spot on :loolz:.

Also loved him having existential crisis as Zombie and trying really hard to learn living like humans. Plus him feeling sorry for the Zombies being beaten in the movie :joy:

It will be interesting to see how they'll move forward in the coming episodes. We'll have some suspense, the Ultimate Baddie seems to be Santa Claus 

TBzl.gif

Archived