• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

** ZD video PC (Sep17 Th 2mp): Online live channel:

- YT(myloveKBS) https://www.youtube.com/1004kbs
- FB(myloveKBS) https://www.facebook.com/KBSPR
- vlive  https://www.vlive.tv/video/212452

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Anyone who is going to check out this drama tomorrow?

@booha You with me? :kiss_wink:

Yes by now you know ‘Zombie Detective’ will premiere Sep 21.  So much confusion :(  
Sadly for me  Viki will not air it in US.:bawling:  Maybe I might have to settle for watching it on IG lol

78XU7PM.jpg?1

cND9CqF.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202009140831220310

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Premieres on September 21st

“Zombie Detective” Cast Reveals What To Look Forward To In The Drama

TV/Film  Sep 14, 2020 by S. P
“Zombie Detective” Cast Reveals What To Look Forward To In The Drama

The cast of KBS 2TV’s “Zombie Detective” talked about the key points to look out for in the upcoming drama!

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice. Kwon Hwa Woon will play the role of the violent crime detective Cha Do Hyun.

Choi Jin Hyuk selected his unique role as a zombie as something to look out for, saying, “Although I continuously appear as a zombie, I think you’ll enjoy seeing the clumsy side of my character Kim Moo Young, who ends up not being the scary kind of zombie.” He noted that the lighthearted chemistry between Kim Moo Young and Gong Seon Ji will be another point of interest, foreshadowing the synergy between two characters with their own distinct personalities.

Spoiler

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-8.jpg

Unlike typical zombie productions in which zombies threaten the peace of the human world, “Zombie Detective” presents a fresh take on the theme. Park Ju Hyun commented, “It’s interesting that a zombie and a human must work together in order to keep order in the world. The story of these special characters is something to look forward to.”

Spoiler

Gong-Seon-Ji.jpg

Kwon Hwa Woon added, “I think of this drama as a new genre, completely separate from your typical zombie film. There are a lot of fun and refreshing scenes, so I think it’s a drama that everyone will enjoy.”

Spoiler

Kwon-Hwa-Woon.jpg

“Zombie Detective” is set to premiere on September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out a teaser for the drama below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425389wpp/zombie-detective-cast-reveals-what-to-look-forward-to-in-the-drama

Choi Jin Hyuk Gives Park Ju Hyun A Shock In Upcoming Drama “Zombie Detective”

Drama Preview   Sep 16, 2020   by C. Lee
Choi Jin Hyuk Gives Park Ju Hyun A Shock In Upcoming Drama “Zombie Detective”

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Ju Hyun have a surprising first encounter in the upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Zombie Detective”!

The new Monday-Tuesday drama is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

On September 16, KBS 2TV gave a closer look at Kim Moo Young and Gong Seon Ji’s first meeting.

In the stills, Kim Moo Young faces Gong Seon Ji with his mouth wide open, as if he’s controlled by his natural instincts as a zombie. Running into him in the dark, Gong Seon Ji is surprised, and the duo’s first encounter creates an eerie mood. What will become of their relationship after the dangerous incident?

Spoiler

zombie-detective-3.jpg

“Zombie Detective” premieres September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Check out a teaser for the drama below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425862wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-gives-park-ju-hyun-a-shock-in-upcoming-drama-zombie-detective

Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Ju Hyun, And “Zombie Detective” Director Talk Zombie Makeup, Ratings Promise, And More

TV/Film Sep 17, 2020  by J. K
Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Ju Hyun, And “Zombie Detective” Director Talk Zombie Makeup, Ratings Promise, And More

Choi Jin Hyuk and Park Ju Hyun of “Zombie Detective” talked about taking on their unique new drama!

On September 17, a press conference was held for the upcoming Monday-Tuesday KBS 2TV drama, including director Shim Jae Hyun and actors Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Ju Hyun, Kwon Hwa Woon, Ahn Se Ha, Lee Joong Ok, Im Se Ju, Tae Hang Ho, and Hwang Bo Ra.

Spoiler

The new comedy drama is about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

zombie-detective.jpeg

While talking about the casting for the drama at the press conference, director Shim Jae Hyun said, “All the actors that I’d wanted the most for each role are here with us today.” He added, “On top of them all being actors with a lot of personality, they also work well together.”

Spoiler

Choi Jin Hyuk shared, “When I first read the script, I did think about it a lot, and it was a new challenge for me so I also had some fears about the project. But due to the great actors here, the director, and the staff, I’m having fun filming. I think the end product is bound to be great.”

He went on to say, “I made such a shocking acting transformation that I think you might even wonder, ‘Did this kind of zombie exist before?'” He added that he’s been ruining his image to his heart’s content, since he trusts in the director.

“I’m even dancing this time and doing all kinds of things,” Choi Jin Hyuk continued. “It was shown in the teaser a bit but I also wear a headband and shower, and I took a bubble bath for the first time in my life.” He laughed and said, “I think you should look forward to it.”

On the topic of the hardest thing about acting in the role, Choi Jin Hyuk said, “As you may have seen in the teaser, getting the zombie makeup on took a really long time. The makeup alone took about two hours, and we’ve brought that down so that now it takes around an hour. Since that special effect makeup is involved, there’s some discomfort when it comes to filming too. Also, I had to wear fall clothing in the summer, with a trench coat and hat, so that was also a bit difficult.”

Choi Jin Hyuk went on to say that he and the director had worried a lot at first about how the zombie makeup would look, but they were satisfied with it once they did a filming test. “In our drama, the zombie wants to look like a human, so he puts on BB cream and covers up his zombie wounds,” he said.

“I thought that comedy acting was the hardest thing, but I think this is my first time properly taking on the challenge,” he said. “Our drama really combines a lot of different genres, so I think viewers will find it unusual and interesting.” Choi Jin Hyuk also shared that he thought a lot about how to portray details about the zombie character, including thinking about the way he walks and his expressions.

choi-jin-hyuk-2.jpg

Spoiler

Park Ju Hyun spoke about taking a lead role after recently gaining more popularity through the drama “Extracurricular.”

She went on to say that she felt a burden over having to lead the drama as a star, and she said she aimed to preserve her character’s charms and she worried a lot about having many co-stars to try to keep in step with. “However, they made me feel so comfortable,” she said. “So I’m trusting in the senior actors and director and having fun filming.”

Park Ju Hyun also compared herself to her character Gong Seon Ji. She said, “One thing that’s similar about us is that we’re people of action. Gong Seon Ji can’t stand injustice and she’ll see things to the end to the point that she even sacrifices herself, so I think she’s a cool person. It’s made me wonder if I could go so far in a fight for justice, and I’m learning through Gong Seon Ji’s innocence and passion.”

When asked what it’s like to be in a zombie drama, Park Ju Hyun said, “I tried the zombie makeup once. I like horror and zombie movies so I really wanted to try it. But after I did, I thought that Choi Jin Hyuk is really amazing and it would be a lot for him to go through. I think he’s making a lot of sacrifices in order to create a more realistic look.”

park-ju-hyun.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk said, “I wonder if there’s been a Korean drama like this recently. I’m sure that it’s a unique show. Ratings and the public’s opinion will be determined by viewers, but we’re filming it while personally thinking that it feels unique. The actors here are excellent and I think even just watching their performances is fun. The script is really interesting. We’re pulling off the script 200 percent so I think it will be a good drama to enjoy without thinking too much.”

Park Ju Hyun said, “There are a lot of people going through a hard time during this difficult period, and I hope that our drama will be healing for them and make them laugh a bit.”

After Choi Jin Hyuk said that his viewership ratings goal is 15 percent, the director said, “If we surpass 15 percent, then the whole cast will learn a zombie dance from Choi Jin Hyuk and do a group dance on Haeundae beach.”

“Zombie Detective” premieres on September 21 and will be available on Viki.

Check out a teaser below!

Watch Now

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426017wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-park-ju-hyun-and-zombie-detective-director-talk-zombie-makeup-ratings-promise-and-more

"The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”"

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Conveys The Lonely Life Of A Zombie Through Song In MV Teaser For “Zombie Detective”

Drama Preview  Sep 18, 2020  by S. Nam

Watch: Choi Jin Hyuk Conveys The Lonely Life Of A Zombie Through Song In MV Teaser For “Zombie Detective”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Zombie Detective” released a new teaser starring Choi Jin Hyuk!

Spoiler

“Zombie Detective” is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans.

The newly released teaser is in the format of an MV and features clips of Choi Jin Hyuk singing YB’s “Mint Candy” on the September 5 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song.”

Along with the lyrics that seem to convey the sadness of having to live a lonely existence as an undead zombie who has completely forgotten his past memories, the teaser presents the pitiful life of a zombie.

Choi Jin Hyuk captivates the audience as he sings, “I want to go back to those innocent times,” reflecting Kim Moo Young’s longing for his past life. His performance overlaps with scenes of Kim Moo Young running aimlessly through the forest in the dark night, highlight the complicated feelings Kim Moo Young experiences on the inside after unexpectedly coming back to life.

Furthermore, another scene depicts Kim Moo Young screaming in surprise in front of the remains of an animal while holding up his bloodied hands. As Kim Moo Young suffers alone and confused, he portrays the pitiful destiny of a zombie who can’t even control his wild instincts.

Watch the full MV teaser below!

“Zombie Detective” premieres on September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426162wpp/watch-choi-jin-hyuk-conveys-the-lonely-life-of-a-zombie-through-song-in-mv-teaser-for-zombie-detective

Zombie Detective Highlight

Park Ju Hyun Hilariously Knocks Choi Jin Hyuk Down In Upcoming Drama “Zombie Detective”

ab0ff2c676f048098125c768f759e2bc.jpeg?s=

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Zombie Detective” released new stills of Park Ju Hyun and Choi Jin Hyuk ahead of its premiere!

The new Monday-Tuesday drama is a comedy about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective and desperately searches for truth about his past. Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring as Kim Moo Young, the titular zombie detective who struggles to adapt to his new life and coexist with humans. Park Ju Hyun will take on the role of Gong Seon Ji, a writer of an investigative journalism program with unrivaled optimism, tenacity, and a sense of justice.

In the photos, Gong Seon Ji gazes at someone with determination as she swings her helmet back with full force. it seems like Kim Moo Young is her target because he is collapsed on the ground with a stunned look on his face. These stills suggest there was a fierce chase between the two. Although Gong Seon Ji has hit her target, she looks apologetic as she frantically checks up on him.

Spoiler

park-ju-hyun-choi-jin-hyuk.jpg

The production team shared, “It will be interesting to focus on the different zombie and human chemistry and the actors who are perfectly assimilated into their characters.”

“Zombie Detective” premieres on September 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1426550wpp/park-ju-hyun-hilariously-knocks-choi-jin-hyuk-down-in-upcoming-drama-zombie-detective

Hi. I already watched until episodes 2  with subs and decided to check up this forum. I know that this is upcoming drama but did not keep up when it is premiering. I usually just check new drama upload section and this drama was there. But coming here seeing no one comment anything and even said that it will premiere on 21 Sept. makes me thinking, am I in the wrong forum? :surprisedwut:

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching both 2 episodes. Seeing Choi Jin Hyuk as the Zombie flailing around did made me laugh out loud. I did rewind some of the scenes too because it is too funny but I also did skip/mute some parts because I could not stand the cringe and second-handed embarrassment. Park Joo Hyun as the writer struck me as someone with big heart and relentless once she set her mind on something. By the end of episode 2, it is pretty obvious what is the link between the leads. I never really like zombie related film/series/drama but I hope I will enjoy this one. For Choi Jin Hyuk.:bashful: 

Happy watching everyone. :relaxed:

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@partyon

Apparently it will air tomorrow on tv but it aired 2 episodes on streaming platforms (Korean ones).

Why? What's the point of that? Why would KBS release it already 24 hours before to streaming platforms? Is this normal?

I'm so confused.

confused kristen wiig GIF

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I really have no idea. I never heard about it. Maybe they wanted to get Korean viewers excited because Mon & Tue slot is occupied by Record of Youth which airs on 21:00 KST. So Zombie Detective got a hard time. But that's just me speculating. I don't think something like that ever happened before. It's definitely confusing.

Yeah, this is unheard of. I feel like KBS has been really wishy washy when it comes to this drama's airing date. Fine, they've pushed it back several times and we settled with Sept 21. But then they or someone else airs it on Sept 20 instead? How come not even Soompi's news desk knew about this?

I mean they even released an article today that was based on other articles in Korea claiming the same thing. It airs tomorrow.

I just have no idea what's going on. Let's see if someone comes up with an explanation later.

Would be nice to know what this drama's airing schedule is for future references! :rage:

I checked on those websites which I usually use for downloading and nothing was found there, checked Viki too and nothing was there, checked on subscene, and there are Viu subs :crazily:

What is going on? Did Viu release them like Netflix was releasing Game of Thrones episodes by Mistake? :rubchin:

I swear, KBS is not gaining any favors like this!

angry paul rudd GIF

I have been actually waiting for this drama, and it would have been nice to know if something was being released early!

KBS executives, if you're reading this, let me tell you that this is NOT how you do it!  :smashes::kicks:

@booha The first episodes better be worth this fuss!

@partyon I read on mdl that it was released a day early on a site called Wavve btv. Supposedly you had to pay to gain early access. I think this is something that they regularly do? Someone must have retrieved the episodes and put them up for download. 

edit: Nevermind, it could have been Viu that released the episodes too early. 

Archived