Zhang Yu Xi as Cheng Ruoyu
Han Dong as Prince Guang
Xuan Lu as Chou Yanzhi
Mickey He as Chou Shiliang
Xi Xue as Cheng Xi
Yang Xi Zi as Liu Ersha
He Zhong Hua as Li Deyu

Synopsis:

Set in the late Tang Dynasty during Emperor Wenzong's rule, the court was ruled by powerful eunuchs. Tang Wenzong and Wang Ya, Li Xun, Zheng Zhu and others set up a plan in an attempt to slaughter the eunuch Chou Shiliang, but unfortunately failed. The prime minister, Wang Ya, had his entire clan sentenced to death, but only two granddaughters escaped. The younger sister was adopted by Shanggong Yuxi of the Ziyi Bureau and renamed Cheng Ruoyu; while the older sister was adopted as Chou Shiliang's god-daughter and renamed Chou Yanzhi. Seven years later, the new emperor Li Yan ascended the throne and launched the Ziyi Bureau against Qiu Shiliang. As a result, the two sisters was finally able to reunite, but both did not recognize each other. In pursuit of Wen Zong's edict, the two sisters became deathly rivals. When she knew that the person she had been framing was actually her sister, Yan Zhi decided to sacrifice herself to save her sister. In the end, Cheng Ruoyu helped Li Yan eradicate Chou Shiliang. After Li Yan's death, Li Chen assumed the throne, and was determined to work hard to rejuvenate the Tang Dynasty.
(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@eclipse02when was this interview? Any idea?  After the restrictions were eased in china? 

Omg!!!! He's got puffy eyes from so many crying scenes.  Why is he so into sad dramas?  I want to see him in a HE fluffy rom-com.  I think he can pull off that type too.  His voice is so silvery and soulful.  :kiss_wink::wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, pad-hari said:

@eclipse02when was this interview? Any idea?  After the restrictions were eased in china? 

Omg!!!! He's got puffy eyes from so many crying scenes.  Why is he so into sad dramas?  I want to see him in a HE fluffy rom-com.  I think he can pull off that type too.  His voice is so silvery and soulful.  :kiss_wink::wub:

The VLOG is to celebrate the risen number of his followers back then in August 21th (i forgot how much). It is on his weibo. Yes his voice is so beautiful.. he seems so playfull here.. i hope i can see him smiling like this again.. :bawling:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eclipse02 said:

The VLOG is to celebrate the risen number of his followers back then in August 21th (i forgot how much). It is on his weibo. Yes his voice is so beautiful.. he seems so playfull here.. i hope i can see him smiling like this again.. :bawling:

Omg!!!! So much changes happened between my post and yours now.  The followers reduced now coZ of the event on Sunday.  I think it will take sometime to see a true smile on his face right????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Omg!!!! So much changes happened between my post and yours now.  The followers reduced now coZ of the event on Sunday.  I think it will take sometime to see a true smile on his face right????

Yesss such a contrast within 1 day... i'm afraid soo..:bawling:

i think he will never be the same again.. i just hope time will heal.. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woaaaaa the trailer finally here!!!! It is amazingggg..... i can't wait to see it. Cheng Yi's acting is awesome. Even in trailer, he can display such a strong portray of his character Li Yan... 

:foryou:

Credit to uploader

Please drama god, make this drama air this year! 

:heart4:

• Like 3

Woaaaaaaa behind the scene of the drama production... it is soooo freakingly amazinggggg!!!!!

And the wrapping vids of the drama from last night.

OMGGG i can't waaaaaaaittttt :D

And there's more photos of ChengYi that is amazinggg but i don't know how to put in this thread:sweatingbullets:

https://t.co/DZ8gibi4NZ?amp=1

Credit to uploader for all that link

• Love 2

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Dream of Chang'an 梦醒长安
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, kdramaddict01 said:

Looking forward to this drama.  When will it air?  I hope it’s soon!

The drama just aired today! 

Watched the two first episodes with really messed up subs, but in spite of it, my first impressions of this drama are not bad! I really like Cheng Yi as an actor, as I think he can portray a large range of emotions however subtle they may be. I very much enjoyed his performance in Love and Redemption, and as of now, I feel the same with this drama :) Looking forward to the following episodes. 

I can recognise a lot of sub-actors who were also in Under the Power (which previously starred Tan SongYun and Ren JiaLun). I wondered if the directors were the same, but turns out they're different directors. Although, I am not sure whether it is a coincidence, but even the dubbing voices in this drama seem to be the same ones as Under the Power's, at least for our main protagonists. I really loved the dubbing actress who dubbed Tan Song Yun's character in Under the Power, as she was really in sync with Tan Song Yun's lightness of character. I still enjoy the dubbing voice of our leading lady here, but I wish Zhang Yu Xi would be a bit less stiff in her facial expressions. I think her character here is made to have a sprinkle of mischievousness/rebelliousness, but I can't seem to fully grasp these details in this drama (or am I too picky?). It's almost as if the dubbing voice was more expressive than our leading lady, which is nice (kudos to the dubbing actress), but it is not enough to fill the gaps due to what is shown to us visually. I am still relatively enjoying Zhang Yu Xi's performance as of now, and think she improved since Love and Redemption. 

Otherwise, the filming set looks amazing, and the clothes and make-up look great!

Will definitely tune in for more! By the way, does anyone know about the airing schedule of this drama?

• Like 1