[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I conccur with you @chococarmela. Another  great revenge  Daily is Glass Mask.  https://asianwiki.com/Glass_Mask

Perfect revenge drama because there was something that screamed DAEBAK!!!!

Ugh!! I’m mad that I dropped it! I’ll start watching it again to replace this lousy drama.

TvN daily dramas were awesome. (I recommend “A Bird That Doesn’t Cry”, the villain stays a villain and the revenge pays off so well! And it’s the perfect length, 100 full episodes.) They need to start making them again.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

And the protagonist in Heaven’s Promise became a villain towards the end anyway, lol. That’s what it said in the synopsis.

No she did not. That's what revenge is all about. Making the horrible woman pay for causing her mother's death, her child's death and abused her and caused her to be imprisoned. She gave part of her organ to the villain's daughter who stole the father of her child from her. How could she be a villain? Temptation of wife had an ending that made me want to gag and rofl, I could not decide what to do. The series was no different than other dailies. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, maribella said:

How could she be a villain? Temptation of wife had an ending that made me want to gag and rofl, I could not decide what to do. The series was no different than other dailies. 

Lmao being a villain protagonist isn’t necessarily bad, but she did deceive her twin’s parents... Temptation of wife dragged on for too long. BUT it changed the way daily dramas ran forever. It’s legendary for a reason.
And I personally like Jang Seo-Hee. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Lmao being a villain protagonist isn’t necessarily bad, but she did deceive her twin’s parents... Temptation of wife dragged on for too long. BUT it changed the way daily dramas ran forever. It’s legendary for a reason.
And I personally like Jang Seo-Hee. 

The husband in the TOW was such a whimp. Imagine fighting over him.

Yes she did deceive her twin's parents. Revenge panders to the human baser instincts so innocents do get hurt. It was nicely done in the Promise. The parents were happy to have her after the initial shock. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, maribella said:
46 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

The husband in the TOW was such a whimp. Imagine fighting over him.

THANK YOU!! And everyone seemed to forget that he was a rapist too!

1 minute ago, maribella said:

Revenge panders to the human baser instincts so innocents do get hurt. It was nicely done in the Promise. The parents were happy to have her after the initial shock. 

That’s true, and the villains absolutely deserved it. The mom even helped Nayeon after the shock.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Ice Adonis, Heaven’s Promise, and Temptation of Wife are up there. An Angel’s Choice and Cheondamdong Scandal are also 2 great revenge dramas with strong female leads, though I can’t find them anywhere.

And the protagonist in Heaven’s Promise became a villain towards the end anyway, lol. That’s what it said in the synopsis.

Everything you wrote is on point! Those are actually some amazing dramas. Anything with Lee Yu Ri delivers until the end for me

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Ice Adonis, Heaven’s Promise, and Temptation of Wife are up there. An Angel’s Choice and Cheondamdong Scandal are also 2 great revenge dramas with strong female leads, though I can’t find them anywhere.

Ice Adonis is also called Yellow Boots and its subbed on some sites if you can find it. , Heaven's Promise is also called the Promise and its subbed if you can find it as well (KBS World Chanel may have it with subs on Youtube). An Angel's choice has episodes on Youtube under MBC drama I think but they will be split into parts with no subs. Cheondamdong Scandal is my all time favorite and I had a hard time between rooting for the lead female and for the evil mother in law who was totally awesome. But this drama does not have subs and it may be found on some sites but again with no subs but it can be found on SBS on demand if you can get to it. Temptation of Wife is subbed but you will have to do a search to find it. 

I agree all of them had strong female leads and I too love anything that Lee Yu Ri does as she is totally a bad a** When she is doing revenge!

The main issue with this drama is the revenge fell flat and we have run out of time to deal with it. YR being exposed should have been done episodes ago so we can see this battle playing out between her and Lady Joo. As it stands now we are in the fast track to try to clear up issues. I am just waiting to see who SJ is related to and have YJ find out who her mother and father is. 

How long will YR's father keep the truth now that SH has recognized him. I once said he may have been part of the plan to hurt her 31 years ago and it seems from the flash backs he was. I am sure he did it for money to get YR her surgery. Its funny that Minion was insistent to know about this kid when he thought she could be the child. That could only mean he was there when this man took this kid to raise. Lady Joo will be the cause of his ruin as well as he is so devoted to her he will try to take the fall or end up dying for her or with her. 

If SJ turns out to be a twin with YJ then it certainly explains his clingy and obsessed attitude about her. Blood is thick and what he was feeling was the call of siblings. It would be better for him in the long run if Joo is not his bio mom because she has to pay for her crimes and I prefer her dead then in jail to guilt trip him into staying by her side. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Ice Adonis is also called Yellow Boots and its subbed on some sites if you can find it. , Heaven's Promise is also called the Promise and its subbed if you can find it as well (KBS World Chanel may have it with subs on Youtube). An Angel's choice has episodes on Youtube under MBC drama I think but they will be split into parts with no subs. Cheondamdong Scandal is my all time favorite and I had a hard time between rooting for the lead female and for the evil mother in law who was totally awesome. But this drama does not have subs and it may be found on some sites but again with no subs but it can be found on SBS on demand if you can get to it. Temptation of Wife is subbed but you will have to do a search to find it. 

I’ve finished Ice Adonis, Heaven’s Promise was one of my first k-dramas, and I’m nearly done with Temptation of Wife.

It’s “An Angel’s Choice” and “Cheondamdong Scandal” that I can’t seem to find subbed. 

16 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The main issue with this drama is the revenge fell flat and we have run out of time to deal with it. YR being exposed should have been done episodes ago so we can see this battle playing out between her and Lady Joo. As it stands now we are in the fast track to try to clear up issues. I am just waiting to see who SJ is related to and have YJ find out who her mother and father is. 

Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Blood is thicker than water In new level  - Can’t get over fact non brother was not letting brother and sister to date  :mrgreen:  new way to sink a shipping In a style 

I have no idea who these people in your gif are, but as I first looked at it, I thought you had posted a gif from Dumb and Dumber... :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_ny8hrxXx8v1sgixyoo2_r1_500.gifv

I was confused.

Sorry, I'm gonna leave the thread now

Awkward GIF by whitmer thomas

• LOL 7

I watched the episode subbed, well not the whole ep, and Joo is not only despicable, grasping etc. she is obsessed with her husband.

Driver Ko in turn seems fixated by her, jump she says and he jumps. Did anyone figure out why he was married to Joo and at the same kept fiddling the handkerchief SH gave him? She also gave birth to YJ which means he was fiddling more than the kerchief. :Megalol: I am guessing that they dated but he got married to Joo without breaking up. Tonight's episode should resolve a few issues, there are less than 10 episodes left. We have got the truck of doom - red, but we haven't got the running at the airport and we haven't got the time leap yet. Wonder if we still have time.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

If SJ turns out to be a twin with YJ then it certainly explains his clingy and obsessed attitude about her. Blood is thick and what he was feeling was the call of siblings. It would be better for him in the long run if Joo is not his bio mom because she has to pay for her crimes and I prefer her dead then in jail to guilt trip him into staying by her side. 

I think YJ's parents are SH and the Chairman and this will definitely roll the eyes of YR with envy. While SJ is still a mystery, maybe he is the son of Mr Koo probably hence, the reason why his loyalty to Lady Joo is that much.

Just found out the that little boy who played YR's son played as a daughter in Hi Bye Mama.  Such a cute kid.

Edited by Good Karma
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I watched the episode subbed, well not the whole ep, and Joo is not only despicable, grasping etc. she is obsessed with her husband.

Driver Ko in turn seems fixated by her, jump she says and he jumps. Did anyone figure out why he was married to Joo and at the same kept fiddling the handkerchief SH gave him? She also gave birth to YJ which means he was fiddling more than the kerchief.  I am guessing that they dated but he got married to Joo without breaking up. Tonight's episode should resolve a few issues, there are less than 10 episodes left. We have got the truck of doom - red, but we haven't got the running at the airport and we haven't got the time leap yet. Wonder if we still have time.

If I recall correctly, families of Chairman and wife pushed for them to be together.  he always said no, as he was in a relationship with SH.  The desperate Joo asked faithful side kick to get rid of SH.  Chairman turned to the desperado when SH disappeared.  

I am sorry but I hope something bad happens to SJ.  That is the only way his crazy obsessed mother will learn her lesson.  Anyway I have stopped rooting for him once he blackmailed the dumb one.  Ha, he truly his mother's son.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

so she had SJ in old fashioned way , me was thinking she goes all this way to get IVF treatment not oriental medication :yum::mrgreen: - come on Mr Koo she wouldn’t feel better until she get mental medication for her madness :D

946FA326-5627-4067-B0EF-6D2C67821877.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

47 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

OmG!!!!
This drama is a low budget drama. Have you noticed Lady Joo and Hubby don’t have wedding rings neither in the past and in the present. 
Do you think is that why the drama sucks???

Mr Koo is the ring in their relationship , when he not keeping eye on him and guard him from the other women ,  he is her comfort :lol:

23FD2FBC-D519-4913-BE6D-582D6792AA25.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3