Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, fanofr said:

TP went to work in the company unsure of who the culprit was - SJ’s Dad or Mom. It wasn’t just YR that he was after. He couldn’t say to SJ, “hey bro help me pin a murder rap on one of your parents “. He did befriend him to pursue his revenge. But then we saw he got distracted with so many things & forgot his priorities for a super long time.

Hmm that’s true, but why didn’t he say anything about YR tho? She had nothing to do with his parents, and to my understanding TP looked like he did consider SJ his friend eventually, so why didn’t he tell his supposed friend about this parasite?

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@partyon ~ ... one last poll, it is!. calling all chingus for one last time for the final poll!   EDIT: tagging some folks - sorry if I missed any... @yamiyugi @seungshin @afv @

Here is the translation of the final scene of the final episode. (I'll be posting the full TV ratings for all the episodes, so I'll probably make another post later today.)   I also post the

Good ending as with any daily it could have been so much worse and unsatisfying. I call this a win and it goes on my keep list. Some maybe frustrated at what this writer did and some may have wanted a

Posted Images

This drama should have never been titled Man in veil . It should have been titled Seven deadly sins , Everyone in this drama especially Ms. Hefty has committed  them over and over . It makes my blood boil that it took SJ 2 episodes to do what TP couldn't do in 90+ episodes SMDH. I have never seen a drama filled with  this much stupidity in my life. The writer and his twisted imagination seems to have took a nice long vacation ,  With his recreational drugs , And left us all in purgatory a good while ago. This drama should not have been extended not 1 minute longer , it should have been over at least in 80 episodes. 

 

I have no empathy for any  of the characters in this drama except poor Min Woo. I was  bad feeling SJ at one point , But when he started acting obsessed with YJ  it turned me off . there is nothing worst than a guy who wants suffocate you. He Finally covered up the smoldering abs , Put on his genius hat and made TP ,YJ , YR and the Han family look like certified fools I couldn't stop laughing . SJ will probably end up like most Second leads  alone with no one and no one to love . I'm happy its coming  to a close its been dragging  for far too long. :dead:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

Hmm that’s true, but why didn’t he say anything about YR tho? She had nothing to do with his parents, and to my understanding TP looked like he did consider SJ his friend eventually, so why didn’t he tell his supposed friend about this parasite?

The writer was creating too many storylines that he could not handle. So TP went on a vengeful path that fizzled out with a few of Ms Otoke's tears. Likewise her revenge barely got off the ground. Being so much in love, you'd think he would give her a hug when she looked so down, no, just 'bye'. There is just no depth in the storyline or the relationships, so TP cannot be made to be friendly with SJ for too long. The writer has to deal with another story. TP and Han father are people I think Westerners would call inscrutable Asians. Their expressions are so difficult to read. :innocent:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually YR is not wise it so happened that people around her are all dumb.  Why would they tell her what their plans are just to oust her, TP told her that he'll reveal her secrets little by little...DUH!!!.  Everyone in this story are selfish and have secrets of their own to hide, they just think of their own selves.  At least YR is very honest since the very start that is why she made it that far by marrying SJ.  The victim here is SJ being surrounded by liars.  

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

for anyone wondering how yura could have had heart problems as a baby and now is healthily shouting and throwing tea cups... how was it yura being unhealthy as a baby was never mentioned earlier? we can't take this drama seriously but am guessing it is the following...

 

watched this in a science documentary about development of babies -- basically we are all born with a hole in our heart. all of us. this has got something to do with how in the womb, the blood flow is a bit different as the baby's lungs are not really developed and baby get food through the placenta. so after birth, the body re-wires itself to have this normal blood flow pattern -- there is a fancy science term for it which I am not able to remember. within days/weeks of birth, this hole closes for most babies once the lungs are fully functional but in a few cases, it does not. so for some, it causes issues when a person hits 30s or so and then they have some corrective open heart surgery. in some babies, it gets diagnosed early and once baby gets the surgery, they go on to have normal lives.

watched this documentary a while back but if I remember the details right, if this hole is not closed, it is called ''atrial sephal defect" -- for those curious, you can read these notes (1) (2) (3) for parents which explains it well and quite simply..

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla guess that’s kdrama logic for us, lol. We can’t even expect characters to act rationally and realistically, how are we supposed to expect actual science from it??? In a world where major fraudulent scams happen as frequent as breathing?? I’m aware scams happen a lot all over the world but the way that every drama seems to have con artists or scammers is way too frequent, if I didn’t know better I’d be scared to go to korea bcs of the amount of scammers there. Or worse, actual Han Yura.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mocharel said:

@Lmangla guess that’s kdrama logic for us, lol. We can’t even expect characters to act rationally and realistically, how are we supposed to expect actual science from it??? In a world where major fraudulent scams happen as frequent as breathing?? I’m aware scams happen a lot all over the world but the way that every drama seems to have con artists or scammers is way too frequent, if I didn’t know better I’d be scared to go to korea bcs of the amount of scammers there. Or worse, actual Han Yura.

I was there in Fall 2019, didn't get scammed. :) The foliage at Soerak Park was breathtaking.

 

I think it's a case of borrowing other people's ideas. I think one writer comes up with a theme, ideas which aren't necessarily representative of Koreans, so other writers copied if they see the ratings are good.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maribella said:

I was there in Fall 2019, didn't get scammed. :) The foliage at Soerak Park was breathtaking.

 

I think it's a case of borrowing other people's ideas. I think one writer comes up with a theme, ideas which aren't necessarily representative of Koreans, so other writers copied if they see the ratings are good.

Yeah I know that korea isn’t actually full of scammers, if anything, it’s just the same as the rest of the world. It’s just that if someone who didn’t know better watches all these kdramas they would think that korea is full of these con artists and scammers, or elitist rich people who like to bully the poor, or narrow minded sexist patriarchs from the way those stereotypes seem to exist in almost every kdrama. And I thought koreans were so fixated about self image lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic Q: Someone, gonna search the thread for who, mentioned Gracious Revenge, I've started it now and wondered how to find the thread to read comments about it. I've gone through pages & searches but still couldn't find it. Suggestions & help welcome :blush:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GingerK said:

Off topic Q: Someone, gonna search the thread for who, mentioned Gracious Revenge, I've started it now and wondered how to find the thread to read comments about it. I've gone through pages & searches but still couldn't find it. Suggestions & help welcome :blush:

Here is the link @GingerK

 

Can we talk about Ye Jin. It looks like she may be a problem if her mom wants to move on. She is also another dumb character. She believed the rumor of her mom seeing a married woman. Showing she doesn’t have any faith in her mother at all. Instead of asking her mom, she decides to accuse her of having an affair when she has no idea what is going on. 


 

@Lmangla @Jillia @maribella @dramaninja @foreverempress

@Mocharel  @chococarmela @dolorisbrady  Join me in Love ft Marriage and Divorce

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Here is the link @GingerK

 

Can we talk about Ye Jin. It looks like she may be a problem if her mom wants to move on. She is also another dumb character. She believed the rumor of her mom seeing a married woman. Showing she doesn’t have any faith in her mother at all. Instead of asking her mom, she decides to accuse her of having an affair when she has no idea what is going on. 


 

@Lmangla @Jillia @maribella @dramaninja @foreverempress

@Mocharel  @chococarmela @dolorisbrady  Join me in Love ft Marriage and Divorce

 

 

I agree why the sudden "wild" reaction of Ye Jin towards her mom which I find over acting.  Can't she wait for her mom's explanation first? Her mom is the most soft spoken in this drama and supportive. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Here is the link @GingerK

 

Can we talk about Ye Jin. It looks like she may be a problem if her mom wants to move on. She is also another dumb character. She believed the rumor of her mom seeing a married woman. Showing she doesn’t have any faith in her mother at all. Instead of asking her mom, she decides to accuse her of having an affair when she has no idea what is going on. 

 

@Lmangla @Jillia @maribella @dramaninja @foreverempress

@Mocharel  @chococarmela @dolorisbrady  Join me in Love ft Marriage and Divorce

Has it started? I want to finish this show of idiots first. 


Ye Jin is definitely another idiot. Otherwise she won't be dating a Han. :lol: ok ok, love is strange and the writer is stranger. But I think my theory that the writer makes a character stupid when he gives it more screen time is true for Ye Jin too. She wasn't bright before but imagine lashing out at your own mum over  a gossip gone viral. That is stupid and disloyal.

  • LOL 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maribella said:

Has it started? I want to finish this show of idiots first. 


Ye Jin is definitely another idiot. Otherwise she won't be dating a Han. :lol: ok ok, love is strange and the writer is stranger. But I think my theory that the writer makes a character stupid when he gives it more screen time is true for Ye Jin too. She wasn't bright before but imagine lashing out at your own mum over  a gossip gone viral. That is stupid and disloyal.

@maribella  Very disloyal abs dumb. She is the typical only child , she may have still not gotten over the death of her father. She is still childish. Look at how she acted when her boyfriend maybe close to another female. She pouted and all I can think of , WHY ARE YOU WITH HIM OF YOU DON’T TRUST HIM???

Yes the drama just started . It is a weekend drama

  • Like 4
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy’s I need to vent. I have watched most of Kang Eun Tao’s dramas. This is the first drama where I felt he was a terrible actor. Even the kissing scene seems so Offf!!!! 
Check his other drama. He seems so good. 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:


Me thinking : not a another car hit :phew:

writer thinking: love is killing this woman finally :mrgreen:

 

That's her only way out to pay for her evil ways...how about YR?:sweat_smile:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sorry for SJ, realising he was the only one who did not know YR's story. So I thought he was going to do something brutal at the Han's. But as SJ was talking, the awful mother looked scared, the blue haired uncle cringed and the unnecessary brother looked shocked but the father's face?? He was so funny, I was guessing SJ was saying shocking things to the family but father had a poker face during the whole time!! :loolz: he really spoilt it for me. I was going to gloat that hefty woman was done. But the father :joy: ROFL

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...