[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I don’t see it either.  
@maribella I think this script is so flawed. The writer had no idea what she is writing. This was supposed to be a revenge drama and the revenge plot wasn’t played out right. 
 It seems this drama has been extended 5 episodes. It is a total of 105 episodes

The writer made the male lead  busy with so many things - bromance,  romance, sweet Minu and finally, his heart broke over losing all three !  The guy had no time left to focus on getting revenge.  And really so many episodes have passed that its no longer an interesting part of the story.  The writer has left it for too long.  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Indeed, if the writer wants to punish YR and JS's mom, develop YU's past as a non-daughter Han, rehabilitate his uncle, meet the two divided lovers, 5 episodes are needed. It was not for nothing that until now he had wasted time on uninteresting things. Who knows if he will think about revealing the non-pregnancy? in this case it is necessary to add another episode, but maybe I missed some other plot?

:tounge_wink:

• Like 5

@yamiyugi I didn't get to read your full theory yet, (clicked see more & thought woah) :open_mouth: But before I go back to read the rest I wanted to address one thing. Didn't YJ dad tell mom he was going to see an old friend, TaePoong, because she doesn't want him associating with TP?  Also when he was at the receptionist desk he asked for Min Hyuk, who was expecting him.  He seemed surprised to see Koo there, realizing that he worked at the same company. I think the writer forgot what he was trying to do again and needs to put down the Soju. Off to read the rest.

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1

I haven't been checking any articles recently related to the drama, so I checked just now. That's correct. Back on January 6th, the drama was extended by 5 episodes, so it will now end with 105 episodes on February 10th.

Looking at the official TV ratings in Korea, the ratings are doing well over there. Episodes 79 & 82 in particular did well going past 20% in ratings. And the recent episodes stay near 20%. (The only other daily drama that has gone past 20% is 'No Matter What', the rest of the daily dramas are below that.) That's probably why it got extended.

Article link: https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202101061519016510

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ayame said:

Looking at the official TV ratings in Korea, the ratings are doing well over there. Episodes 79 & 82 in particular did well going past 20% in ratings. And the recent episodes stay near 20%. (The only other daily drama that has gone past 20% is 'No Matter What', the rest of the daily dramas are below that.) That's probably why it got extended.

The rating has gone up because everybody wants to know what's going to happen eventually to the evil women and the idiots at the end.

So to make them cut 10 episodes, only one of us needs to watch it and recap it here. I vote @Ameera Ali since she has to make all those fun gifs. :Megalol: Oh well, I know, I know it's not going to work, they only use Korea data.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, Ayame said:

It was extended because the drama has decent TV ratings and the gaining popularity of the drama in Korea. I think that does happen from time to time with daily dramas when there are decent ratings.

I guess I have to start watching it again... I was so looking forward to Miss Monte Cristo. Has there been any news on that drama yet?

• Like 4

@chococarmela The premiere of Miss Monte Cristo has been pushed back to February 15th due to the extension.

I'm probably going to end up watching that one too. I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 daily dramas every couple of years (because of how much daily dramas drag on), but I do enjoy Lee So Yeon & Choi Yeo Jin's acting so I guess I'll be watching it anyway lol.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The ratings for whoever is in this time slot on this network is still the same no matter the show. So I cannot say that it is due to popularity. Gracious Revenge on average was a bit higher when it had the same time slot. I think this slot is secure due to viewer habits.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 daily dramas every couple of years (because of how much daily dramas drag on), but I do enjoy Lee So Yeon & Choi Yeo Jin's acting so I guess I'll be watching it anyway lol.

I tend to watch every other daily drama or pick one based on how much it interests me.

I really like Lee So-Yeon. I don’t think I’ve watched any of Choi Yeo-Jin’s dramas. Any recommendations?

4 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

Gracious Revenge on average was a bit higher when it had the same time slot

I liked Gracious Revenge, loved the OST and the fashion. Hated the ending and most of the characters though.

30 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am started to like this one again to.

Yeah, I dropped this one for a bit but I think I’m finally gonna pick it back up again.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I really like Lee So-Yeon. I don’t think I’ve watched any of Choi Yeo-Jin’s dramas. Any recommendations?

I've been watching K-dramas since the early 2000's, so the first drama I saw her in that I would recommend is "Golden Bride." Although it was released in 2007, not sure if you watch dramas from that far back. More recent dramas of hers that I liked are "The Lover" (2015), "On the Way to the Airport" (2016), "My Holo Love" (2020).

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I've been watching K-dramas since the early 2000's, so the first drama I saw her in that I would recommend is "Golden Bride." Although it was released in 2007, not sure if you watch dramas from that far back. More recent dramas of hers that I liked are "The Lover" (2015), "On the Way to the Airport" (2016), "My Holo Love" (2020).

I watched Golden Bride  @Ayame  for Lee Young Ah and Song Chang-Eui. I am not a fan of Choi Yeo-Jin.  I have never felt for any of her characters except for My Woman 2008 

https://mydramalist.com/823-my-woman

• Like 7

@UnniSarah I do agree. I definitely did watch Golden Bride for Song Chang Eui and Lee Young Ah. (I used to manage the actor thread for Song Chang Eui here on soompi... at least before the thread became inactive lol. I still check out most of the dramas he's in at least.) For CYJ, I feel like she's improved a bit over the years, although she isn't my absolute favorite or anything like that.

• Like 6