[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

Does anyone know the name of the actor who is playing young Tae Poong? I swear he looks like the young man who played the teenage son in Lady Cha Dal Rae's Lover. I checked Asianwiki.com, no info....but they aren't always the most accurate website. 

Waiting this week for the appearance of Lee Si Kang, who I think is gonna be Choi Joon Sook's rich buddy, the one that let him live at a swanky house/apt. I wonder how/when/if CJS  is gonna remember that he is gonna be a daddy, and will his buddy help him or hinder him? 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

Btw... I haven't really shared my thoughts yet because I feel like I need some time to get used to the storytelling in a daily drama.

LOL... certainly different right? hahahahha... just throw out logic of the window. does it make sense that the twin's family is acting like tae poong is some rich fella who got the evil twin pregnant and dumped her? or that yoo ra says that she hid her feelings for tae poong by being mean to him and mom is like okay then. hahahhaha.. and good twin yoo jung is finding things fishy but can't put a finger on it. another week or so and it should all set up for a glorious revenge!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

something funny from yesterday's episode. so we meet the second lead guy (not the good ex-boyfriend in coma but this other guy who is the son of the cold chairman) and he has a hilarious one-liner when he meets the cold chairman -- "because of you we don't need a/c in the summer as you are so cold!" :lol:

so will he have more such interesting insults in the future. should be fun to watch!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

something funny from yesterday's episode. so we meet the second lead guy (not the good ex-boyfriend in coma but this other guy who is the son of the cold chairman) and he has a hilarious one-liner when he meets the cold chairman -- "because of you we don't need a/c in the summer as you are so cold!" :lol:

so will he have more such interesting insults in the future. should be fun to watch!

He is cool , I like him . Just wish they don’t turn him into some crybaby like they did in Fatal promise. Second ML in fatal promise was a cool guy in beginning but then suddenly turned into forever sulking crybaby !! I don’t want anything  like that to happen to second ML here .  First ML , I still need to see how he turns out after BIG change . 

As for FL I am so disheartened. I am not able to like her !!  I liked Park Hana so was able to bear with her squealing in FP but Man how am I gonna like this FL . She is so tall , gaunt and Botox!! Somehow she does not click me. I am used to even older FL but this one is so NO.I still remember her as evil FL from Mothers Garden ! 

I will still try to like her as she is the lead and will go through a lot coz of her evil twin . Still ! Well ..... ! 

• Like 7

if tae poong ran out of his own wedding, does that mean the wedding is still valid? the evil twin's claws have already come out -- we have slap #1 between sisters!!! (well not counting the previous two slaps -- where she slapped her colleague and then the mom of the colleague slapped her back -- so total slap is 3)... rich a/c fella is really something -- no wonder his so called 'friends' secretly hate him. he decides to get revenge by humiliating the 'friend' at the store where he works but good twin gets in the way. his behaviour is way over the top. still not seeing how the cold a/c chairman family and the restaurant lady family and tae poong all tie in together...

• Like 6

Is YJ gonna have that lost puppy look on her face throughout the entire drama? I really don’t like her, she’s so pathetic to me. I get being nice but I hate it when FLs are absolute doormats. I also don’t like the “bad boy/rebellious jerk” son. Why pair the FL with such an a-hole? Watch him “change” in the next 5 episodes... he’d better not mistreat YJ. And her entire family is annoying, I like the one with the amnesiac mom better.

• Like 6

@chococarmela ~ agree that the twins family is really annoying. tae poong is the way he is because of the twins but his mom hasn't blamed them or mistreated them for it. instead, they got a house and have been relatively well. and the family acts like tae poong took advantage of evil twin and got her pregnant, what a joke! hopefully, we will get past all these annoying bits soon -- am waiting for the revenge stuff to begin and for tae poong to 'wake up. it looks like it will be fun!

• Like 7

@Lmangla I still don’t dislike second ML. I hope he gets well with YJ .Looking forward to see how he warms up to her. Though I know once TP turns fetal I will support TP YJ . Though TP won’t be good to YJ coz he will hate that whole  family she belongs .Still that will have another charm . Evil twin is really evil and her mom matches her. I hate both of them. Every time  I see them on screen I loose half liters of my. blood :persevere:

@chococarmela agree I hate doormat types FL , seems this one is gonna be that type. She is no Eundong with Tae In as her advantage . She poor YJ with a parasite family as disadvantage !!

Now since it’s predecessor drama Fatal promise is gonna be my standard scale to compare this  drama in this thread so bear with me . I already warn now.:joy:

• Like 2

One thing that keeps me watching this hot mess is that unlike other dailies, the baddie is getting setbacks right from the start. Usually it's one big steamroll of the bad guys/gals winning until like episode 110. This looks like YuRa is gonna have to stay on her toes every minute to keep up the ruse.

Wonder if the new chauffeur is a buddy of Choi Jun Sook. That would be interesting.  

• Like 3

Regarding plastic surgeries of actors & actresses (Re: Evil Twin). I shouldn't know someone has plastic surgery or botox. If I am looking at an actress and am more irritated by her nose and cheek fillers than her actual acting---that is a problem. These types of things should not be obvious. If one must be a Gagnam beauty then my God, please do not look like you just came from Gagnam!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

One thing that keeps me watching this hot mess is that unlike other dailies, the baddie is getting setbacks right from the start. Usually it's one big steamroll of the bad guys/gals winning until like episode 110. This looks like YuRa is gonna have to stay on her toes every minute to keep up the ruse.

Wonder if the new chauffeur is a buddy of Choi Jun Sook. That would be interesting.  

yea, it is really interesting because yu ra is not at all getting things her way that easily. she is basically clawing her way through. she obviously underestimated tae poong and he shocked everyone by saying that he does not want to marry yura at all. poor fella can't express how he feels. and it looks like there were lots of rumours flying with him running out of his wedding ceremony to help yujung. in this case, the gossip is spot on. he clearly likes yu jung but she is under guilt and tells him to go to yura.... and just when yura thinks she has one over her ex-colleague, she gets photos of her and coma boyfriend. so fast, someone is blackmailing her!!!! ooh, now am curious who that is... 

and what is with a/c chairman and his son? they have such a weird dynamic. what is up with chairman's cold heart that he acts like everyone in his family is a pain to be around and he would rather live alone in a house by himself?

• Like 2

The storylines of this drama are dark and twisted and too much of makjang of the old that I try to avoid, but I'm drawn in by the two actresses (Taepoong’s mom and the mom from the Reply series who has a memory loss).  I keep thinking they wouldn't have taken their roles unless they were good or challenging.  So I'm hanging it for them for now. In the process I'm falling for Taepoong and Yujung.  There will be a lot of tears in this drama I'm afraid. 

• Like 4

it cracks me up that  yura's default technique to get out of a tricky situation is either to faint or have stomach ache. she can pull this off with a pregnany but she better come up with something in the later episodes. found it amusing that the taxi driver who she hired is someone who has a job ethic and won't cheat his customers or turn on them. ha! it looks like yura is being blackmailed by coma ex-boyfriend's brother who turns out to be the driver -- will he continue to be a pain. the preview for ep 10 looks like he will also have an accident. so that's it then for blackmail? and I really disliked the a/c boy second lead -- because of him, a small business may go further into ruin. what a moron!!!!!!! :crazy:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, seungshin said:

Taepoong’s mom

She's gonna die... 

11 hours ago, seungshin said:

There will be a lot of tears in this drama I'm afraid. 

More anger than tears, that's for sure.

49 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I really disliked the a/c boy second lead -- because of him, a small business may go further into ruin. what a moron!!!!!!! :crazy:

Another dry character. Let's hope he's not a JH 2.0

I love how YJ is genuinely happy for YR's baby eventhough she stole her crush.

Screenshot-20200918-231450.png

Surprise mother****er

• LOL 4

I am increasingly noticing a trend of stereotyping characters. You have two groups. Good v/s Evil. Dressed in White to suggest purity and innocence and the other group dressed in Black, suggesting evil and all things wicked. 

I would really enjoy a drama with some shades of gray (not the kinky book, mind you). I want to see characters struggling because that's what life is. It is never as easy or clear as black and white. 

This trend was seen in My Prettiest Moments too. This kind of stereotyping makes me wary of the show. I think I'll wait few more episodes, read few more posts before taking a decision. The premise was promising but the character descriptions and  the poster kind of puts me off.

If we look at the shows getting the highest number of audience, they all have us on tenterhooks because we are not sure what the characters would end up doing due to circumstances. They might be inherently good but they can do things quite out of their character  and that keeps us, the audience hooked. 

I hope more PDs take this into consideration. Break this dichotomy. I mean if it's romcom, I am all for fun and laughter, but the serious melodramas need to rethink their strategy. 

I am sorry if this is not the right place to post a rant, but it is becoming extremely frustrating to see people divided into two clear camps. 

• Like 7

This driver Kim character is getting on my nerves. I dislike blackmail. It’s the worst of the slimy scuzziness. I prefer the  in your face meanness others do, like Yu Ra. Okay, she lies and steals as well, but blackmail is next level smarminess. And pretending like he’s so self-righteous about it is gross. If he was righteous, he would go straight to the mother in law and say, here is YR with my brother, they were dating, my brother is in hospital and they were going to marry just before she decided to hop into bed with your son, so get a dna test, lady.

• Like 5

Still no DNA test? Typical Kdrama CEO, always fooled by some gold digger or manipulative  woman or manipulative man. Poor TP a trauma to his brain and not smart DNA as well. 

:anguished: ok leaving again, checking if TP has changed. :elated:

Edit:

just watched one of the clips before checking out. I want to be shocked to see the evil female's wedding ruined by the FL and ML, but  I kept thinking there are many mentally challenged characters in the show, ML, FL and CEO mum. If I watched other clips, more will surface? :loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2