[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

YR is becoming unhinged! :crazymad:

This is quite the most unpleasant character I have watched in a long time.

She's scheming, conniving and unscrupulous, and now the writer has added physically abusive like some hoodlum, thug. What have we got here.... YR's next move is the sanitarium?

• Like 7

normally I hate triangles but am really enjoying this one because there is a lack of angst. for all purposes, yujung is a single woman and she wants to meet tae poong but she is not fixated or pining for him. her life on her own has meaning and purpose. so she is happy and she beams to be be with seo jun -- so much so that the friend of yura's co-worker thought there was something going on. it does not feel awkward to watch them interact and there is a real joy and laughter.

tae poong might have mixed feelings, he is not brooding or in angst either. it is like one would have a pause over an ex and then shrug, move on. he is focused on his revenge goal but also having fun himself. he is enjoying life, having a good family time. also liked how he shut down yujung in a rather matter of fact way -- it wasn't cruel but neither was it confusing. basically it felt the way a co-worker might tell another to not cross lines. really like that tae poong is not brooding revenge angst lead. he is so much fun to watch and he is not miserable being single.

as for seo jun, he seems so genuinely happy and it is not about him rescuing her from something, or trying to grab her from anyone. he asks if she is single or seeing anyone. so there is no typical clingy second lead "you must be with me" kind of tactic. he is making the moves. she is too dense to see it, kekekek... but neither is she uncomfortable with his presence. it is interesting that there is happy music when these two are together in the scene and he says some really cheesy hilarious lines.

the last person in this square is yura but rather than love or like, this is really about control. she is basically a hunter. once she has her prey, she loses interest. if seo jun had responded like reporter choi, she would have dumped him after fleecing him of his shares in the company. since seo jun refuses to respond, she is becoming interested in him. ultimately, it is about her wanting to be a winner.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I was so curious seeing all the fun gifs being posted - YR being humiliated :lol: and SJ having fun with YJ. I actually watched the last episode with just some FFWD.

I think we will hear SJ throwing back his words at TP later - my best friend or something to that effect. 
YJ was an idiot before, she's better now but still rather dim. (Sigh) Or she sees what she wants to see? 
Now the aunt has taken the place of the most irritating person in the show for me. She should stop sticking her nose into SJ's marital affairs. She doesn't work, so I am guessing she has shares in DL. She's being scammed by a younger man :rolleyes:, when you don't work for your money, it's easy to lose it. 

• Like 6

I'm enjoying watching this drama  , I have never had First and second lead  syndrome this bad in a while .  SJ with his rack of abs and smooth talk . TP is so on the quiet side , Yet so handsome and charming, Omg the sound of his voice I lose  all focus :joy:.   I'm also love seeing YR suffer she deserves it and then some . I couldn't stop myself from laughing ,Yesterday when she thought she was going to get that bag , To see her hopes go up in smoke had me :gangnamstyle:.

I love the triangle and Bromance between TP and SJ . Its going to be hard to watch when TP and SJ turn on each other. The road ahead is not so rosy  for YJ either , Once YR  or SJs mom finds out shes seeing SJ all purgatory is going to break loose. I have no empathy for YR what so ever that's what she gets for deceiving people. On the other SJ knew she was full of :naughty: , He should have scouted out the nearest exit and had been prepared to take flight as soon as he saw her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I love how all of them suffering from first love syndrome but on their own special way :D

*SJ who want to resume from where he stop 5 years ago with the first person who show him the smallest acts of kindness. YJ who looking everywhere for someone who got these features . 

C9SVOrm.gif

* Han Yoo Myung  who think all he need cute /innocent to succeed never think what other need . Innocent Kang Ye Jin who mistake nice gesture love , may open her heart again for it . 

00WLNoe.gif

*SJ’s dad who faithful for his fist love in his heart . YR faithful for her lifestyle choice 
md8c6kY.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

* Han Yoo Myung  who think all he need cute /innocent to succeed never think what other need . Innocent Kang Ye Jin who mistake nice gesture love , may open her heart again for it

Not me @Ameera Ali she thoroughly deserves a better guy and a better MIL.  Both YJ and her brother are under their mother's thumb, and I could just imagine the ending how the awful woman would be forgiven and accepted by TP and the nerdy girl's family.

Adoring her daughter is understandable but selling TP's household belongings! Then kicking him out of her house to stay alone. Vicious miserable woman. The more I watch this show, the more I dislike the mother daughter duo.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, maribella said:

Adoring her daughter is understandable but selling TP's household belongings! Then kicking him out of her house to stay alone. Vicious miserable woman. The more I watch this show, the more I dislike the mother daughter duo.

I dislike the mother so much too, but I think it was YR who sold TP's house and belongings and gave her mom a small sum of money to buy a house for TP.

It seems that YR's brother and Jisuk's daughter will be a couple.

I have another couple in mind, SJ's aunt and Jisuk's brother in law :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I dislike the mother so much too, but I think it was YR who sold TP's house and belongings and gave her mom a small sum of money to buy a house for TP.

It seems that YR's brother and Jisuk's daughter will be a couple.

I have another couple in mind, SJ's aunt and Jisuk's brother in law :)

The mother was overseeing the sales then. I saw that episode when TP tried grabbing some table crying out it belonged to his mother. 

That means SJ will be alone, poor guy like the SML in FP. So he has to go back to NY.

The brother who seemed to be going to auditions for 5 years? Poor girl, probably her head was injured when YR shoved her in the lift.

Good thing if the aunt has a boyfriend, she is so interfering. She is also conniving.

• Like 3