[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

My friends I was watching ep 18, I have a thing to point out:

Firstly, TP knows secretary Koo from the footage. Do you think if he sees him again, will he be able to gather some information about his involvement with his mother's death?

Secondly, I am surprised that YJ's father didn’t help TP, it is clear that he loved TP and his mother. It is really disappointing.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, maribella said:

This is only 1/4 of the show, it has the potential to become good or bad. I am going to stick around a bit more, need some levity in my life from watching YJ cry.

kekeke... yea, it is fun to watch a drama where you don't have to take is seriously and just snark and laugh at pretty much all of the characters...

6 hours ago, Secretz said:

YR, I don't freaking understand why she wants to marry SJ so bad. I mean, you're rich after sucking TP and his mother dry. Are you going to murder another family? 

maybe she has money but she wants the prestige and power? she is definitely like a black widow because we know that if she marries seo jun, she will destroy him and the family in order to get more power. she is basically a black spider!

yura thinks she is so amazingly beautiful that every guy will fall for her. eye roll can't wait for her to get a bitter reality check where she does not get her way. when she realizes seo jun prefers yura, ooh, that will be such a fun slap to watch!...

and now she is back to suspecting tae poong in yesterday's episode. what was that allergy seafood test she gave him? even her colleague thinks it is weird that fake yura keeps joining them. guess that co-worker is rather smart. she actually looks good next to tae poong. she should be the female lead. hahahahha....

the mother is such a leech. why is she so biased towards yujung who has hardly done anything for the family? and yura is such a fool for trying to give her money. if she had sense, she would pay off the bank first so that they don't get kicked out of the house.

it is actually a lot of fun seeing tae poong's anger -- he is not going to forgive yujung and her family as he thinks they are responsible for min woo's death. later, even if she tells him that it is min woo, a DNA test will prove that it is not his son and he will just assume that she is lying. kekekek.. fun times!

and as for seo jun, if he is smart, he will avoid all lunches with his mother in future! the woman will keep trying to match make him. seo jun, go find your kimbap lady to have lunch!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@Lmangla right now I am watching because I like TP, thd child Minhu, the amnesiac woman, her daughter and her uncle, and may be SJ's dad. I liked two dead people, TP's mom and the poor husband :( I still can't form my opinion regarding YR's dad. As for SJ, he is OK but I hope he has brains enough to thwart YR's hopes. 

in revenge drama good characters always die. :(

• Like 3

YJ , out of nowhere, came across TP almost collapsing from an allergy. Imagine the probability, one could win a million dollar lottery with that luck.

Next we see them at a hospital with her ministering to the sick TP. He must have some scar because her phone rings just before her hand reaches the spot. He wakes up and instead of looking surprised to see her, he gives the surly face routine. A stranger would have asked questions. This show is just full of inconsistencies. TP has some smart syndrome but it seems to come in flashes. He does not act as a man who does not know her.

Poor SJ is set up by Director Park and TP saves the day. I thought YJ meets SJ in this scene. The writer should hurry up, I want to see YR's reaction when she finds YJ is her rival and winning too. I would be so humiliated to be bested by an idiot. Yes she is. She works an extra job, I think, and gives money to her ungrateful mother.  I think we are going to have a very frustrating time at the end. TP ends up with YJ and the miserable mother who sold his furniture and kicked him out is forgiven, living with them  in the old house too. :smashes:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, maribella said:

YJ , out of nowhere, came across TP almost collapsing from an allergy. Imagine the probability, one could win a million dollar lottery with that luck.

Next we see them at a hospital with her ministering to the sick TP. He must have some scar because her phone rings just before her hand reaches the spot. He wakes up and instead of looking surprised to see her, he gives the surly face routine. A stranger would have asked questions. This show is just full of inconsistencies. TP has some smart syndrome but it seems to come in flashes. He does not act as a man who does not know her.

Poor SJ is set up by Director Park and TP saves the day. I thought YJ meets SJ in this scene. The writer should hurry up, I want to see YR's reaction when she finds YJ is her rival and winning too. I would be so humiliated to be bested by an idiot. Yes she is. She works an extra job, I think, and gives money to her ungrateful mother.  I think we are going to have a very frustrating time at the end. TP ends up with YJ and the miserable mother who sold his furniture and kicked him out is forgiven, living with them  in the old house too. :smashes:

Behave Maribella, BEHAVE!!!

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by saidamagic

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I feel so frustrated by YJ's character. She is not evil, but rather she is stupid. I think it is faulty script to let her abandon TP when he mostly needed her :( I mean, in general she was kind towards him. She quit her job in the cafe because the manager hurt TP. She looked for proof of TP mother's innocence with TP, she brought up Minhu. Why did the writer use illogical reasons for her to abandon TP? It is just so faulty.

@yamiyugi I would rather describe YJ as inconsistent. 

Bth, did you notice that whenever the good characters use their brains, they got killed, first Jisuk's husband was killed when he knew that Jisuk was the first love of Lady Joo's husband. Second, poor mother of TP knew that YR's baby is not TP's and also knew that Lady Joo framed her for murder. :(

I really like Kang Eun Tak's acting. He is just so good, I strongly nominate him for best actor in KBS awards.

@chococarmela I get your point about female villains, I think you like their brains, for me I prefer male villains :lol:

• Like 8

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think it is faulty script to let her abandon TP when he mostly needed her :( I mean, in general she was kind towards him. She quit her job in the cafe because the manager hurt TP. She looked for proof of TP mother's innocence with TP, she brought up Minhu. Why did the writer use illogical reasons for her to abandon TP? It is just so faulty.

Actually it isn’t faulty writing at all. YJ has spent her life being a doormat and till this day she is. Every time her family needs money, she loses all her saving because she is a doormat @nohamahamoud2002. If YJ is really blood related to them, then yes they will all love together but if there is a birth secret then they won’t live together. She will care for them but love separately. 
Has anyone noticed the as look Yu Jung has when she looks at her Mother  when she is so happy for Yu Ra’s success.  YR’s mom always expect YJ to give her money but not her YR. Whatever YR wants she gets . Smh smh YR doesn’t need to help out or her son doesn’t need to help out either.  

• Like 8

I thought they said the sisters are fraternal twins.  Are you suggesting a baby swap at the hospital?  Also, YJ turned her back on TP so that her mother would tell her where the baby was.  She was still wrong, but I get it.  She should have told TP even if he couldn’t fully grasp the idea.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I feel so frustrated by YJ's character. She is not evil, but rather she is stupid. I think it is faulty script to let her abandon TP when he mostly needed her :( I mean, in general she was kind towards him. She quit her job in the cafe because the manager hurt TP. She looked for proof of TP mother's innocence with TP, she brought up Minhu. Why did the writer use illogical reasons for her to abandon TP? It is just so faulty.

@yamiyugi I would rather describe YJ as inconsistent. 

Bth, did you notice that whenever the good characters use their brains, they got killed, first Jisuk's husband was killed when he knew that Jisuk was the first love of Lady Joo's husband. Second, poor mother of TP knew that YR's baby is not TP's and also knew that Lady Joo framed her for murder. :(

I really like Kang Eun Tak's acting. He is just so good, I strongly nominate him for best actor in KBS awards.

@chococarmela I get your point about female villains, I think you like their brains, for me I prefer male villains :lol:

Hello my old friend!  I have been following your posts.  Am way behind watching the show.  Only up to the point where TP's Mom has died. 

But I gotta say that I don't agree with your assessment of her as one of the good guys.  To me, she was an amazingly stupid and complacent woman.  She had years to prepare once TP met with his accident.  But no, she tried her best to keep him by her side and not let him out to do anything.  Waited till the last moment to find someone to take care of him.  Delighted to marry him off without ever once thinking that it he is a child, unable to take care of himself, let alone a family. I wonder at the extent of her love for him.  Seems like everything was done to her convenience.

I regret that she died because I think when TP planned his revenge, the first person who he should seek revenge from is his Mother.  She is the cause of all his problems.  I didn't feel sad when she died .  I thought at last the world is rid of one less stupid woman.

Jisuk's husband on the other hand was a great guy and I felt sorry when he passed on.  Did he pass on to pave the way for Jisuk to return to her first love?  If he was alive I doubt Jisuk would think twice about her first love.

I agree with the comments about YR's nose!  In another daily, there's this woman who also has a very similar weird nose.  And the weirdest thing was that before plastic surgery the nose looked so much better!   They might have gone to the same plastic surgeon!

I actually feel kind of sorry for YJ.  She loved TP when they were teenagers.  Then I think she felt guilty because of the accident.  After he married YR, she looks more relaxed and looks like she actually have a life!  I don't care if it is selling food or whatever. it is honest living.  not everyone need to strive to be the mover and shaker in their circle.  But I hope she doesn't get back with TP.  Guys who live for revenge have no room in their hearts for love.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I get your point about female villains, I think you like their brains, for me I prefer male villains :lol:

I find it very hard to connect with male villains, actually, because it's mostly superficial or materialistic reasons for them being evil. Other times, they're just written terribly.

• Like 8

Spoiler

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lee Chae Young (이채영) - (1) - 5th Annual Seoul International Drama Awards (SDA 2010) on 10 September 2010

I think the actress playing YR, Lee Chae Young is considered a looker. 

Maybe that's why she is puzzled that SJ is not interested.

Her profile says she's 5' 7, I thought she was 5' 10 like Choi Ji Woo. But Choi looks slender and elegant. 

• Like 6

@fanofr I would rather consider TP's mother reckless because she didn't prepare TP to face the world, but her stupidity doesn’t make her a villain :)

I really liked Jisuk's husband too, but in my opinion Jisuk loved him even more than her first love, so I don't expect her to return to him, because she will never forget her late husband.

@UnniSarah although YJ is a doormat, she was really good to TP until the stupid and cruel abandoning of him. Also her reaction when he married YR is so illogical. Like @yamiyugi  described her, she is clueless and I add inconsistent.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really liked Jisuk's husband too, but in my opinion Jisuk loved him even more than her first love, so I don't expect her to return to him, because she will never forget her late husband.

yea, I don't think she will go back to him either. especially when she finds out that his wife was behind the murder. that will always be something they can never get over...

actually was thinking it would be interesting if seo jun and nerdy girl ye jin get together - a total romeo and juliet vibe with my mom killed your dad and how could we get over this angst kind of plot if that happens. it would be kind of interesting to watch.

now that yujung thinks taepoong has an apple allergy, she is totally convinced he is someone else. wah, she is so easy unlike her sister. kekekeke... it was funny to see yura look so shocked that a guy felt she wasn't his type. bwaahaha... so much ego! she is going to be mad when she finds out yujung is her competitor.

so putting up a small poll (top of page) -- do you think reporter choi the coma in boyfriend will come back? do you think seo jun and yujung will date?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

So bathetic, never hug her child , care for him or give him time of day , now here she  is saving other people children (  ^_^ ) 

My Korean is really meagre but I think she asked the boy's father to marry her. Hugging the child was a strategy, if my guess is right. I think she arranged for his abduction so she could play the hero. The man seems to be richer than SJ's family.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, fanofr said:

Hello my old friend!  I have been following your posts.  Am way behind watching the show.  Only up to the point where TP's Mom has died. 

Thank you my friend :)

I also watch later so I am still in ep 19, but I watch the previews and read the comments to avoid shocks and surprises lol

• Like 4