Quantcast

10 minutes ago, maribella said:

He is not going to hurt 'his son' by hurting YR. He refers to himself as appa. He will pull back and frustrate us.

This is why I doubt if we will get a full blown 'Heaven's Promise' kind of revenge.

we can’t ask to much of Mickey :D  He gonna end with giving Mickey Mouse cookies Kind of revenge 
16021643991602164395.gif

16021645211602164516.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@partyon ~ ... one last poll, it is!. calling all chingus for one last time for the final poll!   EDIT: tagging some folks - sorry if I missed any... @yamiyugi @seungshin @afv @

Here is the translation of the final scene of the final episode. (I'll be posting the full TV ratings for all the episodes, so I'll probably make another post later today.)   I also post the

Good ending as with any daily it could have been so much worse and unsatisfying. I call this a win and it goes on my keep list. Some maybe frustrated at what this writer did and some may have wanted a

Posted Images

Im short on time today, so my apologies if someone has already said this, but, if MH is now so smart, doesn’t he just need to locate the Han family first to see where the baby is? I would have thought that would have been step one: “I’m a prosecutor, you kidnapped my child, now tell me which orphanage it was so I can trace him,” but Lo and behold, there is a little boy of the right age, and I’m going to DNA test him becaus you all lie.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

@Ameera Ali mickey mouse and minnie mouse?

The more I see the FL, the more I want to slap her. She saw a woman push her kid's head, she apologised to that woman.:smashes:
Now SJ's mother is impressed with YR for 'saving ' her. Well, they deserve each other. But I think SJ's mum will learn about YR before things get serious. Her secretary seems smarter than YR's 'secretary'. :D Looks like a bill collector.

Not sure if I want to watch TP running into YJ. The only thing she does for him is cry. 

@Lmangla Maybe YJ has just a tad higher brainpower than TP. That's why she took him seriously when he said he loved her. If a man with the brain of a seven year old said to a woman that he loved her, she wouldn't take him seriously. But this writer is trying to introduce novelty by havingTP  type character in it. So who knows what he or she will do later.

@Ameera Ali that bag is the same  value she has for YR. It's not a Birkin? Or whatever bag is in style now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Watching this show in batches due to time constraints and all but this did help me come up with nicknames for some of the characters here. What are your thoughts on them let me know? Also noticed that I missed out on a poll for this show as well feel slightly bad about that so will let people know what I thought about that and what my choices would have been.

Anyway here are the nicknames for the following characters and why I came up with them.

Spoiler

Yujungs’ Brother Leech He might change down the line but so far there doesn’t seem to be much hope for him. When Tae Poong was alive and he was living in his home he tried to leech of him for favours ie get something expensive to eat or head over to fancy events that he wouldn’t be able to snag on his own. Even when he was trying to woo Yejin his earlier motives were similar. His feelings for her may have changed a bit but I doubt that his nature would do the same as well. Even now he still hasn’t gotten a stable job and wants his mom to run a restaurant or something like that so that he can mooch of her for a bit longer.

Yujung Clueless was initially going to go for Brainless but somebody told me that was too harsh even for a fictious character. They also pointed out that she did seem to have a brain but she couldn’t always spot the clues so Clueless seems more appropriate over here.

Yura and her mother are a bit hard to label since both of the nicknames can easily be interchanged between them. So you all can decide what to call them. For the moment they will be as follows.

Yura Heartless She ditches the man she loves because he isn’t rich or well off as she assumes and he can’t help her get any advantages especially when people are using their connections to not only take spots that they haven’t rightfully earned but are also getting away with abusive behavior because they have the means to do so. Then later on she ditches her family because she feels that they are holding her back and leaves with most of her MiL wealth. She does have one redeeming factor which I will get in a bit so she isn’t totally heartless compared to her mother and that is why I feel those two can share their names.

The Mother (Yura/Yujung) Shameless The reasoning over here is simple. What she ends up doing to her family is nothing short of this. She enables her son to leech on Tae Pong because they gain from it. But then she takes it to the next level as well. She ditches Tae Pong’s kid and dumps him outside an orphanage and then she even tries to kick Tae Poong out of the house as well. Though she does try and provide him with a place to stay.

Now the reason why she is so shameless is simply because she shouldn’t be doing any of that. Their entire new life style is based on his wealth or rather his mother’s. Yura for all her flaws didn’t leave her family high and dry even when she sold of everything. She handed her mother money so that they would have had enough to live in a small house comfortably which included Tae Pong and her child as well. But her mother cold heartedly turned both of them out when she got the chance. Now I could understand if the child was merely Tae Pongs then even if it was wrong we could perhaps feel bad for her as well. but this wasn’t the case. Regardless of the birth father he was still her grandchild. She had no real intent of bringing him back to her house if it wasn’t for Yujung nagging her and trying to locate the child on her own.

Frankly I would have even preferred if her husband actually had the guts to have gotten a divorce from her for not only letting Yura run wild like that but also for what she did to both Minho and Tae Pong. Sadly, all that we got was a threat that wasn’t followed through. Thus she gets to continue to live as an enabler and whatnot. Clearly all of her kids have gone on her. Yujung might have some of her father’s nature but not enough to make her a totally likeable female lead.

Now let’s move on to other things that I have issues with. Granted if this wasn’t the case we wouldn’t have much of a plot and thus a story. But let’s go with it for the time being.

Before we progress with much of the current storyline and all I feel that I should bring up things where I feel that the characters made mistakes in the past itself and what could have been.

So to start with let’s go with the hit and run incident and all that involved. First of all, Detective Uncle shouldn’t have accepted the tissue box from the person that he did. This resulted in him being framed for accepting bribes and thus getting fired from his job. Could understand if the person he accepted it from was a place that he normally frequented and all but this wasn’t the case. Clearly the person was shady since he was warning him not to do anything illegal and he had come down because he heard that he was hiring minors and all. This meant that he should have been extra careful accepting things from him.

The same for the audit team that investigated him. Clearly they were bought off or they actually were incompetent. Am going to go with the former. They find the so called evidence in his car exactly where he left it. Now this is a detective who isn’t known to be corrupt. So first of all why would he accept a bribe. Secondly if he did why leave it out in the open where others can find it as well. When confronted with the box he told that that it was a simple tissue box and he was equally surprised to find that it contained money. If he was guilty wouldn’t he have tried to hide the money instead of leaving it in the car. If he was an amateur, he would have either deposited it in his account or tried to hide it somewhere else. He didn’t do any of that. Not only that if he was as corrupt as they made him out he could have even hidden it in the perfect place where it would have been harder to find. Namely in the finances of his brother’s restaurant where he could have pretended that there were part of the restaurants expenses and all. So unless somebody knew just what exactly to look for it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Apart from this which further shows that somebody had a hand in getting him fired was that since this was his first offense (atleast of corruption) he should have been fined, and punished in some other way. Ie docked pay perhaps even demoted a level or too. Further suspension for some more time and perhaps even transferred to another location. Instead he gets fired. Now we all know the real reason why and who is responsible for that but he doesn’t. still I feel that he should have made some more noise about all of this.

Now moving on to the actual accident that resulted in all of this drama taking place and all.

Tae Pong’s mother getting framed for a hit and run is simply absurd for a few reasons. Further going to show that the police are not only incompetent but in some cases even corrupt. Probably will bring me up to another point later on. Which guilty party contacts the police and reports the actual crime themselves. Either they think that they have enough evidence to think they can get away with it or to avoid suspicion of themselves. Not only does she contact them she waits till the ambulance arrives and only leaves after they tell her that she can do so and that the cops will be in touch with her later on. Clearly not a sign of a guilty person. She could have contacted them and thought that her duty was done and left. If that had been the case, I could have bought that she was suspicious or something.

They then claimed that there was no evidence to collaborate her claims since the dashcam footage was missing. Am a bit unclear in regards to this. Did the Secretary steal the memory card or just erase the data of the day of the accident? If it was the former I could understand some of this confusion but if on the other hand the data was missing, then I am pretty sure the police have enough software’s to restore said data. So clearly sloppy on their part. Not only that but if her car was involved in an accident it would have to be repaired. Yet they found no such evidence of any of that. We also have to remember that they came to arrest her after just a day passed thanks to the testimonies of said witnesses and all. If so was the damage so minor that it could be repaired so quickly and if so where did she get it. I get that they can’t trust her and the family living there since they could be her accomplices and all especially considering that they are In Laws and all. Still they should have investigated nearby garages as well. Unless the villains or Yura thought of covering that base they would have been in trouble.

Finally let’s talk about the accident itself. We all know that foul play was involved and how the owner had actually died. Problem here is that if the cops were even a bit smart they would have figured this out as well. For starters he fell on the rocks where he hurt his head and bled from. He was then moved from there and placed on the middle of the road where he was found. Now here is the strange part. We know that his head injury wasn’t fully healed since there was also a bloodstain on the road where he was placed. But that was just it. doesn’t anyone find that odd. If he was still bleeding enough to do that then there should have been a blood trail leading to the site of the actual incident. Clearly the villains didn’t have time to clear up the crime scene so where was all that blood. Police should have also searched the crime scene for other evidence so I find it equally odd that they didn’t come across the bloody rocks as well. Though that could be explained away by the fact the rocks with blood were actually taken away to be disposed of later on. The only reason that we don’t have the other bloodstains is because the drama clearly was saving on budget and all but if this was real life things wouldn’t be all that simple. Heck even Yukung who is mostly clueless noticed that that there weren’t any skid marks leading to the incident and for a crime scene it was quite clear and all. Too bad she couldn’t figure out that somebody was messing with the investigation and all.

Now let’s move on to the witness statements and all and why I find it weird that nobody figured it out considering all that we know by the last episode or so.

For the first one not much to say. I just wish that Clueless actually had the brains to do two things. first report what she had found to the police (in regards to the video posting and time/date) and then searched for the ambulance dashcam as further evidence to them so that he would have a harder time wiggling out of that. Though to be fair if this was real life if she actually got involved in this way a lawyer probably could have thrown away this case by pointing out that she probably tampered the evidence or something to that extent. Also I find it amusing that the Secretary was caught on the ambulance Dashcam. Boy that was just too clear to be believable. Sure it helped Tae Poong’s mother recognize who framed her in the first place. I do wonder if Clueless still remembers what he looks like when they bump into each other in the future not that it will help anybody at this point.

Next comes the statement from Heartless that she witnessed her MiL commit the hit and run which didn’t allow her to be released because of that. Now here is the thing how come nobody has figured this out by now. We know why Heartless lied like that. She had a lot to gain namely her MiL’s inheritance and all. But she knows that she is actually innocent so shouldn’t she be wondering who went out of their way to frame her.

Follow this up by the fact that Chairman’s Wife doesn’t do anything about said witness. She knows for a fact that the restaurant owner didn’t die in a hit and run but she frames Tae Poong’s mother so that she can get rid of her and doesn’t have to hand over the account books. Even though she had doctored new ones and all. So she should know for a fact that this new witness has to be lying. It would therefore be in her best interest to discover who said witness is isn’t it. After all what does this witness gain by lying like that. As pointed out she herself doesn’t lose on a valuable investment and all. On top of that she got rid of another annoying obstacle.

Now I could initially believe that the identity of this new witness has been kept confidential to protect their identity and all thus there was no leak from the police for a change as it was a closely guarded secret and only certain people in charge of the case would be aware of it. But then we find out in the recent episode that the lead detective is in their pay. Which now makes this even more odd. They say that it was a good thing that they bought him early on in the case but when exactly was that. Even assuming that this was after Yura showed up as a so called fake witness. Somewhere down the line wouldn’t they want to know who the witness was that saved them and all. Then wouldn’t they have tried to find out through the detective. I can understand Heartless perhaps paying him off for his silence to an extent but would her pay be more than DL Group or whatever that he was being paid for by them. Also she only told him that her identity must be kept secret from her family and all this doesn’t count DL Group and others in my opinion.

As for the fact that Tae Poong has suddenly become a genius thanks to the love tap on the back of his head he still can’t connect enough dots to figure out stuff as well. He notices that things are missing from his mother’s case but he can’t figure out who did it. Let’s assume for arguments sake what could be missing. I would probably suspect Yura’s statement as a witness as well as the Flash Drive that he himself submitted to the detective that showed the Secretary stealing or destroying the Dashcam footage from his mother’s car. He should probably be then asking himself who would have access to said evidence that they could make said things vanish.

Not only this but how come he hasn’t figured out DL Group is involved in this somehow. Granted that is a bit harder to figure out. But he suspects that the Rent A Thugs that abducted him are connected to Restaurant owners wife somehow. So shouldn’t he have tried to look into her as well. For starters he should know that her husband is dead by now. Not only this but he has apparently been living with them for quite some time before they were sent off abroad and all. This must mean that he should have noticed some sort of family picture by now of said husband and all. So you are telling me that he never noticed the fact that the husband was mentioned or anything like that when he was secretly investigating his mother’s case. I find that totally odd.

The only saving grace to him is the fact that he has now suddenly gotten photographic memory so if he ever bumps into said Secretary he is going to instantly recognize him. Though I doubt that we would get so lucky.

On a side note I find it amusing that Heartless as a thing for trying to take men that are interested in her sister. She probably is equally dense in regards to that for the time being but it would be interesting to observe her reaction once she discovers this.

Frankly speaking I think Tae Poong’s revenge plot could have gotten a whole lot more interesting if certain things happened. Granted then we wouldn’t really have much of a Heartless plot that I could work around. Still trying to figure out an angle either way. For instance, my initial thoughts were as follows. Clueless finally finds Min Ho and decides to raise him. This causes problems down the line when Seo Joon wants to marry her with the kid and all. His mother is initially against this because she feels that Clueless has a whole lot of baggage with her but she finally gives in to her son’s demands and all. After this when Tae Poong returns he further feels betrayed by Clueless because he initially sees her happily married with a kid which he assumes is hers with Seo Joons and it further doesn’t help the fact that she is living with the enemy and all. They have all these misunderstandings at first. Thus he will hurt her by his actions and all. Until he discovers that the kid she is raising is supposed to be Min Ho. He will then start to forgive her. But since he has suddenly gotten smarter he will secretly decide to run a DNA test and realize that he doesn’t have a match with his son. Naturally this will further cause misunderstandings between them and think that she was trying to trick him and all. Until this misunderstanding is cleared she will also be a target of his revenge until she figures out what is going on and that her sister was responsible. Doubt that she could do much at this point though.

I guess if we wanted to add Heartless in this entire plot that is currently going on we can have the same in regards to the start but when it comes to choosing a wife for her son she prefers Heartless because she seems far more competent that Clueless and she doesn’t have a kid and all with her. We can therefore assume stuff as well.

As for restaurant owner’s wife I think I see where her plot is going from what I watched from the last episode. Now that she is back she is looking for a job since she doesn’t want to mooch of Tae Poong. This means that she will end up working for Yujung’s mother conveniently. Which will eventually result in everyone meeting each other again.

Now let’s try and answer a few things that have been brought up by some of the viewers here.

Some have asked why the restaurant owner wanted to push ahead and meet with the Chairman especially when he knew that he was married now or the fact that the Chairman’s Wife wouldn’t want her husband to meet with the Restaurant Owners Wife because she was afraid that he would want to get back with his first love and all. Here is the thing that is partially true to an extent.

The thing for the Restaurant Owner and why he was being so pushy even when he knew that the Chairman was already married. All that he wanted to know was to find out his wife’s background and her roots since she couldn’t seem to recall it due to her amnesia. In this case his biggest clue was in the Chairman. Now he would have been equally satisfied if anyone else could have done the same. Problem here is that the Chairman’s Wife was complicating matters on her own. Had she been honest with in regards to his wife’s background or even partially honest none of this would have mattered or even gone this far. Unfortunately, she tried to mar her reputation by first painting her as a cheap Bar Girl and when that failed she moved on to the fact that she was a housebreaker that tried to ruin a happy marriage and home by trying to come between her husband and her (seduce the chairman). Problem here was that the guy had already caught her in one of her lies and at this point he couldn’t trust her words and thus wanted to meet somebody else that could answer his questions in regards to his wife’s past and all. Problem was that he was continuously getting stone blocked which made him more suspicious. Unfortunately, this resulted in his death.

As for the Chairman’s wife I can understand why she didn’t want her husband to meet his first love. First of all he still wasn’t over her and secondly their own marriage was on the rocks. Only recently had he finally started to warm up to her and was making an effort to be nice to her. Had he discovered the truth he would have probably left her. Even if he couldn’t marry his first love due to her being happy in her new life and married he would want to spend time with her with the excuse that he wanted to help her regain her memories and all. Furthermore, he partially suspects his wife being involved in her initial disappearance (which isn’t far from the truth). Thus if the truth was discovered he would demand a divorce from her if he didn’t outright ask her for one once he discovered his first love. So her wanting to protect her marriage makes sense to an extent. Then again considering her criminal record I wouldn’t be surprised if that was more of a reason to demand a divorce.

Someone else asked about the fact that Clueless is raising Heartless kid and what exactly does Tae Poong gain out of that considering that this is family business and all. Thing is a bit tricky to answer. Knowing how female leads are such pushovers she probably would have ended up raising the kid anyway. But in this case she assumes the kid to be her first loves as well which is the real reason why she is doing so. Being her sister’s kid in this case is an extra bonus for her. So in this case Tae Poong is more than grateful for her for raising his kid as well. Though conveniently as we all noticed the kids name is changed so when the two initially meet he won’t be able to recognize his own son until something happens. Doubt that the kid will have an allergic reaction to crabs since he isn’t his biological kid and all. Perhaps Clueless is going to slip up one day and accidentally call him Min Ho and Tae Poong will overhear that. Signs of her slipping up have already been evidenced.

Heartless doing her level best to make her MiL hand over the inheritance was amusing to watch. For instance, when the thief stole from a customer and slipped the wallet into Tae Poong’s basket to frame him. Frankly speaking I am surprised that his mother left the matter at just that. Think about it one can understand why he may have stolen the purse like that since he wasn’t right in his head he may not have realized that what he was doing was wrong. But once it was proven that he was innocent thanks to the CCTV footage the next question that everybody should have been asking themselves is why would a thief steal a purse and then frame him what does the thief have to gain. Not only that but he just lost all that money that he stole for nothing. Didn’t his mother find any of that suspicious. She was just grateful for Heartless for having her son’s back and all.

Speaking of Heartless I am further surprised that none of her family are more suspicious of her behavior back in the day. (since she isn’t living with them now). Hopefully this isn’t the case with Tae Poong. For instance, according to the doctor she was already aware of her MiL’s condition yet she failed to share any of that with the rest of the family. Nobody bothered to bring any of that. Granted things happened that would have made this fact slip from their mind. It certainly didn’t help that his mother passed away and then shortly after that they all had to leave their house because Heartless and Shameless teamed up. One sold of everything and the other further added to the confusion by getting rid of their own grandchild. So everyone that actually cared was busy first moving and then searching for said child to bring up any of that.

On a side note I feel like Clueless should lose that top knot on her head/hair makes her look weird.

Am curious about Heartless and her motivation to get married to the DL Group family and also about her current job. First of all, when did she return to Korea. If I recall correctly she left it the same time when Seo Jun was packed of to the States again by his mother. Frankly I could have clearly assumed a plot had happened between Heartless and him at that point or something to that extent which makes her want to be with him a whole lot more sense than her simply wanting to live it up and marry him. This doesn’t show much improvement in her character growth and all. Not only this but I again wonder if this writer even remembers some of the plots that they initially came up with. Remember the plot where the foundation is cutting corners in the funding of the new development project. Then we have the fact that her fellow reporter was covering said case before he was successfully bought by the Foundation for his silence and all. So she atleast supposedly knows the truth about that incident and some of the key players that have been involved. Ie she atleast has/had pictures of the Secretary of DL Group accepting cash and all which she brought to the attention of her MiL. In that case why would she want to be a part of that family. Does she think that she can control them with said weakness? Frankly if she is counting on that I don’t think that her future bodes well for her. We have already seen how the Chairman’s wife takes care of people that she thinks are obstacles in her way. In this case I hope Heartless has provided a will for her next of kin.

Does anybody find it odd that Tae Pong was abducted and nobody bothered reporting that? I would get that if there weren’t any witness to said event but this isn’t the case over here. A neighbor witnessed him being grabbed by strange people and being taken away yet she casually mentions this fact to Clueless. Clueless being who she is (clueless) also doesn’t bother reporting this to the police. So yes I can equally understand some of the frustration that some of the viewers have towards her at this point. She certainly doesn’t get it that Tae Poong needed her more not in the future when she located his kid. How was he going to take care of himself? He really got lucky by suddenly becoming a genius thanks to the accident that he received. She feels bad but the fault is her own. Sure her mother played a part but she had a choice and she took the wrong one. What is worse is that her mother doesn’t even seem to care about Tae Poong’s fate.

This is the reason why I want her to get a divorce from her husband and she ends up with nothing. If she continues to be a part of Clueless family, then she won’t learn her lesson and will continue to leech of Tae Poong even though he is successful now. So she needs to go.

Oh a fun thing to note which some of the viewers might have missed. When she meets Heartless for the last time she is given a bag full of money so that she isn’t left high and dry when the daughter leaves. When she returns back home she is empty handed. Either she had already spent the money on the way back for their new place or she had forgotten it at the restaurant. Further justifying the reason for selling of all that furniture in the house for money. Not that any of that is important at this point.

Anyway have to go for now. Will complete my post at a later point. So all of you take care and keep posting. Looking forward to reading all of them.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 3

questions while watching the episode ~ how is yura planning for her next husband when her current one is somewhere out there? did she never register the marriage with tae poong? and does he know that she was the second false witness? as a prosecutor, he should have access to the file right? why is yura obsessed with marrying her way to riches? didn't she make any money while stealing from tae poong? is it all gone already?

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

questions while watching the episode ~ how is yura planning for her next husband when her current one is somewhere out there? did she never register the marriage with tae poong? and does he know that she was the second false witness? as a prosecutor, he should have access to the file right? why is yura obsessed with marrying her way to riches? didn't she make any money while stealing from tae poong? is it all gone already?

There are two main antagonists in this show, it's difficult to decide which one to hate most. YR or her mother. YR was brought up as a servants' daughter but she did not seem to go through much hardship. Many poor people are homeless or living in shacks. The writer wants us to hate her and build a storyline on the perils of greed. I can hardly wait to see the three of them meeting, YR, YJ and SJ. She wants the prestige of being the first DIL of a chaebol family.

To digress, I knew a seemingly white guy married to a Korean woman and he was complaining that the Korean women in the area were asking her about her family background. They are such snobs he said. I was nonplussed since I knew where Korea was and nothing else. When I saw parts of Winter Sonata, I thought they were speaking Japanese - you guessed right I didn't know Japanese either. I am guessing that it is not unusual for chaebols to marry with each other but that does not seem unique to Koreans.  YR is rather unusual in that she is overambitious. How is she going to hide her background? Her school records, her yearbook. Assuming she gets into the family, it will come out. She is going to bump off her in laws too.:hwaiting2:

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I don't think the actress has the looks that warrant comments whenever people meet her. That nose is out of place, more than other actresses.

@yamiyugi for someone who had watched just here and there, you have come up with so much info I didn't know, Especially about the restaurant family. :rolleyes:
I hope the daughter turned out to be the rich man's daughter and SJ the driver's son. Then he marries YJ and the daughter marries TP. So the heartless woman you've coined won't have anything to do with TP. Her good luck is to have a kind weak husband and a kind, weak, lame brained daughter. We wouldn't want them in the streets, do we? 

• Like 9

Not sure how I missed two whole pages of comments before I posted my post. Pretty embarrassing when you think about that and that is why I couldn’t answer all the questions out there. still haven’t watched the latest episode so no comment on that yet.

Am writing this post to answer some of @Lmangla’s questions to the best of my ability and also to ask a question of my own that probably can’t be answered.

Spoiler

In regards to Heartless’ previous marriage it never took place in any way. The actual marriage had Tae Poong rushing out before the event took place to take Clueless to the hospital who had fainted to no fault of her own. As for her next plan of first registering her marriage and then doing the ceremony later on didn’t pan out as well. When she tried to do that she was contacted by The Terminator (Ex’s Brother) and blackmailed that the moment she did that he would send incriminating evidence to her MiL (her relationship with his brother). So she had to put that plan on hold till she discovered his identity.

Come to think about it she also hasn’t registered the birth of her child as well. She was initially planning on doing that until she realized that her MiL was having financial troubles. She decided to look further into the matter before sealing the deal only to discover that her MiL was planning on donating her entire fortune to the foundation for charity purposes (leaving only a single building to Tae Poong). Which wasn’t enough for her greedy nature. And something else. Which probably brings up a question that somebody else asked earlier. Why doesn’t Tae Poong simply return to that family and ask them where is kid is or that he will charge them with kidnapping his child. Problem here is that there is no legal proof that the kid is his since it hasn’t been registered under his family name. Also it would blow up his cover so that is another reason why he doesn’t do that.

As for the fact whether or not he is aware that Heartless is the second false witness since he has access to his mother’s case files is debatable. On one hand it certainly would be interesting if that was the case and thus why she is a target of his revenge and all. On the other hand, am not so sure. I believe that in the last episode he had a look at the casefiles and noticed that things were missing or were lacking. So her part may have been taken out for that reason. Perhaps the detective at that time was hoping to use her as a surprise witness if the case ever went to court thus kept the file on her testimony in a separate place till it was to be needed. So until they say otherwise I am going to atleast assume that he isn’t aware of her involvement. Then again why is he so cautious towards her. Darn hard to say.

Why does Heartless want to marry up especially when she is supposed to have all that wealth from stealing from her MiL. Don’t know if it has all dried up or not. Going to assume that she still has some remaining since she can afford to get her a gift from the preview of todays’ episode and all. But just how much remains to be seen. Am going to assume that most of it must have been spent on her education studying abroad and living her life there till she decided to return to Korea. She clearly needs a new source of money before her initial batch runs out. Not sure why she isn’t depending on her own skills though. Thanks to her studying abroad and perhaps even making a name for herself back there her specs should be impressive enough that people won’t be able to walk all over here like last time. Her wealth might not be totally helpful though in this case though thus her wanting a stronger foundation to back her up.

Speaking of marriages something that should be brought up is the fact that Seo Joon’s mother conveniently couldn’t show up at Tae Poong’s initial wedding (the one where he ran out) thus she has never seen the bride to be. So now we know the reason why she couldn’t attend it (to further the plot in this manner). If she knew the truth you can be sure that she would never be okay with Heartless becoming her DiL unless she has no other choice.

Not sure who brought up the fact about the kids’ education back in the day and that how only Heartless must have been working hard back in the day while the rest of her siblings were just passing through. I think even back then Clueless was busy supporting her family. Hard to say just how much money the family was making back then also they were both working at Tae Poong’s house but was his mother paying both of them or was their mother just helping around the house pretending to be grateful for letting her family stay at her place. But then again considering how clueless Clueless really is their assessment might not be so far of.

Now the question that I wanted to bring up before I forget again. What do some of the viewers think about Heartless and did she have murdering tendencies far longer than one expects. Am speaking about the incident when she had her MiL’s cars brake lines cut so that The Terminator would get into an accident and hopefully die. Yet like Terminator nothing stopped him and he still managed to return before briefly running out of power and needed to be recharged. My question then becomes was he the only person to be targeted? Was her MiL also to be involved but just got lucky. If one recalls her mother asked the MiL if she also didn’t have to go for the paper signing or something. To which the MiL replied that the guy just had to either submit or collect the documents. She wanted to stay back due to Heartless condition and all. Therefore, this meant that under normal circumstances and conditions she would have also gone to it and since Heartless has lived in that house for quite some time she would have been aware of said fact. Thus perhaps she was initially planning on killing two birds with one stone in the hopes of getting the inheritance all to herself much earlier.

@maribella Oh so many good points that you brought up. How exactly will she cover up her past including yearbooks and whatnot. Actually at this point I won’t much care about it. this is a drama where almost everyone can fake their past if they have enough skill. Tae Poong is the perfect example over here. But this isn’t unheard of other dramas as well. Plus, she has that Dancing Detective or whoever that shady sidekick of hers is that is around to help her out in regards to this. Perhaps create a fake yearbook just add or edit a person’s picture in the real one and have it printed. Just one copy might not be all that expensive and I am sure that she can afford it.

As for Yejin actually being the Chairmans daughter could certainly be an interesting twist. Not sure if the ages match out but if that is the case all that I can say would be nice. While I get your pairing knowing these dramas it probably won’t go the way that you want. As of now Tae Poong only sees her as a little sister so something major needs to happen before he can end up with her. I really hope that the daughter doesn’t change and become unlikable like in another drama that I was watching and dropped last year or so. A Place Under The Sun. then again I watched it from the middle so I don’t feel that I had much of a loss in that drama. On the other hand, if it turns out that Seo Joon is the secretary’s son then I have no real issue of him marrying Yura as that would have the same result. Their mother wouldn’t be able to leech of anybody at this point.

Anyway this covers my post for the time being. Now will download the latest episode and watch it. Take care all of you and keep posting.

PS @Jillia nice to finally catch a thread with you. Now you can see that I am following your request to a T. Also want to apologize to you once again if I ever offended you with my poor sense of humour. Come to think about it while I meant no harm it might not have been seen in that way especially considering how busy moderators all are. Thus seeing just a part of it one could have misunderstood the actual meaning and intent.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

Now the question that I wanted to bring up before I forget again. What do some of the viewers think about Heartless and did she have murdering tendencies far longer than one expects. Am speaking about the incident when she had her MiL’s cars brake lines cut so that The Terminator would get into an accident and hopefully die. Yet like Terminator nothing stopped him and he still managed to return before briefly running out of power and needed to be recharged. My question then becomes was he the only person to be targeted? Was her MiL also to be involved but just got lucky. If one recalls her mother asked the MiL if she also didn’t have to go for the paper signing or something. To which the MiL replied that the guy just had to either submit or collect the documents. She wanted to stay back due to Heartless condition and all. Therefore, this meant that under normal circumstances and conditions she would have also gone to it and since Heartless has lived in that house for quite some time she would have been aware of said fact. Thus perhaps she was initially planning on killing two birds with one stone in the hopes of getting the inheritance all to herself much earlier.

That is exactly what Heartless wanted. YR always had murdering intentions. YR is selfish.

I agree with you @yamiyugi Clueless was always supporting her family. Sadly only the father and Clueless worked. Clueless worked for the living expenses and credit card payment ( for example when HEARTLESS WAS GOING TO MEET HER FUTURE IN LAWS , SHE ASKED SHAMELESS FOR MONEY BUT SHAMELESS GAVE THE CARD CLUELESS GAVE HER CLAIMING SHE HAS NO MONEY).  I believe she supported the whole family while Heartless got to live her best life and follow her dream. It seems a bit unfair in my opinion and so annoying.

I don’t think Yejin is the chairman’s daughter. Yejin is the dead man’s daughter. Remember he found her in the forest and saved her. There was no mention of child. So she isn’t part of the birth secret. 
i believe SJ isn’t the chairman’s son, it reminds me of Bad Love ( 2019) where the chairman second son was actually the secretary man. This is a story line that is usually used when the Chairman already lost the love of their life by separation or misunderstanding. 

Actually I was thinking of Yu Jung being adopted and being the Chairman daughter. The SJ’s mom got rid of her by losing her. Which in the reason why SJ really likes YJ liken his mom is so obsessed with The Chairman. @Jillia

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

We are really kdrama followers @UnniSarah @yamiyugi :lol: Nobody is quite a straight forward child, but lost or adopted. 
At this time, the most likely secret is that SJ is the secretary's kid.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

agree with you @yamiyugi Clueless was always supporting her family. Sadly only the father and Clueless worked. Clueless worked for the living expenses and credit card payment ( for example when HEARTLESS WAS GOING TO MEET HER FUTURE IN LAWS , SHE ASKED SHAMELESS FOR MONEY

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

just passing through. I think even back then Clueless was busy supporting her family. Hard to say just how much money the family was making back then also they were both working a

This part is quite conflicting to me. TP's mother is portrayed as a generous person. If they lived and worked for her, she would know if the children were not studying because of money and would have paid for them. YJ also called her ajumma, isn't that a familiar term?  If the writer did not write it on purpose, I am going to say that YR is the only one who is smart enough to go to college. 

It does make sense for TP to go to the right places and find his 'son' but we need to remember that he is out for revenge for his mother's death and find his child. Toying with YR is part of it.

I am not sure if I am going to enjoy this show. The FL is too pathetic. The writer is obviously trying to portray her as a loyal, sensitive person. She cries all the time and is devoted to her nephew. She is also worried over TP for 5 years. That's right, after rejecting  a 7 year old man-boy all alone in the world. Did she expect him to live alone in the house that her mother provided?

I am with @Ameera Ali this is going to be a mickey mouse revenge, although I am hoping against hope.  He should be resentful to her too, since he saw her hugging SJ.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am with @ameera ali, this is going to be a mickey mouse revenge, although I am hoping against hope.  He should be resentful to her too, since he saw her hugging SJ.

I don’t think he will ever resent her. He loved her so much. I think her love for him is what is going to make him go soft  on her sister. 

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1
3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I don’t think he will ever resent her. He loved her so much. I think her love for him is what is going to make him go soft  on her sister. 

You could be right which will definitely turn the show into some lukewarm half hearted attempt to bring the people responsible for his mother's false imprisonment. In which case there is not much to fill 80 episodes. 

He loved her as a seven year old, he is now 30 plus prosecutor, people change in real life. Anything can happen in kdrama. Although all signs point to a weak show. YR seems to be the main character instead of YJ so far.

Here's to the hope that it will be a good show, i.e.appropriate punishment should fall on  the evil people who stole from a good woman and his simpleton son, abused them and stole their future together.

edit: They should make changes to him, at least hair colour, wear glasses or something.

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자