[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

OK, sitting thru the first 20 episodes was tough, but the extra long setup by the writer was pretty darn good, and the (short term) payoff in Episode 21 was worth everything!

BG music: on point. Hits the right feeling between properly melodramatic and campy for me.

All the name changes: a little dizzying, but I think I have them straight.

TP/MH: Oh, heck yeah, he totally remembers everything from his past, he's got a memory the rest of us wish we had, and he's patiently gonna plan this revenge out over the next 100 episodes. I am totally on board with this revenge rollercoaster! I'm thrilled to see that the writer didn't go with the typical amnesia trope, but put a massive twist on it instead.  

YR's mom: still a complete jerk. I can't decide who I hate more, YR or her Mom. Both are awful. Agree with @maribella, dumpster works for me too. Fully anticipating the enjoyment of watching YR squirm now that she's met TP/MH. Always good when Karma is dished out before the final 10 episodes. 

Seo Jun: OMG, love the 'new' black hair! I so want him to reject YR, and thoroughly. He's still hung up on YJ though...."Hungry for Kimbap"  **Snort-laugh**  he was in NYC for Gosh Sakes! Not like there's no place there to get authentic kimbap, lol! I really like LSK in this role. 

Just figured out where I've seen Handsome A/C Ahjussi--he was the saxophone playing nurse in "Lady Cha Dal Rae's Lover", less maybe 20 lb.

Questions: Where's Choi, the real baby daddy? I want him to throw a wrench into this mess like nothing else. I would also like to see exactly how YJ got MH/DH out of the orphanage. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

Questions: Where's Choi, the real baby daddy? I want him to throw a wrench into this mess like nothing else. I would also like to see exactly how YJ got MH/DH out of the orphanage. 

I can't think why the kid needs a name change. Unless she's lying about the kid's identity. 
Except for the restaurant girl, everyone looks the same, but TP is a prosecutor. That should take many years... ok he sees things once and can remember all. Superfast promotions.

I hope they don't cure him of the savant syndrome. :o
There was a hollywood movie called Charly a long time ago. The man reverted back and also to his old cleaner's job. So sad.

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@UnniSarah @Jillia @nohamahamoud2002 can’t with her , Every time she frustrated , she just remind me

Hyena should be better @Ameera Ali it fits her character, a sloth is harmless.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

I generally like the Roles of the actor playing the father, BUT his roles is

a waste Of screen time.  IMHO, this character is a useless wimp.  MAN UP PLEEEEEEASE!

He will never man up. These fathers in the kdrama never do. They let their wives do whatever they want. Even if their wife chooses to kill someone they would want to protect them. It doesn’t make sense to me but that is what they do. 
By the way do any of you think there is a birth secret involved in this drama. I keep getting that vibe smh smh

• Like 5

6 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

@maribella the original novel and movie you are talking about is Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.  It is an excellent novel.  Charlyne (1968) is based on that novel.  The 2000 remake is also very good.

Thank you for the info. It was so sad. But are we talking about the same movie? it was about a mentally challenged man Charlie. Charlyne is the remake?

If this show were American, there is a possibility it will break our hearts, but I have faith in the power of the Korean ajummas, we will see TP staying as he is and YR being dragged to prison. First, she will be humiliated by SJ who prefers her kimbap selling ordinary sister to her. Then TP also prefers the ordinary sister then the trip to prison.

I wonder if she will try to use the kid to trap TP/MY again.

• Like 5

@maribella @UnniSarah I’m not fan of the leading girl but we need to start a campaign to save Han Yoo Jun # Save HYJ from herself because the girl needs some saving . Who in their right mind live a lie , buried their self with a child seriously didn’t she got any dream she want to achieve isn’t their any middle ground in this family . 

By the way do any of you think there is a birth secret involved in this drama. I keep getting that vibe smh smh

Min ho birth secret is more than enough cant wait wait when two lead learn true :w00t:

But what Kdrama without the 99.78965 DNA  result :sweatingbullets: - when their is a greed people like Joo Hwa Yeon ( are we sure chairman father of her son lol ) 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@maribella @UnniSarah I’m not fan of the leading girl but we need to start a campaign to save Han Yoo Jun # Save HYJ from herself because the girl needs some saving . Who in their right mind live a lie , buried their self with a child seriously didn’t she got any dream she want to achieve isn’t their any middle ground in this family . 

Min ho birth secret is more than enough cant wait wait when two lead learn true :w00t:

But what Kdrama without the 99.78965 DNA  result :sweatingbullets: - when their is a greed people like Joo Hwa Yeon ( are we sure chairman father of her son lol ) 

I guess we should be charitable and help her.  I am guessing that she did not have a college education and must work at lowly paid jobs.  But how did she think of supporting her nephew when he becomes less cute and needs more money? Selling kimbabs? At least have her take night classes, or online classes with this pandemic. Staying in the same house with that vinegary mother can ruin everyday of her life and traumatise the kid. 
However, @Ameera Ali  and @UnniSarah it would be very upsetting to have brilliant TP ending up with this low achiever. She is not setting a good example to the kid.

What kind of woman is the writer aiming at? She indulges her mother and cries in the arms of a man for another man. 

BTW is YR the only one who knows the kid's father is not TP? YR is going to be humiliated. :yaaa:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I think there is three birth secret. @Ameera Ali.

I think Cha Seo Joon isn’t the chairman’s son but Koo Cheon Soo ( The secretary that does her bidding because he loves her). 

This reminds me of Bad Love when Second Male lead turned out to be his mom’s secretary son. 

There are so many Fratenal Twins in kdrama where one of the child is a hold of a mistress or adopted. 
YuJung is the father’s child but not the mother ( that is just me hoping for a reason why the mom plays favorite on the child who least respect her) We still don’t know the deal about the Amnesia lady leaving her lover . 

@maribella YR and her ex boyfriend knows MinWoo isn’t TP’s biological son. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Thank you for the info. It was so sad. But are we talking about the same movie? it was about a mentally challenged man Charlie. Charlyne is the remake?

If this show were American, there is a possibility it will break our hearts, but I have faith in the power of the Korean ajummas, we will see TP staying as he is and YR being dragged to prison. First, she will be humiliated by SJ who prefers her kimbap selling ordinary sister to her. Then TP also prefers the ordinary sister then the trip to prison.

I wonder if she will try to use the kid to trap TP/MY again.

Please forgive my typos.  The 1968 movie is Charly starring Cliff Robertson.  The 2000 remake is Flowers for Algernon starring Matthew Modine as Charly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@maribella @UnniSarah YR already got lap   exclusive  only for her service   :D  , background check , finger testing, she not sparing and expensive - if only Kdrama police working as hard as her investigating crimes :w00t:

16021586191602158604.gif

16021585521602158545.gif

*** baby girl that my job , give me some credit you not dealing with 7 years old again :phew:

16021578691602157861.gif

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 6

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

He will never man up. These fathers in the kdrama never do. They let their wives do whatever they want. Even if their wife chooses to kill someone they would want to protect them. It doesn’t make sense to me but that is what they do. 

@UnniSarah,  You are so right about wimpy fathers.  Let’s not forget all the clueless, never know what’s going on fathers who miraculously are the CEOs of big corporations.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

@UnniSarah,  You are so right about wimpy fathers.  Let’s not forget all the clueless, never know what’s going on fathers who miraculously are the CEOs of big corporations.

@calledtoteach The CEO’s are the worst one. They are so dumb to be fooled by people with lesser education than them. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29pyryxzyheiqs31plxi

• Like 2
  • LOL 2